The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

More Casual and Revealing Outfits!

fatsi

This game seriously lacks casual clothes. I don't know if there is even one half sleeve shirt we can wear. I can't even find a nice sleeveless shirt for my characters. There are revealing outfits but only one that I find casual. I guess there is only one mini skirt around too.

We are fed up with full robes and armors at this point. It is nice to wear them sometimes, but not always. We need more casual jackets, mini skirts, revealing dresses, half sleeve and sleeveless shirts. The entire cartel market is filled with battle suits, "forcy" robes and weird outfits. There are some revealing or casual clothes but most of them are bad.

We need more casual and revealing outfits!

This game seriously lacks casual clothes. I don't know if there is even one half sleeve shirt we can wear. I can't even find a nice sleeveless shirt for my characters. There are revealing outfits but only one that I find casual. I guess there is only one mini skirt around too.

Sleeveless shirt: Canderous Ordo's Vest. (OK, it's a T-shirt and mini-jacket combined, but it's definitely bare-shoulder sleeveless for both male and female. One of my Sith Warriors *insisted* that she wanted Quinn to wear it.)

Agreed.

This game seriously lacks casual clothes.

We need more casual jackets, mini skirts, revealing dresses, half sleeve and sleeveless shirts.

We definitely need more short skirts, short tops and jackets. Especially skirts, because at this point it seems like minis are banned in both Republic and Empire. :)

For example my femBH dont need another 100500th variation of mandalorian armor, she already has enough of it. Please give some casual clothes instead!

We are fed up with full robes and armors at this point. It is nice to wear them sometimes, but not always. We need more casual jackets, mini skirts, revealing dresses, half sleeve and sleeveless shirts. The entire cartel market is filled with battle suits, "forcy" robes and weird outfits. There are some revealing or casual clothes but most of them are bad.

We need more casual and revealing outfits!

No, we don't.

Why? This isn't some generic fantasy MMO game. It's Star Wars.

Any main characters you can think of from SW films, Clone Wars, Rebels, etc. that wear next to nothing? Nope.

They have a distinct and appealing aesthetic.

I'm all for more types of armors for Force users and Tech classes added, but we don't need mini skirts or generally out-of-place revealing clothing.

Edited by arunav

No, we don't.

Any main characters you can think of from SW films, Clone Wars, Rebels, etc. that wear next to nothing? Nope.

I'm all for more types of armors for Force users and Tech classes added, but we don't need mini skirts or generally out-of-place revealing clothing.

1. This IS some fantasy MMO game. Star Wars is space fantasy in its core.

2. Main characters in SW films are rarely casual people, and we rarely see them in their casual lives outside of action like missions. In this game, we have smugglers who are civilians. Padme Amidala, Leia Organa, Han Solo and many others did wear casual clothes at times. Ahsoka Tano from Clone Wars wore next to nothing. There were a lot of characters in Rebels who were not military or Jedi or something like that who wore casual clothes too. And why are we ruling ot side characters really? Your argument is so flawed.

3. Who said they should ignore the SW setting for clothes, and no they don't ALL have "distinct and appealing" aesthetic." A lot of poor characters in SW universe wear anything they can find imo.

4. There are just too many armors in game already. Mini-skirts / revealing skirts are not out-of-place either. Just because it doesn't süit your gamestyle doesn't mean they are out-of-skirt. Watch some cantina dancers?

Sleeveless shirt: Canderous Ordo's Vest. (OK, it's a T-shirt and mini-jacket combined, but it's definitely bare-shoulder sleeveless for both male and female. One of my Sith Warriors *insisted* that she wanted Quinn to wear it.)
Yes, I found that out too. Canderous Ordo, Show-Off Caual and Mission Vao pieces sleeveless. Thanks anyway though. Edited by fatsi

No, we don't.

I am kind of on the fence with this because I admit that I have several characters running around in semi skimpy attire at times. But I do see your point and if you don't mind here's a little story:

My husband played a trooper who romanced Elara. Now he typically dresses all his LI's in the slave outfits. He had stopped playing his trooper for a long, long time. Then one day he decided to finish leveling his trooper to finish chapter 3. In that scene where they are at the Bastion and all of Havoc squad is there with the Trooper giving his rah rah for the republic speech - he's watching this cut scene and exclaims, "who the heck is this half naked chick among my squad!" I start cracking up. "It's Elara. Remember you dressed her like that." He laughs, "Well that just looks stupid.' But he continued to keep her in the slave outfit.

So from a Star Wars story perspective it wouldn't make sense for a character to go into battle like that but if people like dressing themselves or their companions, why not? It makes the game fun for them.

But I wouldn't mind some mini skirts without leggings attached. The regal apparel set is designed to have leggings which is why in cut scenes it shows them with the skirt.

I'd love to see more casual, 'normal people' clothes in the game, revealing or not. Not everyone in the Star Wars universe goes around in grandiose fashion or blinged-out bulky armor all the time. We see civilian NPCs all over TOR proving that. Not to mention some players prefer simple looks over the giant shoulder pads and blinky lights that are so associated with MMO aesthetics in general.

Bring on the T-shirts and tank tops, the shorts, the sandals, the miniskirts, the sensible flats, the sneakers, the sweatshirts and pants, the flannel PJs, and the swimsuits! If people don't like them, they don't have to buy them or put them on their toons, just like I don't have to buy or use armor or weapon skins I think look ridiculous at present.

Edited by AscendingSky

No, we don't.

Darth Talon begs to differ (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darth_Talon)

Except that it's not even hard to look destructively hot while showing no skin below the neck (not even the hands), provided the clothes are selected carefully.

One of my agents wears a black catsuit that looks like it's practically painted on. I call her my Emma Peele character.

As long as it's available for both genders and not just one.

I agree with this in general, but I hope it hasn't prevented the release of the swimwear we saw in previews a while back. I was especially looking forward to the hat and the shoes. My feeling is that anything already under development shouldn't be canned just because of not wanting to release any more female-only clothing. But going forward they could decide not to create anything new unless it's for everyone.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/KP85X This would be an outfit I want to see in the game.

Agreed - this looks fab. And it's not too dissimilar to a few outfits that already exist.

I'd love more classy civilian clothes too! There are times when bulky armor or even battle robes aren't appropriate. For example the quest Catching up with Jaxo. Or in Voss ka. TBH I'd love more glamorous options for a lot of things. Pretty can be just as good as cool.

I agree with this in general, but I hope it hasn't prevented the release of the swimwear we saw in previews a while back. I was especially looking forward to the hat and the shoes. My feeling is that anything already under development shouldn't be canned just because of not wanting to release any more female-only clothing. But going forward they could decide not to create anything new unless it's for everyone.

Agreed - this looks fab. And it's not too dissimilar to a few outfits that already exist.

I'd heard somewhere that they had some issues with the swimwear, not based on gender but on the way the clothes worked with the PCs. In the preview that was out, some of the parts of the arms were dark so it seemed they were having issues with it.

Having said that I do hope they will continue the more recent trend of making anything revealing for both genders and not just one, and making the armor the same for all (ie, the 'female version' is real armor, and not a belly shirt...I've vendored so many things that looked nice on the male models but made my female PCs look like they were out clubbing and not fighting a war).

I'd personally just like to see more *casual* clothing that is not revealing and more simple things.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

One of my agents wears a black catsuit that looks like it's practically painted on. I call her my Emma Peele character.

The RV-03 Speedsuit?

I have a BT2F Mirialan (bright green skin) Shadow who wears that dyed black/medium orange (so it's mostly black with orange panels up the sides), then follows the theme with a black/orange (?orange/black) crystal in her dsabre and an orange/black Hyrotti speeder. And bright green skin for contrast.

Carrie Fisher, Return of the Jedi. :D

Luke's first outfit was casual. It's what he wore to work on his uncle's farm and drink blue milk. :)

Edited by Zerileth

The RV-03 Speedsuit?

I have a BT2F Mirialan (bright green skin) Shadow who wears that dyed black/medium orange (so it's mostly black with orange panels up the sides), then follows the theme with a black/orange (?orange/black) crystal in her dsabre and an orange/black Hyrotti speeder. And bright green skin for contrast.

No, actually it's the Concealed Bodysuit set with Outlaw boots. It looks more like leather than the RV-03 Speedsuit and I have a black/black dye on it. My agent also has black hair that hits above her shoulders and of course the British accent.