Updated Terms of Service - Rules of Conduct in game

TrixxieTriss

So EA is trying to kill off the freedom of speech in the game. It won't work there are too many good people out there who will fight them on this. Add in EA has no right to ban people for having heated gaming moments that happens in every game and it's normal just like trash talk in PvP.

No, they're trying to kill off hackers and cheaters. You can continue to bash the game on the forums and troll gen chat..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They aren’t tying to impinge free speech.

That's what they all say... Until they do :rolleyes: (news all this month on social media censorship related)

Anyway, we didn't mean to hijack the thread, but since like 5 people got upset by my initial 2 line snarky comment on it it just turned into speech debate.

Edited by Kiesu

That's what they all say... Until they do :rolleyes: (news all this month on social media censorship related)

Anyway, we didn't mean to hijack the thread, but since like 5 people got upset by my initial 2 line snarky comment on it it just turned into speech debate.

I guess we’re sheltered in Australia from all the outrage going on in the US about freedom of speech. We also don’t have anything in our law that guarantees free speech or freedom of the press, so we get less up set about such things.

This might be my personal take but I take a lot of the TOS changes to be more of the "now we have more coverage in canning someone if they annoy us or do something nebulous" rather than universal ban hammer coverage. I know a few jurisdictions that use victimless crime laws that way.

I am inclined to believe that other posters are probably correct. EA cares more about the whales dropping big money than any notion of an equal playing field.