Update 5.10 and Alliance Alerts

CharlesBoyd

Hi folks!

To prevent this from causing issues with future romances, we need to know that you can no longer begin a romance with Arcann via that mission once a character has begun the storyline in 5.10.

Thanks for the info, but about the bug of bigamy with Lana and theron or other companons will it be fixed before the launch of jedi under siege ?

If not, will not it be a problem for the future ?

Edited by Angele

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KOTET Chapter 8: Republic characters and Sith Warriors are assumed to save Vette; the remaining Imperial classes are assumed to save Torian instead.

Vette was the only good thing that happened to my Inquisitor since she lost her Khem.

I actually hoped Vette will have a greater role in new story and new adeventures of my inquisitors.

It's so sad i dont even have conventional words to express that.

Looks like all my inqs are now MUST make it at least to KOTET Ch. 8 before touching new content.

Edited by Kraysk

I have some questions

- what will happen if I did not finish it? (I'm only finished chapter 3)

so how do I keep going from the quests, I was used to making the run on the planet I was navigating it further

- what about my companions automatically coming up and running alliance automatically or how will it be?

One sidenote when it comes toloosing companions from the autocomplete choices.

All that means is that for the story they are dead, you can still get them back from the companion return console even if they are killed or if it is from a choice of one or the other.

For example, on my main torien died and because i chose imperial i got quinn instead of elena and even tho i saved scorpio i lost her at iokath when she merged with the planet.

As far as the story is concerned they are gone and won't be involved in future events. But i used the companion terminal to get all three back. All it will affect is the way certain story points go, you can get any companion back.

https://postimg.cc/tZrjCXSc

As you can see on that i have them all. Three of them could be from before so the screenshot is not proof on torien, vette and scorpio. But quinn and elara are an either or choice, but i have both showing the terminal does give all comps lost /choice rejected during the story.

Humorous sidenote, you can put elara in talos drelliks imperial outfit. Kinda wrong and cruel putting anti empire elara in impy uniform but is possible.

Edited by Rusah

• KOTET Chapter 3: Republic characters are assumed to forgive Koth; Imperial characters are assumed to kill him.

But Koth leaves regardless, whether its out of shame or death. So are you saying that choosing light side means he will eventually come back? And if so, what about his romance? Is this going to be addressed. Koth broke up with some people and others his romance arc just goes no where in the end.

Also, keeping Vette on a Sith Warrior is fine. But what if the warrior kept her slave collar on the whole time. I know she reacts differently to the warrior when they are reunited in Profit and Plunder. So if you skip those chapters, I assume you get Vette back with her slave collar back on?

Edited by Swingkittie

• KOTET Chapter 3: Republic characters are assumed to forgive Koth; Imperial characters are assumed to kill him.

But Koth leaves regardless, whether its out of shame or death. So are you saying that choosing light side means he will eventually come back? And if so, what about his romance? Is this going to be addressed. Koth broke up with some people and others his romance arc just goes no where in the end.

Those are based on what happens in the chapter where you recruit Kaliyo. If you choose a bad option at the end of that chapter, that determines if he stays or leaves in the KotET chapter.

So Imp side will have chosen the dark side option in the Kaliyo causing him to leave and thus the dark side option will be made in that KotET chapter. The same for Republic players, but with the light side choices.

The only things that won't happen are romances. Those are even more impossible to automate than making every single light or dark side choice that's available, which is more impossible to do than making it so that you can use a "choices menu" to choose what your "boosted" or "skip" character would do.

Just to give some perspective on the complexity of such a thing: We're more likely to get the hood toggle or a non Basic speaking playable species than for them to implement automated "light/dark choices" or even a menu to choose certain actions/romances.

Those are based on what happens in the chapter where you recruit Kaliyo. If you choose a bad option at the end of that chapter, that determines if he stays or leaves in the KotET chapter.

So Imp side will have chosen the dark side option in the Kaliyo causing him to leave and thus the dark side option will be made in that KotET chapter. The same for Republic players, but with the light side choices.

The only things that won't happen are romances. Those are even more impossible to automate than making every single light or dark side choice that's available, which is more impossible to do than making it so that you can use a "choices menu" to choose what your "boosted" or "skip" character would do.

Just to give some perspective on the complexity of such a thing: We're more likely to get the hood toggle or a non Basic speaking playable species than for them to implement automated "light/dark choices" or even a menu to choose certain actions/romances.

I get what your saying. It was a bit confusing at first because there are light side options in that chapter if he left your alliance. You can forgive and forget and he comes back - temporarily. Then leaves because he feels ashamed for his actions and that you may never trust him again anyway. It would be nice though for players if they did choose to not kill him that he could eventually come back. Oh well....

I get what your saying. It was a bit confusing at first because there are light side options in that chapter if he left your alliance. You can forgive and forget and he comes back - temporarily. Then leaves because he feels ashamed for his actions and that you may never trust him again anyway. It would be nice though for players if they did choose to not kill him that he could eventually come back. Oh well....

Oh my yes. Believe me, I have one character that told him to leave because she was mad, but then later forgave him and welcomed him back. I really hope he does come back. He did say he would after some time. Similar situation with Vik and SCORPIO.

Oh my yes. Believe me, I have one character that told him to leave because she was mad, but then later forgave him and welcomed him back. I really hope he does come back. He did say he would after some time. Similar situation with Vik and SCORPIO.

Both Vik and SCORPIO are rather different situations. Vik is quite happy running his crime gang on Asylum (if you let him live) and SCORPIO becomes a planet (if you let her merge with Iokath). We may get contacted by one or both but I doubt they'll ever (re)join us as companions.

Both Vik and SCORPIO are rather different situations. Vik is quite happy running his crime gang on Asylum (if you let him live) and SCORPIO becomes a planet (if you let her merge with Iokath). We may get contacted by one or both but I doubt they'll ever (re)join us as companions.

Oh I know. I meant they're similar in that we had them, then they left. SCORPIO is more similar to Koth leaving. Vik is more of a "maybe, maybe not. meh." Until we get a definite "no" on a companion, I'm going to assume they'll return someday.

I just hope we get more time with romanced companions. I was rather disappointed with Elara's return. I expected much more out of it. A two minuet convo just isn't enough. It makes me wish they hadn't crammed all of the rest of the Eternal Empire story into KotET all at once. Most of what I saw was a desire for all the chapters to release at once, not be crammed together as one. And to not have what the Kaliyo chapter had: enemies fake shooting you from really really really far away. But I digress.

I know it's a week later and I'm sorry if this has already been said-- I didn't read through all nine pages worth of comments.

I really wish there was a way to auto-decide choices that's NOT based on faction. I'm tired of "Republic is LS and Imp is DS, *ABSOLUTE* end of story." We all know this just isn't true. And yes I know my toons will probably not be saddled with the actual LS/DS points anyway.

A guildmate explained why an alignment-based choice system wouldn't work for them. Would it be feasible to place a droid in a certain spot, you talk to it and feed it choices, similar to the droid that's on Odessen if you choose to marry Lana?

I'm just glad I can still choose to do the chapters manually in order to get a custom outcome. I'm not at all crazy about it but at least it's available.

But again, my main points, I really dislike "auto choice is Pub makes all LS choices, Imp makes all DS ones."

EDIT: It would be nice if the Lokin, Qyzen, and Pierce/M1-4X alliance alerts could be auto-completed, or at least be eligible for auto-completion if you have the legacy achievement. Bowdaar I suppose, now that the Eternal Championship will be an option for conquest points, everyone would eventually reach influence 10 with him anyway via that route.

Edited by HollyUSEC

So just to be clear if I complete the original storyline as a smuggler who romanced Risha and then auto-completed the expansions (including the alliance alert for Risha) then the romance does NOT resume correct?

I don't THINK the Alliance Alert for Risha (or any other Alliance Alert) auto-completes. Only certain main story decisions with companions who returned that way. So - as I understand it - your Risha romance WOULD resume once you do the Alert to get her back.

I don't THINK the Alliance Alert for Risha (or any other Alliance Alert) auto-completes. Only certain main story decisions with companions who returned that way. So - as I understand it - your Risha romance WOULD resume once you do the Alert to get her back.

Companion missions that haven't been done are being auto-completed. Those are alliance alerts. The dev post states that outright.

Companion missions that haven't been done are being auto-completed. Those are alliance alerts. The dev post states that outright.

Actually, Charles' post states:

We have actually changed our plans on this pretty significantly, but the short version is: When starting the first new storyline mission in Update 5.10, the light-side Arcann Alliance Alert will be auto-completed if it hasn't been completed already; no other Alliance Alerts will be auto-completed.

Emphasis mine.

Actually, Charles' post states:

Emphasis mine.

Oh I never even saw the edit. I expected a separate post. Never mind then.

I'm actually a bit disappointed. I REALLY don't like doing the M1-4X and Major Pierce missions when not as a trooper. I DISLIKE PVP! If those can be included with Arcann since they're not romancable, and it involves PvP, I'd be happy. Or at least make it so you have to do a certain number of FP runs OR PvP... I'd be okay with that.

Edited by HKtheindomitable

Oh I never even saw the edit. I expected a separate post. Never mind then.

I'm actually a bit disappointed. I REALLY don't like doing the M1-4X and Major Pierce missions when not as a trooper. I DISLIKE PVP! If those can be included with Arcann since they're not romancable, and it involves PvP, I'd be happy. Or at least make it so you have to do a certain number of FP runs OR PvP... I'd be okay with that.

I do every alert except M1-4X and Pierce. I dislike PVP a great deal and I refuse to run that many warzones for a companion that can't even be used in PVP. I have simply trained myself to ignore them even though it makes me absurdly satisfied to log into a trooper or warrior and see I have zero alerts waiting.

Then leaves because he feels ashamed for his actions and that you may never trust him again anyway.

Sorry for the delay coming back here. I read that one differently, though. I read it as a question of general trust within the Alliance rather than just the Commander. Given the situation, it's reasonable for him to feel that the people (plural) with whom he'd have to work if he came back would be reluctant, at best, to trust him.

I do every alert except M1-4X and Pierce. I dislike PVP a great deal and I refuse to run that many warzones for a companion that can't even be used in PVP. I have simply trained myself to ignore them even though it makes me absurdly satisfied to log into a trooper or warrior and see I have zero alerts waiting.

Same. The only characters who get those companions are the ones exempt from the PvP requirement (SW and trooper). I just ignore the alert on everyone else.

Same. The only characters who get those companions are the ones exempt from the PvP requirement (SW and trooper). I just ignore the alert on everyone else.

Well i don't really bother with AA anymore, but it's clear that these 2, i will never get them on anything else than a trooper / SW

Well i don't really bother with AA anymore, but it's clear that these 2, i will never get them on anything else than a trooper / SW

There are some AAs I routinely ignore now (the PvP ones, the Eternal Championships one for Bowdaar and one or two others like Lokin's that require a lot of work I don't want to repeat), but IMHO some of them are fun. I always look forward to doing the AAs for Talos Drelik and Blizz, particularly. And it's a short mission but I like mixing a drink for Nico. The KOTFE-era Alliance Alerts might not have been fully voiced, but some of them were creative and fun little side missions.

The ones that came out this year are a chore, though. I still do them because it's two minutes, but for most of them I head canon that my character had a lot to drink and is having really bizarre dreams that make no sense.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

There are some AAs I routinely ignore now (the PvP ones, the Eternal Championships one for Bowdaar and one or two others like Lokin's that require a lot of work I don't want to repeat), but IMHO some of them are fun. I always look forward to doing the AAs for Talos Drelik and Blizz, particularly. And it's a short mission but I like mixing a drink for Nico. The KOTFE-era Alliance Alerts might not have been fully voiced, but some of them were creative and fun little side missions.

The ones that came out this year are a chore, though. I still do them because it's two minutes, but for most of them I head canon that my character had a lot to drink and is having really bizarre dreams that make no sense.

Quite the same for me, i usually do Talos (and i quite like the little man) and Nico is fun too, first time i did it i forgot the little umbrella, he was not very happy with me. :p

Never did Lockin, Pierce or M1 (except with their original classes for the last 2), and Bowdaar, i think i'm not that far for him, but it's just a pain, and i clearly won't do it on every character i have.

Lol

I'm still missing 3 out of 5 companions on my JK (and i don't even bother with Rusk either), i really hope their return will be better than the ones we got so far :(

Edited by Goreshaga

Quite the same for me, i usually do Talos (and i quite like the little man) and Nico is fun too, first time i did it i forgot the little umbrella, he was not very happy with me. :p

Never did Lockin, Pierce or M1 (except with their original classes for the last 2), and Bowdaar, i think i'm not that far for him, but it's just a pain, and i clearly won't do it on every character i have.

Lol

I'm still missing 3 out of 5 companions on my JK (and i don't even bother with Rusk either), i really hope their return will be better than the ones we got so far :(

Lokin's alert just never ends. You have to go all over the place to get the stuff he's demanding. When I did it on my first character I remember thinking I'd wasted so much time and mats that I might as well see it through. Then with the next two toons I'd forgotten how long and involved it was; same thing. :p

I agree on the JK. I hate Doc and if I can ignore his AA I will. But I'm curious to know what Kira and Scourge are up to. I don't mind that the devs are holding them back if they're going to get a truly meaningful and interesting return when they do emerge. I already have Kira back from the console, but I miss interacting with those two.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Lokin's alert just never ends. You have to go all over the place to get the stuff he's demanding. When I did it on my first character I remember thinking I'd wasted so much time and mats that I might as well see it through. Then with the next two toons I'd forgotten how long and involved it was; same thing. :p

I agree on the JK. I hate Doc and if I can ignore his AA I will. But I'm curious to know what Kira and Scourge are up to. I don't mind that the devs are holding them back if they're going to get a truly meaningful and interesting return when they do emerge. I already have Kira back from the console, but I miss interacting with those two.

Lockin looked like a complete waste of time (considering i don't even really like him), so i just completely ignored his alert, seems i was right to do so.

Well i started off really disliking Doc but for some reason, not so much now, i kinda miss him and would be pretty happy to see him again. Thoug i may be a bit mean to him on this, i'd like for him to see that the girl he's been after for several years and who never fell for him ended up falling for someone else :rolleyes:

Kira and Scourge, yep, i really, really miss them. Well if they have a really good return, i'm ready to wait even if they're the last ones to come back, i just hop it'll be really good though.

Hi folks!

During our livestream where we first revealed the details of Update 5.10: Jedi Under Siege, I mentioned that when Players begin the storyline in that update, any Alliance Alerts they hadn't completed on that character would be auto-completed for them, and that we'd give out more details later. Well, it's later now, so here are some details!

We have actually changed our plans on this pretty significantly, but the short version is: When starting the first new storyline mission in Update 5.10, the light-side Arcann Alliance Alert will be auto-completed if it hasn't been completed already; no other Alliance Alerts will be auto-completed.

Why pick on Arcann? It relates to his romance; since Alliance Alerts aren't generally required to be finished before moving forward in the main storyline, it would hypothetically be possible to have Arcann's Alliance Alert sitting on a character for years before completing it and, potentially, choosing to start a romance with him. To prevent this from causing issues with future romances, we need to know that you can no longer begin a romance with Arcann via that mission once a character has begun the storyline in 5.10. (Remember: if you complete his alert before starting the first storyline mission in 5.10, then nothing will change with him or his alert at all.)

For similar reasons, going forward, starting new romances with certain returning class companion characters may preclude resuming a romance with other returning class companion characters. For example, choosing to begin a romance with Nadia in update 5.10 would preclude you from resuming an existing romance with Felix Iresso if you hadn't already done so via his Alliance Alert. You will always get a warning confirmation on choices like this.

Outside of Alliance Alerts, beginning the first storyline mission in 5.10 will still auto-complete all other storylines, much like starting KOTFE. As with KOTFE, our general guideline for what choices are set by default is that Republic characters are assumed to make light side choices, and Imperial characters are assumed to make dark side choices. As examples, I've highlighted some of the major choices and how they default below, including a few where we have exceptions to the general guideline. Spoilers, of course!

• The HK-55 bonus chapter is not auto-completed at all.
  • KOTET Chapter 1: Republic characters are assumed to help Senya; Imperial characters are assumed to kill her. Thus, in Chapter 6, it's assumed that Republic characters recruit light-side Arcann, while Imperial characters are assumed to kill dark-side Arcann.
  • KOTET Chapter 5: Republic characters and Imperial Agents are assumed to spare SCORPIO; the remaining Imperial classes are assumed to kill her.
  • KOTET Chapter 8: Republic characters and Sith Warriors are assumed to save Vette; the remaining Imperial classes are assumed to save Torian instead.
  • War for Iokath: Republic characters are assumed to ally with the Republic and help Jace Malcom; Imperial characters are assumed to ally with the Sith Empire and help Empress Acina.
  • Traitor Among the Chiss: Republic characters are assumed to take Zenta as a prisoner; Imperial characters are assumed to kill her.
  • Nathema Conspiracy: all characters are assumed to forgive Theron and keep him in the Alliance.

So you can see there are some complexities and exceptions to the general guideline, but it's pretty consistent overall. None of this applies to a character who has already completed these storylines, of course, so if you want to see different variables set for your character, I would encourage you to play through the storylines before starting Jedi Under Siege :)

If you have any questions about the auto-complete process when starting Jedi Under Siege, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks everyone!

EDIT:

Some quick additions, based on questions I've seen coming up:

• If your character has already completed everything available before 5.10, nothing in this post applies. Auto-complete is only used for characters who haven't finished the previous content.
  • Other than the Arcann Alliance Alert, NO Alliance Alerts are being affected. They will all work as they do now.
  • When auto-completing the Arcann Alliance Alert, your character is assumed to NOT romance Arcann. If you want to romance him, do his alert before starting Jedi Under Siege's first story mission :)

Thank you for the info. Cant wait for this to come out......