Level 50 Powertech PvP Video (Champion Gear)

Xpar

Thank you for this! I am anxious to reach level 50 and PVP with a Pyro build.

Obviously your damage output is amazing. I am looking forward to it myself.. However, how is your ability to take damage?

I have been reading about hybrid ShieldTech/Pyro builds, and they have caught my eye because of the survivability and burst damage possibilities. However, if one could stand on there own in PVP putting 31 points into Pyro, I would definitely do it.

What do you recommend? How is your survivability with this build?

Thank you for the video, but after videos from Operative's forums it's not so exciting. (( Oper 50 lvl comes to any class in stealth and kills him in stunlock ( the numbers are like: 4500+3300+5000. The numbers of PT are 400-700 sometimes when rail proc it's 3000. Edited by Varyajko

Thank you for the video, but after videos from Operative's forums it's not so exiting. (( Oper 50 lvl comes to any class in stealth and kills him in stunlock ( the numbers are like: 4500+3300+5000. The numbers of PT are 400-700 sometimes when rail proc it's 3000.

but if you caught them while they are still in stealth they have no chance againts you. just saying.

I play an Operative and yes our burst openers are amazing but its also pretty much all we have if it gets messed up or we do not get the kill or damned near to it then we dont get many other options for backing it up to sum it up our openers are geat but sustain is not. So dont put too much into every video you see a lot of people remove parts that dont go their way creating impressions of their classes being gods.

Still I am not going to say that Op's are bad they are a great and fun class I picked it after I got my PT to 17 and so and found the story more intresting but looking towards bringing my PT upto speed very soon.

I play an Operative and yes our burst openers are amazing but its also pretty much all we have if it gets messed up or we do not get the kill or damned near to it then we dont get many other options for backing it up to sum it up our openers are geat but sustain is not. So dont put too much into every video you see a lot of people remove parts that dont go their way creating impressions of their classes being gods.

Still I am not going to say that Op's are bad they are a great and fun class I picked it after I got my PT to 17 and so and found the story more intresting but looking towards bringing my PT upto speed very soon.

This^

and PT is not that great at bursting compared to Operatives but are godly at sustaining damage at the enemies coupled with high survivability they can push insane numbers of damage done.

Hoenstly i think 31 Pyro tech is too much. Thermal deto is a good skill but for 400+ damage it is not worth it, atleast according to the tool tip. It takes awhile for it to detonate and the extra damage it does can easily be made up for by using other abilities.

What are you talking about?

When I got lvl 40 and could actually get thermal detonator my tooltip said id did 1100 damage, now that Im 50 it crits for like 3,5k and my gear is pretty sucky.

What are you talking about?

When I got lvl 40 and could actually get thermal detonator my tooltip said id did 1100 damage, now that Im 50 it crits for like 3,5k and my gear is pretty sucky.

He doesnt realize that the damage in tooltips scales with level

You should use taunt to get extra medals. Don't need to guard people for protection. Also helps your teammates survive. Can get two medals pretty easily 2k dmg protection in a single life and 5k total protection. Depending on my enemies you can also get 10k dmg protection in a single life medal.

It amazes me that the tank type advanced classes don't use taunt in pvp, I have only seen 2 or 3 people that actually do it.

I usually get 9-12 Medals a match as 50 Pyro powertech.

Funny that in the void star you are attacking, and your not even placing a bomb on the door.

Going for the kills even when nothing is around the door.

Seem like a "im the best" type of player and not a team player. Glad your not on my team.

You should use taunt to get extra medals. Don't need to guard people for protection. Also helps your teammates survive. Can get two medals pretty easily 2k dmg protection in a single life and 5k total protection. Depending on my enemies you can also get 10k dmg protection in a single life medal.

It amazes me that the tank type advanced classes don't use taunt in pvp, I have only seen 2 or 3 people that actually do it.

I usually get 9-12 Medals a match as 50 Pyro powertech.

So you are saying that we get protection medals for taunting in pvp? I thought that was only possible with the shield thingy