Ossus concept art

Davag

So sorry if this has already been posted but i couldn't find anything.

After the cantina live stream and seeing the first screenshots/concept art of Ossus, screenshots here https://vulkk.com/2018/10/12/swtor-5-10-jedi-under-siege-everything-you-need-to-know/

I was able to turn up a few more images here https://inkyunglee.com/projects/x8DqO which are clearly also Ossus by the artist who has done a lot of other art for the game, the similar style and environment, and the file name.

looks like a force using place, no place for my bountyhunter. nice concepts tho.

love the krex species.

Yeah.. based on the starter planet for bountyhunters, they prefer some garbage dump of a backwater Hutt moon. :p

Ossus looks like so many other planets in SWTOR ---> a wrecked, inhospitable, and largely deserted planet. I really don't know why the studio sticks to this "wrecked" them for so many of their planets. Yeah.. I get the backstory is all about Jedi/Sith leaving a trail of planetary destruction as they try to destroy each other over the centuries... but that does not mean every planet has to be a wreck or a dump. :)

So sorry if this has already been posted but i couldn't find anything.

After the cantina live stream and seeing the first screenshots/concept art of Ossus, screenshots here https://vulkk.com/2018/10/12/swtor-5-10-jedi-under-siege-everything-you-need-to-know/

I was able to turn up a few more images here https://inkyunglee.com/projects/x8DqO which are clearly also Ossus by the artist who has done a lot of other art for the game, the similar style and environment, and the file name.

That's cool! Thanks for sharing. It's interesting how the cylindrical buildings remind me of Hutt buildings. I wonder if they had architects who influenced construction and design across the galaxy. The images are beautiful and one of the things I'm looking forward to most in the new update. :)

High Res

There is Aloysius Kallig in the picture on the lower right behind the other sith silhouettes!? :jawa_eek:

It certainly looks like someone with Kallig's armor/helmet. I think it might be someone else, if I recall I've seen other NPCs wearing his armor and I'm pretty sure there are similar helmets worn by NPCs or players, can't properly recall now. I'm more curious as to who the figure in the middle is.

Edited by FlameYOL

It certainly looks like someone with Kallig's armor/helmet. I think it might be someone else, if I recall I've seen other NPCs wearing his armor and I'm pretty sure there are similar helmets worn by NPCs or players, can't properly recall now. I'm more curious as to who the figure in the middle is.

Who else wears his mask apart from Kallig, our Sith Inquisitor and Lord Khreusis from who we take it from?

Even the dudes armor looks like Kallig's in the art. I swear I'm gonna necro this if it's him at 6.0 and yell "called it" :D

Edited by Kiesu

Who else wears his mask apart from Kallig, our Sith Inquisitor and Lord Khreusis from who we take it from?

Even the dudes armor looks like Kallig's in the art. I swear I'm gonna necro this if it's him at 6.0 and yell "called it" :D

I swear I saw either a NPC or a Player, one of SW's advanced class, wearing a similar mask. Although it wasn't just the basic mask, it had some kind of flares in the eye. So I think it might be someone wearing a similar mask, or a complete clone. And feel free to, I'm not complaining about the possibility of Lord Kallig returning:rak_03:.

When they said Ossus was coming (or, rather all-but-said-it) in the Roadmap, my first reaction was "Yay! Locations from the old Dark Horse comics / Legends lore!" But then when I thought about it, I started to get less enthusiastic, since we've had a good number of dead, Force-centric worlds lately with Ziost and Nathema.

These pictures have my interest piqued again, though, the golden-sands look with the strong contrast in the architecture seems to make it visually distinct enough from the other graveyard-worlds.

It almost has a Jedha vibe in some of the art, too. While I'd still like to see SWTOR introduce the "Legends" versions of some Canon locations, just like Canon has done its own interpretations of some planets first introduced in Legends, this is a nice approach to incorporating some of the more recent Star Wars influences as well.

Should be interesting to meet her again, after I snitched on her to her master and made her suffer. :cool:

Ok..... it's been years since I've done most of the planetary missions. Who is she, and what mission is she from?

*edit...never mind.... I remember her now. I guess I gotta go back and do that quest on some characters lol

Edited by ImmortalLowlife