Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why is there no kill option for Lana?

Avashnea

I think he was referring to base game and the romanceable companions. There's no way to flirt with a romanceable companion without them getting the wrong idea in the class stories. There are a few characters of mine who literally took one or two flirts when they had no other choice, and they fell into the love track.

Whereas in SoR and KOTFE, you can flirt with several companions if you want, and you still aren't locked into a romance without actively confirming it with the companion of your choice.

I think he was referring to base game and the romanceable companions. There's no way to flirt with a romanceable companion without them getting the wrong idea in the class stories. There are a few characters of mine who literally took one or two flirts when they had no other choice, and they fell into the love track.

Whereas in SoR and KOTFE, you can flirt with several companions if you want, and you still aren't locked into a romance without actively confirming it with the companion of your choice.

Yeah, like with Doc. You literally cannot get out of romancing him unless you play the Jedi Virginity card. That's a hard one, because my Knight is totes into Scourge and wants nothing to do with Doc so she would never say any of that...so it's either go OOC or be shoe-horned into it.

And I know with my male Consular, he had to be downright mean to Nadia to get her to back off.

While I'm sure you are right about the writer's intentions about Cytherat, that wasn't really the point. Cytherat was merely an example of how most romances don't preclude future playersexuality or bisexuality because there is nothing in game to contradict it. To quote Carl Sagan "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."

I'm not sure what you mean about the vanilla game having no flirts that didn't go somewhere. There were flirts that went nowhere in vanilla. Talos and Scorpio for example. RotHC had some too, like Acina.

There is plenty in game to hint they're all strait or gay or bi. Otherwise, everyone in the universe could be anything at any time, since nothing is set in stone. Again, head-canon anything you want, the sexuality changes were *changes*, they literally said this in the livestream. Their decision to change how the character was supposed to be was for fanservice, clearly not the original intention, by their own words.

If I remember correctly, there was a senator lackey guy on Coruscant you could flirt with as well that went nowhere.

And only one gender gets that flirt too, hint hint

Edited by Kiesu

It depends on the flirt. I've done a few (very few) flirts and not become stuck in a romance with a vanilla companion.

It depends on the flirt. I've done a few (very few) flirts and not become stuck in a romance with a vanilla companion.

On a few of them you're safe, but others are a minefield. :( I think part of the problem was that some of them were not very obvious where the lock-in and lock-outs are.

And there are others where flirting is the only nice choice or the only way to get approval from the companion. With the fling with Pierce for instance, the other choices aren't very nice to him, so your choices end up being sleeping with him or being a jerk. :(

On a few of them you're safe, but others are a minefield. :( I think part of the problem was that some of them were not very obvious where the lock-in and lock-outs are.

And there are others where flirting is the only nice choice or the only way to get approval from the companion. With the fling with Pierce for instance, the other choices aren't very nice to him, so your choices end up being sleeping with him or being a jerk. :(

I've played a few female SW. My characters have never slept with Pierce and I don't recall being a jerk to him either.

I've played a few female SW. My characters have never slept with Pierce and I don't recall being a jerk to him either.

I recall the other choices being something like "Whatever, get back to work" and "you've taken enough time off" if you don't want to sleep with him - and the only one that gets a "Pierce approves" is the proposition. :(

I recall the other choices being something like "Whatever, get back to work" and "you've taken enough time off" if you don't want to sleep with him - and the only one that gets a "Pierce approves" is the proposition. :(

I've played the warrior story through about 20 times, I don't get the sense I'm being mean to him when I decline to flirt. I do sometimes get the sense though he's only going along with it because it's helpful to his career.. sometimes I get a whiff of that from Quinn too but it could be my imagination.

I mean, one of Pierce's conversations is about essentially the same thing - one of his comrades sleeping with a moff for advancement. Plus, the (female) warrior at least, not sure about male, is described in two separate occasions as being physically unattractive, sort of. I make my warriors look pretty, imo, but I think canonically speaking, she may not be.

I've played the warrior story through about 20 times, I don't get the sense I'm being mean to him when I decline to flirt. I do sometimes get the sense though he's only going along with it because it's helpful to his career.. sometimes I get a whiff of that from Quinn too but it could be my imagination.

I mean, one of Pierce's conversations is about essentially the same thing - one of his comrades sleeping with a moff for advancement. Plus, the (female) warrior at least, not sure about male, is described in two separate occasions as being physically unattractive, sort of. I make my warriors look pretty, imo, but I think canonically speaking, she may not be.

Eh? When does it say the warrior is unattractive? Is that a species based comment? (like pureblood only) or for everyone?

Am I the only one who felt like Pierce actually didn't enjoy the fling at all? He doesn't seem enthusiastic at all compared to this excitement about all his job stuffs he gets to do, and he is pretty silent and blunt right after the bonking. I don't know, I always felt he really wasn't into us at all.

Io is right though the other answers are not friendly. Maybe not really rude either, more like authoritarian, but if you were looking to be friendly with him none of the options really fit.

Eh? When does it say the warrior is unattractive? Is that a species based comment? (like pureblood only) or for everyone?

I only play human and cyborg warriors. One time is with Cada Bliss. I think his henchman calls us an "ugly sith woman". The other time happens when you're speaking to the neimoidian scientist guy on Nar Shaddaa where she says something like "I prefer to be terrible" instead of beautiful.

So, you can interpret these lines however you'd like, Cada Bliss may just be smack talking and the warrior describes her own indifference towards physical beauty so it could mean anything. I personally feel like she might be plain, especially in context of someone like the agent who seduces men all the time. It's easier to believe the agent is physically attractive.

Edited by grania

Am I the only one who felt like Pierce actually didn't enjoy the fling at all? He doesn't seem enthusiastic at all compared to this excitement about all his job stuffs he gets to do, and he is pretty silent and blunt right after the bonking. I don't know, I always felt he really wasn't into us at all.

Io is right though the other answers are not friendly. Maybe not really rude either, more like authoritarian, but if you were looking to be friendly with him none of the options really fit.

I just finished a scene where I flirted with Pierce and he looks off into the distance when he replies, like he's trying to hide his true reaction to it :o

I did the Pierce fling once and the comment made after, when the warrior can say 'that will be part of your duties from now on' kind of squicked me. It did make me feel like he was just going along. On the other hand i think Pierce could have made a really interesting full LI if they had chosen that route.

I remember the comment from the guy in Vette's side story who calls the female warrior ugly, but he also calls Vette a rat IIRC. And physical attractiveness is very subjective so I don't think any canon is established there. Some people probably do find the PC attractive and others don't.

I've also played the warrior far too many times but since I'm very Quinn-centric & always do the Quinn-flirts on all my warriors what have I missed here? Which npc implies the fem-warrior is unattractive?

Back the Lana situation - I don't think there should be an outright kill option anymore however, I do think we should have a scenario in which we can get rid of her or have her leave like we had for Koth and Theron (even if you left him for dead you know he lives - his Mum probably got some sense of his suffering through force and gets to him by magic space broom. Or something). Even if Koth took exile, there is the possibility that he might return in the future. My Sith main was willing to forgive Koth but he took the exile option - I never liked that.

Yeah he calls Vette a rat tail thief or some such. I only have two male warriors but it was during one of those playthroughs that it dawned on me, truly, that Vette is not supposed to be beautiful, it's part of her whole identity. That was when I stopped putting customizations on her because it was changing something fundamental about her.

Sorry Sarova, I answered above ^ :o

Edited by grania

Pierce also makes mention of "this post getting better all the time" after you say it's part of his regular duties (and he doesn't say it like he's chewing on nails either). A few of his exploration barks are also very suggestive. But, we all see what we see. Personally, I see him as being attracted to the SW for her power and prowess in battle...he's a friend and brother on the battlefield...and then the relationship escalates after the Quinncident (I always wait for the fade-to-black scene to happen afterwards). But that's just me. I will go down with my widdle Pierce Canoe of a ship. :p

About the SW's appearance...I never got that idea. And beauty is very subjective. To a difference species, she could be horrific to look at. And of course, a SW can be many different species. With the racial unlock, I play a Twi'lek.

*edit* On the other hand, I was kinda squicked by the initial flirting with Quinn...but again, we all see what we see.

Edited by Dracofish

Yeah he calls Vette a rat tail thief or some such. I only have two male warriors but it was during one of those playthroughs that it dawned on me, truly, that Vette is not supposed to be beautiful, it's part of her whole identity. That was when I stopped putting customizations on her because it was changing something fundamental about her.

Must learn to scroll before replying! :D Thanks

Pierce also makes mention of "this post getting better all the time" after you say it's part of his regular duties (and he doesn't say it like he's chewing on nails either). A few of his exploration barks are also very suggestive. But, we all see what we see. Personally, I see him as being attracted to the SW for her power and prowess in battle...a friend and brother on the battlefield...and then the relationship escalates after the Quinncident (I always wait for the fade-to-black scene to happen afterwards). But that's just me. I will go down with my widdle Pierce Canoe of a ship. :p

About the SW's appearance...I never got that idea. And beauty is very subjective. To a difference species, she could be horrific to look at. And of course, a SW can be many different species. With the racial unlock, I play a Twi'lek.

Just depends how much weight you give various lines. Like I said, I make my warrior hawt! Man I wish I was as ugly as she is :)

There is also the fact that her sister was taken as a prostitute because she was considered pretty, but Vette was not. But then there is also the guy on Odessen who sends Vette a love poem calling her beautiful. IMHO it is subjective and open to interpretation.

With the Sith Warrior, she also has a line on Tatooine where she can admire her own reflection and say 'I knew I was good looking but this is ridiculous' and her reflection doesn't disagree. :)

Just depends how much weight you give various lines. Like I said, I make my warrior hawt! Man I wish I was as ugly as she is :)

Ha, I could show you a screenshot of what I envision my warrior as...I've been building everybody out in a 3D rendering program (Daz3D)...and that includes three of the NPC's so far (Theron, Andronikos, and Pierce). :p

Edited by Dracofish

About the female SW, i made mine with a BT 3, so she's a tall, muscular dark skinned human who shaves her hair.

I guess she would not be deemed as being particularly attractive, but i wanted her to look somewhat wild and intimidating, and that's exactly what she is (somewhat of a mix between Brienne of Tarth from GoT and Okoye from Black Panther).

I ended up liking the result very much actually, and i like the fact that she's in total contrast with my female JK who is a rather short, fair skinned woman with light blue eyes and long auburn hair.

And, she looks pretty nice with Arcann, though it was pretty funny trying out the Quinn romance with that one, as he was barely taller than her and she was more muscular than him, but Arcann suits her much better :D

There is also the fact that her sister was taken as a prostitute because she was considered pretty, but Vette was not. But then there is also the guy on Odessen who sends Vette a love poem calling her beautiful. IMHO it is subjective and open to interpretation.

With the Sith Warrior, she also has a line on Tatooine where she can admire her own reflection and say 'I knew I was good looking but this is ridiculous' and her reflection doesn't disagree. :)

That's true, I never say that line personally but I know it exists. I tend to play my warriors extremely no-nonsense, champions of the Empire types. But the warrior does have another sort of jokey wiseacre personality that we can choose to employ.

Anyway this wouldn't be the first unpopular interpretation I've had of the female warrior but it works ok for me, I kind of like that my own character has these quirks :) Sorry I went off on a non-Lana rant >.>

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.