Backfilling got fixed but there is another method of farming easy rating...

Alec_Fortescue

Can you elaborate on this? Oh wait if you do this everyone will abuse it.. Just write it to devs

They know for weeks. :rolleyes:

But exploiters got very vocal and obnoxious about it and do this crap for most of the day now. It's causing lots of toxicity and venting in chat, too.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

rating in this game became obsolete when 8v8 ranked died.

This, just get the rating you need for the aesthetic items you want. Fortunately for me (unfortunately? I don't even know anymore) the last ones I cared about were the furious weapons from season 3, now all the detailed nice stuff goes strictly to the cartel market.

They know for weeks. :rolleyes:

But exploiters got very vocal and obnoxious about it and do this crap for most of the day now. It's causing lots of toxicity and venting in chat, too.

Without stating exactly what it is... would you care to give a us bit more detail as I’ve not seen it mentioned in pvp or gen chat. Or do you mean chat as in discord channel?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Lol probably will never end ...

Everybody knows who gets fake rating but it’s really unjust and worse even when it deteriorates DM imps chat even more then it already is.

Tho sometimes it’s fun kicking meme rated Pro, On Fire while wearing 208 gear :)

You mean by queue syncing like the pubs love to do on DM?

Nah, my friend told me what it is... if it is what we are thinking about, it is much worse than qsync. Easy fake elo farming if your team has some skill

Nah, my friend told me what it is... if it is what we are thinking about, it is much worse than qsync. Easy fake elo farming if your team has some skill

So only for team ranked? Some type of stealh / acid play? Send me a PM.

So only for team ranked? Some type of stealh / acid play? Send me a PM.

Played around 50 or so group ranked games this season I would say all of them were “legit games”. We got like 5 games of mat farmers when getting placed but when you get bumped into the higher Elo you only face real teams with real comps who are 1700-2k+ rated. It was fun and competitive.

It’s kinda sad that everyone assumes teams are only stealth or acid strats. Players that assume this are either stuck in a lower tier or haven’t played teams enough. If anyone is frustrated with the rng of solo ranked, play teams. You’ll have a lot more fun.

Edited by kissingaiur

Played around 50 or so group ranked games this season I would say all of them were “legit games”. We got like 5 games of mat farmers when getting placed but when you get bumped into the higher Elo you only face real teams with real comps who are 1700-2k+ rated. It was fun and competitive.

It’s kinda sad that everyone assumes teams are only stealth or acid strats. Players that assume this are either stuck in a lower tier or haven’t played teams enough. If anyone is frustrated with the rng of solo ranked, play teams. You’ll have a lot more fun.

But this is a case of legit cheating.

But this is a case of legit cheating.

It seems only you know the answer to this riddle. If the goal was to befuddle us all, you succeeded.

Alec, if you are going to post on a problem why beat around the bush? Put the plate on the table so we can all know exactly what "legit cheating" is.

As far as I can tell, maybe nothing nefarious is occurring at all and you just think cheating is happening when in reality it is not.

Until its explained who knows what you are talking about. Until then, donning my tinfoil hat.

Edited by Lhancelot

Alec, if you are going to post on a problem why beat around the bush? Put the plate on the table so we can all know exactly what "legit cheating" is.
Reveal the method so even more people will be tempted to do it, great idea!!!

Please don't.

In fact, I'm not even sure what purpose this thread serves. Anyone who doesn't know what it is can't inform bioware of a problem in any way. Should have just got the people aware of it to let bioware know and move on.

It seems only you know the answer to this riddle. If the goal was to befuddle us all, you succeeded.

As far as I can tell, maybe nothing nefarious is occurring at all and you just think cheating is happening when in reality it is not.

Until its explained who knows what you are talking about. Until then, donning my tinfoil hat.

Yes indeed. All I do is play ranked and so far I have not noticed some new trickery taking place - but I certainly would like to know if that is the case.

Please don't.

In fact, I'm not even sure what purpose this thread serves. Anyone who doesn't know what it is can't inform bioware of a problem in any way. Should have just got the people aware of it to let bioware know and move on.

If the glitch / hack / whatever is real, I would probably stop queuing until it is fixed.

Edit: I have run into unbalanced matches 2 times today; i.e. on side having a tank while the other did not, and then one side not having a healer. That has happened before, but not twice in one day.

Edited by Lundorff

Please don't.

If the problem is bad enough to create a thread over, then the problem should be explained so unaware players can be made aware. It seems many have no idea what this "legit cheating" is.

Cheaters will cheat, non-cheaters will not cheat. Shining a spotlight on the cheat might add some cheaters to the mix but if the problem is already dire there is more benefit in bringing awareness to it instead of hiding it from those who would be better armed if they are informed and can recognize the cheat.

I never understand the point of creating vague and ambiguous posts that do nothing but confuse and convolute reality. Now people will think all matches lost under odd circumstances are possibly lost due to this new phenomenon called "legit cheating."

Edited by Lhancelot

Lhance, just pay attention to PvP chat on darth malgus. I don't know if they do it on Star Forge, too.

Ahhh ok. I missed that point, but on SF I have not seen any PVP Chat complaining about cheats.

I admit I am more curious than anything at this point, but I also think if it's being done on DM server it will make its way to the other servers.

Edited by Lhancelot

Ahhh ok. I missed that point, but on SF I have not seen any PVP Chat complaining about cheats.

I admit I am more curious than anything at this point, but I also think if it's being done on DM server it will make its way to the other servers.

currently this happens on DM. easy way to avoid competition and get free elo regardless of your rating... i dont know if people on ss or sf knows this trick

So people found a way to que against low rated in Team ranked ? That’s ****. Teams is only fun game mode and now *** can be compromised.

Rip competitive matches and even worse for ppl trying to get into team ranked ...

Found it. You can leave the queue without losing rating (tested and it's working), and then you or your friend backfills with a tank/healer to make the match skewed and guarantee that you don't lose rating. As I wrote previously, this has happened twice today.

1) Queue on toon 1 and get pop.

2) Drop queue.

3) Instant queue on toon 2 on a different computer (or with a friend) and only enter match if the pop is instant e.g. you are backfilling.

Edit: hmm I wonder if you can just queue again on toon1, and it would be considered backfilling on the same toon?

Edited by Lundorff

Cheaters will cheat, non-cheaters will not cheat.
Cheaters who are not aware of a way to cheat will not cheat.

But the einsteins in this thread are seeing to that. Well done fellas, I hope you're happy.

currently this happens on DM. easy way to avoid competition and get free elo regardless of your rating... i dont know if people on ss or sf knows this trick
Less aware of it and, at least for the time being, it is extremely uncommon. We'll see how uncommon it stays with how eager everyone aware of it is to grab a megaphone and shout it to the world. Edited by yellow_