New Augments are a joke

Toraak

I saw an alacrity and a critical 48 Legendary schematic linked in guildcat (from the new FP). 80 Fort, 39 power, 99 alacrity. The material cost was 4 CMT (double the 236 cost), 3 EMC's (Triple the 236 cost), and 9 of the Radiant Bondar Synth Bonded attachments.

For the massive cost increase of these new 240 augments, the stat increase is a complete joke. It's a net gain of 4 endurance, 6 power, and 1 tertiary stat for doubling or tripling the material cost.

Edited by Toraak

I saw an alacrity and a critical 48 Legendary schematic linked in guildcat (from the new FP). 80 Fort, 39 power, 99 alacrity. The material cost was 4 CMT (double the 236 cost), 3 EMC's (Triple the 236 cost), and 9 of the Radiant Bondar Synth Bonded attachments.

For the massive cost increase of these new 240 augments, the stat increase is a complete joke.

What were you expecting? Triple or quadruple the 236s? I wasn't expecting a huge massive change between them and anyone who did well that's on them for setting themselves up for disappointment.

#1 rule, never set high expectations. I was never expecting them to have a high difference in stats and even before had no plans to upgrade to 240s.

Edited by Nightblazer

What were you expecting? Triple or quadruple the 236s? I wasn't expecting a huge massive change between them and anyone who did well that's on them for setting themselves up for disappointment.

#1 rule, never set high expectations. I'm both not surprised and even before had no plans to upgrade to 240s.

no, but at least add 20-30 power on them if your going to increase the cost of mats that much. They honestly aren't worth it compared to the 236's.

no, but at least add 20-30 power on them if your going to increase the cost of mats that much. They honestly aren't worth it compared to the 236's.

They said that they weren't for everyone, they were designed for the progression OPS for those that wanted to go Master Mode Izax, etc. They probably didn't want the massive change in stats to also affect PvP as well but that's just my assumption. Could be wrong.

Either way I am just going for my 236s and that's it. If I happen to get a few 240s here and there I will. Plus players didn't want them in-game anyway from all the posts I've been seeing so if the stats are that way, you don't have to bother going for them.

For the massive cost increase of these new 240 augments, the stat increase is a complete joke. It's a net gain of 4 endurance, 6 power, and 1 tertiary stat for doubling or tripling the material cost.

If that is the case then only the really hard core min/max people will even be going for them. They're not really going to sell on the GTN because they're going to have to go for a mint. Unless of course they excessively increase the component drop rates from crates etc. Hopefully that means the 236 will remain the GTN king.

If they do it ill unsub and leave the game. Ridiculous

I'm not saying they are or are not justified in adding new augments at the intervals they have been.

But, it's kinda standard MMO practice to always keep players on a seemingly endless gear hunt.

SWTOR's method of earning gear is tied to CXP. So, maybe its hard for them to introduce a new tier of gear WITHOUT adding another X levels of GC, which likely would rub a considerable number of players the wrong way. Perhaps, introducing new augments is the best thing they can do for gear because perhaps adding a new tier of gear is out of the question.

I would like to hold out hope that in 6.0, GC/CXP will be thrown out the window, but given how Kieth has said on record more than once something along the lines of he's fine with GC/CXP, I have next to no hope that GC/CXP is going anywhere.

It was pretty clear from the outset of knowing these were coming that they would offer marginal stat boosts, and like many mid-expac life cycle upgrades in MMOs ... they offer little incentive for anyone other then absolute min/maxers to chase. Notable jumps in stats within gear only come on major expansions.

Besides.. I really think you and Talon_strikes need to sit down and come to a meeting of the minds with respect to augment upgrades. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=948179 ;)

These sorts of things are NOT based on linear economics, so your wishes/demands are falling flat here. They simply fill a small niche for min/maxers who think they are more godly with a few extra points of stats here and there.... time/effort/resources being a non-factor for the min/maxer in many cases.

Besides.. nothing says you need to chase something in game, just because it's new and it's there. Everything time and effort related inside MMOs is a player assessed worth-it/not-worth-it exercise. Wishful thinking on the part of a disgruntled player does not factor into the exercise either.

Edited by Andryah

Eh.. I think it was a pretty silly call to add new augments again, now. I think the new augments are pretty silly on their own, with a negligible stat increase.

I figured the correct response to that would be to ignore them and go about my business. :eek:

If that is the case then only the really hard core min/max people will even be going for them.

Well, except that I did the story version of the FP and dropped two schematics...

Two? Yeah, two random idiots dropped schematics. One Absorb (Armormech) and one Redoubt (Synthweaving).

Two tank augments. On my Sorc. Um. My Biochemist Sorc.

Didn't they say the schematics would drop from Master mode?

I didn't expect anything other than a marginal stat increase, BUT I never thought the devs would be so dense as to expect people to spend over double the mats for the almost unnoticeable increase in performance these augments will yield when compared to 236s. I am glad I wont be grinding the flashpoint now though. :mad: . Picture a very rude hand gesture.

Didn't they say the schematics would drop from Master mode?

When I pushed for the clarification yes.. It is what Eric stated in one of the dev videos. So I'm surprised that they're dropping from Solo mode. Probably a bug or 'unintended feature'.. sorry.

I'm ok that they do, as I'd like to have the recipe even if I won't use it.

I guess it’s just a credit sink then. Pretty sneaky, if it is, I applaud the sneakiness

If that is the case then only the really hard core min/max people will even be going for them. They're not really going to sell on the GTN because they're going to have to go for a mint. Unless of course they excessively increase the component drop rates from crates etc. Hopefully that means the 236 will remain the GTN king.

good luck, most of the intelligent min/maxers have calculated that the new augments at best add 15-20 dps (for a complete set from 236 to 242) so in reality, completely random crit % will play a bigger role than if you have 236 or 242 augments equipped.

also, there was absolutely no need for better gear at this point for any class or spec (with exception of maybe the tanks who got nerfed and want to get their dps back up). All the checks in the game are ridiculously easy now with 248 gear and master mode balanced at 242.

They said that they weren't for everyone, they were designed for the progression OPS for those that wanted to go Master Mode Izax, etc. They probably didn't want the massive change in stats to also affect PvP as well but that's just my assumption. Could be wrong.

Either way I am just going for my 236s and that's it. If I happen to get a few 240s here and there I will. Plus players didn't want them in-game anyway from all the posts I've been seeing so if the stats are that way, you don't have to bother going for them.

By saying what they did they made is sound like they would be needed by people that wanted to defeat Izax, but with the small difference, they will make little to no difference in the Izax fight, so why did they bother making these in the first place?

People that I know think that they did it to troll us.

As for me, this is just another example of why I don't trust or believe them when they tell us things. They are not very good at telling the truth, or at least not good at telling the whole truth, and tend to intentionally mislead us instead.

The good thing is that now I know that I don't care about the new augments, and I will not have to replace the 236 versions that I already have.

When I pushed for the clarification yes.. It is what Eric stated in one of the dev videos. So I'm surprised that they're dropping from Solo mode. Probably a bug or 'unintended feature'.. sorry.

I'm ok that they do, as I'd like to have the recipe even if I won't use it.

In another thread, someone posted Eric's words. He said that they drop in the FP from any mob on a low chance, AND that in Master Mode they are a guaranteed drop from bosses. He didn't actually say that they *only* drop in Master.

They seemed pretty frequent drops from random mobs. Lots on the GTN now too. Picked up some for less than 10k.

With the minimal stat increase, conspiracy theory...devs are selling the augments and components to absorbs the overabundance of credits in game? ;)

-Ashur

They seemed pretty frequent drops from random mobs. Lots on the GTN now too. Picked up some for less than 10k.

With the minimal stat increase, conspiracy theory...devs are selling the augments and components to absorbs the overabundance of credits in game? ;)

-Ashur

If this is a credit sink, it's a fairly bad one. Most of the credits from people selling Augments or mats on the GTN go from one player to another. If they wanted this as a credit sink, they could have had them only able to be purchased from a vendor. (Not craftable at all).

In another thread, someone posted Eric's words. He said that they drop in the FP from any mob on a low chance, AND that in Master Mode they are a guaranteed drop from bosses. He didn't actually say that they *only* drop in Master.

I got my interpretation from these two spots. The Vulkk live stream.. (Didn't realize he had clarified it further elsewhere)

and patch notes.

Source 1 : 5.9 Patch Notes

"New Item Rating 240 Legendary Augment Schematics have been added to the game. You can acquire these Schematics from defeating bosses in the Nathema Flashpoint on Master Mode."