Fallen Empire: Chapter XI Disavowed (speak to Theron Shan) bug

Hampamatta

i cant progress this mission at all due to getting stuck in conversation loading for ever. i googled this issue and found a 2 year old post with same issue and they suggested that having Theron Shan as an active companion was causing the bug, so dismissing him would solve it.

but there in lies the problem, i dont have him as an active follower, in the matter of fact i CANT as he is locked as a contact. but i still tried using diffrent companions dismissing them resetting the chapter all together, resetting the local phase. restarting the game.

i just dont know what to do anymore, i cant progress this story at all at the moment and that just plainly sucks.

-Edit. Cause of issue seems to be koth leaving the alliance and thusly creates a conflict in the code during the "speak to Theron Shan" part of the quest after speaking to Tora outside.

Edited by Hampamatta

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bug from 5.9, a lot of people seems to have it, for me its on all my 26 characters. he's only locked when 2 conditions are fulfilled: you are on odessen and chapter XI is active, if only one of them is fulfilled he is not locked to contacts.

Just great. Now that there is cxp event and its weekend it breaks.

Knowing Bioware it will likely take anywhere from a week to a month to fix.

There better be a compensation for this - it's wasting my sub time and cxp event time.

Hi everyone... I HAVE A WORKAROUND THAT WORKS!

Start Disavowed. As soon as it starts, you'll be in the command center with the eternally-hanging chat bubble.

Hit ESCAPE to get out of that.

Immediately turn around and go to the elevator leading out of the command center (back up to outdoors Odessen). Take the elevator up to the first floor.

While unmounted, run out... right before you get to the green instance boundary with the outside, it SHOULD launch you back into Disavowed... and at that time you should be able to continue with the actual Disavowed start up cutscene!

I have made this work on two characters so make sure you pay attention to the instructions above to the letter. Good luck!

Edited by damonskye

Nope, I can just run out.. Running back means the bug again.

Your previous workaround also did not work for me as starting the new chapter meant me being locked out of the war room. Thanks for the effort though! Nice to know someone cares :)

The suggestion does not work because starting conversation for me is with Tora.

And after we talked I'm no longer at the base - I'm outside of the green zone.

And after I go back & try to talk with Theron - there is unstopable "dialog" because there no Theron.

Also tried your previous suggestion - didn't work for me too

Edited by Armoriel

Try resetting the chapter entirely from your quest list. Disavowed starts with a chat between your character and Theron in the command center, NOT with Tora.

Then go to Odessen. THEN go into Chapters and launch the chapter.

It worked on two characters for me... two in different chapter spots: one that was at just prior to starting Disavowed, the other someone I went back to. So it does work.

Also for those wondering, in an earlier version of my post I mentioned swapping chapters. Do a chapter swap and then swap it back, but stay in the command center. That's what originally worked for me too.

Edited by damonskye

Try resetting the chapter entirely from your quest list. Disavowed starts with a chat between your character and Theron in the command center, NOT with Tora.

Then go to Odessen. THEN go into Chapters and launch the chapter.

It worked on two characters for me... two in different chapter spots: one that was at just prior to starting Disavowed, the other someone I went back to. So it does work.

I assume Koth Vortena is active companion on both chars & didn't left in previous chapter (the reason why it starts for me from dialog with Tora)

I assume Koth Vortena is active companion on both chars & didn't left in previous chapter (the reason why it starts for me from dialog with Tora)

Swap to a different companion after you change chapters? (I did have Koth though...)

Swap to a different companion after you change chapters? (I did have Koth though...)

You do not undestand. Because of the plot & my decisions Koth left me (at least for now) & Tora wants to talk with me. After talk with her I need to talk with Theron - but after talking with Tora I'm not in the command centre.

Look for the right top of the window

http://i105.fastpic.ru/big/2018/0506/a4/_ed3474c5eb702371ae268af2e34cfca4.jpg

Edited by Armoriel

You do not undestand. Because of the plot & my decisions Koth left me (at least for now) & Tora wants to talk with me. After talk with her I need to talk with Theron - but after talking with Tora I'm not in the command centre.

If you have Skype I can show my exact actions via "Show Display", of course if you are interested.

Hey, I don't work for this game, I'm just a fellow player trying to help. Experiment a bit and see if you can come up with a solution... that's what I did.

Edited by damonskye

Hey, I don't work for this game, I'm just a fellow player trying to help. Experiment a bit and see if you can come up with a solution... that's what I did.

Sure)

Sorry if I push it to hard - didn't want to offend you =)

I just very angry that in Chapter Command Bonus day during the cxp event Biovare does not give a s**t about bug that makes it for me unplayble

Sure)

Sorry if I push it to hard - didn't want to offend you =)

I just very angry that in Chapter Command Bonus day during the cxp event Biovare does not give a s**t about bug that makes it for me unplayble

Trust me, I know. They have like 3 people who work there, so nothing surprises me. ;)

Hi everyone... I HAVE A WORKAROUND THAT WORKS!

Start Disavowed. As soon as it starts, you'll be in the command center with the eternally-hanging chat bubble.

Hit ESCAPE to get out of that.

Immediately turn around and go to the elevator leading out of the command center (back up to outdoors Odessen). Take the elevator up to the first floor.

While unmounted, run out... right before you get to the green instance boundary with the outside, it SHOULD launch you back into Disavowed... and at that time you should be able to continue with the actual Disavowed start up cutscene!

I have made this work on two characters so make sure you pay attention to the instructions above to the letter. Good luck!

Nah still not working, the bug still happens when you go back to the war room after talking to Tora