Fallen Empire: Chapter XI Disavowed (speak to Theron Shan) bug

Hampamatta

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed something here, not knowing if this helps investigate the issue, but if you look at your companion list before you try to start the chapter. Look at Theron. He is not available and it already says he has left alliance and you have a bounty on him, he is mad how you treated Koth.. So it seems the somehow progressed the story too far in advance so you cant talk to him if he is already gone.

There it is, no amount of resetting will help

guess this is the place to say I'm having the same problem and add a complaint....:(more of an annoyance tbh, for those of us that play swtor predominantly for the pve story aspect rather than pvp, it does put a 'spanner' in the works for progress and advancement.

Shouldn't these issues be ironed out in the pts before an update?

guess this is the place to say I'm having the same problem and add a complaint....:(more of an annoyance tbh, for those of us that play swtor predominantly for the pve story aspect rather than pvp, it does put a 'spanner' in the works for progress and advancement.

Shouldn't these issues be ironed out in the pts before an update?

Didn't Keith recently say that I think that they don't PTS story aspects of the game? They wait until we (the players) find & raise issues then they attempt to fix them.

I'm really disappointed to read about as I just created yet another alt and was planning on killing Koth this time - but it looks like he'll have to remain alive now (boo) just so I can complete kotfe. Someone has also posted an issue about not being able to complete kotet chapter 9 too so it looks like they've stuck to fingers up to the story lovers. :mad: No dev post to acknowledge this about this (not even the Serverdroid) and nothing in tomorrow's patch so I won't be holding my breath for a quick fix.

I can confirm that 5.9a did NOT fix it, it's still doing the same thing as before.

Can anyone try to see if replaying chapter X and not blowing up the city will fix it?

it's a real shame that Dark Side players can't play through the whole story anymore but I can't think of anything else.

Yep.. still no fix as of today.. And tickets are going unanswered. Apparently it was more important to screw up conquest even more than before than fix issues like this.

Naah it was more importend for them to fix that the Gravestone still are hanging outside of your Odeasen base after it was the destroyed during the last story mode flashpoint... *sighs*

i come back after years, subbing, spending money on this game, just to get f*ed in the behind on my first character that cant play the main part (story) i came back for and they dont have time to fix this MAJOR bug asap? what a shame....

Dropping my sub for a couple of months. I'll come back to this thread to see if it's fixed. This is unprofessional. I cannot believe I spent so much REAL money on Cartel Coins for my character, all to get brick walled by BioWare's bugs. This is the last time that will happen.

Dropping my sub for a couple of months. I'll come back to this thread to see if it's fixed. This is unprofessional. I cannot believe I spent so much REAL money on Cartel Coins for my character, all to get brick walled by BioWare's bugs. This is the last time that will happen.

It would be far less irritating if the Devs would give us an acknowledgement that they are aware and a fix is being worked on. Is it really that hard Devs? I miss Eric! He would have had our backs on this I'm sure.

• Dev Post
Hi everyone... I HAVE A WORKAROUND THAT WORKS!

Start Disavowed. As soon as it starts, you'll be in the command center with the eternally-hanging chat bubble.

Hit ESCAPE to get out of that.

Immediately turn around and go to the elevator leading out of the command center (back up to outdoors Odessen). Take the elevator up to the first floor.

While unmounted, run out... right before you get to the green instance boundary with the outside, it SHOULD launch you back into Disavowed... and at that time you should be able to continue with the actual Disavowed start up cutscene!

I have made this work on two characters so make sure you pay attention to the instructions above to the letter. Good luck!

Note that we currently believe this workaround will only work if Koth is still present in the story. In the meantime, we have a fix in progress for this issue and are aiming to include it in patch 5.9.1, releasing May 22nd. Thanks damonskye for helping your fellow players out, and to everyone for helping us get to the root of the issue!

Note that we currently believe this workaround will only work if Koth is still present in the story. In the meantime, we have a fix in progress for this issue and are aiming to include it in patch 5.9.1, releasing May 22nd. Thanks damonskye for helping your fellow players out, and to everyone for helping us get to the root of the issue!

So we won't be compensated for 20 days that this has taken? Maybe I need to call CS directly.

More then 2 Weeks of waiting time. Thats ist not ok. We pay for Storymode and the rest. This is not a little problem, its impossible to play the other storylines too. Sorry but any other publisher is able to solve the problem with a hotfix.

But you guys need a whole Patch, really?!

I want my money back, the new month hast started a week ago. So 60% of this month is lost.

Edited by Zelenka

And will you do anything to compensate the people who literally cannot play the game now for 20 odd days? Its pretty angering.

This is actually embarrassing. A critical game progression bug taking weeks to fix. I mean surely your joking.

Of course he's joking, and don't call him Shirley.

Edited by Saregon

So..um dev's could we get at least an extension on the double cxp and exp ? I mean the scoreboard for customer service is a bit lacking and i wont even go in to the fact that most of the community is ignored . But it would be nice if we could get some relief from the complete utter grind feast that has been given to us.:D

Yay an acknowledgement! That's good enough for me. Meanwhile I will create another character to romance Theron. For research ;) And maybe another Warrior to romance Quinn. Also for research :p (p.s. any Quinn fixes incoming? He's still not customised in Iokath).

Are you flipping serious ? Why didn't you include it on the May 10 patch ? Dozens of subscribed players like myself are stuck because of this stupid tiny bug and you guys are taking 10 days to fix?? Unbelievable... what a sh^t show you guys are..

I know exactly what they must do to resolve the problem. They can do that easily with a normal Hotfix. They don't need a whole patch for that.

But sure they want fix/patch other things so they do that then all in 5.9.1.... an let wait us all more then 2 weeks and 12,99euro down the drain....... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Same issue - raised a ticket over a week ago and didn’t even get a reply from customer services. Found this post which is promising, but like many others will have been unable to play this character for three weeks. I just paid for two months of game time to finish the storyline and am left twiddling my thumbs. Bit poor after investing nearly 90 hours and lots of subscription money in a character.