Make Mirror classes actual mirrors

Kellindell

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like freezing force is getting upped to 9 seconds, which is one of these issues.

Again though, like the flash bang thing it has a number problem that is visible. They still have not addressed the issue of invisible buffs gained through animation differences.

I suppose its a step in the right direction, butt he over arcing problem still goes unnoticed.

They obviously are working on it. There is absolutely NO REASON for them to favor a faction, because this would cause people to unsubscribe and make them lose money, I just can't believe anyone could think this is intended. We just have to be patient as they fix things, this is a slow process.

Ewoks King out.

They obviously are working on it. There is absolutely NO REASON for them to favor a faction, because this would cause people to unsubscribe and make them lose money, I just can't believe anyone could think this is intended. We just have to be patient as they fix things, this is a slow process.

Ewoks King out.

If they were working on it, they would have said something about it, like they have with all their other fixes.

Can we please get some kid of clarification on this?

Devs, you can play Empire all you want, but when you take 80% of the population with you, the advantages need to stop. Were you that worried that the big bad Republic players were gonna gank you?

Just announce something about it, because we're losing Republic players over this **** and we didn't have enough as it is.

That's just disgusting. We all pay the same amount every month, don't we ? So why advantage a faction rather than equilibrating them ?

Do they think we're blind ?

I'm playing a lvl 50 Sage, and another thing some people may have noticed is when you cast a projection on a Shadow Jedi or an Operative, if he vanishes before getting hit by the projection, it just will do nothing at all, no damage and the projection will float next to you until it vanishes in the void while the shock would have hit them anyway.

Gonna bump this thread everyday.

Edited by Euradys

Unprofessional, biased developers make me sick. It's like how Blizzard favors the horde. It's absolutely pathetic.

Even Kira Carsen says something about all the fashion designers going to the dark side.

It's because Bioware clearly phoned it in, on a much of the Republic content. From armor designs to even vender content. It's clear which side the devs have shoved their collective ***** into, and they don't even seem to care enough, to try and hide it.

So you have stated that they are not mirrors, and then you have pointed out that the smugs ability is on a longer cd......then you go on to say how the diff in CD makes up for the abilities. Are you just looking for stuff to cry about?

Most PvPers would take a shorter CD anyday for a move that does a similar effect.

True mirrors would homogenize the game. I like the diversity and I hope they keep it.

Edit: While true mirrors would make balancing the game far less complicated, I dont want to be a IA/Smuggler...i just want to be an IA.

Typical remark from someone who enjoys the advantages of the Imperial side.

You can claim that you just "want to be an IA instead of a IA/Smuggler" all day long. However, when push comes to shove you just want to enjoy the advantages handed to you on a silver platter.

If you really want equality, then you should be voting for balance on a game that claims to host "mirrored or equivillant" classes, instead of voting to keep the unbalanced build.

Every mainstream Imperial I see who tries to support their arguments with arrogance and moot points always have the same things to say. "Stop crying", "roll an IMP", "Keep the diversity", etc. I'll tell you a little secret, if they wanted true diversity, they wouldn't have promoted mirrored classes in the first place. If BioWare promotes equality, I expect just that.

Oh, and before anyone decides to throw pointless retorts at me; I play Imperial AND Republic characters, but I do not accept the unbalanced favortism that the developers decided to give to the IMPs over the REPs.

So, my question now is this; When are you going to post an offical reply BioWare/EA? Do you honestly believe your going to keep your population just by ignoring us?

Edited by jztrotter

Looks like there trying some fixes for this on the PTR, so they where listening.

Thats great to hear, but it dose not excuse them from posting a reply or offical thread about the situation(s).

BioWare/EA are suppost to be a professional company. This is unprofessional.

Still no word on any of this, and now it seems to be getting over shadowed by the Illum stuff, I just wish people would see the relationship between this stuff and that problem.

Good thread very revealing. I rolled Republic to avoid the mass of prepubescent teenagers playing Imp. Like in Indiana Jones "I chose poorly" it seems.

I'm wondering how much the ability latency issues are related to some of this vs. animation issues? I read that the ability delays are being addressed on PTR and am wondering if that will help a little?

I play a Vanguard and Mortar Volley is a POS unless you time it brilliantly.

I'm here to stay right now and suggest we all give BW a chance - after all the game has been live for just a month. Exercise some patience and keep bringing these issues up - let's hope they are addressed.

Edited by Extenzz
Typo

Good thread very revealing. I rolled Republic to avoid the mass of prepubescent teenagers playing Imp. Like in Indiana Jones "I chose poorly" it seems.

No...no, you succeeded in that. If you want proof, just head on over to Dromund Kaas, and stare at general chat for an hour. You won't be able to do math for a week.

No...no, you succeeded in that. If you want proof, just head on over to Dromund Kaas, and stare at general chat for an hour. You won't be able to do math for a week.

From what I gather not every server is that way, but a majority are. On some of the RP servers the imperial side got alot of the stronger RP guilds because people feel shackled by RPing a Jedi or trooper. Think about the adverse classes and effectively how free you are to do whatever you want from an RP stand point.

That's just disgusting. We all pay the same amount every month, don't we ? So why advantage a faction rather than equilibrating them ?

Do they think we're blind ?

I'm playing a lvl 50 Sage, and another thing some people may have noticed is when you cast a projection on a Shadow Jedi or an Operative, if he vanishes before getting hit by the projection, it just will do nothing at all, no damage and the projection will float next to you until it vanishes in the void while the shock would have hit them anyway.

Gonna bump this thread everyday.

That has been mentioned, and its one of the reasons the delay is so annoying compared to its instant counter part.

What baffles me is all the imperials writing this off as "class flavor". For that to true Republic would need to get some advantages, and imperials would have to get some disadvantages in a give and take.

Also for sage and sorc, shock being instant and project having a travel time. If a shadow ''vanish'' at the same time the sorc shock him, it will unstealth him. If a sage project an assassin the rock will disapear as soon the assassin stealth.

Although I do agree with the majority of points in this thread, I'd like to call out one of the topics you mentioned (and if it's been corrected in the last few pages and I missed it, I apologize):

Regarding Full Auto (trooper) / Unload (bounty hunter). Unload frequently loses the extra tick even when only hit once, like full auto does, they seem to perfectly mirror each other. I've leveled a Trooper to 23 and a Bounty Hunter to 32, and have NOT noticed a difference between the two.

Even with talents that reduce the pushback while casting Unload by 70% on my Merc, yet without this talent on my Vanguard, they still both seem to lose a tick if I take any damage... or am I missing the point?