The login service is currently unavailable

Charlesbro

Hey folks,

The team is still digging away on the issue. It has turned out to be a fairly severe issue which is why it is taking as long as it is. We appreciate your continued patience, hopefully I will have more details or an ETA to pass on soon, but there isn't one currently.

Thanks all.

-eric

thank you,

caught up on reading, now, be back in 5 minutes to read the next 4 pages

Edited by XaatXuun

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is wanting compensation unreasonable? I am not able to play a game that I have paid for.

Do you make a habit out of insulting people whose money helps keep this game alive?

It's totally reasonable to seek compensation when you don't get what you pay for. In normal circumstances, it would be the business expectation to compensate paying customers for downtime (despite the boilerplate ToS).

But think of this more like a crack dealer dealing with fiends. Fiend can huff and puff all he wants when dealer is not on the block but the second he's back, the fiend's gonna hand over the cash for that rock. You know it, I know it...

Hey folks,

The team is still digging away on the issue. It has turned out to be a fairly severe issue which is why it is taking as long as it is. We appreciate your continued patience, hopefully I will have more details or an ETA to pass on soon, but there isn't one currently.

Thanks all.

-eric

Four Hours? Four Hours to solve a networking issue ? Network Administrators should find another Job.

Let's hope it's this one by Dogzard instead....

QFE ^ and boy how nice it would be if more even-keeled type people like you dominated in-game 'genchat' . And society in general tbh :eek:

That said, it's obviously very unfortunate timing considering the maintenance/offliine in the morning. But i suspect Eric & the devs feel exactly the same way.

p.s. That ^ post also gets honorable mention for the thread "win" imo

oh jeez, plz don't remind me! #serenitynow

---

p.p.s. Anyone else looking forward to the 'SW: Episode IX' trailer soon? :cool:

Lol, I don't know how 'even keeled' I am, I've been posting some pretty off the wall things in here TRYING to get people off their high and mighty pedestal of self-entitlement and apparent obvious issues with anger management all the while attempting to explain, because I am no where NEAR tech savvy (that's my brother's forte') and am good knowing where the power button and retractable cup holder is, how server communication works and what the problem seems to be that Eric and team are Jawa-engineering to life once more.

Nobody helping you, huh? In case you haven't noticed, Eric has been digging around and has given us update, after update, after update. The support team is doing the best they can.

Agreed.

Perhaps the reason Eric is not providing technical details is that he would have to take the attention of someone working on the problem away from what they're doing to explain exactly it is what they are doing.

eric said stay tuned, more of the same. Patch is literally in hours from now, and its a serious problem.

as far as my planning, I have a couple toons left to do ossus wb's and 1 imp that all I left to do was craft on to finish on all 3 of my mercs. My commando had 40k conquest this week. None of you play prog apparently, and I was waiting till Monday night to decide wich toons I would buy a masterwork crystal on with my unsssmebled components.

if the white knights actually played this game and didn't care bear the narshadda bar erp, I would actually take what they say seriously.

ERIC, toss us all something for it, get on it.

It's totally reasonable to seek compensation when you don't get what you pay for. In normal circumstances, it would be the business expectation to compensate paying customers for downtime (despite the boilerplate ToS).

But think of this more like a crack dealer dealing with fiends. Fiend can huff and puff all he wants when dealer is not on the block but the second he's back, the fiend's gonna hand over the cash for that rock. You know it, I know it...

i like the cut of your jib mister

Agreed.

Perhaps the reason Eric is not providing technical details is that he would have to take the attention of someone working on the problem away from what they're doing to explain exactly it is what they are doing.

I personally appreciate any updates they give us, so I agree with you too.

I've been in the position of trying to debug something borked late at night when I had other plans -- never fun. I assure you, Eric and team aren't getting any cash bonuses for pulling the late-nighter here. Hammer away at "corporate" EA all you want to (I get that), but my gosh people, let's cut the ground troops some slack whose night got tanked over this bug...

EDIT: who's to whose :o

Edited by Joonbeams

I never claimed that Bioware has to give me anything. I am simply stating that they will lose a customer if they don't.

I think you are the one who is not able to read.

one among millions...

"We are the Borg. Resistance is futile."

I've been in the position of trying to debug something borked late at night when I had other plans -- never fun. I assure you, Eric and team aren't getting any cash bonuses for pulling the late-nighter here. Hammer away at "corporate" EA all you want to (I get that), but my gosh people, let's cut the ground troops some slack who's night got tanked over this bug...

Thank you! I appreciate the updates we are getting, because he definitely doesn't need to take time away from actually trying to fix the problem to keep us informed. This says it all.