Can we please dump all this self sustainability

Raansu

There's so much self healing, survive-ability and movement abilities now its insane. I miss the old days when it was more spec dependent and there wasn't so much damn self healing and invulnerability and players would actually die once in awhile.

Make sure they cull some cc, root brake and Mez stuff too. Pre 2.0 without Mara smash monkey’s

assassins don't have a real heal just a gimpy one (overcharge saber.) that's worse off than a heal stim and while yes you could spend a point and take the heal when cloak you then basically are locked into Avoidance, Fade, Obfuscation, Shroud of madness, could kinda pick what you want on Heroic utility tree but then legendary would be Dis junction and Renewing darkness. You give up alot just to get that heal.

mobility is definitely another issue. Channeled abilities is supposed to have drawbacks. When they added the ability to run while channeling....dumb.

I'm not saying classes should be defenseless, but there's too much combinations. Ops for example, running around with HoTs that can talent into defensive buffs + roll that gives them invulnerability during the roll, and a defense screen with a reflect and dodge with a CD reduction talent? Personally I don't think roll should give invulnerability.

Mercs with their reflect and heal and a kolto that can heal to 60% and their regular shield gives a heal.....come on....Reflect is fine, but remove the heal from it, kolto buffing to 60% is fine, remove the heal utility on their shield. There's just too much.

Agreed there should be costs for that much mobility. It's also why I don't think sorc getting a crit boost is the right way to go they have insane mobility now they'll be able to kite and kill at will.

mobility is definitely another issue. Channeled abilities is supposed to have drawbacks. When they added the ability to run while channeling....dumb.

I'm not saying classes should be defenseless, but there's too much combinations. Ops for example, running around with HoTs that can talent into defensive buffs + roll that gives them invulnerability during the roll, and a defense screen with a reflect and dodge with a CD reduction talent? Personally I don't think roll should give invulnerability.

Mercs with their reflect and heal and a kolto that can heal to 60% and their regular shield gives a heal.....come on....Reflect is fine, but remove the heal from it, kolto buffing to 60% is fine, remove the heal utility on their shield. There's just too much.

Can't say I disagree. However Bioware suffers from "I'm an idiot dev" syndrome where the big wigs will turn to the dev and the devs will say no no our algorithm says everything is hunky dory and Bioware nods and regurgitates "our statics show everything is at it's targeted goal." Mean while you get matches with four ops and not a effin one of them can be slowed enough to kill before they cloak and run away only to wash rinse and repeat on the other 3 and effectively keeping anyone from grabbing a pylon ..... But no there's no issue here that algorithm says so.

Mean while the next match consists of 4 mercs a jug, sniper and mara with sorc heals to keep them all alive. So when you finally do manage to work 1 merc close to death thanks to that sorc heals he's right back in the game. Can't focus the sorc heals cause what the heck is the point! They can kite you around the map healing themselves as they go never having to worry about actually managing their force power until one of the ridiculous over powered Mercs figures out their ace in the hole is under fire and brings the raw fire power of four "I win merc's down on your head" Not that I expect to survive and all out assault from four classes but hey wait if mercs can why shouldn't I be able? Bottom line is the Dev team is a joke either cause they don't play and have no clue or they do play and skew the favorite class to the point where you can't honesty say they're balance with a straight face. (yeah i'm talking about you merc!) There needs to be trade-offs and costs to having/using these abilities. These Dev's don't care they know the number one issue for those that PVP is class balance and what do they do to address PVP concerns short the length of the match. So take heart my friends you no longer have to suffer through a 15 min imbalanced joke of a match it'll only be a five min one instead!

The game Dies and it's the DEV's that are killing it!

Edited by Kazz_Devlin

Can't say I disagree. However Bioware suffers from "I'm an idiot dev" syndrome where the big wigs will turn to the dev and the devs will say no no our algorithm says everything is hunky dory and Bioware nods and regurgitates "our statics show everything is at it's targeted goal." Mean while you get matches with four ops and not a effin one of them can be slowed enough to kill before they cloak and run away only to wash rinse and repeat on the other 3 and effectively keeping anyone from grabbing a pylon ..... But no there's no issue here that algorithm says so.

Mean while the next match consists of 4 mercs a jug, sniper and mara with sorc heals to keep them all alive. So when you finally do manage to work 1 merc close to death thanks to that sorc heals he's right back in the game. Can't focus the sorc heals cause what the heck is the point! They can kite you around the map healing themselves as they go never having to worry about actually managing their force power until one of the ridiculous over powered Mercs figures out their ace in the hole is under fire and brings the raw fire power of four "I win merc's down on your head" Not that I expect to survive and all out assault from four classes but hey wait if mercs can why shouldn't I be able? Bottom line is the Dev team is a joke either cause they don't play and have no clue or they do play and skew the favorite class to the point where you can't honesty say they're balance with a straight face. (yeah i'm talking about you merc!) There needs to be trade-offs and costs to having/using these abilities. These Dev's don't care they know the number one issue for those that PVP is class balance and what do they do to address PVP concerns short the length of the match. So take heart my friends you no longer have to suffer through a 15 min imbalanced joke of a match it'll only be a five min one instead!

The game Dies and it's the DEV's that are killing it!

I have to agree with most of that. The only thing I don’t agree with is not focusing the Sorc heals. 2 strong burst dps can take down the majority of Sorc healers or at least shut them down from healing their team long enough for your guys to start killing them.

Half the time I can shut down a Sorc heal by myself on a Rage Jugg and if I could just get another person to help me instead of dummy parsing on Mercs while the healer keeps them alive, then most of those Sorcs would die too.

It frustrates the hell out of me when I see healers free casting on Mercs or tanks that my stupid team is grinding dps numbers on. I hardly ever see people hard swap the healer to stun them or interrupt them. They just let them free cast and then complain that nothing dies.

Part of the problem is most people don’t use their brains. But another part is too many people mark non healers because they personally want to focus that guy.

When the unsaid rule was mark healers only, even the noobs knew to hit the guy with the target on his head. Now you have half the dps and tanks marked and not the healers, so the noobs either ignore the marks or hit the marked dps and leave the healers to free cast.

It’s only been the last 20 months that people have been marking non healers (mostly pve converts) and with so many pvpers leaving the game, those people are now the majority and refuse to listen to reason. They mark anything they think is a threat to them personally like a Merc or a sniper who keeps killing them. The biggest perpetrators are pve premades who mark up non healers.

Maybe if we had enough of the marks and they were role specific, ie, medical icon for healers, icon for ranged, icon for tank (oh right, we have that). Then you could go around marking everything. But when there isn’t a specific mark or enough of them or a basic system of understanding in place so noobs know what is what, you need to simplify the system for them by just marking the healers.

I’ve said it time and again, noobs breed noobs and there are so many now that they out number pvpers and people who understand pvp. This means most new players are listening to or following what the noobs say or do, because the noobs over rule people with brains by shouting them down or playing like idiots.

You only need to look at the follow the leader squads and mentality of most teams. People feel they can’t fight by themselves or kill anything unless they are 3-1 or higher. I’ve seen players run from nodes they were defending so they won’t die, even though our team is on the way and all they need to do is hold it for 10-15 secs. Anyone would think dying in pvp is the same as wiping your team in a raid :rolleyes:

Edited by TrixxieTriss

It frustrates the hell out of me when I see healers free casting on Mercs or tanks that my stupid team is grinding dps numbers on. I hardly ever see people hard swap the healer to stun them or interrupt them. They just let them free cast and then complain that nothing dies.

^ This...

Its usually a queue for me to go guard the node, play objective or get the hell out of that match before I start raving at the Internet. :p

Seriously, when folks don't read chat and busy number farming, it usually means the unlucky side is trying their hardest at wrong place and wrong time. Self-sustainability can't cure noobness or idgaf players.

I play heals nearly 100% of the time now, and in regs what I find is DPS just attack whatever is closest. No thought as to what to attack.

Different targets, yep. Not attacking enemies to stop a cap, yep. Letting enemy healers stand and freecast, yep. Not providing one peel when me or other healers get focused by enemy dps, yep.

I get to watch all the stupidity as a healer.

The funniest part is when I have to start DPSing to stop caps or to peel someone off myself. Once I get tunneled by a mara non-stop with zero peels or help, eventually I turn offensive which usually results in a temporary stop thanks to E-net and fairly decent offense for a healer being a merc and all.

Anyway, my point is I shouldn't have to do DPS jobs in WZs. If I am attacking people off doors or nodes to stop caps when a DPS could be doing it, that means I am not healing the stupid DPS.

The irony of it all is when someone complains about not getting heals in the match. :p

I stopped playing today in disgust at the total noobness. People marking every class but the stupid healers and then leaving the healers alone.

Every stupid match, it was happening, it didn’t matter if I was with reps or Imps,

I blame the premade pve noobs who don’t understand to focus the healers and leave the dps and tanks alone till the healers are down.

I’m surprised I don’t have female baldness because it makes me want to pull me own hair out in frustration.

I got so annoyed, I stopped playing in a match today to sit and watch 3 of my guys go at a Merc for 2/3rds of the match while a healer stood right next to him and free cast. The healer didn’t need to move, kite or do anything and they were with in 10m of the 3 dps hitting the Merc.

Not one of those fools tried to stun or interrupt or disrupt the healer in anyway. I didn’t know wether to laugh hard or cry at the end when they did hardly any DPS and I topped it after sitting there watching for half the match.

I gave up trying to tell them that the dps they are focusing won’t die if the healer is keeping them alive. I logged off and went to watch Netflix. I honeslty believe pvp quality is getting worse again (which I didn’t think was possible).

I’ve been spending more and more time away from the game and pvp. If they launched another SW or Sci-fi MMO tomorrow, I would be gone so fast.

I logged off and went to watch Netflix.

Lol. Half the time I log off to go watch Netflix I get frustrated that Netflix doesn't have anything I find worth watching, and I have to resort to yelling at the kids to get off my lawn. I hate being an adult sometimes. :p

between support role stacking, cancerous "kill chasers" 24/7 and the general nub skill level in regs, coupled with mat farmers in solo ranked I eventually got to the point where I just don't login anymore.

I may be there a bit for season 10, only so that one day I may possess the only armor set I ever wanted in swtor (furious armour) but the cold reality of that expectation is directly after claiming "shorter seasons" bioware extended season 9 by one week. bodes really well for 3 month season 10

I think they should change combat entirely to the way wildstar or something has it. Make everything incredibly simple, 5 to 7 abilities, easy balancing rather than entire hotbars of abilities, movement spamming and whatever.

I stopped playing today in disgust at the total noobness. People marking every class but the stupid healers and then leaving the healers alone.

Every stupid match, it was happening, it didn’t matter if I was with reps or Imps,

I blame the premade pve noobs who don’t understand to focus the healers and leave the dps and tanks alone till the healers are down.

I’m surprised I don’t have female baldness because it makes me want to pull me own hair out in frustration.

I got so annoyed, I stopped playing in a match today to sit and watch 3 of my guys go at a Merc for 2/3rds of the match while a healer stood right next to him and free cast. The healer didn’t need to move, kite or do anything and they were with in 10m of the 3 dps hitting the Merc.

Not one of those fools tried to stun or interrupt or disrupt the healer in anyway. I didn’t know wether to laugh hard or cry at the end when they did hardly any DPS and I topped it after sitting there watching for half the match.

I gave up trying to tell them that the dps they are focusing won’t die if the healer is keeping them alive. I logged off and went to watch Netflix. I honeslty believe pvp quality is getting worse again (which I didn’t think was possible).

I’ve been spending more and more time away from the game and pvp. If they launched another SW or Sci-fi MMO tomorrow, I would be gone so fast.

My 2-3 million damage taken per match says someone is attacking healers still. Sometimes you just gotta stop queueing for a few minutes to get out of those bad rotations of matches with clueless pugs

Sometimes you just gotta stop queueing for a few minutes to get out of those bad rotations of matches with clueless pugs

I wish that worked for me. But the population is low when I play, so I can’t requeue to miss most of these idiots. Half the time I’m already waiting 10-30mins for pops.

Lol. Half the time I log off to go watch Netflix I get frustrated that Netflix doesn't have anything I find worth watching, and I have to resort to yelling at the kids to get off my lawn. I hate being an adult sometimes. :p

Yeah, I’ve watched just about everything on Netflix (Australia). I’m considering signing up for a US account because you guys have heaps more programs than we do.

I think they should change combat entirely to the way wildstar or something has it. Make everything incredibly simple, 5 to 7 abilities, easy balancing rather than entire hotbars of abilities, movement spamming and whatever.

Limited abilities is what makes games like guild wars and wildstar boring.