How many did Hate KOTFE or KOTET...

Totemdancer

Yeah, it would have been a great way to introduce the Zakuulan lore. Even if the Zakuulan characters shared the same story.

I didn't mind kotfe, it wasn't until kotet/fa I started to notice all the wasted potential with this plot. Even the data-mined stuff for 5.10 isn't that encouraging.

We mustn't speak of what we aren't allowed to speak of!

If I look at KotFE and KotET as a completely seperate story from SWTOR then the stories are enjoyable and the lore it introduces about Zakuul being really interesting. But as a continuation of the main SWTOR storyline is just a big "no" for me, it simply doesn't work in my opinion.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We mustn't speak of what we aren't allowed to speak of!

If I look at KotFE and KotET as a completely seperate story from SWTOR then the stories are enjoyable and the lore it introduces about Zakuul being really interesting. But as a continuation of the main SWTOR storyline is just a big "no" for me, it simply doesn't work in my opinion.

I tried to make a character at 60 and start from the chapters but it's very dull. I couldn't motivate myself to continue that character with knowing what was coming. It took 3 years for these expansions and they butchered it nearly every step of the way.

Only got to the end on one character. I don't HATE it, but I'm not inclined to go any further on any other character. It didn't make much sense for a IA, and the first bunch of chapters didn't really fit right with my force users either.

I've hardly done a chapter since. Occasionally I'll try them at a harder mode, but I'm not putting in hours just for the achieve when I can log on, kill a bunch of folks in a wz and log off. - A lot of the chapters won't save any progress either, which is another turn off - since I'm not slogging back to a waypoint when a WZ pops or I run out of time.

I understand the new chapters are what a lot of people enjoy. - And I'm happy that they are happy. I love the vanilla stories, but the expansions of KOTFE and KOTET just weren't for me.

Hate is a word I don't use as it brings negative feelings.

I liked the expansions but there were things I think they could have done better. I also don't have a problem returning to the empire/republic provided they do the story right.

But for me this constant bickering between who "dislikes" or "likes" the expansion is a waste of time. Some like it and don't need people making snide comments because they do. Some don't and they deserve the same respect.

I admire your attitude about it, aspire to it, actually, because it does bring negative feelings.

I'm a bit of a fence sitter when it comes to the question of KOTFE/ET, my inclination is, 'meh, it was okay.' But on deeper thought, the things I hated, were so powerful, that I can't use any other word than hate. I hated Darth Marr's death. It damn near drove me to quit. I didn't log in for five days after that. Maybe I get too attached to my pixels, lol, but I hated that. I only came back, hoping there would be more of Marr, or some way out, to undo his death.

I disliked the amount of time dedicated to the moustache-twirling 'villains'. I put the word 'villains' in quotes, because I typically love them, if there is a villain in a story, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'll be on them like the candy coating on an M&M, but sadly this is not the case in KOTFE/ET. Vaylin and her voice irritated me, Arcann, not my cup of tea at all. He didn't interest me, what he did in the story didn't thrill me, it was just more of a case of...meh, that's all you've got? Planet razing? That's it? How dull. Evil, but not clever. It used to upset me more, but as time goes by, I've thought more about it and this is why I was more upset about it than anything else.

Some of the mechanics I didn't care for either, I think it was Misha that mentioned the walkers and the party and I was bored by both. And seeing so much of Satele Shan made me want to punch something. No amount of time will ever dim my hate of her, but it is what it is.

Truly, I enjoyed Shadow of Revan much more, even though there were things missing in that too, that would've made it more complete...like something, anything from Scourge about the Emperor.

They were chapters, I played them, I'm not really so much into looking back at things these days as trying to look forward and I hope things will be better in the future.

I never finished it...took 2 characters in and never did much , I disliked it.

Since any character that begins anything else after Kotfe/kotet will loose all companions, no others will do it ( I really did not enjoy that whole companion shuffle thing). My 2 that dabbled in it may.

Some like, some do not. A matter if taste. So i just "head cannon" everything and do what i like, do not do what i dislike.

I never finished it...took 2 characters in and never did much , I disliked it.

Since any character that begins anything else after Kotfe/kotet will loose all companions, no others will do it ( I really did not enjoy that whole companion shuffle thing). My 2 that dabbled in it may.

Some like, some do not. A matter if taste. So i just "head cannon" everything and do what i like, do not do what i dislike.

When I started KOTFE on my twilek JC I was extremely disappointed by the lack of racial diversity in new companions. Not a single twilek, togruta, white-skinned zabrak, chiss ( I don't have the chiss lady, wants playing back then).

Why take away all companions and make us spend more money on gifts for the new crew? I had rank 50 influence with Nadia Grell & Zenith, then I had to start all over again from scratch. Had some money saved for Mandalore the Preserver armor set, I had to use it all to have rank 15 with Lana, Koth , Theron & Kalyio .

Then the recruitment missions : sorry but I couldn't care less about Yuun, Guss Tuno, Skadge, Rusk, Blizz and Grumpy Cat Jorgan.

Edited by AdornedBlood

KOTFE was way too long. Would have liked 8 or 9 chapters. Dreading running it again on alts.

Not only too long, but also with way too many cutscenes featuring the Zakuulan royals. Do I really need to see how Vaylin is killing a female Knight because the Outlander allied with Mandalorians and destroyed the factory on Darvannis? We got it from the first time, Vaylin is looney tunes, no need to remind it to us in every chapter.

I played it on a bounty hunter that I'd made right before I stopped playing, just when Makeb was coming down and the lvl cap was 55. This guy was at 16 iirc so he's the first I took to 70, then did Makeb ,Shadow, etc then did FE and ET.

I didn't really mind the change in format from a 'game' to more of an interactive movie (though more like a TV series than spanned two seasons) as much as I did a) the loss of my favorite companion (Blizz) while leaving the ones I care least about and b) the absolutely absurd grandiosity with which the story concluded.

a) is the reason I will likely not play through it again, at least not with my 2 now lvl-70 gunslingers; I refuse to countenance not having Gus at my side; likewise Doc on my knight.

Grandiosity has always been a problem with the story lines, I feel. In the original campaigns, you're always confronting the greatest fiend, the worst villain, the most ruthless killer, blah blah blah and you single-handedly liberate/conquer this, that or the other planet. Dial it back a bit.

Unfortunately, ET ramps this up to an absurd level as you end up becoming master of the entire universe, whether you want to or not. I kept telling everyone that I did not want to be the new supreme leader but in the end I had no choice, or the only choice I had was to be an evil galactic dictator or a benevolent 'commander'. This also begs the question, where do you go from here, story-wise? Where *can* you go from here?

This brings up another issue I had, the lack of choice and it's concomitant, being forced to do stuff I had no interest in doing, from small stuff, like the walkers, to the really big stuff, like becoming supreme leader.

I kept telling everyone that I did not want to be the new supreme leader but in the end I had no choice, or the only choice I had was to be an evil galactic dictator or a benevolent 'commander'. This also begs the question, where do you go from here, story-wise? Where *can* you go from here?.

Back to the Empire vs Republic conflict maybe? Tell me, is your BH a Mandalorian? If he/she is, wouldn't you like to follow Mandalore instead ?

This brings up another issue I had, the lack of choice and it's concomitant, being forced to do stuff I had no interest in doing, from small stuff, like the walkers, to the really big stuff, like becoming supreme leader.

The walkers . The recruitment mission for so many utterly uninteresting companions from other classes ( as a BH, I really hated being forced to recruit Jorgan & Rusk..) . Becoming the Commander of the Alliance , as you said, what if I don't want to?

If a sizeable portion of the player base want to outright skip the previous two (three?) expansions you've worked on. Something has gone wrong.

LoL, please tell me youve not just worked that out?

1. All the content was solo

2. It was the same for every class (so it’s not really encouraging you to play Alts)

3. There was some end game group content locked behind it

4. It’s boring as hell after you’ve done it a couple of times (once again, tedious to run through Alts)

The expansions are now old and unless you are new to the game, people don’t want to be running Alts through the same old content again.

It’s like watch the same TV reruns over and over. I can wait for a new season and when it comes on, I certainly don’t want to rewatch all the old reruns again before I can watch the new season.

Edited by Totemdancer

LoL, please tell me youve not just worked that out?

1. All the content was solo

2. It was the same for every class (so it’s not really encouraging you to play Alts)

3. There was some end game group content locked behind it

4. It’s boring as hell after you’ve done it a couple of times (once again, tedious to run through Alts)

The expansions are now old and unless you are new to the game, people don’t want to be running Alts through the same old content again.

It’s like watch the same TV reruns over and over. I can wait for a new season and when it comes on, I certainly don’t want to rewatch all the old reruns again before I can watch the new season.

I barely got through that Alliance crap the first time. I don't know how people can get multiple alts through it. I think I'd rather shoot myself in the leg repeatedly than have to do that more than once. All that storyline did was make me mad because I had no choice but to have to endure it :mad:

I will say this though, even though I didn't like the subject matter, I thought BW did an excellent job with it. I really liked the concept of monthly chapters and I would love it if they did that now that we are going back to real Star Wars again. Even a half hour or so a month makes you feel like you are getting new content pretty fast. I really like that dynamic personally.

Say what you will about BW, they make some awesome content design for story and I think they did a great job in telling that storyline. It just wasn't something I could get into playing Star Wars.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I barely got through that Alliance crap the first time. I don't know how people can get multiple alts through it. I think I'd rather shoot myself in the leg repeatedly than have to do that more than once. All that storyline did was make me mad because I had no choice but to have to endure it :mad:

I will say this though, even though I didn't like the subject matter, I thought BW did an excellent job with it. I really liked the concept of monthly chapters and I would love it if they did that now that we are going back to real Star Wars again. Even a half hour or so a month makes you feel like you are getting new content pretty fast. I really like that dynamic personally.

I'd rather replay KOTFEET over and over again than Makeb.

And let's not talk about Oricon and the Dread Masters, never did the whole thing considering more than half of it is locked behind group content, while the story begins in solo story and the middle of it too, which is stupid. Either make it completely group content with no direct tie to the main story or if it begins solo, everything should be soloable, even if there is the option to play everything in a group.

I'd rather replay KOTFEET over and over again than Makeb.

And let's not talk about Oricon and the Dread Masters, never did the whole thing considering more than half of it is locked behind group content, while the story begins in solo story and the middle of it too, which is stupid. Either make it completely group content with no direct tie to the main story or if it begins solo, everything should be soloable, even if there is the option to play everything in a group.

I do agree, if it's part of the story line that people have been playing, they shouldn't have that lead to an Operation as to continue or end that story line. No everyone is raiders, not everyone likes group content.

If it starts off just part of story line than it should stay just in story line. I'm not a supporter of the solo 'operations' idea, but I definitely do feel people shouldn't be forced into a different mode of play just to facilitate the ongoing solo story line.

I'm not sure if we can ever truly skip it either, the changes to companions will always be there. I can't just say, ehh I don't want to get frozen in carbonite and lose all my original comps and dawdle around a swamp for the next 3 years of my character's life. It will occur whether we play it or not.

If a sizeable portion of the player base want to outright skip the previous two (three?) expansions you've worked on. Something has gone wrong.
You're forgetting about the pragmatic side - time investement. It takes dozens of hours (even if you spacebar and speed-through) to complete just the main 4 expansions, let alone the associated content (Forged Alliances, Ziost, Fractured Alliances). Not to even mention non-autocompleted content like Ilum, Oricon, Makeb, flashpoint arcs, etc.

How's that? We can skip Makeb. We can skip SoR. This is no different. it's normal when MMOs age.

Wait for 5.10 and you can just auto complete it.
No. As someone who plays Light side on Imp faction it is not a variable option - auto complete will choose pretty much ONLY dark side choices and will kill off companions you might have romances/levelled to 50. It is horrible horrible implementation of not letting players choose their own canon. Why isn't there a simple toggle "complete as light side", "complete as dark side".

But as it stands I dread to use that option. So yeah ... chances are I will only ever do new story on my main character and leave others behind. I don't want to taint any of mine with dark side choices.

I never liked the expansions, minus a couple of chapters: 2 of KOTET, and whichever chapter with the Mandolorians in KOTFE. Aside from those, I was very bored and felt more like I was watching a movie that I didn't want to see, than playing a expansion that felt enjoyable.