What do I get as a subscriber award - I already have Shae and Nico!

Savyl

I will also be disagreeing with you on the "importance" you place on these specific companions because of your own personal perception. Niko Okarr, for example isn't nearly as "lore-worthy" as you're projecting him and definitely less important to the character (your player character) than the SF companions you downplayed earlier. You can make an argument that at least Shae was a key player in a critical stage of the alliance before you recruit her. But Niko doesn't do anything except heal, tank, or DPS (when he isn't getting tanked). He's pretty generic.

Well in my previous comment I was talking in general about the companions and I haven't specified which. Personally I'm interested mostly for Shae, for Nico not so much.

Edited by Lunablade

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here's a link proving you wrong: http://web.archive.org/web/20150904050833/http://www.swtor.com:80/fallen-empire/rewards

You only had to be subbed during one month to obtain Nico. It was originally during July, but they extended it to August. The monthly sub rewards were independent of each other and the only one that required a continuous sub was to receive early access.

Like so many others, you didn't read the Terms and Conditions, one of which said: "To qualify for the Early Access Bonus, you must have qualified for each of the four rewards by being a subscriber on each of the 4 listed reward dates. Once you qualify you may enter and play Knights of the Fallen Empire on October 20, 2015, seven (7) days prior to live launch on October 27, 2015."

That was later interpreted to mean to get Nico, ya had to have been subbed for the full four months. Why do you think there was such an uproar?

Were you even playing the game at that time? Because it sure doesn't seem so.

Better luck next time.

The people crying about the definition of "exclusive" need to go look the word up. It is STILL an exclusive. The companions are STILL "exclusively" for subscribers only. I also love the sense of entitlement people have as though BW somehow owed them those comps. No, they didn't. Your contract, for lack of a better term, with BW for your $15 a month (or whatever you pay) is for your game time. That's it. That's all you get for your money. Anything else you get besides that is just icing on the cake. You are in no way shape or form owed free mounts, pets, companions, anything of the sort. And before anyone suggests, it, no I am not a BW apologist. I just look at the situation logically and understand what I'm paying for. And I don't care if BW decides to give someone else the same PIXELS I have.

Like so many others, you didn't read the Terms and Conditions, one of which said: "To qualify for the Early Access Bonus, you must have qualified for each of the four rewards by being a subscriber on each of the 4 listed reward dates. Once you qualify you may enter and play Knights of the Fallen Empire on October 20, 2015, seven (7) days prior to live launch on October 27, 2015."

That was later interpreted to mean to get Nico, ya had to have been subbed for the full four months. Why do you think there was such an uproar?

Were you even playing the game at that time? Because it sure doesn't seem so.

Better luck next time.

I guess if you can't admit when you're proven wrong, you have to make up facts instead. Excellent strategy.

Edited by Drenovade

I don't mind if Shae is given again as an-available-from-lvl1 comp, this is to help the new players. Still , it would have been nice to give "something" to the ones who already have Shae/Nico, let's say.. a grand chance cube? A dye?

I really don't care whether they give away old rewards after a lengthy period of time or not. What I do care about is the "Subscriber Rewards for SOME of our customers" promotions. Give those that already have those two something else. Like a T-shirt for our characters that says "I subscribed to SW:TOR and all I got was this lousy T-shirt". Hmm I actually like that idea!

I like that, too. :D

Predicting something like this is what drove me to start this thread back in January, basically saying that a vetted reward system is much better than these "subscribe by" rewards.

What it boils down to is this:

• It allows anyone, and everyone, to receive all rewards provided they subscribe for the required periods of time.
  • It would help support the game better by encouraging subscriptions year round instead of in spurts.

Win-win for BW and for their paying customers.

The people crying about the definition of "exclusive" need to go look the word up. It is STILL an exclusive. The companions are STILL "exclusively" for subscribers only. I also love the sense of entitlement people have as though BW somehow owed them those comps. No, they didn't. Your contract, for lack of a better term, with BW for your $15 a month (or whatever you pay) is for your game time. That's it. That's all you get for your money. Anything else you get besides that is just icing on the cake. You are in no way shape or form owed free mounts, pets, companions, anything of the sort. And before anyone suggests, it, no I am not a BW apologist. I just look at the situation logically and understand what I'm paying for. And I don't care if BW decides to give someone else the same PIXELS I have.

Not sure if you've been following closely or not, but nobody is really fighting about the word "exclusive" unless someone specifically challenges the notion that these were exclusive. But when these two companions were originally offered, this is what the SWTOR promo said:

LAST CHANCE TO CLAIM A RARE BOUNTY: Unlock Shae Vizla -- legendary Bounty Hunter -- as a new Companion to fight by your side!

FINAL CHANCE TO GET NICO OKARR AS A COMPANION!

and this

I looked up "last chance" and "final chance" and both led me to believe that means there won't be additional chances later. Do you have anything to add to those phrases?

Edited by BRKMSN

Not sure if you've been following closely or not, but nobody is really fighting about the word "exclusive" unless someone specifically challenges the notion that these were exclusive.

There were definitely people fighting about what an exclusive was. Can't remem if it was page 1, page 2, not looking back.

That's great for everyone who doesn't have Shae or Nico but it also punishes those of us who already have these two companions. We are denied a subscriber award. Not a great way to award your loyal customers BioWare! I think for those of us who already have Shae and Nico that we should get an exclusive companion or even two... I would even be happy with only one special companion, like maybe our original jedi master or satele shan, etc? Depending on your class. I want a subscriber award to be equal or even better than the combination of both Shae and Nico. This is the only fair option.

You're paying sub so.....

You'll get 30 days of playtime for every 30 days you pay for.

/thread

I already have Shae. I already have Nico. I already have the rebuilt HK-55.

It does not bother me if they want to give them out to other people. Heck, it doesn't even have to be a special promotion.

This. Many of the replies in this thread do not understand business. The reward is to encourage non-subscribers to pay a subscription before a given cut-off date. It is merely a marketing ploy to generate more money and for that they will reward anyone who subscribes with old (and formerly exclusive) pixel tat. For those of us who are already (and most likely) loyal subscribers, we can generally piss off as companies no longer reward loyalty.

Someone suggested in one of the threads that we unsub and resub only when there is a promotion. This idea is worth thinking about since nothing else will be happening in the game until 2019 (6.0).

This. Many of the replies in this thread do not understand business. The reward is to encourage non-subscribers to pay a subscription before a given cut-off date. It is merely a marketing ploy to generate more money and for that they will reward anyone who subscribes with old (and formerly exclusive) pixel tat. For those of us who are already (and most likely) loyal subscribers, we can generally piss off as companies no longer reward loyalty.

Someone suggested in one of the threads that we unsub and resub only when there is a promotion. This idea is worth thinking about since nothing else will be happening in the game until 2019 (6.0).

Then they should state it's a promotional subscriber reward and not just subscriber reward.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20180329

'Today, we are announcing ‘Subscriber Rewards’ coming April 3'

'All active (not new or recently) Premium Players as of April 3, 2018 at 12:01AM PDT//8:01AM GMT will receive the companions, Nico Okarr and Shae Vizla on/by April 5, 2018 by 11:59PM PDT//7:59AM GMT.'

Edited by serenitty

MARKETER: I've cooked up a plan that will encourage new people to subscribe, but it will make our long-term, most loyal customers feel we care nothing for them.

BOSS: ...

MARKETER: Sir?

BOSS: Oh, sorry, I thought you were going to follow that up with the downside of the plan. Make it so!

I am thinking the only way the will value my sub is when they don't have it.

MARKETER: I've cooked up a plan that will encourage new people to subscribe, but it will make our long-term, most loyal customers feel we care nothing for them.

BOSS: Oh, sorry, I thought you were going to follow that up with the downside of the plan. Make it so!

This is exactly it. Banks and supermarkets do this all the time.

I'm not sure I understand. If you already have Nico and Shae, that doesn't necessarily mean you've been a subscriber all throughout the years since they were originally offered. It means you were a subscriber for two specific months. That's not really "long-term" or "most loyal."

Players who earn them through this new promotion are getting them by doing the exact same thing others did to get them: subscribing at a certain time. If you already have the rewards, then you don't have to subscribe to get them because you got them years before everyone else did.

I think what you're talking about has to do with a different reward system entirely. Something where the longer one stays subscribed, the more rewards they unlock. I think that's an interesting idea and maybe it should be implemented, but I don't see how that kind of system relates to this promotion regarding Nico and Shae.

Edited by Drenovade

I'm not sure I understand. If you already have Nico and Shae, that doesn't necessarily mean you've been a subscriber all throughout the years since they were originally offered. It means you were a subscriber for two specific months. That's not really "long-term" or "most loyal."

Good point, I guess that means that they are disregarding those people IN ADDITION to their most loyal long-term supporters! Thanks for pointing out the list of people who are getting absolutely nothing from these "rewards" is even larger than I thought!

This, and I have few more thoughts to add on that :

1. It seems like everyone is forgetting here the free cc subscribers are getting each month , that's something which BW doesn't really need to give at all, and its a reward itself for being subbed to the game. The people which have been subbed to the game longer acquired now a lot more of those than any of the people which recently started or rejoined the game and with which they could have got way more things than those people can in the game.

2. Some of the people which are making all this fuss because BW is giving two freaking companions to the subscribers for which never BW claimed how they will be exclusive forever only for some subscribers in the first place like their lives are dependent on it, and portraying the new subscribers and the people which returned to the game in all negative ways are doing huge disservice to the game by making those players to feel unwelcome and bad here and by spreading all this negativity. They I guess don't realize how those players are equally important for the game long term survival as the old veterans, especially to the one which got into the position with the recent number of the players of losing so many of its servers and of the big server merges and for which its obvious how the current budget is very limited because of which its content development suffers.

3. Also it seems how some people here don't realize that those companions are given now under the same conditions under which they were given before to subscribers. Anyone who got them in the past could also just sub to get them and than unsubscribe , it didn't need to be the game vet at all.

When it comes to the vets of this game I'm rly curious about how the true statistic looks about how many players have played this game for a long time now without ever taking the breaks or unsubscribing.

Besides that they I guess don't realize how some long term players could have missed on those for various reasons to ( some could got sick and end up in the hospital , some could be deployed on the various military missions around the world, some could be in the process of moving cities or states and some could got into the financial trouble which would make them also unable to continue playing even if they wanted to - in the time of the previous promotion ) and how those people also want some of those companions now.

Edited by Lunablade

Good point, I guess that means that they are disregarding those people IN ADDITION to their most loyal long-term supporters! Thanks for pointing out the list of people who are getting absolutely nothing from these "rewards" is even larger than I thought!

I'm not following your logic. If you recognize that it is only players who subbed for two specific months that are not getting anything from this promotion(because they already got the rewards), then what is the significance of long-term supporters not getting anything? This isn't a promotion meant to reward long-term supporters and they've never held a promotion that only rewards players who have been subbed for several years. Like I said, that would be a new, separate reward system.

Edited by Drenovade

I think they should "Reward" everybody equally. Something that all players would *Value. Gifts that reward Some then bring down Other people Gifts are bound to create animosity. Something Everybody values (wants) at This time. This game has "6 Years" of valuable content everybody would love to receive and make Everybody happy, Pick something.

Players who earn them through this new promotion are getting them by doing the exact same thing others did to get them: subscribing at a certain time. If you already have the rewards, then you don't have to subscribe to get them because you got them years before everyone else did.

I think what you're talking about has to do with a different reward system entirely. Something where the longer one stays subscribed, the more rewards they unlock. I think that's an interesting idea and maybe it should be implemented, but I don't see how that kind of system relates to this promotion regarding Nico and Shae.

Well I can honestly state I have been here since before launch (June 2009) and only left one month due to a personal situation and have all the rewards but yet they don't seem to value my sub now do they? while I don't care if they give out the old companions, I do care when they start ignoring subs that have these rewards and offer nothing but then if they don't value my sub maybe I should take it elsewhere.

I'm not following your logic. If you recognize that it is only players who subbed for two specific months that are not getting anything from this promotion(because they already got the rewards), then what is the significance of long-term supporters not getting anything? This isn't a promotion meant to reward long-term supporters and they've never held a promotion that only rewards players who have been subbed for several years. Like I said, that would be a new, separate reward system.

Oh, the logic is simple: the most loyal long-term supporters would have subscribed consistently (because they're the most loyal) and for several years (because they're long-term) and thus would have to have received these rewards because if their subscription stopped they wouldn't be the most loyal and if it was only recent they wouldn't be long term. Other people who are not the most loyal or are not long-term supporters might also not receive the rewards, which makes the list of subscribers not receiving subscriber rewards larger certainly, but the first group definitely will not receive subscriber rewards despite being subscribers.

Oh, the logic is simple: the most loyal long-term supporters would have subscribed consistently (because they're the most loyal) and for several years (because they're long-term) and thus would have to have received these rewards because if their subscription stopped they wouldn't be the most loyal and if it was only recent they wouldn't be long term. Other people who are not the most loyal or are not long-term supporters might also not receive the rewards, which makes the list of subscribers not receiving subscriber rewards larger certainly, but the first group definitely will not receive subscriber rewards despite being subscribers.

I know all that. I'm asking what your point is. Is there something significant about yet another promotion being held where long-term subscribers don't get anything for being long-term subscribers? As I said, no such promotion has ever been held that only rewards long-term subscribers who stayed subbed for years. That would be a different reward system.

Edit: Added "for being long-term subscribers" to clarify what I meant.

Edited by Drenovade

I know all that. I'm asking what your point is. Is there something significant about yet another promotion being held where long-term subscribers don't get anything? As I said, no such promotion has ever been held that only rewards long-term subscribers who stayed subbed for years. That would be a different reward system.

Other than the fact that every single time promotions are offered that treat players who've not been subbed better than those who have, it smarts a bit for the game's most loyal? Other than that, prolly no significance...