why gods of the machine rarely form in fleet?

NO NO NO, in a ops with 5 bosses, the last thing to do is make these mechanics to trouble ppl.

lol but this whole OP was designed with mechanics in mind, from Tyth all the way to Izax. And honestly it is my favorite op to run, because of it. It actually draws me more into playing, rather than just standing in one spot and spamming a move.

and you keep complaining its not pug friendly, but do you realize how many pug groups cleared izax on HM when it first came out? a lot of em. even did it a couple times with players who had just started a month before. You know how they were able to do it? they listened to advice, instead of acting dumb.

and if they do nerf GOTM (which I believe Ben stated that they are not looking to do that) that is actually going to piss off people.

and then you say the "whole player base wants it nerfed" ??? again no they don't. there are more people (just in this forum alone) that want GOTM to stay the way it is. and as other players have stated, if you don't like, no one is forcing you to do it. You just want no work for a greater reward. but that is what breaks games.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol but this whole OP was designed with mechanics in mind, from Tyth all the way to Izax. And honestly it is my favorite op to run, because of it. It actually draws me more into playing, rather than just standing in one spot and spamming a move.

It's not about you, but the majority favor it or not.

and you keep complaining its not pug friendly, but do you realize how many pug groups cleared izax on HM when it first came out? a lot of em. even did it a couple times with players who had just started a month before. You know how they were able to do it? they listened to advice, instead of acting dumb.

Yeah, a lot of them, when you can barely see ppl form group for SM.

and if they do nerf GOTM (which I believe Ben stated that they are not looking to do that) that is actually going to piss off people.

No, ppl have already left, more than half of its content are getting old, if ppl don't find quick reward, we are going to see less and less ppl run them.

and then you say the "whole player base wants it nerfed" ??? again no they don't. there are more people (just in this forum alone) that want GOTM to stay the way it is. and as other players have stated, if you don't like, no one is forcing you to do it. You just want no work for a greater reward. but that is what breaks games.

They do, You think there are a big amount of raid lovers, there aren't. Like I've listed, this game has already lost most of the raiders due to lack of new content, and raid itself is no longer that popular.

I don't do it, whether they nerf it or not got little to do with me, but letting their main content since KotET become unpopular is not a wise idea.

You think there is a solid raid playerbase, again there isn't. If I'm a real raider I would have quit this game long long ago and find tons of other games with more new raid content to play with.

Edited by Slowpokeking

I think it is pointless to keep discussion with @Slowpokeking as he clearly has all the data and statistics from the game since he knows how many people leave, the reasons for leaving, what people like and dont like.

You just cant discuss with someone who has all the corrects Facts!

It's not about you, but the majority favor it or not.

So you are the majority now?

If I'm a real raider I would have quit this game long long ago and find tons of other games with more new raid content to play with.

Please for the love of god, let this man become a real raider soon.

No, but ppl would join/return if there are enjoyable new content which fit their taste.

And I'm not risking the playerbase at all, this game is famous for its IP, story, voiceover and fine PVE content, it has never been the top choice of raiders, and most of the raiders have already left due to no new content.

Remove the puzzle, that's all.

The MMO playerbase has been shifted for long. Most of the raiders have already gone, if I'm a raider I woudln't come to play this game and there is no way I'm gonna stay in this game after years with so few new content.

They are obviously outdated. In a MMO, 1 year is old for raid content and even Ravagers and TOS has been out for 3 and half years, that's ancient. The intended playerbase have all left.

Make short, repeatable content with story, and encourage ppl but not force them to group up.

It's quite bad because ppl are bored with them, they only do them for reward.

NO NO NO, in a ops with 5 bosses, the last thing to do is make these mechanics to trouble ppl.

And how do you know those players will return if we add more content like that? Again I think that is a gamble destined to go wrong. Yes you are, trust me when I say that re-inventing the wheel is bad on this case, I think the problem here is not the type of content but the content drought.

Then we remove puzzle and add one or two more groups of adds, it allows people to have the break.

Well that doesn't seem to be Keith's design tbh, he is focusing on multiplayer a lot more than Ben has, again I think the type of content is fine save for some bad design decisions regarding Umbara but the problem is the amount, it's not enough.

Again I agree the raids are old, but they're not bad, the problem is the release schedule, again we have good content we just don't have enough of it.

That's what they've been doing, save for GOTM which barely has any story, other than the cutscenes and the reward you're not missing much, heck the scions don't even a post-kill Tyth cutscene like Oricon does.

You keep saying people are bored with them, even if they are there's at least the incentive of reward, I don't presume to speak for every casual raider but I still find them fun.

Well DF had 5 bosses and we still had the corridor of death to deal with, I don't see your point there, again maybe nerf the mechanic in SM but there's got to be a mild challenge there.

I've been playing since the beginning of 2012, I kept on because the Star Wars IP, the story, the character and the SH system. If I want to focus on raid there are tons of other games. And there is no way I would have stayed after 3.0, where very few new content were made. Nearly all the raiders I knew were gone.

SWTOR's raid content is good, but not "outstanding". Raid and ops has never been a major selling point of SWTOR, and post 3.0 era couldn't keep any raider with basic sense. Even raid itself is not as popular as it was in the 00s. It actually was a reason why SWTOR went F2P so soon, and we got nearly 7 years passed.

I'm not opposed to making new raid content, but it should never be the main focus when the resource is limited, and it's pointless to keep "raider's pride" by blocking the content from casual players when the raider base itself is pretty much gone. It serves no purpose.

I've been playing since 2013, I only kept going because of the story. SWTOR raiding isn't anything outstanding for sure but I still find it fun, and again I'm not saying we should focus on raids, Keith has been focusing on multiplayer content across the board. Yeah it doesn't mean people need to go through a cake walk, keep in mind Matt already said the next raid was gonna be straightforward, the whole point of GOTM was making a new and challenging raid, nerfing all the mechanics would take that out of SM. Also I doubt is it he reason SWTOR went F2P, the game flopped due to multiple factors, people who were for the story left due to no more class stories, endgame players left due to lack of content yadah yadah, this isn't a simple issue to just throw "raids did it".

And how do you know those players will return if we add more content like that? Again I think that is a gamble destined to go wrong. Yes you are, trust me when I say that re-inventing the wheel is bad on this case, I think the problem here is not the type of content but the content drought.

No no no, this is not a gamble at all, THIS is what the current player base want, most of the SWTOR players are never hardcore raiders, they want short content, this is why even in ops we saw ppl doing last boss lockout, why EV and KP HM are much more popular than other HMs.

Even at the ops peak of SWTOR, the 2.0 era, they had to stop making Nightmare mode ops due to not worthy compare to the ppl doing it.

Then we remove puzzle and add one or two more groups of adds, it allows people to have the break.

Good.

Well that doesn't seem to be Keith's design tbh, he is focusing on multiplayer a lot more than Ben has, again I think the type of content is fine save for some bad design decisions regarding Umbara but the problem is the amount, it's not enough.

Multiplayer is good, focusing on big raid is not one, especially they don't have the resource to release a raid content in time.

Ben would have done better if he truly care about casuals by not blostering all the content to top level and force ppl to have level sync, without adjusting all the contents..

Again I agree the raids are old, but they're not bad, the problem is the release schedule, again we have good content we just don't have enough of it.

Doesn't matter, they are wayyy too old, raiders got bored of them, ordinary ppl got bored of SM and most of them still got blocked by HM, thanks to Ben.

That's what they've been doing, save for GOTM which barely has any story, other than the cutscenes and the reward you're not missing much, heck the scions don't even a post-kill Tyth cutscene like Oricon does.

Far from enough.

You keep saying people are bored with them, even if they are there's at least the incentive of reward, I don't presume to speak for every casual raider but I still find them fun.

Well DF had 5 bosses and we still had the corridor of death to deal with, I don't see your point there, again maybe nerf the mechanic in SM but there's got to be a mild challenge there.

The playerbase spoke for us. If ppl still found them fun we wouldn't lose so many players.

The corridor was a joke in SM with zero difficulty. And DF doesn't have long run like GotM.

I've been playing since 2013, I only kept going because of the story. SWTOR raiding isn't anything outstanding for sure but I still find it fun, and again I'm not saying we should focus on raids, Keith has been focusing on multiplayer content across the board. Yeah it doesn't mean people need to go through a cake walk, keep in mind Matt already said the next raid was gonna be straightforward, the whole point of GOTM was making a new and challenging raid, nerfing all the mechanics would take that out of SM. Also I doubt is it he reason SWTOR went F2P, the game flopped due to multiple factors, people who were for the story left due to no more class stories, endgame players left due to lack of content yadah yadah, this isn't a simple issue to just throw "raids did it".

Sorry but the majority doesn't find it fun and they quit.

Focusing on raid, which was NEVER the main focus and selling point of SWTOR and has lost a lot of its popularity nowadays, with extreme slow releasing pace, is a big gamble. It's not gonna attract raiders back, and it's going to affect other players badly.

SWTOR went F2P largely due to its format was already going downhill in 2011, even WOW has past its peak, and we got 7 years passed.

they want short content

so that is why everyone claims when something new comes out, and it is literally two minutes of content? are they complaining that it is too long? NOPE, they complain because they WANT LONGER content. But you would know this if you actually knew what the majority of people want (which you don't) you know what you want, and crap on anyone who says otherwise (since we aren't all knowing such as yourself) but I agree with the poster that there is no point in talking to you any longer. so enjoy whatever game you go to, and we will continue to enjoy SWTOR.

Edited by CrazyScruffy

so that is why everyone claims when something new comes out, and it is literally two minutes of content? are they complaining that it is too long? NOPE, they complain because they WANT LONGER content. But you would know this if you actually knew what the majority of people want (which you don't) you know what you want, and crap on anyone who says otherwise (since we aren't all knowing such as yourself) but I agree with the poster that there is no point in talking to you any longer. so enjoy whatever game you go to, and we will continue to enjoy SWTOR.

They want repeatable, more and more not so long content and with little effort of group forming. Their "longer" is not a big raid you got to spend so much time to form and run every time.

If they want longer content we wouldn't see ppl doing last boss lockout and complain about GotM's length.

The playerbase spoke for us. If ppl still found them fun we wouldn't lose so many players

The players left because of multiple reasons. Too hard conent was none of them. Stop projecting your own bad mind set on everybody else claiming they left because they thought the same. FFS, most peolple i know left because the content was too easy, they cleared within weeks after it came out, had nothing to do anymore and got borred. You are talking plain bs.

The players left because of multiple reasons. Too hard conent was none of them. Stop projecting your own bad mind set on everybody else claiming they left because they thought the same. FFS, most peolple i know left because the content was too easy, they cleared within weeks after it came out, had nothing to do anymore and got borred. You are talking plain bs.

The problem is not it being too hard, but "8 men raid that require long time to form/stable raid guild and take long time to beat" is outdated design, it's not the only way to create challenge as well.

It would be fine if we got a lot of resources to release a lot of other content with them, but no. They don't even have the resource to release a complete ops in months. So neither the raid base nor the casuals are pleased with it. Real hardcore raiders have never been a solid base from the beginning, not to say years without new content to challenge. As for the old content, of course ppl would just want quick run and grab rewards because they are not fun to run for years.

If ppl prefer hard content, why didn't I see ppl running HM and NIM more than SM? Why did non EV/KP HM and NIM only become popular in 3.0 when you got the level advantage? SWTOR has never been a hardcore game, its main target is always the casuals. Even WOW's peak was a WotLK, where it was most casual friendly with certain challenging content. It's not like there aren't hardcore MMO attempt these years, WildStar was one of them and it failed badly compare to SWTOR.

Edited by Slowpokeking

The players left because of multiple reasons.

^This. Slow you're projecting your own mindset onto the game's playerbase over and over.

No no no, this is not a gamble at all, THIS is what the current player base want, most of the SWTOR players are never hardcore raiders, they want short content, this is why even in ops we saw ppl doing last boss lockout, why EV and KP HM are much more popular than other HMs.

Even at the ops peak of SWTOR, the 2.0 era, they had to stop making Nightmare mode ops due to not worthy compare to the ppl doing it.

No this is a gamble, stop projecting, players want more content, whether or not what kind of content varies from each of it but the majority can agree the problem is the release of said content. One person might want more pvp, other wants more fps, other wants raid yadah yadah yadah, the playerbase is more complex than just "we want faster content" but I think all segments of it are in agreement of "we need MORE content".

Multiplayer is good, focusing on big raid is not one, especially they don't have the resource to release a raid content in time.

Ben would have done better if he truly care about casuals by not blostering all the content to top level and force ppl to have level sync, without adjusting all the contents..

Again they're not exactly focusing on raids, they're likely releasing it, Keith is doing a jack of all trades kind of deal with mutliplayer content, we get new warzone new fp and a raid, heck they even gave up on doing master mode for it so they can work on something new, if the game had only released GOTM then yeah I'd agree with you.

Doesn't matter, they are wayyy too old, raiders got bored of them, ordinary ppl got bored of SM and most of them still got blocked by HM, thanks to Ben.

I'm not even going to bother arguing against your point anymore, you clearly think just because it's old it's suddenly boring and worthless so whatever.

The playerbase spoke for us. If ppl still found them fun we wouldn't lose so many players.

The corridor was a joke in SM with zero difficulty. And DF doesn't have long run like GotM.

Again stop projecting, we're not losing players just because of the content, the lack of it affects way more as an MMO needs new content. Yet people still died there as I recall. It mostly certainly did when people failed to do Draxus or Brontes.

SWTOR went F2P largely due to its format was already going downhill in 2011, even WOW has past its peak, and we got 7 years passed.

Yeah again raiding isn't the sole focus of it, multiplayer content is which includes raiding. And again you're really oversimplifying the situation here, people quit back then for a myriad of reasons.

^This. Slow you're projecting your own mindset onto the game's playerbase over and over.

I didn't, I took long time to observe on the most popular server.

No this is a gamble, stop projecting, players want more content, whether or not what kind of content varies from each of it but the majority can agree the problem is the release of said content. One person might want more pvp, other wants more fps, other wants raid yadah yadah yadah, the playerbase is more complex than just "we want faster content" but I think all segments of it are in agreement of "we need MORE content".

This isn't. Most of the ppl want quick and repeatable content instead of raid content with strict rules. Raid has past its prime for a long long while. This game's NO.1 selling point was never raid as well. WHY should raid be the focus then?

And obviously the current way doesn't hold up raiders at all, who wants to wait for months to get ONE new encounter? It took 1 year+1 month for them to finish GotM.

Again they're not exactly focusing on raids, they're likely releasing it, Keith is doing a jack of all trades kind of deal with mutliplayer content, we get new warzone new fp and a raid, heck they even gave up on doing master mode for it so they can work on something new, if the game had only released GOTM then yeah I'd agree with you.

They are, other than the FPs and 1 SH, nearly all we are getting is the raid content with slow pace. Raid content cost much more than other kind of content as well, that's why it's a gamble.

I'm not even going to bother arguing against your point anymore, you clearly think just because it's old it's suddenly boring and worthless so whatever.

It's not "suddenly" boring, it's boring when you have run them for many many times. Ppl either have run them for years or were never interested in them at all. If you took 3 and a half year with stable group and still can't beat one content, then raid isn't for you.

It doesn't mean they are bad, they are too old and could not keep most of the players there. The only reason ppl would run them is for the easy reward.

Again stop projecting, we're not losing players just because of the content, the lack of it affects way more as an MMO needs new content. Yet people still died there as I recall. It mostly certainly did when people failed to do Draxus or Brontes.

Yeah again raiding isn't the sole focus of it, multiplayer content is which includes raiding. And again you're really oversimplifying the situation here, people quit back then for a myriad of reasons.

We are, just look at the fleet, even the remaining majority is only interested in quick and easy content. Most of the raiders are gone. So that means a large percent of the content were wasted because it's too old to the intended target and was too hard to the others, thanks to both Ben and Keith.

It is compare to the others, raid cost more money to develop and require a big amount of ppl doing it to keep it alive, if it doesn't attract the majority then it's a bad direction to go.

Edited by Slowpokeking

We are, just look at the fleet, even the remaining majority is only interested in quick and easy content. Most of the raiders are gone. So that means a large percent of the content were wasted because it's too old to the intended target and was too hard to the others, thanks to both Ben and Keith.

Ok, i fear we got a reading comprehension problem here now.

We already went through that, didnt we?

The raiders left because they ran the "hardest" content over and over again and there was just nothing left to do.

Making the existing SM content even more easier does NOT(!!!) bring back those raiders. Instead it gives casual players the feeling they could beat any content without any effort, making them cry for nerfs AGAIN when trying hardmode and get manhandled by the "hard" content, forcing the devs to nerf existing hardmodes too and releasing easier hardmodes in the future. Untill the only serious raiders left in the game get borred as well, cause there is no challenge for them now, reducing player base again - downward spiral. As i said, we already went through that. If you dont understand that concecpt, we cant help you and i feel honestly bad for you. But please stop talking bs.

In short: Players are leaving anyway. But too hard/long OPs are NOT the main reason, never were and never will be.

Edited by mrphstar

Ok, i fear we got a reading comprehension problem here now.

We already went through that, didnt we?

The raiders left because they ran the "hardest" content over and over again and there was just nothing left to do.

Exactly! Which means these content(most of the HM and NIM) have been in a very stupid position thanks to Ben's idea to bloster them up.

The raiders got bored of them and left.

The casuals still got blocked by its difficulty, they didn't bother to do them for years, they aren't gonna do them years later.

So these contents simply become wasted other than a few (less and less) groups running them.

Making the existing SM content even more easier does NOT(!!!) bring back those raiders.

I'm not talking about bring them back, they aren't gonna come back either way, so why should the dev care about them?

Instead it gives casual players the feeling they could beat any content without any effort, making them cry for nerfs AGAIN when trying hardmode and get manhandled by the "hard" content, forcing the devs to nerf existing hardmodes too and releasing easier hardmodes in the future.

They are the majority of the remaining groups now, WHY shouldn't the developers follow their needs and open more content to them? You are not going to grab the raiders and you want to lose the other end as well? Do you think it's smart marketing?

Untill the only serious raiders left in the game get borred as well, cause there is no challenge for them now, reducing player base again - downward spiral. As i said, we already went through that. If you dont understand that conecpt, we cant help you and i feel honestly bad for you. But please stop talking bs.

99% of the serious raider have already left the game because there is no enough content for them to challenge. Bad argument here.

Tell me, as a serious raider, WHY should you stay when there has only been ONE new ops released since SoR if we don't count in the Monolith sole encounter? HOW COME those "ancient" ops didn't bore you already? There are tons of other games with more raid update, why did you stick on this game, which was NEVER intended to focus on raid?

The raider playerbase is already gone, even if some had stayed, most of the current has already bored them, it doesn't matter you change them or not, if you keep them there, you simply lose both ends and that's not something this game would be good to have.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Why should serious raiders care about old content and GotM SM?

Serious raiders would have already run the old ones over and over again and got bored already, none of the content should be hard or challenging to them anymore unless they are really bad raiders. If any serious raider find GotM SM still "challenging", it only means they are not really good. Also there are GotM HM for them, I never mention about nerf it. That's for the raiders.

In truth, some of these ppl only care about "I got bored of it, I don't find it fun anymore, but YOU ARE STILL NOT GOING TO GET IT HAHAHA" and some of them are doing the sale run, big money to them.

Edited by Slowpokeking

people in general want to have challenging but not frustating operation and long time to finish it and get rewarded by the end of it

1 hour or 1.30 hour is top in my opinion since most people play this game as casual in an ops

forming in fleet for this ops alone can take anywahere from 30-45 min and running it takes another 3 hours , i think that not a definition of fun , and if devs make an ops and people rarely play it, its a failure imho

there is HM version for people which need harder content

so lets sign petition to NERF it

thanks

people in general want to have challenging but not frustating operation and long time to finish it and get rewarded by the end of it

1 hour or 1.30 hour is top in my opinion since most people play this game as casual in an ops

forming in fleet for this ops alone can take anywahere from 30-45 min and running it takes another 3 hours , i think that not a definition of fun , and if devs make an ops and people rarely play it, its a failure imho

there is HM version for people which need harder content

so lets sign petition to NERF it

thanks

Pretty much.

Exactly! Which means these content(most of the HM and NIM) have been in a very stupid position thanks to Ben's idea to bloster them up.

The raiders got bored of them and left.

The casuals still got blocked by its difficulty, they didn't bother to do them for years, they aren't gonna do them years later.

So these contents simply become wasted other than a few (less and less) groups running them.

I'm not talking about bring them back, they aren't gonna come back either way, so why should the dev care about them?

They are the majority of the remaining groups now, WHY shouldn't the developers follow their needs and open more content to them? You are not going to grab the raiders and you want to lose the other end as well? Do you think it's smart marketing?

99% of the serious raider have already left the game because there is no enough content for them to challenge. Bad argument here.

Tell me, as a serious raider, WHY should you stay when there has only been ONE new ops released since SoR if we don't count in the Monolith sole encounter? HOW COME those "ancient" ops didn't bore you already? There are tons of other games with more raid update, why did you stick on this game, which was NEVER intended to focus on raid?

The raider playerbase is already gone, even if some had stayed, most of the current has already bored them, it doesn't matter you change them or not, if you keep them there, you simply lose both ends and that's not something this game would be good to have.

Jesus. Should have realized earlier. I'm sorry that i'm so stupid. Its like I try to discuss economic theories with a 5 year old. Shouldnt expect much.

Honestly hope you gonna get help soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Why do people constantly call for a nerf on some things that might require a bit more skill. Instead of trying to figure out how you can improve, you run to the forums and say nerf this and that.

While I haven't done this operation yet I will not be one to claim that it needs nerf. We have a lot of things that are pretty simple but there should be some things that present a challenge. I guess I am used to when things are a bit difficult I try to figure out what I should be doing instead of making it easier. I would think if you would do that and then complete it you would feel a sense of achievement as you defeated a challenge.

Why do people constantly call for a nerf on some things that might require a bit more skill. Instead of trying to figure out how you can improve, you run to the forums and say nerf this and that.

While I haven't done this operation yet I will not be one to claim that it needs nerf. We have a lot of things that are pretty simple but there should be some things that present a challenge. I guess I am used to when things are a bit difficult I try to figure out what I should be doing instead of making it easier. I would think if you would do that and then complete it you would feel a sense of achievement as you defeated a challenge.

Do it then.

Do it then.

Yesterday I was playing on Star Forge for PVP and I could see multiple groups being formed and specifically checked the instance and there were over 40 ppl doing the ops so no idea why you get the impression that its not being formed from fleet.

Two things :

- Lack of explanation in-game by the devs.

- Training. Current gaming meta is action games, no brain included, please, except for kill farming. Blizzard started this fashion long ago with their Action-RPGs. None of these trained gamers would touch D:OS with a ten-feet-pole.

What "the industry" did can be seen on the meta level as some kind ofysocial experiment : Train their reflexes, train their greed, but don't train their brains.

Two things :

- Lack of explanation in-game by the devs.

- Training. Current gaming meta is action games, no brain included, please, except for kill farming. Blizzard started this fashion long ago with their Action-RPGs. None of these trained gamers would touch D:OS with a ten-feet-pole.

What "the industry" did can be seen on the meta level as some kind ofysocial experiment : Train their reflexes, train their greed, but don't train their brains.

Couldnt agree more, well said.