Servers Back Offline - 5.10

EricMusco

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, so what would you rate the odds of a retired PC causing problems with your patch?

now, what would you consider the odds of THE MAIN use case there was when implementing new story content: new story affects already played old content on existing toons.

so, what would be urgent to test here???

there is no reasonable explanation or excuse for someone missing out a test THAT obvious.

if onyl politicians had this level of hate related to their level of efficiency in benefiting the community and not themselves it would be a better world.:rak_03:

As a huge Star Wars and SWTOR fan who has subbed since launch, without break, I used to find these delays so hard to come to terms and utterly frustrating.

Now, all these years on, I find them part of the protocol, part of the pomp and ceremony if you will, of bringing our game to the next level. I'd be utterly disappointed nowadays if things of this nature DID go all to plan. Imagine the anticlimax!

Something from ST DS9

"Benjamin!" - Cal Hudson

"Ahh... Cal. Thanks for coming under such short notice." - Ben Sisko

"I wish it didn't take a disaster like this to bring us back together again." - Cal Hudson :rolleyes:

sorry i couldn't resist that. But it has a point that from a certain point of view these downtime extensions could be seen as a disaster and we are all here again. :p

Edited by Celise

Can confirm double doc smoochie-smooch.

-eric

More smoochies are always nice, though I think I'll only still get one, as I only just came back home. Sucks that it's down, but such is life. :(

Thank you to Eric and Keith for talking to us. That's nice, it's awful being in the dark.

Keep Theron and Quinn safe. :p

And hello to all the people usually not seen on the forum. I was amazed to see so many different names and ones I haven't seen in ages. :)

No way, I am not going to bed until about 3 am GMT, I will play the new story today:D

I went to bed and woke up and the servers still down. For once it's good to be Aussie I can start the day refreshed with the new update :D

its amazing how impatient some of you guys are lol mmos are among the hardest games to make, the team is doing their diddly darn hardest

What evidence is there of that?

Many months ago, after a particularly disruptive and extended downtime, Keith came on these forums and promised that they would endeavour to make sure it never happened again, and that they would go forward with the mindset that such delays were never acceptable.

I don't think I can remember that last major downtime that didn't have issues, and I certainly can't remember the last patch that didn't.

Which would seem to imply that Bioware do find such delays acceptable, and haven't endeavoured to prevent it happening again.

So not much evidence of doing their "diddly darn hardest", in fact just the opposite.

All The Best

OMG! Yes!

On a side note, Porkins needs his own movie like Solo, but obviously better.

Solo would have been a reasonably good movie if it had been just "A Star Wars Story", but it was about characters that we thought we knew about. I found it somewhat disconcerting that the guy who looked like Ras Tafari(1) (and was a card cheat) was also a certain businessman on Bespin.

(1) HIs Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia.

What evidence is there of that?

Many months ago, after a particularly disruptive and extended downtime, Keith came on these forums and promised that they would endeavour to make sure it never happened again, and that they would go forward with the mindset that such delays were never acceptable.

I don't think I can remember that last major downtime that didn't have issues, and I certainly can't remember the last patch that didn't.

Which would seem to imply that Bioware do find such delays acceptable, and haven't endeavoured to prevent it happening again.

So not much evidence of doing their "diddly darn hardest", in fact just the opposite.

All The Best

To me it seems that they might not have enough people to test properly ? I dont know... However, I am glad that we are getting content at least. Mistakes can happen and will happen.

Something from ST DS9

"Benjamin!" - Cal Hudson

"Ahh... Cal. Thanks for coming under such short notice." - Ben Sisko

"I wish it didn't take a disaster like this to bring us back together again." - Cal Hudson :rolleyes:

sorry i couldn't resist that. But it has a point that from a certain point of view these downtime extensions could be seen as a disaster and we are all here again. :p

Yeah, its like a great social occasion. I'd be kinda sad not to be able to touch base with all you other players who turned up here hoping to play.

Hey dev team has the unmasked regrets quest that you get from arcann after eternal throne been fixed at all in this update? Only reason I am asking is because when I went to go do it initially, it showed arcann's picture but no quest name, and when I traveled to the bridge that leads to your ship on oddesson it triggered the mission but wouldn't finish it at all. It keeps making me repeat it.