Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why not "Godslayer" instead of "Bane of Izax"?

I always expected them to go along with the lore.

Anyone who defied the gods was considered a demon and cast out. Valkorian claimed to be the 'Demon Savior of prophecy' since his plan was to go against the tradition of worshipping the gods and defeat them.

So I thought 'Demon Savior [Player Name]' would've been cool.

Pretty sure they don't even know their own lore, but I agree with you. It should have been Demon Savior not just "Bane of Izax"...

I sense much machismo here ...

So, you want to be THE ultimate force that even can slay gods ? Well, this sounds like an narcists wet dream to me ...

I am not sure how up-to-date you are with the current swtor storyline, but that is exactly what was just done, the entire pantheon is gone.

My thoughts? Keep Bane of Izax for killing him on HM, add Godslayer for a timed run (e.g 1-2 hours). Maybe add

"<name> Molten Fury " for Tyth or something. How about a stronghold decoration? A plaque that says something like <name> Slayer of Izax. have it similar to the stronghold window where you can chose which character owns which stronghold. Possibly a terminal on the fleet for special events like this, a Hall of Fame, having everyone that cleared the op before 5.9 on it, probably a dumb idea.

But seriously, Bane of Izax is a cheap title.

If not Godslayer then Superweapon Name title wouldn't be half as bad either, considering that every boss in VOTMG is a super weapon it's a fitting one. Bane of Izax is a real letdown Edited by Restoman

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.