Maintenance: August 7, 2018

EricMusco

Sorc have all back except Khem. And they seem content to pass off that "other" Dashade and leave it at that

Yep, the one missing Inquisitor companion has been given a 'replacement'. Inquisitors also have all their romance options back too. Whereas Knight is still missing Kira (male LI), Scourge, and Doc (female LI), while Consular is missing Nadia (male LI), Zenith, and Tharan. No love for Jedi companions and Jedi romances. :( We've been told Kira and Scourge will be back 'soon', but EA's version of 'soon' is usually in a year or more.

Edited by AscendingSky

What i'm worried about, is whether any changes to Tanks have changed or not, since i do't see them listed.:(

are the tank changes coming tomorrow in pvp im not seeing them in the patchnotes?

That's what i'm worried about, and the Fact is, is that this was supposed to be a PvP content Patch, not a special decorations/ special edition SH patch.:(

Answer: No. They posted several days ago that the tanking changes are suffering seriously critical bugs and will NOT be going into the game at this time.

From this thread:

Hey folks,

Quick heads up, this change will not be happening for 5.9.2. It is still something we would like to do in a future update (likely 5.9.3) but there are some critical bugs we discovered which prevent it from being introduced in this patch.

I will pass on more info as I have it, thanks everyone.

-eric

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9631557#edit9631557

Edited by PennyAnn

Patch Notes will be available on Monday, here.

From Patch notes:

General

• Conquest Objectives will no longer auto-complete or grant repeat completion when changing zones.
  • The end of Conquest review period will now begin on Tuesday at 1100 GMT / 4AM Pacific (back from 1200 GMT / 5AM Pacific on Monday) and lasts one hour (down from 24).
  • Guilds must commit to a planetary Conquest by 1200 GMT / 5AM Pacific on Sunday (moved up from 0600 GMT / 11PM Pacific Monday / Sunday).

Bullet point #1: Finally fixing the auto-complete/reset bugs? Good for you! It's about time. Guilds have been exploiting the living heck out of this and will be scrambling to find another loophole to keep conquest worth their while, and in some cases keep it viable at all. So, IF you are sure you've gotten them fixed this time, please review the requests from the majority of the feedback regarding conquest regarding once per legacy per day restrictions and remove those too. Your new conquest system has relied on bugs and exploits to remain tolerable to a majority of those who still participate. When that's the case, you're doing it wrong.

(I know you think this is a hold over from the previous system, but trust me... it is not. We used to be able to do group finder operations without restriction, heroics without restriction, weekly PvP quest completions without restriction, etc. Now you cannot even repeat these activities once per faction per day. This needs to be fixed!)

Bullet point #2: Why are you sneaking in this change? No one asked for this, and it is going to cause nothing but heartache and problems when you have to turn around and take it right back out again. You didn't consider what issues this would cause for your large guilds who are doing their best to keep participating seriously in your revamped conquest. One hour of review time from 4am to 5am PST is ridiculous when you have done nothing to assist in the ways that guilds have been asking you to since conquest began. When the members conquest scores are only available for one hour in the wee hours of the morning and there is no way to tabulate a member's score across their legacy except to do so by hand if you want to reward a member for their effort legacy-wide to your guild... that is just a step in the wrong direction. Don't make changes like this without feedback. It always blows up in your face, and I'm going to go ahead and predict that this will, too.

Bullet point #3: This will do absolutely nothing to curb a guild's ability to "fly under the radar" all week with their conquest score and then pop on the board in the final hours of conquest leaving their competition no recourse but to lose a planet they had been winning all week. In the old system, if you did not lock in your planet by the end of Thursday (three full conquest days and the halfway point of the week) then you were unable to choose a planet and invade with your guild ship. I am sure you removed this restriction after the planetary bonuses were removed, but it should be returned to this method. Sunday is too late. You might as well leave it completely unrestricted if you're going to make it the day before conquest ends.

In closing: I was pleased to see your development team listening to the feedback from the PTS regarding this patch (for the most part). Specifically - with regard to the aesthetics of the Rishi Stronghold. I wish you had done that with Conquest, one of the major systems that players use to participate in your game and one of the primary focuses for most of your large guilds and communities. If a single stronghold can garner your attention to feedback, I do not for the life of me understand why you won't do the same for one of the largest systems for game-play within the entire game.

Edited by PennyAnn

Guilds must commit to a planetary Conquest by 1200 GMT / 5AM Pacific on Sunday (moved up from 0600 GMT / 11PM Pacific Monday / Sunday).

Bullet point #2: Why are you sneaking in this change? No one asked for this

Actually they did.. People were complaining about the guild swoop in, in that guilds were racking up points and then committing to a planet at the last possible moment. One really large guild on the EU servers actually put people in a small guild in order to combat some group on their server from doing this just the other week.

@Eric, What I want to know is why the fix isn't that they can't accumulate points until they commit, or changing the commit to wayyyy earlier in the week. This is still going to allow guilds to swoop in at the nth hour and quite honestly in the name of fair play really isn't fair at all. You guys really need to move this back to Thursday or even sooner.

Actually they did.. People were complaining about the guild swoop in, in that guilds were racking up points and then committing to a planet at the last possible moment. One really large guild on the EU servers actually put people in a small guild in order to combat some group on their server from doing this just the other week.

@Eric, What I want to know is why the fix isn't that they can't accumulate points until they commit, or changing the commit to wayyyy earlier in the week. This is still going to allow guilds to swoop in at the nth hour and quite honestly in the name of fair play really isn't fair at all. You guys really need to move this back to Thursday or even sooner.

She was referring to the 2nd bullet point. Which is the review period now lasting for an hour instead of 24 hours.

Edited by LordTurin

Patch notes are now live!

-eric

When will they stop updating the PVP section and start reviewing the Tanke and DPS classes (PVE specialty)? It's 90% is PVE of the game and many classes; As Gunnery and Arsenal broke the rotation and did not fix their dps for HM / NIM is very bad and does not reach the Dps required in some ops bosses. With the pure tanke, they said it was DPS when in truth it does not. Do you really believe that with the Nerf classes there quality when playing PVP and PVE maps? the answer is no. :enojado:

Edited by MaestraAzalea

I agree with all points made by PennyAnn.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9633497&postcount=31

It takes at minimum 45 minutes each week to do the conquest point totaling for legacies for the hundreds of players in my guild. You could of entirely wiped that time by making the "Top 5" section on the CQ panel legacy based instead of per character which is currently useless. We could already see that by sorting the guild panel by CQ points. You have given us no way to see the total legacy score without having to calculate it manually.

Your current plan of killing CQ for everyone except the truly dedicated is poorly thought out as it is one of the motivators for a lot of people to continue repeating the age old content. I've been doing the CQ totaling for my guild for several years and I tell you from experience that whilst a small number of players do earn most of their points on a single character the vast majority of players prefer to play multiple characters.

I am pleased you hope you fixed the conquest resetting bug but I think you should of adjusted the point rewards or the ease of legacy scoring to compensate.

"Please use this thread to post your feedback"

When you post threads you claim are for discussion and feedback we actually want feedback from you. Not just your random posts thanking us for our comments. We want to know how you are thinking. Currently all you seem to do is let the players tear each other apart when you could easily step in and explain why you made a decision or how you are currently thinking of changing something with enough advance notice so those plans could be changed based on the feedback.

You act like overlords who dictate how their minions should play instead of working with players to help shape the game into what the players actually want. Your current strategy of forcing terrible changes on the community so you can then half undo them claiming you've listened and improved things is horrible. You are breaking up friendships as people leave to play other games.

You are doing a terrible job of being community managers. Please do better.

Edited by UlaVii

• Dev Post
These times can't be correct. Ever since the 5.8 conquest revamp, conquest resets at 1800 GMT / 11AM Pacific, not at 1200 GMT / 5AM Pacific. If the review period is supposed to be one hour, conquest must end at 1700 GMT / 10AM Pacific. Or are you changing the reset time back to how it was originally so it will be at the same time as weekly/daily quest resets?

Thank you for catching that, there was a miscommunication around the timing. The end/reset time of Conquests did not change, it is still 11AM Pacific.

What did change is the review period is now only 1 hour, and you have to commit earlier than before. I have updated the times in the patch notes to reflect this. We know my incredible talent for timezones so let me know if something still looks amiss.

Thanks!

-eric

• Dev Post

One quick heads up for everyone. Thanks to the awesome feedback we saw on PTS we implemented an "apartment" in the Rishi Stronghold, the Overlook. That room will have a largely reduced unlock price of 120,000 credits until 5.9.3 :).

-eric

In patch notes you stated that: "Matchmaking will more strongly take player skill into account when making teams", - does that mean that average skill players will spread between teams? Cuz i'm really tired of been matched with low rated players against average rated.

I'm playing this game for too long and most of my charachters have a really high rating. And now i'm suffering for it, being matched with low rated players in order to aid them. Give me atleast two more skilled people so i can carry those noobish teams :D

One quick heads up for everyone. Thanks to the awesome feedback we saw on PTS we implemented an "apartment" in the Rishi Stronghold, the Overlook. That room will have a largely reduced unlock price of 120,000 credits until 5.9.3 :).

-eric

Will we be able to buy Rishi when we already own more than 10 Strongholds in 5.9.3? Then I'll gladly wait and pay more for the apartment.

Yooo. Noticed a small bug with the Rishi stronghold in the spaceship. It seems I cant right click a decoration hook to place objects down:

https://gyazo.com/70d35b29443da9c4a58f14b349f8b105

https://gyazo.com/19ee63d0cf5b7ffaa9baa735ec654286

I can right click every decoration hook around it except the big purple one. Not sure if this is just me or a glitch.

This patch really messed up NPC AI, most notably companions. Companions barely heal and often stand around doing nothing. NPCs are teleporting all over the place, clipping through walls, and evading. This did not happen to this degree before the patch. Please fix this.

Answer: No. They posted several days ago that the tanking changes are suffering seriously critical bugs and will NOT be going into the game at this time.

From this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9631557#edit9631557

I didn't see the part about the Crit /bug hurting Tanks on TS, but saw that there was the Crit /bug. Thanx, at least i know without a doubt now that it is not in the patch.:(

Was Manaan Stronghold changed? It seemed to go up in hooks from like 650 to 800...was that intended???Maybe i missed the change in the patch notes...lol... Manaan is very crowded as is... dont know how im gonna get 800 decorations there...lol

... I have updated the times in the patch notes to reflect this. We know my incredible talent for timezones so let me know if something still looks amiss.

Thanks!

-eric

Incorrect:

Les guildes doivent s'engager dans une conquête planétaire au plus tard à 18 h GMT le dimanche (au lieu de 6 h GMT le lundi).

Correct:

Les guildes doivent s'engager dans une conquête planétaire au plus tard à 18 h GMT le dimanche (au lieu de 12 h GMT le lundi).
Edited by SchnellesWiesel