What's this item used for?

ImmortalLowlife

I just bought a "Hydro-Thinner" from a vendor on Hoth. It's a unique item used to remove ice from ships and other equipment. What exactly is it for?

It is used to unlock a datacron that is encased in Ice on Hoth. I believe it is for a matrix shard (the datacron), unless they have changed it... so you may not want/care about getting it. But, that's what the item is for.

Because apparently lightsabers and blasters wont melt ice.

About that, one little twitch, and Obi Wan lops off somebody's arm in the cantina.

Meanwhile, on my master jedi....

[Mob]: I will kill you!

[Me]: No, I will kill you! [vzzzzzzt] See! I have a light saber! Take that! And that! Why do you still live? Take that! And that! And that! why do you still have arms? Take that...

About that, one little twitch, and Obi Wan lops off somebody's arm in the cantina.

Meanwhile, on my master jedi....

[Mob]: I will kill you!

[Me]: No, I will kill you! [vzzzzzzt] See! I have a light saber! Take that! And that! Why do you still live? Take that! And that! And that! why do you still have arms? Take that...

Well in all fairness, there's still several millenia to go before Obi Wan wanders the wastes of Tatooine. Perhaps light saber technology has a few leaps before it reaches cutting edge technology. :p

It is used to unlock a datacron that is encased in Ice on Hoth. I believe it is for a matrix shard (the datacron), unless they have changed it... so you may not want/care about getting it. But, that's what the item is for.

Cool... thanks everybody! I'm pretty sure I never got the Hoth datacron, and I know I haven't gotten any of the shards except the one on Korriban. I'm probably gonna try and get em since there's not much else to do now.

Cool... thanks everybody! I'm pretty sure I never got the Hoth datacron, and I know I haven't gotten any of the shards except the one on Korriban. I'm probably gonna try and get em since there's not much else to do now.

Just be careful you don't burn your eye or face out with it. :p

As a side note in closing.... the term hydro-thinner is hilarious to me.

Hydro = water

Thinner = to make something thick less so.

Hydro-thinner = something that thins the consistency of ice until it is the viscosity of water. :D

Whereas... the entire planet of Hoth is a humongous Hydro-thickener. :p

Edited by Andryah