Just out of Curiosity, How Many People Coming to the Forums are Long Term Subs

DWho

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

(...)the reason the new rewards are being offered(...)

What new rewards? Did I miss something?

Ontopic, I've been on ze forumz since 2009 and have been subbed continuously since the beginning. I don't have time to play new games anymore in my life. Thus, it's this game or none. Hobson's choice, kinda...

Edited by JattaGin

I am a long term sub.

And I am seriously considering unsubbing ... exactly because of ******** like the feat they just pulled. We, long standing subbers are being mistreated.

People that have failed to get the exclusive sub rewards last time, have NO RIGHT at all to get the sub rewards again. They don't deserve the right to ask. You failed to sub for a certain date ... shame on you, you don't get an EXCLUSIVE sub reward.

They said "last chance" to get Nico on multiple occassions.

I feel screwed over by Bioware. I am almost at the point that I demand a refund for the months of playtime that I stayed subbed for Nico.

I am a long term sub.

And I am seriously considering unsubbing ... exactly because of ******** like the feat they just pulled. We, long standing subbers are being mistreated.

People that have failed to get the exclusive sub rewards last time, have NO RIGHT at all to get the sub rewards again. They don't deserve the right to ask. You failed to sub for a certain date ... shame on you, you don't get an EXCLUSIVE sub reward.

They said "last chance" to get Nico on multiple occassions.

I feel screwed over by Bioware. I am almost at the point that I demand a refund for the months of playtime that I stayed subbed for Nico.

I just can't relate to the anger over the sub gifts personally. Not saying people are wrong in their feelings on it, I just personally can't relate to it.

I care more about in game content and changes that affect actual gameplay.

If someone is running around with Nico out, I don't care if the person has been on the game for a month, or 10 years. Others having Nico as a comp has no effect on my personal gaming experience I guess that's why I have trouble empathizing with this outrage over the sub rewards.

If the majority are upset by this change, it just proves again the devs are out of touch with what the majority value on their game.

I imagine the devs have to feel like nothing they do is right atm, and maybe these feelings are justified. :(

I imagine the devs have to feel like nothing they do is right atm, and maybe these feelings are justified. :(
Then that's easy to correct...whoever they're listening to, STOP! Pick a different group of people to ask opinions of. They're getting feedback from somewhere...

I just can't relate to the anger over the sub gifts personally. Not saying people are wrong in their feelings on it, I just personally can't relate to it.

I care more about in game content and changes that affect actual gameplay.

If someone is running around with Nico out, I don't care if the person has been on the game for a month, or 10 years. Others having Nico as a comp has no effect on my personal gaming experience I guess that's why I have trouble empathizing with this outrage over the sub rewards.

If the majority are upset by this change, it just proves again the devs are out of touch with what the majority value on their game.

It is very possible this is the straw that broke the camel's back per se. Some people have been on the fence due to various things and sometimes it just takes one more thing to push them away and this could be that to some of the people that have been here since the beginning. Some of the posts I have read that are leaving this wasn't the main reason it was just the push that made them unsub and some of them have been here a long time and when you start losing vets that is a bad sign.

Edited by casirabit

There were no rewards all the way through 2017, how is that better?

But you have a point, people who already have Nico and Shae should get something extra.

After reading some of the posts in other threads I am starting to believe that the reason the new rewards are being offered is that the player base has turned over so much, as some have suggested, that only a few people actually were around the last time they were offered. I am curious how many people coming to the forums are long term subs.

Me personally, I have been continuously subbed since launch (Founder's Title, 5 year deco). What is the longest everyone else has subbed continuously and are there any out there who have been subbed since launch like me?

i look at the forums but to be honest I find it awful . why to many people crying over personal views of how a mmo should be run. We have the game we have.... I gotta admit when I look on the forums for week or more I find my replys to be tiny bit toxic to people. 6 years on and off . now am just here for the ride

I've been loyal to Bioware since KOTOR, and I've played every game after, usually a dozen times each with new toons (I did go back and try Baldur's Gate but by that time I was over that genre).

I felt betrayed that they were making this as an MMO, and I refused to follow its production once those letters were attached to it. So I didn't do anything related to beta or launch, and pointedly went out of my way to support Skyrim (giant collecters edition box, presale stuff, etc etc).

After the first playthrough of Skyrim I happened upon an article that praised SWTOR for how solo-friendly it was. Since I had nothing else going on I subbed and haven't let it lapse since. I started early enough to get the Founder's Title, no idea what the cut-off for that was.

SWTOR is indeed solo-friendly. I didn't do my first "group" activity until something like 18 months after my first day. Now I enjoy all aspects of the game.

I checked my playtime for Skyrim (which I play still, with all the mods that make it a greater game) and it was a little over 1200 hours, and I just checked my main for SWTOR and she's at 1250 hours. I've had countless alts come and go in that time, so I'm probably well past 2500 hours at this point.

Didn't come to the forums for any reason until about three and a half years ago, I think.

Was subbed from day one and despite a couple of breaks (still subbed) stayed with the game. Recently unsubbed due to the general state of the game and I have kind of done everything that I wanted to do so there's nothing much left for me to continue subbing for.

Regardless, I do keep an eye on what happens with the game just in case it becomes worth a sub again but I am not going to waste money on this untill it gets a lot more content than it has recently.