Is it normal for this many Stealths on DM

TrixxieTriss

I decided to see if I could pvp with 350ms and rolled a few Alts on DM.

What I’ve found is lowbies is infested with Operatives and Sins. All the other classes are largely under represented and all these guys are doing is running in big stealth gank squads and if you are one of the 2-3 non Stealths on your team, they just farm you all match. Non stealth players started to rage quit and others who were new to pvp said they’d never be back :(

Is this normal on DM or was this just an anomaly? If it’s normal, you won’t get many new pvp converts if you treat them this way in lowbies.

It is not that bad in the 70's but I also recall my low-mid experience to be bad kinda since the merge. Too many premade of nearly top levels or just premades in general. The skill disparity in lowbies is even worse as it is, and the existence of premades there proves again that some people apparently find joy in stomping newbies without any skill (the "without skill" refers to the stompers).

If you would have come a few weeks ago you would have seen Trixxie the hacker on midbies, what a miss...

It is not that bad in the 70's but I also recall my low-mid experience to be bad kinda since the merge. Too many premade of nearly top levels or just premades in general. The skill disparity in lowbies is even worse as it is, and the existence of premades there proves again that some people apparently find joy in stomping newbies without any skill (the "without skill" refers to the stompers).

If you would have come a few weeks ago you would have seen Trixxie the hacker on midbies, what a miss...

I didnt realise I had already created a Trix named toon on DM. When I saw it, I just deleted it and made another toon. I got 2 Alts to lvl 20 this evening.

It is pretty sad these higher skilled premade Stealths trolling lowbies on DM. I’ve not really seen it that much on the US servers. It happens, but not that much.

I guess you can blame those guys if your pvp population shrinks faster than the US.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Non stealth players started to rage quit and others who were new to pvp said they’d never be back :(

tbh, if being ganked couple times is enough reason to not ever play pvp again, maybe its not the best mode for them

for some reason many players seems to think they shouldn't be able to die in pvp :thonk: :rak_02:

tbh, if being ganked couple times is enough reason to not ever play pvp again, maybe its not the best mode for them

for some reason many players seems to think they shouldn't be able to die in pvp :thonk: :rak_02:

I think that’s what myself and yourself and all the other selfs are thinking rite nao.

I decided to see if I could pvp with 350ms and rolled a few Alts on DM.

What I’ve found is lowbies is infested with Operatives and Sins. All the other classes are largely under represented and all these guys are doing is running in big stealth gank squads and if you are one of the 2-3 non Stealths on your team, they just farm you all match. Non stealth players started to rage quit and others who were new to pvp said they’d never be back :(

Is this normal on DM or was this just an anomaly? If it’s normal, you won’t get many new pvp converts if you treat them this way in lowbies.

Yes, pretty normal, everyone play stealth class, or anti stealth class, and sometimes a full s8 1500-2000 rating premade with heal tank. U can see ton of operatives, assassins, everyone Concealment and deception, because regs on DM is all about 1v7. I play sorcerer madness and every operative come and troll me, kill me, stealth up, etc, what the heck it's a balanced game yeye.. or ofc 1v2-3-4-5 stealths coming on me etc. The number of cc and hardstun from these pack of stealths is amazing, though. There is not 1 match on regs without a stealth. I feel stealth dps class it's heavy overpowered.

Server is full of experts and elitist players who only play fury maras and stealth, otherwise premade, cos it's not cloaking. ZZZzzZZzzz

There is ganking and then there is 6 Stealths running in a group every match to 6v1 people. That’s not fun for the more experienced pvpers. How do you think new people feel.

There is ganking and then there is 6 Stealths running in a group every match to 6v1 people. That’s not fun for the more experienced pvpers. How do you think new people feel.

Look, Trix. I'm leveling a slinger now for lulz- since Sunday. Through pvp only. When lowbies pop, you don’t get a big variety of people- mostly these are same players. I play different times, mornings and daytime in Moscow is your early evening/early night time in APAC. I’ve seen all kinds of dumb things but not stealths running 6 v 1. My slinger char name is Faith Nomore. Feel free to whisper me in game when you see these terrifying squads so I can see for myself.

People on DM like to get any advantage they can coz skill levels are all over the place.

Also started leveling a sniper on Sat coz I never play that class and seen quite a few Opers (5-6) per game. But mostly not very good so not much ganking happend..

Look, Trix. I'm leveling a slinger now for lulz- since Sunday. Through pvp only. When lowbies pop, you don’t get a big variety of people- mostly these are same players. I play different times, mornings and daytime in Moscow is your early evening/early night time in APAC. I’ve seen all kinds of dumb things but not stealths running 6 v 1. My slinger char name is Faith Nomore. Feel free to whisper me in game when you see these terrifying squads so I can see for myself.

I will do if I jump on the server again. I mainly went there to check it out because lvl 70 pops have died off a lot in the times Ive been playing. 2 weeks ago I could still get a lvl 70 pop every 5-10 mins outside of prime time. Last night it stretched out to an hour :eek:

I really hope that isn’t the new norm for lvl 70s. Lowbies on the US servers is pretty much dead most of the time (even prime time). The last thing we need is for lvl 70 to start slowing or people will be demanding mergers again.

I can say that 300ms is hard to play at, but what’s really hard are the stupid lag spikes. I redx so many times last night and it was jumping up and down a lot. If it just stayed stable at 300 or even 320ms, I could probably get more use to it and find ways to accommodate the extra ping.

People on DM like to get any advantage they can coz skill levels are all over the place.

Also started leveling a sniper on Sat coz I never play that class and seen quite a few Opers (5-6) per game. But mostly not very good so not much ganking happend..

Yeah, I started a Sniper and Jugg last night. I figured the sniper being ranged would help mitigate some of the massive lag I have, but in lowbies they are sitting ducks for Stealths. So I switch to my tried and true Jugg spec and did better. Even with the lag, I think I surprised a few solo guards I killed and capped on who were in their 30s and I was lvl 15.

I wanted to try again tonight, but I’m sick in bed 🤒