'fan-favourite characters'

Paulsutherland

Satele Shan makes the #1 spot for me. I am finishing up Fatal Alliances and she is pretty awesome with her force abilities. She can float through space with a protective bubble almost as great as Super Leia. :):p;)

My 2nd favorite is probably Jonas Balker. I was really disappointed that my trooper and him couldn't hook up yet the male troopers get to with Jaxo. Who wants a stupid girl party with her? My female trooper refused to hang out with her. :D I hope that Jonas comes back with romance opportunities this time!!

I also liked Jace Malcolm. But they probably won't use him since the Iokath options.

Darth Jadus - Loved his voice and he was a good villian-type.

Having the girl party or being able to hook up with Jaxo was only there in an attempt to get the player emotionally invested in Jaxo to add an impact to the later choice. When I was playing the trooper for the first time I thought it was weird and out of place. Then I got to that choice and I realised why - and rolled my eyes.

I'd like to see Jonas back though. Darth Jadus would make an excellent enemy. I wouldn't mind Jakarro and his droid. I don't think I'd be able to put up with Kai Zaikken for more than a few short scenes, however. I mean yeah he was funny in SoR but that was a short scene. Anything longer than that and I'd probably want to shoot him.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope to see Lord Praven return to the narrative for Knights, and join the narrative for everyone else. Of course, he's now a Jedi Knight in his own right, going on 7 years now, and with the focus of 5.10 being the Jedi under siege ... well just imagine the compelling storylines that *could* be told about a full blooded sith who turned to the light, bound by his own personal code of honor, who learned and accepted the Jedi way, and then was forced by circumstance and the provenance of the Force to leverage his unique knowledge of the Empire and the Sith to ward off whatever assault the Imps have launched on this ancient Jedi stronghold. There is rich potential there. Praven's one of the most interesting "throw away" characters in any of the original class stories, right up there with Watcher 2 and Jaxo and Moff Pyron in my opinion.

Sadly, I doubt this will actually happen. I don't know that Praven qualifies as a "fan favorite." He's certainly one of this fan's favorites.

I would hope to see Lord Praven return to the narrative for Knights, and join the narrative for everyone else. Of course, he's now a Jedi Knight in his own right, going on 7 years now, and with the focus of 5.10 being the Jedi under siege ... well just imagine the compelling storylines that *could* be told about a full blooded sith who turned to the light, bound by his own personal code of honor, who learned and accepted the Jedi way, and then was forced by circumstance and the provenance of the Force to leverage his unique knowledge of the Empire and the Sith to ward off whatever assault the Imps have launched on this ancient Jedi stronghold. There is rich potential there. Praven's one of the most interesting "throw away" characters in any of the original class stories, right up there with Watcher 2 and Jaxo and Moff Pyron in my opinion.

Sadly, I doubt this will actually happen. I don't know that Praven qualifies as a "fan favorite." He's certainly one of this fan's favorites.

I'd love to see him and Bengel back.

Replaying Taris on my JK's clone today, Watcher 1 said that he'd like to meet her again, that could be interesting to see what he's done since he joined the Republic too.

Unfortunately, just like Bengel and Praven he can be dead :(

Yep, that was the most maddening part of that story for me, that blasted girly slumber party while male trooper gets to slink around with Jaxo. Man that ticked me off. Why didn't we get the chance to slink around with Balkar? Grrr.

Remember the game was created in the days before the devs realised a significant part of the swtor demographic was made up of people who would like that. That's my very diplomatic way of saying "give us women our hot-male-npc mini romances" :D

Unfortunately Nathema killed off a lot of the "fan favorites" I would have liked to see come back, like Watcher Two, Darth Mortis and Master Sumalee. Watcher Two in particular.

I actually can't think of anyone I'd care to see again who is alive for everyone and thus a feasible possibility. :( Maybe Moff Pyron, but unless you play the Inquisitor story he's not really known. Or Shae Vizla, since they haven't killed her off.

As to who WILL come back?

Darth Jadus is totally unaccounted for and alive in everyone's stories, so he's a viable candidate - but he's so cartoonishly, mustache-twirling evil with seemingly zero depth that IMHO I would prefer if he didn't come back.

The Shroud is mentioned as still being alive/active as of Iokath, so I suppose that is a possibility too.

IIRC it's never resolved what happens to Darth Zhorrid. I can't remember if she's killable in the agent story. But she would be the Sith in charge of the Intelligence sphere and she doesn't seem to be around by the time Lana takes over Sith Intelligence, so it's probably safe to presume she's either dead or out of the picture.

There's also the thing that was floated but said to be fictional - that Darth Malgus was put in carbonite by the Eternal Empire and really isn't dead. Possibility? It would bring him back for everyone.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

IIRC it's never resolved what happens to Darth Zhorrid. I can't remember if she's killable in the agent story. But she would be the Sith in charge of the Intelligence sphere and she doesn't seem to be around by the time Lana takes over Sith Intelligence, so it's probably safe to presume she's either dead or out of the picture.

There's also the thing that was floated but said to be fictional - that Darth Malgus was put in carbonite by the Eternal Empire and really isn't dead. Possibility? It would bring him back for everyone.

Darth Zhorrid has a kill option too.

Didn't they cut that? He now dies on that space station?

Darth Zhorrid has a kill option too.

Didn't they cut that? He now dies on that space station?

Ah, Zhorrid's out then. My agent truly pitied her and just how messed up her father had made her, so maybe I didn't get the dialogue for that.

IIRC with Malgus, yeah, he's supposed to definitively die on the space station, and it would be illogical for the Eternal Empire to slip into that station and grab him with the station on self-destruct and the Imperial and Republic fleets outside. But I do remember hearing there was even animation/illustration of him in carbonite somewhere.

Praven is one of this fan's favorites too, I love the whole scenario of a non-evil pure blooded sith lord and that you can get him to defect to the jedi.

Ah, Zhorrid's out then. My agent truly pitied her and just how messed up her father had made her, so maybe I didn't get the dialogue for that.

IIRC with Malgus, yeah, he's supposed to definitively die on the space station, and it would be illogical for the Eternal Empire to slip into that station and grab him with the station on self-destruct and the Imperial and Republic fleets outside. But I do remember hearing there was even animation/illustration of him in carbonite somewhere.

There was a trailer that was never released officially that showed Malgus in carbonite.

Also, whilst I would like Praven to return (I liked him) I doubt he will as he has a kill option.

What about General Hesker? I don't think he can die and he's seen by any Imperial class who does Corellia or Ilum. Same with Cole Canterus on the Republic side.

There was a trailer that was never released officially that showed Malgus in carbonite.

Also, whilst I would like Praven to return (I liked him) I doubt he will as he has a kill option.

What about General Hesker? I don't think he can die and he's seen by any Imperial class who does Corellia or Ilum. Same with Cole Canterus on the Republic side.

Ah, I knew there was something - thank you. So it was a trailer that never saw the light of day...wonder why they decided to axe that storyline.

HESKER! Itotally forgot about him, but I really liked him in the Corellia and Ilum storylines, and thought it was a shame he didn't show up again. I'd love to see him back, and you're right, he's not killable!

I really didn't like General Hesker - for an Imperial he was just too whiny. Cole Cantarus was much better - it would be nice to see him in the game again. I'm still hopeful of seeing Watcher X again but I'm sure he also had a kill option :(

Although he wasn't explicitly killed, I had sort of assumed Hesker met an unfortunate end of some kind at some point in the last several years. He may be a high ranking General in the Empire, but he's also in the Imperial Guard. My impression was that Imperial Guard all sided with Vitiate during the Yavin conflict.

He does seem like the type of character who might appear in the upcoming storyline, though. So perhaps he found a way to survive.

@Sarova (should have quoted your post but didn't for some reason)

Watcher X? Yes, he did.

I didn't see Hesker as whiny. He didn't whine when I decided to not kill the selonians, for instance. Maybe I was just nicer to him. :p

Edited by Elessara

Although he wasn't explicitly killed, I had sort of assumed Hesker met an unfortunate end of some kind at some point in the last several years. He may be a high ranking General in the Empire, but he's also in the Imperial Guard. My impression was that Imperial Guard all sided with Vitiate during the Yavin conflict.

He does seem like the type of character who might appear in the upcoming storyline, though. So perhaps he found a way to survive.

I guess it would depend on if all of the Imperial Guard were called to Yavin or not. We know of the ones who were on Yavin when Revan attacked only 3 survived but we don't know if every Guard was called there.

A general rule of thumb is that if they don't have any potential onscreen death, they're probably still alive. :p

Hesker and Cantarus do seem like viable options, now that I think about it. They were both heavily intertwined with the original core storyline, playing significant roles on Corellia and then showing up again on Ilum. Given the promise of separate Republic and Imperial storylines, this would be their time to shine. Again.

EDIT: To counter my own general rule of thumb, I did realize that the game's original Mandalore was killed offscreen so that Shae could take the mantle. Though there was a codex entry that confirmed his death for us, so there wasn't much speculation to be had on that front.

I guess it would depend on if all of the Imperial Guard were called to Yavin or not. We know of the ones who were on Yavin when Revan attacked only 3 survived but we don't know if every Guard was called there.

From our interactions with Hesker, I'd be willing to bet that most of the Imperial Guard maintained their free will. I know Marr said they were "instilled with unwavering loyalty" but that was likely an exaggeration. I mean, there is a clear distinction between how Heskar acts and how Servant Two acts.

That said, the crazed Imperial Guards we met on Yavin were likely already on the moon when the Emperor arrived, and their zealous nature was likely the result of the Emperor's direct influence.

Watcher X? Yes, he did.

I didn't see Hesker as whiny. He didn't whine when I decided to not kill the selonians, for instance. Maybe I was just nicer to him. :p

I didn't find Hesker whiny at all. I thought he was a character that treated the player character respectfully and politely, and that he was a very middle of the road Imperial.

The characters that can appear during the Nathema flashpoint. Are they all being considered KIA despite who appears?

Even if they're not it'll end up having the same effect. Just like any character with a kill option, whether you chose it or not in your story choices. Speaking of which, I'd like to take this opportunity to mention Kai Zyyken did not have a kill option at any point. :D Neither did Jakarro. Come to think of it, it'd probably be easier to list the characters without kill options to chose from.

Watcher X? Yes, he did.

I meant he was whiny about getting shot at by Darth Serevin and not taking it like a true imperial of his stature (crying about "I'm going down") :rolleyes: Toughen up man! I don't think I met him in the game before Ilum. Is he involved in Corellia? I never do missions outside of class ones.

I meant he was whiny about getting shot at by Darth Serevin and not taking it like a true imperial of his stature (crying about "I'm going down") :rolleyes: Toughen up man! I don't think I met him in the game before Ilum. Is he involved in Corellia? I never do missions outside of class ones.

Even if he yells he's going down, dude IS back to fly you into battle against Malgus, bruises and all. :)

Yeah, on Corellia for the planetary quest, he's your quest giver/point of contact for a good portion of it. He's very respectful without being a bootlicker and IMHO works really well with the PC.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

All the cool characters are dead or have kill options :/

Uhmmm ... Mako's clone sister? Clara?

C2N2 ?

Coral (Mako's clone) is dead too.

That was my issue with Nathema. Yes, it was very nice to have class story callbacks and have specific characters show up for each class, but they also just killed off/took out 20 characters (the 16 possibilities before the guardian droid + the four possibilities in the holo files), many of whom were fan favorites.

These are the only characters that have more than cameos or minor roles and do not get killed off/have kill options during the class stories or expacs, or appear in Nathema that I can remember:

1. General Hesker (Imperial)

2. Minister of Intelligence/the original Keeper (Imperial)

3. Oramis (the Scion on Iokath you talk to)

4. Shae Vizla

5. Darth Jadus

6. Shroud (ETA no)

7. Kai Zykken

8. Aristocra Saganu

9. Colonel Yudrass (Imperial on Hoth)

10. Jakarro/C2-D4

11. Commanderl Vorel (Imperial guard from Belsavis bonus series, Imperial)

12. The other Imperial guard who runs the Dread Masters/Belsavis planetary quest for Imperials

13. Satele Shan

14. Jonas Balkar

15. Cole Canterus (Republic pilot on Corellia/Ilum)

16. Tora and the rest of Koth's crew

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Isn't the Shroud, Z0-0M? from the bonus chapter?

I thought the takeaway from that chapter was that there were several Shrouds, but I've only seen it on YouTube.

But the Shroud is specifically mentioned as a possible suspect during Iokath, along with Darth Jadus, so he seems to still be operating in everyone's world even after KOTET.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.