Where is this game going ?

Sedaiikyn

5.x is at least better than 4.x, where we actually get better content.

4.x is the worst one ever, I'm not criticizing the story, but the content is just terrible. Stories are not made as repeatable content with extra fun. SF is just bad bad, Eternal Championship was the only "ok" content. And we got the terrible terrible bloster all the ops to top level+forced level sync. It simply hurt both ends and resulted with a lot of content's death.

I don't think it will die soon, but it's not in a good condition at all, change is definitely needed.

Level sync and ops bolster did not hurt the game. You can personally be unhappy with those decisions since you can't steam roll over anything by being 50 levels above, but as someone who does ops on a regular basis, ops bolstered to 70 is literally the only reason I (and many many many other raiders) have stuck around this long. And by all accounts, level sync has been a huge success in getting people to do heroics and to actually go through the story, without them feeling like they are slowing their progression down.

Seriously, what content died with level sync and ops bolster? Because before that, all heroics, story missions past Tatooine basically, and all ops aside from TOS/Rav were dead, and now they are played all the time.

Level sync and ops bolster did not hurt the game. You can personally be unhappy with those decisions since you can't steam roll over anything by being 50 levels above, but as someone who does ops on a regular basis, ops bolstered to 70 is literally the only reason I (and many many many other raiders) have stuck around this long. And by all accounts, level sync has been a huge success in getting people to do heroics and to actually go through the story, without them feeling like they are slowing their progression down.

Seriously, what content died with level sync and ops bolster? Because before that, all heroics, story missions past Tatooine basically, and all ops aside from TOS/Rav were dead, and now they are played all the time.

It really did.

Raiders are pretty much gone because there is no new raid content for them. Most of the raiders I've known are gone. Those are really old content, if you are a raider and you still hadn't beaten most of them by the time of KotFE, raid isn't for you.

Casuals were blocked by these content once again, right now it's most of the ppl doing SM+EV/KP HM and the raiders were gone, some ppl still raid but how many of them do rest of the HM and every NIM weekly? Very few if you check the achievement.

Both ends were hurt. Raiders couldn't be kept with 3-5 years old content and casuals were blocked again.

As fo level sync, some content became good because they were revamped to be relevant like the heroics. But some weren't so lucky. Content like Nightmare Pilgrim basically became impossible to gather 16 ppl to do it for the mount quest since the debuff setting is still on. You have to wait for like 30mins or longer to gather a WB group to do ordinary WBs, they are such old content and force ppl to do them like new ones only drive ppl out.

You obviously never played before right? Ppl do story missions to level up, and they do farm heroics to get decor, now after the level sync those decor almost never drop again for top level players!

Edited by Slowpokeking

Oh boy, this is gonna be fun...

It really did.

Raiders are pretty much gone because there is no new raid content for them. Most of the raiders I've known are gone. Those are really old content, if you are a raider and you still hadn't beaten most of them by the time of KotFE, raid isn't for you.[/Quote]

I'll have to let the 5 raids that I was asked to fill in for tonight (Sunday night, on one server) that they don't actually exist. And the 2 of those groups that are doing Machine Gods that that Op doesn't actually exist.

Casuals were blocked by these content once again, right now it's most of the ppl doing SM+EV/KP HM and the raiders were gone, some ppl still raid but how many of them do rest of the HM and every NIM weekly? Very few if you check the achievement.[/Quote]

You do know that even though HM KP/EV and are the easiest HM ops, they are still more difficult than many of the SM ops right? And if you run around fleet checking random people's achievements, you are going to run into a lot of new players and a lot of credit sellers. Heck, if you run around fleet checking people's achievements, I'd bet that a bunch of them have not done the opposing side's story missions. Does that mean BW should just delete pub side (or imp side) story?

Both ends were hurt. Raiders couldn't be kept with 3-5 years old content and casuals were blocked again. [/Quote] Again, I point you towards the fact that a new op literally came out in the last few months. And even the most casual of casual can get through EV or KP story mode if they are willing to put in the time.

As fo level sync, some content became good because they were revamped to be relevant like the heroics. But some weren't so lucky. Content like Nightmare Pilgrim basically became impossible to gather 16 ppl to do it for the mount quest since the debuff setting is still on. You have to wait for like 30mins or longer to gather a WB group to do ordinary WBs, they are such old content and force ppl to do them like new ones only drive ppl out.

So the one world boss that was originally designed to be difficult to beat and required a large group when the game first came out is now difficult to defeat once more and requires a large group, as opposed to the 3 years that 2 people with no idea what they are doing could beat it is a bad thing? I mean the mount is supposed to be a reward for getting a group together multiple times over multiple days and killing the thing, so I don't quite see how actually requiring that is a bad thing...

You obviously never played before right? Ppl do story missions to level up, and they do farm heroics to get decor, now after the level sync those decor almost never drop again for top level players!

Yes. I am brand new to the game, and in fact I accidentally glitched into a Manhunter, Dragonslayer, From Beyond, Warstalker and Revanchist titles. And I definitely don't have over 500 posts to the forum in the last 6 months, and my first thread creation was definitely not in 2015 (even if I started playing in 2012 and wasn't on the forums then). I should definitely contact BW and ask them to take away all those achivements that someone else earned that somehow got transferred to my account over the last 6 years (really really really strong sarcasm in this entire paragrah in case that is not abundantly clear).

Edited by LordTurin

The game is going for more and more profit, like any other game or product out there!

As long as the game is popular (which is assured with the Star Wars brand) it has nothing to fear. Yes, there will be peaks and lows for the population but thats like with anything else. At the moment its fine cause we had the server merges so the people are spread on 5 servers only that means you have enough people for all parts of the game. Content is coming either end for the year or in 2019 so its fine.

I'll have to let the 5 raids that I was asked to fill in for tonight (Sunday night, on one server) that they don't actually exist. And the 2 of those groups that are doing Machine Gods that that Op doesn't actually exist.

You do know that even though HM KP/EV and are the easiest HM ops, they are still more difficult than many of the SM ops right? And if you run around fleet checking random people's achievements, you are going to run into a lot of new players and a lot of credit sellers. Heck, if you run around fleet checking people's achievements, I'd bet that a bunch of them have not done the opposing side's story missions. Does that mean BW should just delete pub side (or imp side) story?

Again, I point you towards the fact that a new op literally came out in the last few months. And even the most casual of casual can get through EV or KP story mode if they are willing to put in the time.

So the one world boss that was originally designed to be difficult to beat and required a large group when the game first came out is now difficult to defeat once more and requires a large group, as opposed to the 3 years that 2 people with no idea what they are doing could beat it is a bad thing? I mean the mount is supposed to be a reward for getting a group together multiple times over multiple days and killing the thing, so I don't quite see how actually requiring that is a bad thing...

Yes. I am brand new to the game, and in fact I accidentally glitched into a Manhunter, Dragonslayer, From Beyond, Warstalker and Revanchist titles. And I definitely don't have over 500 posts to the forum in the last 6 months, and my first thread creation was definitely not in 2015 (even if I started playing in 2012 and wasn't on the forums then). I should definitely contact BW and ask them to take away all those achivements that someone else earned that somehow got transferred to my account over the last 6 years (really really really strong sarcasm in this entire paragrah in case that is not abundantly clear).

^^ Man's right.

To the dude you were responding to - There is a reason why KP and EV No longer have a NiM difficulty level and that's because it was too easy to even be considered HM, let alone NiM. So they did away with it entirely.

I do agree that raiding did take a big hit when 5.0 dropped. At that point I had been a HM/NiM Progression raider for a few years and when 5.0 dropped and they took all the gear out of the operations, raiders left in mass, raid groups went under, and that's what happened to mine. We had been working on Revan HM when 5.0 dropped and given what the new system was like with regard to gearing, we all knew we couldn't get gear out of Operations and it was all luck of the draw [ It was RNG crates as the only way to get the new gear from 5.0-5.2].

Raiding did suffer greatly. When they wised up some and put gear back in Operations and made gearing have so more options, a lot of the damage had already been done, a lot of people were already long gone. I was the only person out of my entire raid group that was still in the game and I had no interest in starting over, by than I had already gotten into PVPing and so I never went back into raiding after that.

It's a lot better now, and raiding never went entirely away, it did take a hit for a good while though. I just don't want to start over from scratch, after 6 years in the game that's just not something I feel I should be doing at this point. I like PVPing so I just get my violence fix from that.

True raiders raid for the love it. They don't need 'new' [although it's nice and is a complaint of merit]. Until you have cleared DF/DP NiM and Revan HM. New, doesn't matter. Progression raiders crave the clear, if they haven't cleared it, it's still 'new'.

You're not going to find a lot of old hardcore raiders just in the masses on fleet. If you are checking and you see they don't have EV KP NiM clears, that means they haven't been around all that long to begin with. If you see someone with the Wings of the Architect, you are probably looking at the real deal. Doesn't get harder than that.

Aside from that, to the responder, I have mossttthose titles, [i have Dragonslayer and Manhunter as active titles] how you 'glitched' into them, that's a story I'd like to hear. Those are not only clear titles, some of them are Clears on NiM beating a timer. I'm not really sure what to make of that, but that's probably not something you should be spreading around. One more thing, Manhunter isn't a raiding title, it's a PVP title that is earned by killing 50,000 other players in PVP. I use Dragonslayer [from SnV NiM beating the timer] and Manhunter [i've reached 100,000 kills by this point] because one shows my past emphasis in the game [Raiding] and the other my current emphasis [PVP].

I have never heard of 'glitching' into a title, let alone 4 of them.

EDIT: You were being sarcastic, I missed that in the first reading heheh. Well done. =]

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Maintenance mode means no new content. New content is coming, so no maintenance mode (and as such calling it that is BS).

As for where the game is going, I'd say probably off into the sunset. Perhaps the last expansion will be the last one and then maintenance mode. Maybe, possibly.

Edited by RobertFKennedyUS

I do agree that raiding did take a big hit when 5.0 dropped. At that point I had been a HM/NiM Progression raider for a few years and when 5.0 dropped and they took all the gear out of the operations, raiders left in mass, raid groups went under, and that's what happened to mine. We had been working on Revan HM when 5.0 dropped and given what the new system was like with regard to gearing, we all knew we couldn't get gear out of Operations and it was all luck of the draw [ It was RNG crates as the only way to get the new gear from 5.0-5.2].

Raiding did suffer greatly. When they wised up some and put gear back in Operations and made gearing have so more options, a lot of the damage had already been done, a lot of people were already long gone. I was the only person out of my entire raid group that was still in the game and I had no interest in starting over, by than I had already gotten into PVPing and so I never went back into raiding after that.

It's a lot better now, and raiding never went entirely away, it did take a hit for a good while though. I just don't want to start over from scratch, after 6 years in the game that's just not something I feel I should be doing at this point. I like PVPing so I just get my violence fix from that.

True raiders raid for the love it. They don't need 'new' [although it's nice and is a complaint of merit]. Until you have cleared DF/DP NiM and Revan HM. New, doesn't matter. Progression raiders crave the clear, if they haven't cleared it, it's still 'new'.

A lot of this is so true. 5.0 really was a calamity. While I really have spent so much time on this game, 5.0 release was just so terrible. Just completely not thought out. RNG-based gearing, people on raid teams who now have to grind to get gear. It's like the fable of the dog with a bone in his mouth who looked into the river at his own distorted reflection and saw a larger bone, opened his mouth up and lunged to get the reflected bone and lost the real one.

BW wasn't satisfied with the raiders it had who weren't spending a ton of time doing other parts of the game, tried to get them more involved with some old ******** and lost them. It's why Ben Irving got kicked out of here. The game went too long without an ops and other group content, they tried to get by with some old ******** and it blew up in their faces.

Still a great game. Enjoy it while it's still here.

P.S. They also were a year too slow in doing server mergers. - Worth mentioning.

Edited by RobertFKennedyUS

From a guild recruiter perspective I see the players base as ....

Prior to 2016 you had:

Progression Raiders

Casual Raiders

Soloists who did FP's

PVP & GSF guilds

Conquest guilds

From 2017 on you have:

Toon Levelers

Conquest Guilds

RP'ers & Fashionistas (devoted followers of fashion)

Stronghold Decorators

note: people still do FP's and Operations but the people who have MMO 'Raid Awareness' has been greatly diminished. While I myself enjoyed some of the uprisings there is a serious contempt for them.

That's still few, compare to most of the games and the situation in 2.0/3/0.

No, they just require better gear for the DPS check mostly. EV/KP HM had almost the same mechanics as SM, they are not more difficult than most of the SM if you have the gear to beat them.

Again, I point you towards the fact that a new op literally came out in the last few months. And even the most casual of casual can get through EV or KP story mode if they are willing to put in the time.

Yeah, one ops that took 1 year and 2 months to release out, and it's the only new encounter that we got since SoR, it's really gonna hold up raiders.

Just take a look and see how many ppl still raid.

Yes, it WAS designed to be, but it's very old content and no longer drop top gear now, it's like asking WOW players to run MC with 40 men again.

Then why are you not clear with the real situation before level sync?

Edited by Slowpokeking

^^ Man's right.

To the dude you were responding to - There is a reason why KP and EV No longer have a NiM difficulty level and that's because it was too easy to even be considered HM, let alone NiM. So they did away with it entirely.

It started to drop since 4.0 by a large margin because no new content.

See, it didn't hold players.

Wrong, they need new content otherwise they easily get bored.

Even DP NIM were out for 3+ years, if you can't beat a raid content with 1 year, raid isn't for you.

You're not going to find a lot of old hardcore raiders just in the masses on fleet. If you are checking and you see they don't have EV KP NiM clears, that means they haven't been around all that long to begin with. If you see someone with the Wings of the Architect, you are probably looking at the real deal. Doesn't get harder than that.

And what happened to the players that cleared it?

They are gone!

Raiders have suffered badly, and there is little new blood. That's the fact.

Well it's sure as hell not "going strong"...in fact, it's hardly going anywhere. I believe this game is clearly in maintenance mode...and even that's stretching it.

Having said that - I would highly encourage you to try it out again. I love it. It doesn't take long to feel good at playing it, the combat is second to none and there's a crap ton to do in game. What we do have is amazing content and most players are very helpful and would love to have you try the game again. The Devs are supposedly working on new content, which is badly needed, and when they do release new stuff, it's generally quite impressive...so I don't think the game is dead quite yet and I think it's as good of a time as any to try it out again. I hope we have 10 years left of it.

I would echo this, with a little more optimism.

I came back as I was encouraged that the devs were not only talking about a new expansion, but were also addressing PvP concerns, it tells me they are getting back to the big picture, even though it will take some time to get there as most of the actual dev team is attached to Anthem it would seem.

I would echo this, with a little more optimism.

I came back as I was encouraged that the devs were not only talking about a new expansion, but were also addressing PvP concerns, it tells me they are getting back to the big picture, even though it will take some time to get there as most of the actual dev team is attached to Anthem it would seem.

The devs are working on it, but they got little resources.

So I would imagine a SWTOR year:

- A completely new story arc

- A new ops (all difficulty levels)

- A new FP (all levels of difficulty)

- A new WZ

- A new Event (Honestly, we need new events)

That would be perfect. ;) *wink with the sledgehammer*

- A new WZ

Plus a big overhaul patch to fix the bugs and make the current content relevant.

This is Star Wars and Star Wars is forever. This game won't last forever, but the love and desire to play in the Star Wars Universe will never go away. Until they come out with a better Star Wars MMO, I'll be here killing as many people as I can until the lights go out. =]

I agree.

- A new WZ

A kill option for Lana? :D

A kill option for Lana? :D

Gimme one for Ashara and one for Jaesa, and i'll be very happy :D

Well depending on how she comes back, i may give up on the kill option for Jaesa, but please let me kill that Togruta, i never wanted her on my ship in the first place and the game does not even let me kill her on Taris, then with the way she came back, i just want to kill her even more... :mad:

BUT, considering the number of male companions with kill options (espacially LI), some more for female companions would only be fair :rolleyes:

Edited by Goreshaga

Hi,

Was just wondering if this game was still going strong or its dying ? I am hesitating to invest time again on this game...

Well it's not dead but I can't say it going strong either. I see a population decline and it's not just because it's summer. There just isn't anything great happening in this game.

I have a tendency to track the amount of cartel coins I get per month because those coins are individual players somewhere all over the world. In tracking those subs even in a limited capacity as I have it's a decent enough way to see trends of the game for a player that gets enough coins through referrals.

Mine has dropped significantly since bioware created their last road map to the point I've lost 6600-7200 coins per month in the last couple months alone.

Real paying players, just up and left.

BUT, considering the number of male companions with kill options (espacially LI), some more for female companions would only be fair :rolleyes:

Well then, Lana Beniko, it was nice knowing you, but as the recent story really butchered your character, your contribution from here on is no longer required.

Im about to leave, but not because of story or contents.

But im just tired of doing weekly and hc week after week after week for nothing.

Last 3 weeks and about 80, level 4 command crates, and not a single piece of 248 item

its really sad just to disintergrate all items in 80 crates,..

Pointless to do weeklys a guess

Im about to leave, but not because of story or contents.

But im just tired of doing weekly and hc week after week after week for nothing.

Last 3 weeks and about 80, level 4 command crates, and not a single piece of 248 item

its really sad just to disintergrate all items in 80 crates,..

Pointless to do weeklys a guess

Sorry to hear that but I personally think the new system is soooo easy to gear. I been here since day 1 and have never had top end gear due to not being able to do NIM Ops. Now with new system I have 5 in gear 248 and 3 in 242. I would probably have all my toons in 248 if I didnt take a 3-4 month break due to time availability