Add a feature that will "Make SWTOR great again!"

Hebruixe

We all know what the complaints and criticisms are. Most of it is very old news. Let's try something more constructive than "XYZ is bad, I hate XYZ."

You can add 1 new feature to SWTOR. It can be as simple or complex as you wish. Please begin with a short summary.

Explain your idea as if Bioware is listening and you are pitching it to them.

My feature (borrowed from a thread

in the suggestion box):

Companion Alts

-Players can designate their alts as companions.

-Companion alts can be summoned just like NPC companions.

-They retain all cosmetic customizations. Their combat abilities are based on their class, and function just like the combat abilities of NPC companions. Combat effectiveness is based on influence, just like it is with NPC companions. Gift preference is based on class. (E.g., vanguards like weapons, smugglers like underworld goods, all republic classes like republic memorabilia, etc.)

-Players are now slightly happier with SWTOR

Modding support (even if it's purely client side)

There are so many time where i think "ooo, that looks good but is ruined by that one thing..." (usually ludicrous shoulder pads or some other extraneous addition to an armour set)

Hell, I'd settle for making discussing game file modding for non-cheating purposes legal on the forums.

Also, I realize that the title is probably just for fun but you're probably asking for trouble/trolling using that particular quote.

For me.

I love to decorate so I would say do away with the hooks in the strongholds and give us free form decorating (SWG had that). There were commands to raise an item xx amount and rotate. You could even place a fountain in the ceiling and turn it a certain way and bingo you have a shower. I created many different types of decorations by using the free form, even to the point on some of my doors there were rugs on the doors giving a different type of look to the house.

Heck, just a generic custom companion that you can build like the character creator would be a huge step in the right direction. Set up appearance just like character creator, and choose what weapon type you want them to use. Bingo bango, I'd buy dozens of those in the Cartel Market.

I’d give you the ability to replay any mission (including replaying your class story) with a difficulty slider akin to the ones on the FE/ET chapters that grant additional rewards at higher difficulties. Any story arc missions (ex. class stories, planetary arcs) would have to be replayed from the beginning of the arc (class story might be divided by chapter).

Perhaps even create level 70 instances for each planet for the open world missions.

This wouldn’t require any additional voice acting or new art assets and could be introduced in stages (say everything on the starter worlds, only tuned to the difficulties of the Traitor arc flashpoints... then everything on the capital worlds... then just work your way up each story arc with major update (i.e. Pub Taris/Imp Balmorra, Nar Shada, Tattooine, etc.).

Stronghold locations that exist within the actual game world. Instead of them being completely separate locations.

Have like 5 or 6 different locations on all of the different worlds you can have Strongholds on and then have them simply accessed through the same instancing used for story quests. If not that then atleast have maybe 'residential zones' on the worlds you can get a speeder too. That then contains a bunch of Strongholds and you can mingle with your neighbors, invite people over in a more fluid less jarring way than just 'teleporting' then there.

It would make RP so much more immersive and also help the game world feel far more lived in and actually active. Currently i find everything seems a bit too static and dead behind the eyes.

Oh and another thing i have noticed a lot in my months playing SWTOR, world PvP is basically non-existent. I believe this is because there really is no incentive or fun things and challenges to actually do. Like it;s basically impossible as far as i;m aware for factions to really invade eachothers planets and the amount of actually contested areas is extremely limited and even on planets that are apparently warzones, oftentimes they'll be completely different versions of the same planet or each faction has segregated zones away from eachother all at different levels.

I'd want more crossover with the places factions quest so people do have more chance to PvP in world if they want too, invade opposing factions bases etc. Some rewards or incentives to doing this also would help. Not sure exactly but yeah, just something that makes world PvP have a purpose and more enjoyable.

Sliders for body types and facial structure/complexity. More hairstyles and especially more and better facial hairstyles instead of the mostly goofy ones we have. There's too many identical looking characters around.

Sliders for body types and facial structure/complexity. More hairstyles and especially more and better facial hairstyles instead of the mostly goofy ones we have. There's too many identical looking characters around.

Probably way too late for sliders in character design. It would have been great to be able to make normal bodies or short and fat, tall and skinny, etc... Not everybody had to be ripped. The most important part of a game is the content. But I think game developers just don't realize how much the player base likes uniqueness in character creation..

Oh and another thing i have noticed a lot in my months playing SWTOR, world PvP is basically non-existent. I believe this is because there really is no incentive or fun things and challenges to actually do. Like it;s basically impossible as far as i;m aware for factions to really invade eachothers planets and the amount of actually contested areas is extremely limited and even on planets that are apparently warzones, oftentimes they'll be completely different versions of the same planet or each faction has segregated zones away from eachother all at different levels.

I'd want more crossover with the places factions quest so people do have more chance to PvP in world if they want too, invade opposing factions bases etc. Some rewards or incentives to doing this also would help. Not sure exactly but yeah, just something that makes world PvP have a purpose and more enjoyable.

This is hopeless. OWPvP could be fixed, but it would mean stepping on other peoples' gameplay. I've outlined what it would take to resurrect OWPvP a couple of times. I've never gotten a positive response even once. Posters in the PvP forums care about nothing but queue times.

Those of us who consider lore important need a place to go, now that unranked is ruined. OWPvP could provide the desired lorewar...but it's hopeless. So, we wander into the unsub desert...............:csw_crawler:

Edited by sayNih

A dps meter in game, so folks can actually see how good they are without having to download a 3rd party program. So many folks complain about bosses being too hard, pvp matches unfair, classes too weak, etc. Without realizing that they are just not playing their classes correctly. If there was an in game way to track this it would solve so many problems. Edited by LordTurin

A dps meter in game, so folks can actually see how good they are without having to download a 3rd party program. So many folks complain about bosses being too hard, pvp matches unfair, classes too weak, etc. Without realizing that they are just not playing their classes correctly. If there was an in game way to track this it would solve so many problems.

We are not truly being ignored, until our point...proven we have. :csw_yoda:

Edited by sayNih

I admit, the alts as NPC would be great.

Being able to keep my companions global appearance but being able to only change their hairstyle could be nice too. It's nice to be able to customize them but, they change too much, they don't even look like them anymore (wich can be nice but changing only the hairstyle would be enough for me actually)

Being able to replay all the story content from the prolog of the class story to the Nathema Conspiracy (and latter even beyond that) without having to recreate a lvl 1 character would be perfect for me.

I'd like a stronghold on Zakuul or on Alderaan too.

This is hopeless. OWPvP could be fixed, but it would mean stepping on other peoples' gameplay. I've outlined what it would take to resurrect OWPvP a couple of times. I've never gotten a positive response even once. Posters in the PvP forums care about nothing but queue times.

Those of us who consider lore important need a place to go, now that unranked is ruined. OWPvP could provide the desired lorewar...but it's hopeless. So, we wander into the unsub desert...............:csw_crawler:

Yeah but aren't there now like dedicated PvE and PvP versions of each world? So if you don't want to OWPvP por just focus on the stories just set yourself as PvE and ignore other players.

A lack of world PvP really hampers players creating their own rivalries and stories and memories. Other than 'oh i queued up specifically for this PvP. I'd be happy to settle for specific places in the galaxy where there are world PvP objectives. Make it a part of the conquest system. Like world PvP king of the hill type things where you can capture points on the overworld for your faction. Fight over them, that kind of thing. Take inspiration from WoW world PvP events/objectives some places have.

It is a shame that after so many years there is still no new bodytype between 2 and 3 for male players. 2.5 is urgently needed since years.

I disagree, I feel the adventurers and heroes are more in need of a body type 5 at this point.

After many years the heroes we play have aged, eat less healthily, have families/companions slowing them down, life in general just way more stressful. All of these and many more factors undoubtedly would have a much more unhealthy affect on the heroes physical forms, most being added weight gain.

It's just natural this would occur.

At the chagrin of Joonbeams and others, imo we need heftier sized leaping/somersaulting jedi/tech users!

1. Class ship strongholds. Enable us to decorate our ships and invite other players to it like with strongholds.

2. A dye system like the one in Elder Scrolls Online; when you have a dye unlocked you can add it to any outfit.

3. Hide Hood option, or a head gear that just hides the hood and shows nothing else.

In that order.

Edited by Inzuher

Yeah but aren't there now like dedicated PvE and PvP versions of each world? So if you don't want to OWPvP por just focus on the stories just set yourself as PvE and ignore other players.

A lack of world PvP really hampers players creating their own rivalries and stories and memories. Other than 'oh i queued up specifically for this PvP. I'd be happy to settle for specific places in the galaxy where there are world PvP objectives. Make it a part of the conquest system. Like world PvP king of the hill type things where you can capture points on the overworld for your faction. Fight over them, that kind of thing. Take inspiration from WoW world PvP events/objectives some places have.

Instanced PvP zones are a guaranteed failure. It's called 'ostracism', a form of capital punishment in many cultures. All MMO content must be seen and visible to the general population to succeed. New players are recruited when they see a fight going on. Small fights turn into wars. That's how it works. That's why WOW is getting rid of their PvP servers, and going to a flag system. Open-World does not mean hiding in an instance, or stronghold.

I also suggested tying WPvP into conquest, mostly to funnel the fights into one planet. I asked that one conquest planet be designated a PvP zone, and it's PVE instance disabled during the event. Now at this point we can see, this would step on other players' gameplay. The big lockout-spamming conquest guilds won't like that, and their voice means a lot more than some renegade PvPer's.