Bioware - if half priced unlocks aren’t this weekend - when will we have them?

Totemdancer

Bioware - If half priced Collection Unlocks aren’t this weekend - when will we have them?

It’s pretty simple request for info.

You have not offered them this Black Friday weekend even though you’ve set the precedence of doing so in years past. (Was not offering them this weekend an oversight by someone or was it done purposely?)

You set the expectation that it would be done again this year. Now you have a lot of very unhappy players because of it.

So I would like to know (as I’m sure plenty of other people would), when can we expect a half price collections unlock promotion?

If this was an oversight, so be it. People make mistakes. But can we please get some info on when it will happen so we can plan. (Xmas is coming up quick and funds need planning for most). If you want people to spend money with you, they need a plan and confidence to do so. Which means info from you.

Anyway, I hope you had a good thanks giving.

Edited by Totemdancer

Yes, please. I've been saving for months because I read that there is always a sale at Thanksgiving. Hanging on and waiting for the next mythical sale isn't very much fun, but I'm not going to spend any CCs until it comes. I already have too many things to unlock. It would be nice to know when we can expect the sale (unless EA in its greed has done away with them completely). Edited by sauceemynx

Is it possible that they get so many (casual) players paying the full unlock prices that they consider it a complete waste to lower the prices?

It's the same with those ridiculous (imho) cartel market prices. We wonder why they sell a lightsaber for 50 USD (or whatever) and whether they wouldn't sell much more if they would sell it for 10 USD.

At the same time, people notice a massive decline in subs (just look at who is left in this forum, for example). However, BW doesn't seem to be in a worse state than, let's say, one year ago. So the income must be about the same, despite less subs (that is, if there are less subs; I don't know any numbers).

One possible explanation is that they are selling a lot of cartel market stuff in the status quo. And if they do, then it's no wonder that they don't offer any further sales apart from what we got.

Bioware - If half priced Collection Unlocks aren’t this weekend - when will we have them?

It’s pretty simple request for info.

Historically, this has happened once, maybe twice, each year since I have been playing. While I don't recall the exact days, if I recall correctly, we can expect something around Christmas or New Year.

Historically, this has happened once, maybe twice, each year since I have been playing. While I don't recall the exact days, if I recall correctly, we can expect something around Christmas or New Year.

Plenty of us do remember the exact days. The two sales are usually Black Friday and May the 4th. It's because Black Friday has passed without any unlock discount that we're now questioning when it's going to happen.

Going through various items to check for price bugs and I see the following:

Diligent Engineer's Armor set, silver rarity, 200cc (should be 120cc).

Zakuulan Inquisitor's Armor set, silver rarity, 200cc (should be 120cc).

Beskad weapon, silver rarity, 200cc (should be 120cc).

Will edit to post more if I find them.

Edited by Estelindis

Ther did lots of discussion and disappointment across multiple social media about the lack of unlocks. Let’s just hope Bioware have seen it and realised their mistake.

I really doubt they "realized their mistake". They put the half price unlocks today for Cyber Monday. I doubt it was based on social media and forum feedback. More then likely it was planned in advance this way and I doubt today's release was a result of "player feedback"

Edited by Nightblazer

I really doubt they "realized their mistake". They put the half price unlocks today for Cyber Monday. I doubt it was based on social media and forum feedback. More then likely it was planned in advance this way and I doubt today's release was a result of "player feedback"

I agree, it likely was planned. But, for the last two or three years (I don't remember 2015 for certain) the half-priced collection unlock sale started on the Monday of Thanksgiving week and went to the following Monday. So when the sale didn't start as expected last Monday there was an understandable level of confusion.

I agree, it likely was planned. But, for the last two or three years (I don't remember 2015 for certain) the half-priced collection unlock sale started on the Monday of Thanksgiving week and went to the following Monday. So when the sale didn't start as expected last Monday there was an understandable level of confusion.

Yeah. The CM can run automatically on script, and most likely the sales as well as the announcement posts were set up early last week, so everyone at BW could enjoy their long weekend.

That said, I still fondly remember the 2013 black friday sales, where in addition to reduced unlock prices, the CM was updated every hour with new items reduced by 50-90%. Of course I missed some bargains because of bad habits like sleeping, but at least I got all the character slot unlocks I'll ever need.

Edited by Mubrak