Why is there no kill option for Lana?

Avashnea

Corso, are you kidding? Bringing him out for every flirt option you take is the best part of his romance! :D

That's what I did originally but 1: it began to bother me and made me wanna yell "Dude, I'm not YOURS. I'll flirt with whoever the hell I want", 2: I felt kinda bad about it even if he aggravated me. I just bring Bowdaar with me nowadays although I will admit, my 2nd time rolling a Smuggler when I knew the Skavak FTB was coming up... I purposely brought Corso just to be a *****. :o

Corso and Risha are both hilariously jealous if you're the opposite sex and flirt in front of them regardless of whether you're in a romance with or have flirted with them. I thought it was so funny that I brought Corso along every time I was going to have a flirt/fling on my female smuggler and Risha every time on my male smuggler lol. Risha even said she tried to have my male smuggler fixed but no vet would do the job :p

As to the subject of different romances being creepy because the PC is being the creeper, did you know a lot of those romances if you don't take any flirts with them but are nice to them they'll try to initiate a romance with you instead of the other way around? Even Vette :o Same thing with the romance animations, there are 3 types: aggressive male (man pulls in woman by the waist) aggressive female (woman pulls in man by the collar) and a gentle one where they both step to each other and kiss. Depending on what you choose, your animation is different. You can even have Quinn use the dominant male animations.

Doc is an all around sleazeball to me, he's the reason I never played a female jedi knight despite finishing every other class/gender combo years ago. I hate that he sexually harasses you throughout Balmorra and brushes off your objections and keeps doing it and then when you get him as a companion and can finally tell him to "turn his attention elsewhere" he has the gall to get mad at YOU like your typical fake nice guy. I haven't played that female knight since then so I don't know if it gets worse or better but either way I can't wait to get rid of him and that's one alliance alert I wont be taking.

Nadia's romance is weird because it's creepy from both sides. On one hand, if you pursue her then it's the creepy teacher taking advantage of his student who just lost her father and has daddy issues. However if you don't pursue her, she comes on really strong to you and your character is also young despite becoming a jedi master and is probably a virgin. So she's basically horning in on a young virgin monk who's only trying to help her. I dunno who thought any of that was a good idea.

Nadia's romance is weird because it's creepy from both sides. On one hand, if you pursue her then it's the creepy teacher taking advantage of his student who just lost her father and has daddy issues. However if you don't pursue her, she comes on really strong to you and your character is also young despite becoming a jedi master and is probably a virgin. So she's basically horning in on a young virgin monk who's only trying to help her. I dunno who thought any of that was a good idea.

I only think Nadia's romance is inappropriate in the respect of the teacher/student dynamic...in the same way I feel that it's creepy for any of the force users to romance their apprentices (odd that it's only the male pc romances that do this). Nadia getting a puppy love crush on her teacher I think is normal (been there, done that...who hasn't)...but what I don't like is that you have to actually be rude and mean to her to get her to back off. If you don't, you can end up backed into a corner and forced into the romance.

That being said, I don't feel that her advances are creepy towards the male pc. I mean, you're free to play your Consular any way you wish, but nowhere is it stated that the Jedi are celibate. Even Lucas has said that much. Only attachment is the issue. I envision my Consular as the hippy-trippy cool-guy teacher who "loves" everybody (except his students). He's never lonely. ;P

(P.S. I also envision the Jedi academy as being like the year-round summer camp of bed hopping and experimentation...so there ya go, lol. They have to work their frustrations out somewhere.)

Edited by Dracofish

That being said, I don't feel that her advances are creepy towards the male pc. I mean, you're free to play your Consular any way you wish, but nowhere is it stated that the Jedi are celibate. Even Lucas has said that much. Only attachment is the issue. I envision my Consular as the hippy-trippy cool-guy teacher who "loves" everybody (except his students). He's never lonely. ;P

I played mine as the super nice guy who is always kind to everyone (he's pretty much as LS as you can get), and is not interested in any kind of romantic or sexual relationship (i actually don't even know if he'd more interested in men or women at this point), yet while only trying to stay that hyper nice guy, i ended up at some point with only 3 [flirt] options and no way out of this, while being all "wait, what ? But no i don't want to romance you Nadia" :eek:

Replaying him now as i don't want that romance, i'll just be rude, which is sad :(

Edited by Goreshaga

I only think Nadia's romance is inappropriate in the respect of the teacher/student dynamic...in the same way I feel that it's creepy for any of the force users to romance their apprentices (odd that it's only the male pc romances that do this). Nadia getting a puppy love crush on her teacher I think is normal (been there, done that...who hasn't)...but what I don't like is that you have to actually be rude and mean to her to get her to back off. If you don't, you can end up backed into a corner and forced into the romance.

Eh, I don't see it as some child-like innocent crush. She definitely wants the D :p

As a side note, CAN the consular have any flings(I guess the female consular can sleep with Theran Cedrax aka Doc Jr but what about the male?) I don't even remember any flirts with non-companions. I mean, you can headcanon that your consular gets around like the smuggler or agent but in-game they're the "loneliest" class. If the Jedi aren't celibate, why did Satele have to hide her pregnancy? If only attachment is the issue and she broke things off with Jace and gave Theron up for adoption then there should be no issue right? You also have things like a female student telling you "if we weren't jedi, I would say you're as cute as described but we are jedi so I will say no such thing" or hooking up with Kira being a DS choice and again you have to hide it but being committed to her stops it from giving DS points. When speaking about Nariel Pridence the jedi on Tatooine, her sith rival implies that jedi are celibate, there are many other instances pointing to this as well.

Edited by Nefla

Eh, I don't see it as some child-like innocent crush. She definitely wants the D :p

As a side note, CAN the consular have any flings(I guess the female consular can sleep with Theran Cedrax aka Doc Jr but what about the male?) I don't even remember any flirts with non-companions. I mean, you can headcanon that your consular gets around like the smuggler or agent but in-game they're the "loneliest" class.

Nadia comes off as very young and childlike to me...but that's just me. (Which makes that romance even skeevier to me.) I do like her character, however, and after I was able to get past the awkward romance speed bump, she and Teth have a wonderful rapport.

And in regards to flirts, I think that's just imbalanced writing. Females get proportionately less flirts and flings than males...and I don't think that means (at least I hope it doesn't mean) that female characters are somehow expected to be less "randy". If I remember correctly, I don't think the female SW got any outside flirts (talking random encounters, not Pierce...who should have been a full romance...but don't get me started on that...I will die in that ship, lol.)

But I've never envisioned my Jedi characters are virginal. They all fooled around during their academy days...that's how they experimented and learned...just like many teens do (at least, that's what I remember when I was a teen growing up in the 90's, lol). It was especially frustrating with my Knight because she was all GIGGITY over Scourge...but wanted nothing to do with Doc...so her using the wooden "we can't have sex because of attachments" dialogue made no sense for her. She was all about the big red Sith in the other room. The only option for her was to be mean to him. And being mean to him only made him WORSE. It was awful. Like, watch your drinks, Raz...awful.

Edited by Dracofish

Nadia comes off as very young and childlike to me...but that's just me. (Which makes that romance even skeevier to me.) I do like her character, however, and after I was able to get past the awkward romance speed bump, she and Teth have a wonderful rapport.

And in regards to flirts, I think that's just imbalanced writing. Females get proportionately less flirts and flings than males...and I don't think that means (at least I hope it doesn't mean) that female characters are somehow expected to be less "randy". If I remember correctly, I don't think the female SW got any outside flirts (talking random encounters, not Pierce...who should have been a full romance...but don't get me started on that...I will die in that ship, lol.)

But I've never envisioned my Jedi characters are virginal. They all fooled around during their academy days...that's how they experimented and learned...just like many teens do (at least, that's what I remember when I was a teen growing up in the 90's, lol). It was especially frustrating with my Knight because she was all GIGGITY over Scourge...but wanted nothing to do with Doc...so her using the wooden "we can't have sex because of attachments" dialogue made no sense for her. She was all about the big red Sith in the other room. The only option for her was to be mean to him. And being mean to him only made him WORSE. It was awful. Like, watch your drinks, Raz...awful.

:eek::eek::eek:

I played mine as the super nice guy who is always kind to everyone (he's pretty much as LS as you can get), and is not interested in any kind of romantic or sexual relationship (i actually don't even know if he'd more interested in men or women at this point), yet while only trying to stay that hyper nice guy, i ended up at some point with only 3 [flirt] options and no way out of this, while being all "wait, what ? But no i don't want to romance you Nadia" :eek:

Replaying him now as i don't want that romance, i'll just be rude, which is sad :(

Teth loves everybody...he doesn't discriminate, lol. Share the love all around. In KOTET, he will be romancing Koth, and I think with my writing, he might be poly material for Koth and Lana, though he won't get tied down.

The only way to get around not romancing Nadia was to be mean to her. It was completely out of character for Teth, but he did it, because there was no way he was going there. He loves her, but not like that.

Edited by Dracofish

I don't remember getting many flirts besides Quinn and a bit with Pierce too with my SW. And while Pierce is not really to my taste, i agree he should've been a full romance, after all male SW can get both Vette and Jaesa, why should the female equivalent not be allowed to go for the 2 guys.

Female JC have it badly too, they have 3 men on their ship, and are only allowed to go for one of them.

My JK always picked the meanest answers to Doc, which somehow encouraged him to pursue her even more (she's clearly not running after men at this point, but the "i can't because i'm a Jedi" didn't feel right for her personnality either, especially with someone like Doc who she outright despised). Might be akward when they will reunite and he'll find out that she's engaged to Theron.

Teth loves everybody...he doesn't discriminate, lol. Share the love all around. In KOTET, he will be romancing Koth, and I think with my writing, he might be poly material for Koth and Lana, though he won't get tied down.

The only way to get around not romancing Nadia was to be mean to her. It was completely out of character for Teth, but he did it, because there was no way he was going there. He loves her, but not like that.

Lol

Koth did not strike me as being particularly ok with sharing, i was flirting with him and Lana at the same time in one of my playtrhough and he did not seem particularly happy with me.

Well, that's sad, Qeto (my JC) really likes Nadia too, but not like that either, and would never move on her.

Edited by Goreshaga

I don't remember getting many flirts besides Quinn and a bit with Pierce too with my SW. And while Pierce is not really to my taste, i agree he should've been a full romance, after all male SW can get both Vette and Jaesa, why should the female equivalent not be allowed to go for the 2 guys.

Female JC have it badly too, they have 3 men on their ship, and are only allowed to go for one of them.

My JK always picked the meanest answers to Doc, which somehow encouraged him to pursue her even more (she's clearly not running after men at this point, but the "i can't because i'm a Jedi" didn't feel right for her personnality either, especially with someone like Doc who she outright despised). Might be akward when they will reunite and he'll find out that she's engaged to Theron.

I wuvs me some Pierce, lol.

And yes, Doc can throw off quite the creeper vibe if you're mean to him. His advances get even more aggressive. In-game, Raz romanced Theron, but in my writing, they're best friends (with past benefits). She's with Scourge all the way, lol. Doc never got the time of day.

I should say that I don't absolutely hate Doc. He's a victim of bad writing. So while I hate how he's written, I get what their intent was...no matter how inappropriate he can be.

Edited by Dracofish

I wuvs me some Pierce, lol.

And yes, Doc can throw off quite the creeper vibe if you're mean to him. His advances get even more aggressive. In-game, Raz romanced Theron, but in my writing, they're best friends (with past benefits). She's with Scourge all the way, lol. Doc never got the time of day.

I should say that I don't absolutely hate Doc. He's a victim of bad writing. So while I hate how he's written, I get what their intent was...no matter how inappropriate he can be.

Lol, i can give you mine if you want ;)

Yep, seems like the meaner you are to him the more he feels like runing after you. He never got anything from my JK either exept sassy lines.

I never got that vibe between Scourge and my curent main JK, but on my first one i was really disappointed that Doc was the only option and that Scourge was not.

My curent JK really has more of of teacher-student kind of relationship that goes both ways, she learns from him, but he also said at some point that he learned a lot about the Force with Jedi, like Revan and my JK.

I would so love some snarky comment from Scourge about my JK being with Theron when they reunite, he told her she'd not be a Jedi forever and that she'd fall in love at some point, and well he was totaly right on this one.

And well this JK is Theron's and Theron's only, she's never been with anyone else actually.

Yeah i get the intent too, but it's quite inappropriate at times, especially when the mean answers motivate him even more.

I was actually quite disappointed with the options for the female JC as well, i'm not a big fan of Iresso, and the little fling with Tharan was pretty nice, i'd have kept that one over Iresso if i could have. I also have a female Twi'lek that would look pretty good with Zenith.

Edited by Goreshaga

I never felt harassed by Doc, to be honest. Some women like flirty men. Doc is alright, not a favourite but I don't mind him. James Vega is really flirty too, a million times hotter (imo) And I'm loving all the "Lola"

Well if threatening to feed him to Collicoids and have him drink his food is not enough for him to understand that my JK is not interested, i don't know what will. Cutting off his manly parts with her lightsaber maybe ?

I never felt harassed by Doc, to be honest. Some women like flirty men. Doc is alright, not a favourite but I don't mind him. James Vega is really flirty too, a million times hotter (imo) And I'm loving all the "Lola"

This. I never felt Doc was a sexual predator. He just a big flirt. I told my boyfriend he kind of reminds me of him so maybe that is why Doc doesn't bother me.

It's not the fact that he tries to flirt, it's the fact that he keeps doing it even if you tell him to stop and doesn't give a crap if it makes you uncomfortable or if his attentions are unwanted.

Edited by Nefla

Well if threatening to feed him to Collicoids and have him drink his food is not enough for him to understand that my JK is not interested, i don't know what will. Cutting off his manly parts with her lightsaber maybe ?

Does he actually continue after you tell him no? I always romance all the toons!

Does he actually continue after you tell him no? I always romance all the toons!

Yes, that is my issue with it too. You can be exceptionally nasty to Doc and make it clear you have no interest whatsoever, and he keeps going and going with flirts and suggestive comments.It's all through Balmorra and then through many of the companion conversations.

There's even a line where he says something like "you can say no and I'm just going to keep it up." It gets gross because he keeps pushing it. Even at the very end of the class story he's trying to get you to ditch your crew and go away with him even after you've told him NO many times.

I think it's fine for a character to express interest but it's the way he keeps it up and doesn't respect the 'no' the first, second or third times that gets distressing.

In the bit where you have to keep Kaliyo company there's no way for you to tell her you don't like Doc, either. I really wanted a way to say, "look, I actually don't care if Nemro keeps him hostage. I'll pay you not to bring him back."

It's not the fact that he tries to flirt, it's the fact that he keeps doing it even if you tell him to stop and doesn't give a crap if it makes you uncomfortable or if his attentions are unwanted.

I don't actually recall a JK option of telling him...

"This makes me uncomfortable." or even a flat out "Your attentions are unwanted."

Is this just a player thing, or has it just been so long since I completed JK and these were in fact chat options?

(P.S. I also envision the Jedi academy as being like the year-round summer camp of bed hopping and experimentation...so there ya go, lol. They have to work their frustrations out somewhere.)

I don't know how the male JK with Kira is, but from the female JK perspective, I never really felt the JK was all that much of a teacher. Both roughly the same age. It seemed they were in the Master and Padawan position, purely because one was a Knight before the other and they decided to have them work together.

At least with Nadia it feels like actual teaching is going on.

Koth did not strike me as being particularly ok with sharing, i was flirting with him and Lana at the same time in one of my playtrhough and he did not seem particularly happy with me.

I think it all boils down to how you roleplay it in your head. I have plans to write my own version of what happened in the five years the Outlander was in carbonite (since BioWare gave us like nothing to go on there), and the poly ship will develop there. Koth will actually be the fulcrum...that or it will be a full triad...I'm not sure yet. It all depends on how it develops as I write.

Poly ships are not for everyone, I get that. I've had folks outright tell me that there's no way in h-e-double-hockey-sticks Theron would "share", and then go on to intimate that I'm an evil person for even thinking it, but it seems to work pretty well for him with my Sith Inquisitor Outlander (and Andronikos). The guys are best friends, and they actually appreciate that there's more than one person looking out for her when shiz goes sideways. (If one isn't with her, chances are the other is.) In that case, Theron entered into an already-established relationship, eyes wide open. It took them a long time to get there, and her being captured by Arcann was probably a good thing for them in the long run, because it forced them to work through a lot of their differences and actually work together...but yeah. It works for them.

I never got that vibe between Scourge and my curent main JK, but on my first one i was really disappointed that Doc was the only option and that Scourge was not.

My curent JK really has more of of teacher-student kind of relationship that goes both ways, she learns from him, but he also said at some point that he learned a lot about the Force with Jedi, like Revan and my JK.

I would so love some snarky comment from Scourge about my JK being with Theron when they reunite, he told her she'd not be a Jedi forever and that she'd fall in love at some point, and well he was totaly right on this one.

And well this JK is Theron's and Theron's only, she's never been with anyone else actually.

Haha, my Raz is not your average Jedi. She gets along with Satele about as well as Theron...if not worse. She has a massive chip on her shoulder when it comes to The Order.

I was actually quite disappointed with the options for the female JC as well, i'm not a big fan of Iresso, and the little fling with Tharan was pretty nice, i'd have kept that one over Iresso if i could have. I also have a female Twi'lek that would look pretty good with Zenith.

I never played a female Consular, and I don't think I ever will. It's one of my least favorite stories...just in front of Imperial Agent. That being said, I don't think Iresso would ever tickle my inner pickle...he's just...too nice. It's all very yawn-inducing for me when it comes to fantasy romances. Bad boys, bad boys...whatch gonna do.... :p

I think the issue with Doc is that he doesn't take no for an answer. I like flirty guys too, but no means no. I loved Vega, and would have loved for there to have been an actual romance there...but if I remember correctly, Shep is the one that gets a little iffy on that end, especially at the party. I also think I might remember them talking about the flirting, and him getting the okay in the beginning that the flirting was a go. But with Doc...he just will not take no for an answer...to the point where I would ask my JK to watch her drinks around him...flat-out.

Again, I get that that wasn't their intent. They just really sucked at writing him.

Edited by Dracofish

"This makes me uncomfortable." or even a flat out "Your attentions are unwanted."

Is this just a player thing, or has it just been so long since I completed JK and these were in fact chat options?

I think you might need to replay the JK story through then, lol...there are quite a few places where the Knight can tell him to stuff it and he only gets more aggressive with his come-ons. The only way to get him to stop is to play the bleating paragon of innocence...and as myself and others have said, that just doesn't work for every Knight out there.

You can make it crystal-clear that you want him to stop and are not interested. Repeatedly. You can tell him you will feed him to the Collicoids if he doesn't stop. T7-O1 and Kira also both comment on his inappropriate behavior when he won't stop.

The JK is not given the agency to give him an ultimatum like "this is disgusting. Stop or you're leaving my crew," but the rejections are NOT ambiguous.