Fallen Empire: Chapter XI Disavowed (speak to Theron Shan) bug

Hampamatta

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as it seems everyone that is stuck has caused koth to leave. so its my assumption that its the cause.

Same for me, I could start Disavowed on my vanguard without problem, and she still has Koth as an active companion.

This is just to state that my husband is having this exact same trouble/woes, he took the dark side choice with Koth, speaks with Tora without a problem, and is then unable to speak with Theron afterwards, to trigger the Disavowed story. We've tried several different things, including to the suggestions in this post (and then realizing that the fix is for those that have not lost Koth). Just as another observation, Theron is not located in the War Room at any point, not sure if that has anything to do with anything, but 'escaping' out and trying to just talk to Theron is not an option, as he's simply not there! This is very frustrating. :)

Same here, i tried multiple "tricks" to get it to progress, nothing worked so far, countless resets, quick travels and so on... kinda annoying that i cant progress on my first char since I stopped playing when hutt cartel came out.

I have the exact same problem. My Koth left The Alliance because he was mad at me. And after talking to Tora about Koth, and can't talk to Theron to progress the story, Theron is not there. And when I enter the story instance, it just keeps loading and loading, and nothing happens.

Same problem as everyone else on my Assassin. Is BioWare going to address this or am I going to have to just abandon the character (and my sub at this point) that I spent over $100 on Cartel Coins on? I pay a lot of money and buy a lot of stuff and I know I'm not the only one. Could they for the love of god, hire a couple programmers? I'm sick to death of hearing about how small their budget is.

Can add my voice to this crowd... I have this bug as well on my dark side character.. Funny enough no more then yesterday I did this quest for no problem on a light side character. BUT when I tried to relaunch the chapter on that character she also got hung up on talking to Theron at the start..... Damn it!

Add me to the list. Stuck at this bug, searched for an answer, arrived here. Sith Assassin, Dark Side choices, can not proceed through the story. Theron is AWOL, stuck at the endless conversation loading bubbles over my character's head. Submitted bug report.

I tried for several hours yesterday, and a couple times just now and having the same issue. I went with a dark response in chapter X. Koth left, and now I get the infinite chat bubble with no Theron when I go to the war room

I received a reply from customer service today. I quote "The issue has been raised and it's now under investigation". Well then...

Ohh nice.. Then we just have to wait around THREE months or so before they get it fixed :p :P

Ohh nice.. Then we just have to wait around THREE months or so before they get it fixed :p :P

yeah this is very annoying....

anyone tried to replay all chapters with the choices that matter to avoid this bug? i mean at the rate this bug gets adressed i would be much faster off replaying the chapters.... then again, the choices really dont fit my juggernaut im playing right now. guess i have to level toons...

Hi everyone... I HAVE A WORKAROUND THAT WORKS!

Start Disavowed. As soon as it starts, you'll be in the command center with the eternally-hanging chat bubble.

Hit ESCAPE to get out of that.

Immediately turn around and go to the elevator leading out of the command center (back up to outdoors Odessen). Take the elevator up to the first floor.

While unmounted, run out... right before you get to the green instance boundary with the outside, it SHOULD launch you back into Disavowed... and at that time you should be able to continue with the actual Disavowed start up cutscene!

I have made this work on two characters so make sure you pay attention to the instructions above to the letter. Good luck!

Thank you for this. It worked. I still have Koth, though I don't know if that makes a difference.

This might work or it might not, but there is a story arc quest available now at this point in the game. (From Miot Dengd he is between the Military Hangar and the War Room) Not sure if they relate but it's worth a shot. :)

(Forget the Eternal Empire, the Eternal Speech Bubble is our true enemy!!)

Edited by mayilane

I also have this issue.

As with the rest of you, I finally took the chance to give Koth the boot (he should have never interrupted my make-out sesh with sith goddess Lana). A few earlier posts are under the impression Chapter XI begins already in the war room but this is not so; the other DS/Koth haters like me who destroyed the city on Zakuul begin outside the war room after a discussion with Tora about the rest of Hoth's crew remaining loyal to you. This is where our problem begins, when we enter the war room we are greeted by a never-ending chat bubble and a wait long enough that I took a shower while waiting, came back and found this forum, and typed this post and it's still just hanging over my characters head.

TL;DR - Dark side characters currently cannot progress through the story line and no posted work-around thus far has been successful. This is bad.

Edited by Ayasena

This just cropped up for me. The conditions appear to be Koth leaving, but his crew remaining loyal to you. I have playthroughs where Koth stayed and where he *and his crew* left with the Gravestone, and didn't encounter this bug. Resetting just brings me back to the conversation with Tora, and the bug kicks in when I go to the war room to talk to Theron. Not happy, Bioware.

EDIT: If this bug was introduced with 5.9, it might not matter whether or not Tora, et. el., stayed since my playthrough where they all left was before 5.9.

I submitted a bug report, but not a ticket to customer service. Can they actually do anything, or is a ticket to them a waste of electrons, as I suspect?

Edited by roadrunnerNM

yeah this is very annoying....

anyone tried to replay all chapters with the choices that matter to avoid this bug? i mean at the rate this bug gets adressed i would be much faster off replaying the chapters.... then again, the choices really dont fit my juggernaut im playing right now. guess i have to level toons...

You'd have to do the replay on a different character since your effective choices are locked after you do the chapter once for any given character. Besides, I like the outcome of getting rid of Koth but keeping his crew.

I noticed something here, not knowing if this helps investigate the issue, but if you look at your companion list before you try to start the chapter. Look at Theron. He is not available and it already says he has left alliance and you have a bounty on him, he is mad how you treated Koth.. So it seems the somehow progressed the story too far in advance so you cant talk to him if he is already gone.

This just cropped up for me. The conditions appear to be Koth leaving, but his crew remaining loyal to you. I have playthroughs where Koth stayed and where he *and his crew* left with the Gravestone, and didn't encounter this bug. Resetting just brings me back to the conversation with Tora, and the bug kicks in when I go to the war room to talk to Theron. Not happy, Bioware.

EDIT: If this bug was introduced with 5.9, it might not matter whether or not Tora, et. el., stayed since my playthrough where they all left was before 5.9.

I submitted a bug report, but not a ticket to customer service. Can they actually do anything, or is a ticket to them a waste of electrons, as I suspect?

Customer service can't do anything unfortunately, I created a ticket and that's what they told me in their reply. They ARE investigating it, but whether or not it will be solved after tomorrows maintenance remains to be seen... :rolleyes: