Servers Back Offline - 5.10

EricMusco

Since Devs have been silent so far...it might look like no fixes until next Tuesday? I guess the community is the best source of information. Would you say that if you dont start Ossus you should be OK with companions or it's broken even independent of it?

Hate to lose more companions and dont mind waiting till all this mess is fixed but could really take sometime to sort out these bugs.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Let’s talk about the Companion issues that you are seeing in 5.10. Even though you may see some strange things, from what we are seeing we do not believe there are any actual story/long-term impacts stemming from these issues. There are clearly issues that we will need to resolve in a future update, such as companions falling into the wrong category, being unavailable, etc. Please, please continue to report these issues to us with as much detail as possible – knowing your class, faction, and active mission are particularly helpful. We are closely monitoring your reports and our game activity to make sure there is nothing that creeps into severe territory. Thank you in advance for the reports.

A couple things to keep in mind:

• Depending on what Mission you are on, Companions will become completely unavailable to you. That is standard Mission behavior for most of the Missions in this update.
  • Most story Mission explicitly permit specific Companions and you will not be able to use any others during that time.

Keep the reports coming!

-eric

Hi Eric, I've posted this to a few threads in the bug reports section as some people are having similar issues as far as the main quest activation goes.

The only issue I can see with this specific character of mine who cannot get the next Ossus quest after Inflection Point is that he left Theron for dead, and now Theron is showing up as a usable companion (I can and have summoned him to check), though his info clearly states I left him on Nathema to die (I've begun the mission on about a half dozen other characters and none have had any issues).

Sith Warrior (Darkside) - Completed all main missions myself - killed Senya, Arcann, Koth, Aric, Quinn and Theron - Began the Ossus story missions and completed it to the point of finishing the holo call with Lana and the Imp contact (Theron did not show in the cut scene even though he's an 'active companion', so I didn't see too much issue at that stage), I turned in Inflection Point with Lana and got my reward but no further quest and cannot get said quest from anywhere or find any way for me to trigger it.

Since Devs have been silent so far...it might look like no fixes until next Tuesday? I guess the community is the best source of information. Would you say that if you dont start Ossus you should be OK with companions or it's broken even independent of it?

Hate to lose more companions and dont mind waiting till all this mess is fixed but could really take sometime to sort out these bugs.

I have logged in about 5 characters and I have not started Ossus on those characters. Their companions all appear fine. The only companion wonkiness I've seen has been on the one character I've started Ossus on. By my own personal experience it seems that starting Ossus is what starts the weirdness with companions. Others may have had different experiences.

Finished the Imperial version of Jedi Under Siege.

My character progression seems pretty much untouched by any bugs. The only thing I have discovered on my Inquisitor is that Koth Vortena is now unavailable to me. He never left my Alliance and I didn't kill him, so I guess as far as he's concerned, the game defaulted to him being gone. There is no new interaction on his page though, but he now shows up on my Odessen terminal. Furthermore, any companions I have lost throughout the story and that I have returned from the terminal are now gone again and I have to regain them from the terminal.

Likewise, I now have a set of doubles for my original Inquisitor companions (as in, the ones who dropped out of contact). Interestingly enough, I can summon both Ashara and Andronikos from the terminal, despite already having them back (well, I let Andronikos join me, while I cast out Ashara). Getting them from the terminal grants me a double of them (which have their full names again, unlike the ones from the alerts who only use their first names).

Edited by BenKatarn

I have logged in about 5 characters and I have not started Ossus on those characters. Their companions all appear fine. The only companion wonkiness I've seen has been on the one character I've started Ossus on. By my own personal experience it seems that starting Ossus is what starts the weirdness with companions. Others may have had different experiences.

I've logged into 12 different characters now--some who have done part or all of the KotFE/KotET/Iokath/traitor arc, some who have only completed SoR, and some who haven't started any expansion content. I haven't started Ossus on any of them. All of their companion lists appear to be fine. It really does appear that starting Ossus is what makes things get wonky.

Edited by AscendingSky

Trooper & Inquisitor - both done all previous story content (class, expansions, alerts etc), both got all of the original class companions duplicated into Unavailable section INCLUDING 2V/C2. Only Khem was removed from that section once I finished his Ossus-Odessen quest. Rest are now duplicated. I suspect the same thing will happen to the rest of my class characters who also done all previous story content. Edited by Pietrastor

I've logged into 12 different characters now--some who have done part or all of the KotFE/KotET/Iokath/traitor arc, some who have only completed SoR, and some who haven't started any expansion content. I haven't started Ossus on any of them. All of their companion lists appear to be fine. It really does appear that starting Ossus is what makes things get wonky.

Thank you guys! I guess starting Ossus or holding back till there is a more permanent is the way to go (if you can). I will do that for now :)

Edited by Christie_Swift

Thank you guys! I guess starting Ossus or holding back till there is a more permanent is the way to go (if you can). I will do that for now :)

Yeah I'm holding my other characters back from starting Ossus. From everything else I've read I was extremely lucky to only see the minor wonkiness that I did on my one character.

This has been my experience too. I have logged in on several characters and had them run around to get Life Day/Anniversary goodies and they have been unaffected by the companion weirdness (except the companion AI does seem to be wonky). My only character who has had issues has been the one who accepted and completed Ossus.

Hey folks,

Let’s talk about the Companion issues that you are seeing in 5.10. Even though you may see some strange things, from what we are seeing we do not believe there are any actual story/long-term impacts stemming from these issues. There are clearly issues that we will need to resolve in a future update, such as companions falling into the wrong category, being unavailable, etc. Please, please continue to report these issues to us with as much detail as possible – knowing your class, faction, and active mission are particularly helpful. We are closely monitoring your reports and our game activity to make sure there is nothing that creeps into severe territory. Thank you in advance for the reports.

A couple things to keep in mind:

• Depending on what Mission you are on, Companions will become completely unavailable to you. That is standard Mission behavior for most of the Missions in this update.
  • Most story Mission explicitly permit specific Companions and you will not be able to use any others during that time.

Keep the reports coming!

-eric

I just finished Ossus story on my Marauder now. I started it after having completed all previous main missions but not much side stuff and the only alliance alerts I completed were to get my old class companions back as well as the ones that you just have to go talk to to get them. For reference I have Theron alive, Koth dead, Kaliyo dead, Jorgan alive, Acina alive (sided with Empire on Iokath), Arcann dead, Vette alive. All of them stayed correct for me throughout.

Companion list was correct when I logged in after patch, it changed as soon as I picked up Inflection Point. As soon as I picked that up 2V-R8, Broonmark, and Pierce moved to "Unavailable" and the text said I hadn't encountered them yet (but I had recruited them for sure). Also their influence levels changed in the companion list (eg. Pierce went from 31 to 11), but the correct influence shows in the crew skill window still (and I can still use them for crew skills even though I can't summon them).

Everything else was fine for me though. No duplicates and I only got the alert for Dark Jaesa (which is correct). I do have the problem where her influence is stuck at 1 and she gains no influence from gifts though.

I want to say it was a good 2 weeks to a month before I touched Iokath. I'm not going anywhere near Ossus until they get more bugs and kinks worked out. New content is silly if it's just frustration. You new content people that act like it's crack... have at it. :D

its kinda sad when you try another computer to log in and get same connection error at server selection screen I don't know what you people are doing but almost two days two computers still no login two call to customer service and no help

the cause of connection error is on yalls end and needs fixing

i just spent 5mill creds on the gtn getting supplies for the dr. lokin recruitment mission A Kindly Old Monster and when i when i gave him all the supplies it said -9900 iinfluence with lokin and influence rank decreased to 1 . *** IS GOING ON I WANT A REFUND ON MY CREDS AND FIX THE DAM BUG FFS come on im pissed off !!!!!!!!