The Kira return thread

OldVengeance

In terms of people wanting certain companions available for all characters, I think a strong case can be made for returning each companion in the manner most appropriate for them in the canon story, and then, in cases where a companion only came back for their original class via alliance alert, separately making them available to everyone in a 100% non-canon fashion via the Odessen terminal.

This would clearly be the best option IMO.

There are some companions i could not care less about having on any of my characters (the likes of Rusk or Ashara), but others i'd really like to have with all of them.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also want Kira for more than just my JK, since she's one of my faves. I think it may make more sense if they base her availability on the current faction you support instead of the faction you originated from. I don't think Kira would join a Republic Alliance Commander who secretly supports the Sith Empire, this probably includes even the JK. And she would know your true allegiance (most everyone else in the Alliance does).

So, the criteria I had in mind would be currently Republic allied. If it's the case Kira wouldn't work with a Sith, even if they're helping the Republic, then maybe the criteria should be Republic hero who is a current ally of the Republic.

Although it's true that Kira wouldn't want to join any Alliance Commander who supports the Sith Empire, so far Lana is the only person who knows about saboteurs'' true allegiance.

Edited by OldVengeance

Meh. The "Return of Kira" boat sailed long ago. There were no plans to return more than a handful of companions during the KOT-- trilogy which is why those outside of the FEET saga seem forced. I have no doubt Kira and Scourge returns will be more of the same.

They should have just had all the remaining "lost" companion step of an interstellar slow freighter from Planet 9 and exclaim "I"m back! What's new?" And done it ages ago.

JUST MAKE IT GOOD, TAKE AS LONG AS YOU NEED TO.

Sorry for caps, but after years of Blizzard not listening to players in WoW, I have PTSD.

PTSD ??

I can't imagine why !

:eek::eek:

IMHO the whole companion thing has sort of fizzled out the last couple of years. ( Along with some of the PVE contient). And that's kind of sad! I do love the fact that we have a lot more to choose from as far as companions are concerned ! HK-55 for example can be a hoot sometimes.

This can be fixed if the desire to do so is there. Yes, it's a lot of work and attention to detail. BUT early on in the game interaction with companions was a large part of the game. And IMHO it was done with a large degree of success. Returning that part of the game with some improvements on interacting with companions will unquestionably have positive results.

BTW... my apologies for the delayed reply. I've been on the lake fishing all day !

;)

Edited by OlBuzzard

Although it's true that Kira wouldn't want to join any Alliance Commander who supports the Sith Empire, so far Lana is the only person who knows about saboteurs'' true allegiance.

Ya know ... this one aspect: supporting the Sith Empire. Or in this case even an alliance with it, may very well be the onething that needed to be overcome before Kira was willing to come out of hiding. The latest story Jedi

Under Seige could very well be a forshadowing of Kiras story.

Ya know ... this one aspect: supporting the Sith Empire. Or in this case even an alliance with it, may very well be the onething that needed to be overcome before Kira was willing to come out of hiding. The latest story Jedi

Under Seige could very well be a forshadowing of Kiras story.

Perhaps, but one would think her opposition to cooperating with Sith would also be about working against the Republic, which would only become a concern again recently. I could conceivably see her joining the Alliance if it was working against Zakkul. I think she'd be reluctant unless it's run by someone she trusts, but she's not a stranger to uneasy truces with Sith to combat a greater threat. I just don't think she'd ever stick around after that if it became a threat to the Republic.

One would expect her reason must've had to do with Vitiate in some way though. I mean, Charles is obviously right that she and Scourge have a special tie to the Jedi Knight story, and it really wouldn't feel complete until we draw some more explicit connection from the Knight Class Story to the end of Kotet.

Edited by OldVengeance

Perhaps, but one would think her opposition to cooperating with Sith would also be about working against the Republic, which would only become a concern again recently. I could conceivably see her joining the Alliance if it was working against Zakkul. I think she'd be reluctant unless it's run by someone she trusts, but she's not a stranger to uneasy truces with Sith to combat a greater threat. I just don't think she'd ever stick around after that if it became a threat to the Republic.

One would expect her reason must've had to do with Vitiate in some way though. I mean, Charles is obviously right that she and Scourge have a special tie to the Jedi Knight story, and it really wouldn't feel complete until we draw some more explicit connection from the Knight Class Story to the end of Kotet.

A little something from another similarly related thread:

Kira.... IMHO ... it's entirely possible that she went to ground like a number of Jedi. With her unique connection to the emperor for her this may have made the best sense. With the final defeat of the emperor she may (or may not) be aware of his demise. Soooo we'll wait and see how this shakes out in the "final return" of the last of our charactors. The latest development Jedi Under Seige the Jedi are unaware of the defeat of the emperor, but are obviously forced to come out of hiding to relocate.

I must confess that there should have been a disturbance in the force of sorts I'm surprised that Jedi master Satele Shan maybe out of the loop. (but that's a different story to discuss in another thread some day).

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the Jedi going to ground and the recent development on Ossus are strongly connected to Kira.

Edited by OlBuzzard

they've only been gone since 2015 yeah read that again SINCE 2015 - which means one of 4 things:

• They're never coming back.
  • It's gonna be epic. - since after nearly FOUR years....
  • Their work rate is slower than a dead snail.....
  • It'll be 2 short convos and epically under-whelmingly lame.

So ... what will Kira's two minute excuse be?

* Didn't know the JK was alive?

* Busy doing something else?

* Leading her own forces and wants to return as our equal?

* Doesn't care for the PC anymore?

For Kira I vote “trapped in carbonite” and you have to go rescue her.

Maybe she didn’t escape Vaylin after all (or Vaylin hunted her down again later) and Vaylin thought it would be cruelly ironic to imprison her in carbonite on the other side of the galaxy from the Knight.

Have the alert be a vision from Sona-Rae of a companion lost in darkness and now they’re dying (the same sort of carbonite poisoning you had is reaching a critical point) and that they’re lost on a dead world. Have the player go to an instanced mission door on Ziost where the knight has to fight the automated defenses and maybe solve a puzzle Vaylin put in place to reach her.

Then her first words coming out of carbonite would be “No fair. I was supposed to be the one rescuing you.”

For Kira I vote “trapped in carbonite” and you have to go rescue her.

Maybe she didn’t escape Vaylin after all (or Vaylin hunted her down again later) and Vaylin thought it would be cruelly ironic to imprison her in carbonite on the other side of the galaxy from the Knight.

Have the alert be a vision from Sona-Rae of a companion lost in darkness and now they’re dying (the same sort of carbonite poisoning you had is reaching a critical point) and that they’re lost on a dead world. Have the player go to an instanced mission door on Ziost where the knight has to fight the automated defenses and maybe solve a puzzle Vaylin put in place to reach her.

Then her first words coming out of carbonite would be “No fair. I was supposed to be the one rescuing you.”

That or Kira got the saber to the gut too and she's been in a bacta tank for the past 5 years.

I haven't read through this whole thread and only just started on a JK for my first time. I spent years just simply enjoying my JC and BH, but maybe Kira just didn't have a plausible story that connected with the expansions? I adore my JC's Tharan/Holiday and Zenith, but I could see none of them being involved based on their characters. I'm only just getting to know Kira, but her situation (which I love how it connects with my JC's story) might be why she wasn't involved possibly? I could see now that we are returning to the old ways, her showing up again just like Nadia did for my JC.

I haven't read through this whole thread and only just started on a JK for my first time. I spent years just simply enjoying my JC and BH, but maybe Kira just didn't have a plausible story that connected with the expansions? I adore my JC's Tharan/Holiday and Zenith, but I could see none of them being involved based on their characters. I'm only just getting to know Kira, but her situation (which I love how it connects with my JC's story) might be why she wasn't involved possibly? I could see now that we are returning to the old ways, her showing up again just like Nadia did for my JC.

I'm not sure how much of the JK story you've completed but I would think her situation is what is makes her more plausibly tied into the Kotfe/Kotet stories than just about any other character.

I'm not sure how much of the JK story you've completed but I would think her situation is what is makes her more plausibly tied into the Kotfe/Kotet stories than just about any other character.

I'm heading into chapter 2. That's why I'm just guessing really. I'm trying to put myself in the companion's shoes to understand why some fit in the expansions and why some didn't. Nadia appearing after it was over and due to the Jedi story makes sense to me, but I am actually surprised Kira wasn't with her. Instead we got Doc who nearly freaked me out wit his "humor" about the old guy's health at the end of the story.

After chapter 1 I think her connections is gone, She even says it after chapter 3,

saying the emperor is no longer in her

Edited by commanderwar

I know many have posted its fine to wait longer for a meaningful return, but we haven't had any meaningful returns with anyone else and it would be unfair to give special consideration to Kira and Scourge when they ignored all the others. The only return that was meaningful to me was Doc because at least you got a fade to black moment with him indicating you-know-what. We didn't get that with anyone else. We got a moment to kiss but that's all. The duel returns too really sucked. Risha and Corso was bad. Andronikas' return was really sloppy. Ashara's sucked. Vector's was bad. All of the ones returned via alliance alerts were bad. All romanced companions returning should have had significant time and reuniting with our characters.

I am tired of waiting for these two. Just bring them back already. I don't want to wait more years just to have a 2 minute underwhelming experience - again.

After chapter 1 I think her connections is gone, She even says it after chapter 3,

saying the emperor is no longer in her

It's true that his influence over her his gone, but she still has a very personal narrative connection to him in the story. And because of their history, they can still sense eachother in the Force. That's how the Force creates bonds.

Based on her romance letter in Kotfe,

she does seem to have some unconscious connection to Vitiate, directly or indirectly.

Edited by OldVengeance

It's true that his influence over her his gone, but she still has a very personal narrative connection to him in the story. And because of their history, they can still sense eachother in the Force. That's how the Force creates bonds.

Based on her romance letter in Kotfe,

she does seem to have some unconscious connection to Vitiate, directly or indirectly.

agreed... and that is why IMHO we have seen a little forshadowing of her return.

Now the big grand entrance ... (or return) REALLY NEEDS TO BE SPECIAL. Not just a 2 minute zippity-do-da and away we go ... on to the next chapter ! :eek:

(BTW... if you just read this in a rant voice over. Please re-read with a calm mind set.)

:D

Speaking for myself, I don't want to have waited all these years for an underwhelming return. I mean we've waited this long. I think I'd prefer a longer reunion.

Well this assumes that the Bioware Creative Director possesses the creative skill-set to make that a possibility.

I suggest that this:

"Do we do something that we can get done quickly and get her back, or do we try to do something a little bigger because we have kept her away from you for so long? Let me know, what do y'all think? I don't know."

taken with a) just how underwhelming EVERY (with the possible exception of Vette) return so far has been and b) the abject lack of nuance and depth in the Trooper Story Arc demonstrates he doesn't.

All The Best

Worst part about it is we spent years building up a fondness for these characters and honestly? I could personally care less about any of them now, and BW is directly responsible for that. I know no matter what I do story-wise I'm ultimately going to end up with the same junk "reunions" every single time. That Ashara one was godawful writing at its worst. Kira will be the same thing: a 30-second cut-scene and then never seen again. I chose to re-romance Vette on my main and story-wise I think that happened quite a while ago now. I don't think I've seen her since.

SHE SURE ISN'T ON MY PERSONAL SHIP.

Worst part about it is we spent years building up a fondness for these characters and honestly? I could personally care less about any of them now, and BW is directly responsible for that. I know no matter what I do story-wise I'm ultimately going to end up with the same junk "reunions" every single time. That Ashara one was godawful writing at its worst. Kira will be the same thing: a 30-second cut-scene and then never seen again. I chose to re-romance Vette on my main and story-wise I think that happened quite a while ago now. I don't think I've seen her since.

SHE SURE ISN'T ON MY PERSONAL SHIP.

If you use the terminal on Odessen to retrieve a comp prior to their return (either through story or AA) they will show up in their spot on your ship. Once they do return they'll disappear again and this time be gone for good (or until BW puts them back).

I don't like the way they handled your ship and especially the galaxy map recently. It's like they're trying to just get you to teleport everywhere instead of traveling.

There is no point in traveling by ship at all anymore you just hit "SHIFT+M" it brings up the galaxy map and you just pick a place to be teleported to. Also, Kira should have been one of the first companions to come back considering her who she is connected to story-wise. It's ridiculous that one of two companions that has an actual connection to the emperor is nowhere to be seen in the KOTFE storyline.

There is no point in traveling by ship at all anymore you just hit "SHIFT+M" it brings up the galaxy map and you just pick a place to be teleported to. Also, Kira should have been one of the first companions to come back considering her who she is connected to story-wise. It's ridiculous that one of two companions that has an actual connection to the emperor is nowhere to be seen in the KOTFE storyline.

I thought you still had to go to the ship to pick up some main story quests, like the intro to KotFE? Or is there an NPC on Fleet for that? Anyhow, any "main" companion should have been brought back first, especially the romance option ones. Instead we get people like Skadge way before anyone else. And remember, this is a truncated version of KotFE/ET that we got. In other words BW somehow thought it would be wise to drag this stuff out even further, and it lasted several years as is.