Ultimate Packs are good. Thumbs up.

Alec_Fortescue

I bought a $40 laser sword. Hate me for contributing to the problem but I love the damn thing.

If you bought the new one, you bought a nearly $55 laser sword. No hate but thats a bit nuts when I think about. I'm a bit disappointed gamers support that cost range.

If you bought the new one, you bought a nearly $55 laser sword. No hate but thats a bit nuts when I think about. I'm a bit disappointed gamers support that cost range.

I bought a pizza and sides order once nearing that price. Got nothing to show for it. Maybe an extra 2lbs on the scale at the time. I guess it's something.

Edited by Eshvara

I bought a pizza and sides order once nearing that price. Got nothing to show for it. Maybe an extra 2lbs on the scale at the time. I guess it's something.

At least you got something tangible for your money. Plus to me food will always trump digital items no matter how much anyone makes but I also know ridiculously, overpriced food when I see it too.

At least you got something tangible for your money. Plus to me food will always trump digital items no matter how much anyone makes but I also know ridiculously, overpriced food when I see it too.

It isn't really any better than buying a lightsaber in swtor. Both were basically entertainment. I wasn't exactly starving and had to buy that pizza with my last 50€ he will have his saver for as long as the game lasts, my food was gone on the same day, plus half ended up in the bin.:p

But it felt good to have, just as it feels good to said person to have his lightsaber.

I bought a $40 laser sword. Hate me for contributing to the problem but I love the damn thing.

I bet several dozen more did the same. BW know they are onto a winner. I bought several new packs which I didn't need - all contained the worst kind of worthless bronze tat as I predicted, but it didn't stop me, I wish I had the skill to create a game that offers in-game purchases! Magic shiny pixels are a win. Sadly for my bank balance my skills are limited to making a good real life cake :o

Conquest changes can and will drop the games population if players find the gameplay less fun after 5.8, whereas the increase in good items dropping from CM packs will have no effect on the population.

I get it though, basically if you don't care about it, it doesn't matter. Hope you get some really good items from your CM packs.

People will ALWAYS find something wrong worth leaving. People leave, people dont. It's never because of just one part of the game. BW has made a lot of changes that have been asked for by the playerbase, and others that weren't asked for by the playerbase over the years. There is nothing they can do to please everyone, and no company truly knows how the public will receive any change they make. But one thing that's certain is the forum population is very unforgiving no matter what changes are made or not made.

Regarding the comments ive read about the direct sale option...I dont understand the fuss. The only people who would not benefit from direct item sales (new or old) are those who sell rare items on the GTN at absurd prices.

This is a move that players have been asking for years. im not a betting man - So dropping $40 or more on a gamble has never been appealing to me. 9 times out of 10 Ive always had my eye on one item per pack. I also dont want to spend 100 to upwards of 200 mil on a saber or armor set.

I do however have a comfortable amount of disposable income in RL and very little time to make 2 billion credits in game. This gives people like me the option to obtain the items I want without giving some random player who got a lucky click a small fortune. People have and will always participate in microtransactions the only difference is they've given an alternative to gambling.

At the end of the day everyone has invested their time and money into pixels. Be it with a subscription or a shiny item.

Edited by Denzul

If more people just voted with their wallets instead of throwing money at them just after they F’d the game, maybe they would pay attention.

But players are like gold fish, they rage and then Bioware show them something shiny and you all throw money at them again.

Players are their own worst enemies and if they are going to continue to reward Biowares bad performance when they mess up badly, then Bioware won’t listen because they know they don’t have to.

Which means, players who complained and hate the new conquest system, but continue to feed the beast with Cartel purchases, are JUST AS MUCH TO BLAME AS BIOWARE.

While I agree with you on the voting with the wallet in theory, the problem becomes one of not working.

If this was a comic, you might actually get a rebooted comic. This is a MMO.

Vote with your wallet and they just shut down and say "People just don't want it as a MMO."

Or, "Sure, it makes money, but not enough, drop it."

I see little point in buying the packs when you aren't guaranteed at least one item from the new pack. As the new stuff would be the only things I'm interested in, I don't care if you get "expensive" or rare items if they're things I already have. I mean, ok I could sell them on the GTN but if the drop rate is so high it just lowers the value on the GTN anyway ... not that I care so much about selling.

So, for me, these new packs are even worse than before and I thought they were crap when you were only guaranteed one item from the new pack.

Likewise, I bought 100 US dollars worth packs when the Senya light sabers where the new packs. I expected to get 1 maybe two of them. I got zero lightsabers, haven't purchase any packs on the CM since that day, yeah I got the appearance stuff cause i could buy what I wanted and few armors I could get solo, most of my CM stuff since has come from the Market, Still a few armors I want, don't decorate, don't use 3000 mounts don't use 400 crystals just give me armors and I'm a happy camper