How difficult is it to solo Master Flashpoints?

Loadsamonie

With a healer companion, of course. How difficult is it to solo one in general though? What quality of gear/influence is recommended to be able to do it?

I'm not sure since I've never tried it. My prediction it is very time ineffective since you need a tank with your healer companion. I solo played all kotfe/kotet story in Master except for one fight so I think a master fp is most likely possible as well (I'm pretty sure a master uprising is not) but there are better things to waste your time with I guess. :-)

I'm not sure since I've never tried it. My prediction it is very time ineffective since you need a tank with your healer companion. I solo played all kotfe/kotet story in Master except for one fight so I think a master fp is most likely possible as well (I'm pretty sure a master uprising is not) but there are better things to waste your time with I guess. :-)

The weekly for Masters gives a pretty sizable chunk of CXP.

It's still time inefficient to solo as you'd be doing a lot of kiting losing and burning down those hp pools takes time alone. Best get at least another player and use comps. Oh and stuff like hammer station probably can be done that way but the more advanced flashpoints not really (lost island lol)

It's still time inefficient to solo as you'd be doing a lot of kiting losing and burning down those hp pools takes time alone. Best get at least another player and use comps. Oh and stuff like hammer station probably can be done that way but the more advanced flashpoints not really (lost island lol)

I'd like to be able to do at least four on Master Solo:

-Taral V

-Maelstorm

-Hammer Station

-CZ-198

There are a few that can be done for sure. It helps to pick a stealth class because some of the mobs are harder to survive than a boss with no adds. Which brings me to tip #2: You want to pick FPs that have boss fights without adds (unless the boss is a nonfactor during an add phase). You need to know the mechanics and figure out how to best use heroic moment.

There are a few that can be done for sure. It helps to pick a stealth class because some of the mobs are harder to survive than a boss with no adds. Which brings me to tip #2: You want to pick FPs that have boss fights without adds (unless the boss is a nonfactor during an add phase). You need to know the mechanics and figure out how to best use heroic moment.

Do any of the bosses have Enrage timers that I need to worry about?

The handful that probably can be solo'ed arent really worth the effort to do so, especially since you can just take 2players+2companions and many more MM flashpoints (with a decent list of exceptions) become much more plausible to complete and in a realistic timeframe.

The biggest issue youll run into trying to solo is on Master Mode bosses have actual mechanics that the companions just simply cannot handle, and at times cannot heal through and theres a few enrages out there (I know at least a few of the CZ bosses enrage on Master)

MMs are tough. But at the very least can be Duo'd with a Tank and healer and two comps on dps if you both can control them to get out of stupid. Best FP to do this with would be HS. Fastest and less time consuming.

Yeah I think most, if not all, MM bosses have enrage timers. I think the addition of adds would be the number 1 reason why you might not beat the timer.

I've watched videos of people soloing MM FPs and they usually take a long time and sometimes die once or twice along the way, I've been able to solo Red Reaper MM with an Assassin in about 15-20 minutes (I can't remember exactly how long but vet mode takes about 10 minutes solo* )

*using stealth to avoid all the avoidable mobs. There is 1 mob that triggers near the beginning no matter what.

Well, what do you guys think. If I go in with a Level 50 companion set to heal and full 246-248 gear with full 228 augments, would most of them be doable? Would surviving Enrages be feasible?
I doubt you'll do any on the 1st try. You'll probably have to figure out a system for each boss fight and learn when to use CDs and legacy CDs and when to set your comp on passive and when to undo that setting. It won't be easy, but if you are persistent, you'll figure them out. Some fights are going to need taunts as well, most likely. There are a few that MM FPs won't be possible at all solo.

Well, what do you guys think. If I go in with a Level 50 companion set to heal and full 246-248 gear with full 228 augments, would most of them be doable? Would surviving Enrages be feasible?

Definitely not. Some vanilla ones - could be, depending on your skills. But not most of.

One of our guild solo'd all of them except for Lost Island, Manaan, and Blood Hunt...and the ones that have mechanics that require 4 members.

....but he's a beast. He healed us through Black Talon HM with 2 lvl 40 DPS and a lvl 40 companion to tank. We only wiped twice. No idea how he does it.

Have no idea how to solo Umbara or how many tries would it take to make heal companion not to stand in stupid on Master Oric or BoR Walker :D imo Czerka's Enhanced Duneclaw could be quite a pain as well. Edited by Txornisx

One of our guild solo'd all of them except for Lost Island, Manaan, and Blood Hunt...and the ones that have mechanics that require 4 members.

....but he's a beast. He healed us through Black Talon HM with 2 lvl 40 DPS and a lvl 40 companion to tank. We only wiped twice. No idea how he does it.

How many are actually left that he really solo'd? :-)

I killed all mafia bosses btw., except for those that are still alive. *grin*

Edited by Khaleg

I know it's probably a stupid question but how do you command a companion to stay put at one place? Looks like HK isn't moving at all, other when being grabbed, even when the character is out of his range (other side of the platform).

P.S. Not sure but afair companions were nerfed later - in 4.0.2, video states it's of 4.0.

Edited by Txornisx

I know it's probably a stupid question but how do you command a companion to stay put at one place? Looks like HK isn't moving at all, other when being grabbed, even when the character is out of his range (other side of the platform).

P.S. Not sure but afair companions were nerfed later - in 4.0.2, video states it's of 4.0.

Ranged companions won't move unless their target is out of sight out they are put to passive (in which case they go to you). You can use the passive trick for placing them somewhat accurately.

Two tips:

1. Ordering them to attack is faster and more precise that toggling off passive.
  2. They can't move if they are channeling. (Common with healing companions.)

Hammer station is a pretty easy one to solo. Did it on a Vigilance guardian, long ago, when I had just above 242 gear. Some other classes should be even easier.

That's a pretty important thing, by the way - the class you use. Wouldn't advise soloing MM fp on a Pyro PT, for example...

About uprisings - I soloed Master Fractured once. Doubt that any others would be possible. And I certainly wouldn't recommend doing it. As a DPS it's probably impossible. I did it on a skank tank guardian with r50 heal comp. Only that way I survived some of the heavier moments but my dps obviously suffered, so it took about 15-20min on the last boss fight...

Edited by Equeliber

Have no idea how to solo Umbara or how many tries would it take to make heal companion not to stand in stupid on Master Oric or BoR Walker :D imo Czerka's Enhanced Duneclaw could be quite a pain as well.

In some cases you can get lucky, where the mechanic doesn't apply to or target the companion. In those cases, you "just" have to avoid dropping stuff where they stand. I don't know about those particular fights, though.

Ranged companions won't move unless their target is out of sight

Yeah that's why I'm asking - I'm pretty sure while dpsing adds on the opposite side of the platform (27:18 for example) the character is out of companion range (and no companion healing is coming through) and still HK stays at his place. That's what mainly was the motive to ask how to make companion stay put exactly like this :D Well, on the other hand, maybe the companions range is larger than I thought :rolleyes:

Level 40's can't do HM (Master Mode) Flashpoints.

Yeah that's why I'm asking - I'm pretty sure while dpsing adds on the opposite side of the platform (27:18 for example) the character is out of companion range (and no companion healing is coming through) and still HK stays at his place. That's what mainly was the motive to ask how to make companion stay put exactly like this :D Well, on the other hand, maybe the companions range is larger than I thought :rolleyes:

If you move outside of 30m range from companion healer, you will simply not be healed by them. They will never follow to heal you. Only time they move during a fight is to move close enough to fight whatever enemy they're after or if set to passive.

As for the OP: I am skeptical. I am positive that the vast majority of players of this game could not finish a single MM FP solo regardless what kind of gear they have. Having sufficient experience with the flashpoints on top of being a skilled player and having the gear and rank 50 comp will make it possible to solo many, but for the most part it will not be fast. At all.

If you want it for the rewards, and have no in-game friends to rely on, even pugging will be significantly more efficient.

Doing a MM FP solo is done for bragging rights.. or if you're just really bored. It's not a viable method of farming CXP.

You can't enter a MM FP before level 50.

Edited by cyrusramsey
fixed sentence

I'd like to be able to do at least four on Master Solo:

-Taral V

-Maelstorm

-Hammer Station

-CZ-198

Taral V is pretty easy, since you can skip half the flashpoint (including 2 bosses and the miniboss at the start). You'll have to kill the first (real) boss, the guy and the beast in front of a building, and the last boss. You can pull the last boss behind some boxes to line of sight the turrets and the adds, which'll make it easier.

I did it on a 236/242 geared scoundrel (which I'm not that great on)

Maelstrom prison is going to be (nearly) impossible. You'd need an extremly good comp-managment and even then, it might just be to many mechanics, especially on the first and last boss.

Hammerstation is relativly easy. Ideally you take a stealth character, because the trash is harder than the bosses and very time consuming. First boss you only need to look out for his beam. Normally your comp will cleanse you often enough, but note that he'll only cleanse you if you take damage. So if you have a reflect or something, don't use it in the beginning of the cast. Second boss you need to focus the flamethrower guy, his flamethrower is the only thing that does damage there. Last boss, use a melee comp (so he doesn't get stuck in a circle) and move out of the boss' cleave (and try not to get pushed over the edge :p). Shouldn't be too hard.

CZ-198: Meltdown is doable, but it's a bit challenging (you need to do high dps on the sandstorm boss, and kill the adds very fast on the jungle boss or they'll kill your comp in seconds).

Labs will be harder, and if your comp gets targeted by the red circles on the second boss, it's gonna be almost impossible (not sure if comps get targeted by it though).

While most of the fp's are doable if your good enough and figure out how to controll your comp, it won't be a good cxp/time ratio. It's gonna take you much longer to do one of them solo than in a group, especially if you're not on a stealth character.

So if you want to do it for the challenge, go ahead, have fun. If you're doing it for cxp, either do it in a group or stick to tacticals, that will give you much more cxp/time.