What happened to Koth?

Furtled

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Koth really does seem like he should have been in the Gravestone, at the very least. I was pretty happy with his role being swapped out for Hylo in End Times, feel like they should have done the same here. But even if they didn't want to give him any lines, they could have easily given him a quick emotional scene where he sadly looks around the Gravestone before getting into the escape pod.

Once they offer the chance to kill a comp, they can't have anymore generic plot lines including them or it creates a paradox for those who killed him.

They can add it for those that didn't. Not everyone kill Koth, some of us actually romanced him. They can do it just like they do for Arcann. I seriously doubt Arcann shows up for those that killed him so it is not just a generic plot.

Edited by casirabit

Once they offer the chance to kill a comp, they can't have anymore generic plot lines including them or it creates a paradox for those who killed him.

Which is a shame.

They should consider them alive and just remove them for those who killed them instead of considering them dead for everyone.

While I'm not Koth biggest fan and while he's clearly not my favorite companion, i still like him more than most of the vanilla companions and him having absolutely no involvement in a plot where he should at least have a silent cameo onboard the Gravestone and probably a letter too (enven more so if you romance him), is truly upsetting.

Edited by Goreshaga

They can add it for those that didn't. Not everyone kill Koth, some of us actually romanced him. They can do it just like they do for Arcann. I seriously doubt Arcann shows up for those that killed him so it is not just a generic plot.

This. Arcann and Senya were killable but they had fully voiced, major roles in the last two chapters of KOTET if you didn't kill them, and Arcann had the romance bit and now the small thing in the flashpoint. If they can give him that preferential treatment and write him into the main story in when he's dead for some, they should be able to do it for Koth and Theron as well.

It's only a paradox if he's alive and dead in the same character's story. Otherwise it follows on logically. Character killed Koth > Koth does not appear. Character didn't kill Koth > Koth appears. He can't be super important and irreplaceable in the plot but there's (theoretically) room between "plot revolves around this character" and "this character has been written out entirely."

It's only a paradox if he's alive and dead in the same character's story. Otherwise it follows on logically. Character killed Koth > Koth does not appear. Character didn't kill Koth > Koth appears. He can't be super important and irreplaceable in the plot but there's (theoretically) room between "plot revolves around this character" and "this character has been written out entirely."

Yeah, they did that in KotFE, right? I don't see why not here, but I also am not bothered by the absence of Koth. There are a lot of characters who didn't make an appearance.

Yeah, they did that in KotFE, right? I don't see why not here, but I also am not bothered by the absence of Koth. There are a lot of characters who didn't make an appearance.

I think it feels kind of worse with Koth because there are some obvious connections (the Gravestone, the villain's motivation) and he's the only Knights era/universal LI to not make an appearance. The equally killable Arcann got to show up but Koth didn't.

Plus, it was a big missed opportunity to have the Zakuulan characters involved with the last story set in the Knights era of things.

Senya wasn't there and she was a knight. All this talk about Koth and no one mentions being upset at not seeing Senya.

I'll admit that I couldn't care less about Senya, but she also was not a love interest. Koth was. Thus there's more attachment.

Also Koth was the one who was obsessive about the Gravestone.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Senya wasn't there and she was a knight. All this talk about Koth and no one mentions being upset at not seeing Senya.

The post above yours literally references multiple Zakuulan characters. I didn't say their names but I meant Senya, Arcann, and Koth. I've advocated throughout this thread having all three of them get something in regard to the plot and there was at least one other person doing the same.

But if anyone had to get cut - Senya isn't a romance option and doesn't have the same connections that would make sense for using Koth.

This is almost certainly the last bit of Zakuul-centric story, I feel like they should have had all the Zakuulan characters get something (I mean, there's a grand total of three of them - they could have managed something for the two who were totally left out).

I wish they'd used Koth and Senya (and even a little more Arcann would be nice) in the last story arc since it's the last time Zakuul will be relevant.

I think it feels kind of worse with Koth because there are some obvious connections (the Gravestone, the villain's motivation) and he's the only Knights era/universal LI to not make an appearance. The equally killable Arcann got to show up but Koth didn't.

Plus, it was a big missed opportunity to have the Zakuulan characters involved with the last story set in the Knights era of things.

Yeah, I can see your point. Still no great loss. But, it would have made sense to feature him.

Arcann showed up for a reason! I was planned to kill off Theron but Arcann showed up and remind me to consider to let Theron live like I gave him a change, Arcann got his point for that and changed my mind, I let Theron live. About Koth he's long dead in my story so there is no place for him in my story. Anyway, how BW ended the story is really bad written...Oh, well! At least it's done and we are moving on.... Edited by Xbladez

Arcann showed up for a reason! I was planned to kill off Theron but Arcann showed up and remind me to consider to let Theron live like I gave him a change, Arcann got his point for that and changed my mind, I let Theron live. About Koth he's long dead in my story so there is no place for him in my story.

Koth could've shown up for a reason: his strong connection to the Gravestone. And Arcann is dead for plenty of players (so has no place in their story). I don't feel like your distinction between these characters gives a strong enough reason for Koth's non-inclusion.

Arcann showed up for a reason! I was planned to kill off Theron but Arcann showed up and remind me to consider to let Theron live like I gave him a change, Arcann got his point for that and changed my mind, I let Theron live. About Koth he's long dead in my story so there is no place for him in my story. Anyway, how BW ended the story is really bad written...Oh, well! At least it's done and we are moving on....

For you there no place for Koth but for some of us there is and for some of us no place for Arcann either since some of us actually killed him so while Arcann got a spot in the story for some , Koth should have been given the same consideration as well.

I'm not sure...I used to defend him and believe in him, thinking he honestly wanted to improve this game and attract new players...nowadays, after over a year of nerfs, revamping old content solely to make it unenjoyable, I feel like all he wants to do is make this game worse for all of us until we just up and quit.

edit...my bad...I read KEITH, not Koth...sorry...ignore my post above.

I'm not sure...I used to defend him and believe in him, thinking he honestly wanted to improve this game and attract new players...nowadays, after over a year of nerfs, revamping old content solely to make it unenjoyable, I feel like all he wants to do is make this game worse for all of us until we just up and quit.

I have enjoyed some of the newer content. I just hope with the new expansion if we have newer toons that we can skip FE/ET if we wanted to. IF not I can just do the class stories I enjoy doing.

Though I keep picturing Koth sending a letter complaining that we let them destroy HIS SHIP.

This post isn't even about that...

I wonder if we will get letters from Senya or Koth at some point. Because they seemed to have disappeared before iokath.

I hope so, I was happy to see we got a letter from Arcann after Umbara and even had a short cutscene with him before going to Nathema. I don't mind having them just as background characters like Nico during a few of the cantina cutscenes, and them they just send you emails.