We also want the game in Spanish.

Thorkarim

The OP has a slight problem with attitude, in the way he is showing his case, now I am not saying he is wrong, but, I read a lot of replies like "I want it cos Spain is better, and don't you forget it or dare to imply hat we are not important", especially in regard of his south america argument, since those two hate the sight of one another for some mentally backward reason (My ex partner used to be from Argentina, and always expressed the hate between Spanish and SA people), but anyway, that is slightly off topic.

Now let me give you a small piece of advice:

I am also from a non English speaking EU country, and when I Was a teen, I was struggling to play games because they were almost never translated, and where I come from, we have an unfortunate similar attitude as spanish people do, which is basically "why should I bother learning their language when they can learn ours because we are so great?", and as result, we have every single movie dubbed and new generation struggle learning English and are far behind every other country in EU because of this.

And let me tell you, dubbed movies, are the worst atrocities that happened to cinema, you loose 50% of the actor performance and the original humour is adapted usually very poorly (You cannot expect a country to have the same humour as another).

When I came yo UK 9 years ago, I have finally truly started understating how "dubbing" is backward and really bad for you (From the movies, from games, commedy, etc), even when I go back visit, I cannot watch tv, because I just want to pull my hair out from the amount of injustice done to the original actor when I hear the translated version.

Also being forced since a young age to either learn to read English or get stuffed, helped me develop English much earlier than any of my classmates, and I think it is a far better way to learn the language rather than spending countless boring hours in a room as a student and learn nothing.

So bottom line is, I understand your augment, and I hope you get it sorted, but I think it would be for the best if more people learned English.

German? ;)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it serves to get all the douchebag spaintards from my server to move to an own spanish server, please do this NOW.

happened in wow too (tho i must say it's not that bad currently in swtor):

spaintards assumed the server spinebreaker was theirs and with their piss poor retarded and prepotent attitude made the server a horrible place. to the point every non spaniard left the server as soon as free server transfer became available (hello twilights hammer) leaving the little spaintard community behind and they suffered from a empty server until real spanish servers with free transfers became available.

the pity is, only a few spanish people know how to behave on the internet. the rest think they own the place and can do whatever they want without rules of behaviour.

oh, posdata: yo soy español, asique no me vengais con los temitas de que no tengo ni idea.

Edited by zandadoum

I completely support the addition of spanish subtitles!! You've no idea how annoying it is having to translate every single NPC conversation to my wife, who always plays with me, and all she can say in english is 'kiss' and 'hug'. Since the SWTOR quest stories don't usually revolve around kissing and hugging I have to translate every quest to her unless I want to hear her whining about things like "but why am I picking up these shiny crates from the ground?".

She can't really play alone either since she always get stuck in some quest at some point until I tell her what to do (she dies every 3 minutes too but that's another problem :D ).

So, please, even if it's just for the nagging wives, add spanish subtitles!! I've a few friends who wont play until the game is translated, too (or until their english gets better, which believe me isn't happening any time soon). It'd be nice to have them around :)

Cheers!

Edit: typos :o

Edited by Hugorer

My money is the same as in france, germany, usa and i have the right to understand it and play at ease.

CAPITALISM!!!!

Your money is your vote. Don't give BW your money, simple as that. If BW realizes they are losing more money than the cost of making subtitles, they will make the subtitles. I doubt they will lose enough money to make it cost effective since most people who speak Spanish also speak either English, French or German.

If I moved to France, I would expect games to be voiced over in French and learn to speak French...

If I moved to Germany, German...

If I moved to Mexico, Spanish...

If the United States, English...

I would say SO much more on this issue but it's not game related so I will refrain...

If I moved to France, I would expect games to be voiced over in French and learn to speak French...

If I moved to Germany, German...

If I moved to Mexico, Spanish...

If the United States, English...

I would say SO much more on this issue but it's not game related so I will refrain...

So if you move to some 2 million country you expect game to be voiced over in their language...

******** its English game made by American company where official language is English and they make game in their most known and most understanded language in market where they sell French and German is only dubbed cos of their laws... Else it would not be.

If spanish would have such law i fear the release in Spain might be delayed until they move to other spanish markets like latin america aswell.

Your expectation is off the logical market economy where resources and time are limited and walk hand in hand with profit of modern capitalism

Spain has a big dept and no AAA rating anymore, most of their people live in poverty, of course Bioware concentrates on countries where people can actually buy the game.

Sorry but i can't stop to say this. YOU'RE A STUPID , spain lives in poverty? please, don't say anything if you don't know about it, spain in poverty... do you know where is spain located? SPAIN ISN'T SOUTH AMERICAAAAAAAAA

Ignorant...

"Real" Spanish he says... Just go away troll. I'm glad it's not in Spanish now, if only to spite you.

And i spit on you, the ONLY ingnorant here are you.

All foreigners always confusing Spain with South America , learn geography and history first then post. Starting getting angry about this ignorants post.

Edited by Thorkarim

Sorry but i can't stop to say this. YOU'RE A STUPID , spain lives in poverty? please, don't say anything if you don't know about it, spain in poverty... do you know where is spain located? SPAIN ISN'T SOUTH AMERICAAAAAAAAA

All foreigners always confusing Spain with South America , learn geography and history first then post. Starting getting angry about this ignorants post.

Stop insulting people just because they may not know what they are talking about, you are NOT doing yourself a service. Got it?

Also you don't DEMAND anything, you REQUEST it.

Edited by Kalshion

'Spite' doesn't mean 'spit' y'know?

Spanish is the second languaje of the world, and the game its translated to german and french first? We're many playing this and many speaking spanish around the world, at least we want subtittles... If you speak spanish, all flaming on party or general, the game is good, but i wan't understand all the dialogues well and history. My money is the same as in france, germany, usa and i have the right to understand it and play at ease.

Spanish is the second language of the WORLD? I lol'd.

Most of the spanish speaking people are in south america where there are barely any internets and computers.

French and German are two of the main languages in western europe, a lot of people know 2-3 languages in Europe because of the close proximity of the countries.

So it makes sense to translate to two of the main languages to appeal to the European crowd.

Well, thank you for that actually. I stand corrected and have learned something this Sunday afternoon, so thank you.

However, I am implored to qualify because this resource points out the number of native speakers, rather than proficiency numbers. In reality, when considering accessibility, one cannot just look at these languages in isolation, but rather must analyze the overlap.

For example, Spanish is used in Spain AND South America (with differences in the language of course). English is the native language of the US and UK, HOWEVER, it is also taught in primary school in many countries, especially in Europe. Therefore, the aspect of analysis that is more important to note for businesses is the number of people in the world that are proficient in a language rather than the number of native speakers. This would certainly shift the positions on this list.

That being said, yes, I do support Spanish subtitles for those who need/want them.

Yes, Find it on google. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers

Lol now...

I studied this on school

Well, thank you for that actually. I stand corrected and have learned something this Sunday afternoon, so thank you.

However, I am implored to qualify because this resource points out the number of native speakers, rather than proficiency numbers. In reality, when considering accessibility, one cannot just look at these languages in isolation, but rather must analyze the overlap.

For example, Spanish is used in Spain AND South America (with differences in the language of course). English is the native language of the US and UK, HOWEVER, it is also taught in primary school in many countries, especially in Europe. Therefore, the aspect of analysis that is more important to note for businesses is the number of people in the world that are proficient in a language rather than the number of native speakers. This would certainly shift the positions on this list.

That being said, yes, I do support Spanish subtitles for those who need/want them.

Thanks for support :)

This... BioWare is not the government. You don't have the right to any of their stuff... You have the choice to buy it from them or to not buy it from them.

They'll chase markets where the money is, as they should as a business, not provide equal language access, unless they think there is additional revenue versus expense in it.

Oh, btw: there are a billion or so Cantonese speakers that might argue Spanish as the 2nd language of the world... not to mention those that speak Hindi...

Pjskull got it. You have no rights to the game. It's a company and they can do what they like and how they like. You can be a customer, or you can choose to go else where. So long as they do what the majority of people like, the majority will stay to play. They can't make everyone happy and unfortunately that means you.

Edited by MysticTrunks

Alright, but look at this too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_language#Spanish-speakers_country_by_country

The only reason your language is the second most spoken (by native speakers) is because of South America, whom you seem to dislike. Spain itself only makes up around 8% of the total Spanish speakers in the world. The vast majority of the Spanish speakers, even if it is a different form of Spanish, are in South America, and Mexico has the most of any country.

The problem is that south american countries are somewhat poor. Brazil is somewhat of an exception, but of course they speak Portuguese there. When 80-90% of the Spanish speakers in the world are living in countries where computers, and even moreso internet are rare, it's not economically sound to invest heavily in attracting their purchase.

• 1 month later...

translated in google

A little common sense, they are telling me it is not profitable Spanish in a game you pay 54.99 euros cheaper and about 13 euros a month for online, apologize but I see the series of 24 hours in Spanish by the TV and not pay a penny, and if it does not cost you have to kill that translates the series because they are 8 seasons in Spanish XD.

English is my second language, but I prefer to play games in it - always have - but I understand the frustration. I support Spanish subtitles at least too. But I don't understand the "Spanish is the 2nd language of the world." The link you posted doesn't back that up from what I see.