Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why are 12's matched up against 30's?

Dubzinator

I'm currently level 18 on my quickly becoming main and have had no incredible issues in Warzones, and definitely no complaints. I'm able to compete with the other healers on the charts, am usually middleground for medals, and contribute to my team.

The only annoying thing for me is I'm often focused once people notice me and that I'm healing people, but that is part of the territory for being a healer.

I'm not a "hardcore PvP'er." I simply enjoy PvP'ing and leveling to do so. I want to save all of the side quests for another toon, so figured I'd PvP my Consular to cap with only class quests to see that storyline.

Relax and have fun.

Edit: I wanted to note I started PvP'ing as soon as it was available - level 10 - and only started playing my toon a couple weekends ago so its not like I'm just now starting with no data to pull from. Actually won all but 1 Warzone last night and it was because of teamwork, not level, that the victories occured - and I was PvP'ing solo.

Edited by Zerbak

Nevertheless, that doesn't change the fact that I can own anyone of lesser level than me.

No, you can't. Again, lower level players can beat higher level players if they work together. A level 30 healing a level 15 who's beating on a level 50 = dead level 50. And at 18, I've beaten level 40 players. Solo. So your entire argument, while probably applicable to other MMOs, doesn't apply to this one.

This is true of course, but that doesn't take away from the fact that there is a majority of players NOT doing exactly that.

Then those players don't get to gripe against the system in place...if they don't follow the rules of the system in place.

You can't justify grouping when the majority doesn't .. GROUP.

So the entire system- which does work when it's followed, you just said so yourself up above when you said "This is true, of course" -should be reworked because the people NOT following it are complaining it doesn't work...but only because they're not following it.

Can you sort of see the illogic of their position?

So what you are saying is that you enjoy griefing lowbies...good to know. All good competitive sports/games have something called balance. It's like playing football where one team has pads and the other is in shorts and t-shirts.

There has never been "balanced" pvp in any mmo that's dependent on equipment. Add all the different classes with different skills and it's near impossible. People need to stop crying about balance because all it leads to is an endless string of nerfs. Balanced pvp will always be the realm of FPS games.

No, you can't. Again, lower level players can beat higher level players if they work together. A level 30 healing a level 15 who's beating on a level 50 = dead level 50. And at 18, I've beaten level 40 players. Solo. So your entire argument, while probably applicable to other MMOs, doesn't apply to this one.

Worthless argument. No doubt there are some sad 40's out there. I bet you couldn't do that to me.

Then those players don't get to gripe against the system in place...if they don't follow the rules of the system in place.

So the entire system- which does work when it's followed, you just said so yourself up above when you said "This is true, of course" -should be reworked because the people NOT following it are complaining it doesn't work...but only because they're not following it.

Can you sort of see the illogic of their position?

The logic is in the programming. If you can't accomplish tiered PVP with millions of players then you can't accomplish anything. That should have been a first thought. Guess that line of logic is irrelevant considering this monstrosity is a failure of design. So, you can argue that the system isn't perfect.. so be it.

I'll gripe that it needs a better balance of challenge and you can gripe what you want.

The logic is in the programming. If you can't accomplish tiered PVP with millions of players then you can't accomplish anything. That should have been a first thought. Guess that line of logic is irrelevant considering this monstrosity is a failure of design. So, you can argue that the system isn't perfect.. so be it.

I'll gripe that it needs a better balance of challenge and you can gripe what you want.

I think you missed the point. The system is fine. It works just fine. When people get killed and steamrolled repeatedly, it's because they're going into warzones- TEAM BASED PVP -and trying to 1V1 higher level players. If someone's got a notion and are pretty good with their class, they can possibly pull it off. IF they're your average PvPer they'll die.

SWTOR PVP = Team-based and objective oriented.

SWTOR PVPer = "Hmm, instructions eh? Cap wut? Heal who? Interrupt why? Bah Ima go pwnzor peoples for I am DARTH PWNAGE!!"

*That* is what leads to the current intolerable levels of whinage here. People not paying attention to the rules and following them.

I think you missed the point. The system is fine. It works just fine. When people get killed and steamrolled repeatedly, it's because they're going into warzones- TEAM BASED PVP -and trying to 1V1 higher level players. If someone's got a notion and are pretty good with their class, they can possibly pull it off. IF they're your average PvPer they'll die.

SWTOR PVP = Team-based and objective oriented.

SWTOR PVPer = "Hmm, instructions eh? Cap wut? Heal who? Interrupt why? Bah Ima go pwnzor peoples for I am DARTH PWNAGE!!"

*That* is what leads to the current intolerable levels of whinage here. People not paying attention to the rules and following them.

The title is the rule I suppose? The rules are there to tell millions of solo-players, possibly cooperative players, that they should get instant gratification with team based combat.. in teams that are NOT teams. I suppose everyone SHOULD be in a guild yet.. there isn't an automated system for that?

Everything is perfect, got it.

What you are telling me is.. that its perfect for you, and a few select people, and that everyone else should just bend over and kiss their own ***.

Edited by BlackFx

The title is the rule I suppose? The rules are there to tell millions of solo-players, possibly cooperative players, that they should get instant gratification with team based combat.. in teams that are NOT teams. I suppose everyone SHOULD be in a guild yet.. there isn't an automated system for that?

Everything is perfect, got it.

What you are telling me is.. that its perfect for you, and a few select people, and that everyone else should just bend over and kiss their own ***.

No this is total incorrect way to look at this. In warzones you are placed in a team because you have to work together as a team or fail. If you can't work with other then warzones are not your thing and yes your going to lose every time. This is not a solo event and if someone is looking at it as such then they are making a big mistake.

If someone chooses to not be in a guild then so be it, they don't have to. If someone chooses to pvp in a warzone then they either except that warzones are team based and work as a team or except that they will lose and they are part of the cause of it.

To the people aruging for brackets. What are you going to do about open world PvP? Sure the level 50s won't be able to kill you in Warzones anymore. But if you are level 25 you are as good as gone if a 50 meets you in the open world.

Your logic is failing and you are on a PvP server even more so.

So what you are saying is that you enjoy griefing lowbies...good to know. All good competitive sports/games have something called balance. It's like playing football where one team has pads and the other is in shorts and t-shirts.

That's the problem with the current PvP. This shouldn't be a sport or a game as in fair. We need open world PvP where guilds fight other guilds, and sometimes zergs happen.

The most fun I have ever had in PvP was in Shadowbane where it was all based around asset destruction. And "griefing" as you call it was just another way for our guild to keep other guilds from rising up.

This is not the NFL, or MLB; this is Star Wars a galaxy on the brink of all out war. Why are we playing games instead of crushing the enemy. If you want fair games/sports stop playing SWTOR on PvP servers.

The Lions are 10-5 and going to the playoffs. ;)

Yea baby represent.

But on topic, I think that now that the game is launched they should split it up into brackets, but keep the buffing.

I think this would work pretty well: 10-29 (everyone buffed to have 29 power/health) 30-49 (everyone buffed to have 49 power/health) and then 50 by itself.

I've been 2nd in damage *and* 2nd in heals on my level 16 DF specced scoundrel. Yes, a level 50 will cream her, but I can still contribute, and I still have fun. I'm going to have to start buying her level 20 gear now, because she is WC capped already.

I would like to see two brackets, though. Level 50s in one and everyone else in another. That's because level 50s can focus on gear progression, and lowbies outgrow their gear too quickly. The WZ boost is level-based, so letting your gear fall behind is not an option, and, in any event, there is no expertise on sub-50 gear. :(

You've only begun to experience the stupid. Wait until you get a team were almost everyone is below 25 and the other side is all above 40. good luck even having fun in that one.

Why are level 12's fighting 50's, let alone 30's? I would have laughed if someone described this mechanic to me before this game.

Why are level 12's que'ing for WZ's, they should be leveling.

They need brackets plain and simple. How anyone can argue against that is beyond me.

I love this game and support BW, but this is just a terrible oversight that needs to be addressed. It is a simple fix and I am actually fairly shocked it went live.

They need brackets plain and simple. How anyone can argue against that is beyond me.

I love this game and support BW, but this is just a terrible oversight that needs to be addressed. It is a simple fix and I am actually fairly shocked it went live.

LOL. I love how people are insisting that this does not work. As long as you enter into this team event and work as a team it works beautifully. Period. Every Warzone i have been in has been won by not the team packed with 50's but by the team that has worked together the best.

It's not the system that is failing it's the players. Sorry if the players don't understand this then it will fail but it's the players not the system. Fix what is broken not what works beautifully.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.