Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Conquest Changes in Game Update 5.9

EricMusco

This is the first week in probably two months where I met my personal conquest goal on 21 toons. Most on Star Forge, but a couple also on D.M. and S.S.

Ran Gree Dailies until my eyes bled, so to speak.

The ability to 'choose' what to do to get conquest came back.

3-4 of the Gree dailies

the rampage/kill counts with different levels

However, the only reason that I was able to do this is because the once per day per legacy items are still bugged.

If they were working properly, I probably would have only done the 2 toons per server.

Personally, I think the way it works right now, the bugged way, is perfectly fine. Just move those items to the infinitely repeatable category and be done with it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was out of town all weekend and just got back in to try to get a toon to PC today just to see how it looks. Frankly, I was pleasantly surprised that I made it to PC as quickly as I did. I then looked and all the "Infinitely Repeatable" Yellow Quests were marked as Completed. I am a little confused as to where everything fits right now. I was able to log out and reset everything on a fresh toon, but they aren't really spammable that way.....

I was out of town all weekend and just got back in to try to get a toon to PC today just to see how it looks. Frankly, I was pleasantly surprised that I made it to PC as quickly as I did. I then looked and all the "Infinitely Repeatable" Yellow Quests were marked as Completed. I am a little confused as to where everything fits right now. I was able to log out and reset everything on a fresh toon, but they aren't really spammable that way.....

Confusingly enough, thr yellow are now supposed to be daily per legacy. I believe it is currently bugged and giving you credit for every toon. The 2 world bosses (grob-whatever and surgokk or whatever) were bugged as well. I got 10k credits for conpleting them while doing a heroic on tython.

Whether this is a bug or intended has a strong impact on my opinion...

Confusingly enough, thr yellow are now supposed to be daily per legacy. I believe it is currently bugged and giving you credit for every toon. The 2 world bosses (grob-whatever and surgokk or whatever) were bugged as well. I got 10k credits for conpleting them while doing a heroic on tython.

Whether this is a bug or intended has a strong impact on my opinion...

The world bosses were bugged the first Relics of Gree we had. Perhaps the others were bugged due to coming in during the middle of the week. I suppose we will find out today whether if that carries over. While I don't mind being able to reset them logging in on a fresh toon, I would just like to know what it is supposed to be.

The world bosses were bugged the first Relics of Gree we had. Perhaps the others were bugged due to coming in during the middle of the week. I suppose we will find out today whether if that carries over. While I don't mind being able to reset them logging in on a fresh toon, I would just like to know what it is supposed to be.

I know grob/surgokk have been bugged from the beginning, there is probably a post way back there somewhere with me mentioning it.

I just want to know what is a bug and what is intended because my opinion depends on whether the dailies being toon based is intended or a bug.

I have feedback I would like to give either way, but there is a substantial portion that depends on whether it's a bug or not.

Edited by KendraP

I know grob/surgokk have been bugged from the beginning, there is probably a post way back there somewhere with me mentioning it.

I just want to know what is a bug and what is intended because my opinion depends on whether the dailies being toon based is intended or a bug.

I have feedback I would like to give either way, but there is a substantial portion that depends on whether it's a bug or not.

I understand completely. We can't make an informed decision until we know that it is working without bugs.

There are a substantial number of bugs regarding conquest and repeatability of objectives that are supposed to be once per day per legacy. I was made to understand that those bugs have gotten worse in some regards (I won't go into detail here) since the 5.9 patch that also bugged the achievements causing them to reset.

They did a hot fix last Friday to stop the achievements from resetting, but to my knowledge none of the conquest bugs have been fixed at all.

There is supposed to be a patch to fix some things on May 22nd, and I assume since we aren't hearing a word that these bugs will persist until that time unless we hear otherwise. Enjoy it while it lasts? I think the intention is that we are still to be heavily restricted, but we are not suffering that due to bugs for right now. Perhaps like the daily zones that were for a time giving amazing CXP points, we will be able to enjoy it until they finally nerf it, or see that they could make people happier by meeting us somewhere in the middle.

With the lack of communication about these things to the community, it is really anyone's guess. But these are definitely bugs. Important enough bugs to fix? Probably eventually. That's my best guess anyway.

Edited by PennyAnn

So, based off what I see now, the yellow Objectives are Once Daily per Legacy (though you can reset them still by logging into a fresh toon). The blue objectives are spammable, and the others are one time per week. IF....they don't fix the reset bug, I kinda like it this way. If they do fix the rest bug, then I am not sure where I will stand on it. I do like that the points went up, and you should be able to get to your PC with roughly 20 WZ's, the 2 associated GF activity pieces and rampage 1,2,3 on one toon.

If they would just change the once per day per legacy to once per day per toon, and leave the spammables the way they are I would be expretmely....OK.... with that.

So, based off what I see now, the yellow Objectives are Once Daily per Legacy (though you can reset them still by logging into a fresh toon). The blue objectives are spammable, and the others are one time per week. IF....they don't fix the reset bug, I kinda like it this way. If they do fix the rest bug, then I am not sure where I will stand on it. I do like that the points went up, and you should be able to get to your PC with roughly 20 WZ's, the 2 associated GF activity pieces and rampage 1,2,3 on one toon.

If they would just change the once per day per legacy to once per day per toon, and leave the spammables the way they are I would be expretmely....OK.... with that.

I don't particularly like the new emphasis on rampage. With the "bug" it's one of the best ways to cap toons. Its exceedingly boring and takes people that would be otherwise grouping up for ops or pvp and has them running around hoth killing 150 things.

I much preferred more entertaining content being the meat of conquest. But I guess some people enjoyed crafting weeks and I find crafting even more mind numbingly dull than running circles near the base on both killing npcs.

I don't particularly like the new emphasis on rampage. With the "bug" it's one of the best ways to cap toons. Its exceedingly boring and takes people that would be otherwise grouping up for ops or pvp and has them running around hoth killing 150 things.

I much preferred more entertaining content being the meat of conquest. But I guess some people enjoyed crafting weeks and I find crafting even more mind numbingly dull than running circles near the base on both killing npcs.

If they change the once per legacy per day to once per room per day, you could get the gf activity objectives on multiple rooms and wouldn’t have to use the rampages at all. Which would allow you to do go back to doing 5-6 matches per toon per day and still hit what you want with just pvp.

If they change the once per legacy per day to once per room per day, you could get the gf activity objectives on multiple rooms and wouldn’t have to use the rampages at all. Which would allow you to do go back to doing 5-6 matches per toon per day and still hit what you want with just pvp.

What's an op worth this week? Still 1875?

Pvp still 450 or 500?

And this assumes full SH bonus. Even assuming 500, my mental arithmetic gives me 15k/500 = 30 matches. Last week anyway, rampage and gree stuff were far more useful in toon capping than pvp or ops.

What's an op worth this week? Still 1875?

Pvp still 450 or 500?

And this assumes full SH bonus. Even assuming 500, my mental arithmetic gives me 15k/500 = 30 matches. Last week anyway, rampage and gree stuff were far more useful in toon capping than pvp or ops.

If you do 5 wz’s You get 450 each plus 2500 for the two gf activities. If you can do that on each toon each day, it is good.

Were we supposed to get the large box of grade 10 augment components with last week's rewards (given out today) or does that start with this week's (given out next week)? I need to know if I need to submit a ticket.

Edit - I see on Reddit that the crafting lock box is an option instead of an encryption and not in addition to an encryption. Too late for this week. :( I guess that's nice for people who's guild ships are completed.

Edited by Damask_Rose

"The bug" has me interested in Conquest once more. I hope they never ever fix it. I Love doing Conquest, and this new system would totally blow if not for "the bug." Please don't ever fix this OR (if they do fix it) just get rid of the stupid once per toon per legacy per day garbage. It's just not needed or wanted! I'd be happier if all the repeatables were truly repeatable like the way they used to be. Heroics ad nauseum is/was one of my favorite ways to get conquest! And I miss having more than three planets to conquer. Just having 3 planets each week is just....meh. I don't know. I feel like this new system is just not as exciting or fun the way the old system was. Thank the Force for "the bug."

The "bug" has certainly improved my opinion as well. Their not acknowledging whether it is, in fact, a big or not does not seem to bode well... call me a pessimist but I think if it was intended they'd have just said so, and we'd all be jumping on the praise bandwagon.

Add in the fact that conquest resets on Tuesday and thus, I had to make a decision where to invade (with the bug, we could have gone for the medium planet, without the bug (i.e. if they patch it tomorrow) we're stuck on the small one). So I set us to the small one because hey, some rewards are better than none and the encryptions are what I really want anyway.

That said, many of my guildies would prefer the mats. Which brings me to point 2: if you make the medium yield you have to choose mats or encryptions? Thanks for nothing... now I have to choose between helping guildies gear and expanding the ship. Suffice it to say both wouldnt have been too much depending on how many mats you get. Basically, I find I once again feel stuck between a rock and a hard place with this system.

Maybe the "bug" is a way to make alts relevant again. Even if their only purpose is to reset the conquest...

;-)

I agree, the new points options are better, but without the bug its not even worth doing conquest still.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

Maybe the "bug" is a way to make alts relevant again. Even if their only purpose is to reset the conquest...

;-)

I agree, the new points options are better, but without the bug its not even worth doing conquest still.

Yeah again, the question is: is the "bug" a bug or not? Seriously it's a yes or no question for Pete's sake.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.