Why NO KILL option on Ashara?

Lunafox

[quote=Yes but if one thing in Star Wars has taught us, is that you can have an entire fleet at your back, but a single person can still get to you and kill you. Luke and the Emperor, Bane and those Sith, the Revan, the TOR main character and Valkorian.

Remember "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

If Ashara really is that powerful the full might of the Eternal Fleet doesn't mean anything.

Yeah but their fleet wouldn't go rogue like the Eternal Fleet... Anyone see Ashara taking that seat? I don't...

Edited by Amantionus

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see anyone taking the seat after my SI's death. Ashara though isn't Light Side, she's more Gray, so she may figure the fleet going rogue may not be such a bad thing to rid the Galaxy of another Sith that rivals Valkorian in Strength and depravity.

3, Ashara following the "Rule of Two" has become so powerful and *Lonely she has taken an Apprentice and soon the SI will get a Light Sabre through the back. (Well you couldn't beat her anyway), this way its just "Sithier".

Rule of Two was invented millenia after SWTOR.

Maybe they plan to use her again in the storyline.

That is the only viable reason we couldn’t fry her to a crisp or even shock her into submission

That companion is just the worst, it never felt complete because you never turned her to the dark side and I was sure we would get that chance now, but not only did that not happen...nothing happens.

5 years later and it’s the same, a Jedi girlfriend for the male inquisitor. You can kill arcan but ashara just does some force lightning block and leaves, that was weak sauce big time.

I am done with hoping to see anything decent come from the companion returns and am just using the terminals for any non returned comps.

Of all the comps that were Unlockable for all classes the Jedi one is stuck to the inquisitor, smh

That's just BS, not being able to kill that simpering little nitwit. I don't want to spoil anyone who hasn't gotten to her yet, but the Inquistor should've been allowed to kill her. I think its so unfair that a kill option is provided on other companions but not her.

I should've been able to melt Ashara under my boot.

Why? Because she wouldn't submit to becoming your servant and lacky again? The fact she held off your lightning attack and walked away should've shown you she wasn't that scared, confused, indecisive young Jedi you forced into your service. I'm glad BW didn't allow her to be arbitrarily killed for some perceived slight on the part of the Inquisitor. Good for them!

Why? Because she wouldn't submit to becoming your servant and lacky again? The fact she held off your lightning attack and walked away should've shown you she wasn't that scared, confused, indecisive young Jedi you forced into your service. I'm glad BW didn't allow her to be arbitrarily killed for some perceived slight on the part of the Inquisitor. Good for them!

Having the desire to not want to be a servant is all well & good, but actually having the power to back up that desire is something else entirely. Lots of people don't want to be servants and lackeys, but that choice is hardly ever theirs to make when someone far more powerful demands their obedience. And someone who has killed nigh-immortal gods isn't going to be defied by a little girl coming off a sojourn. That's ridiculousness of epic proportions.

Having the desire to not want to be a servant is all well & good, but actually having the power to back up that desire is something else entirely. Lots of people don't want to be servants and lackeys, but that choice is hardly ever theirs to make when someone far more powerful demands their obedience. And someone who has killed nigh-immortal gods isn't going to be defied by a little girl coming off a sojourn. That's ridiculousness of epic proportions.

The power of personal freedom cannot be suppressed by the will of someone who believes them to be equal to a god. Said individuals will defy all in defense of that freedom. BTW, while everyone is saying <insert toon class> 'killed nigh-immortal gods' themselves need to remember that they did not and could not do it alone and had help of 3 or 4 (if they brought his father along to aid them) other people during that moment. Otherwise, they'd found out that the 'immortal god' himself was the ultimate power in the universe. So...that statement really doesn't float a boat in my book. :D

She walked away while SI just stood there, though. Basically Inquisitor let her go, whether the player wanted them to or not. Imo the issue is not with how Ashara was written in this scene, it's how SI was.

The power of personal freedom cannot be suppressed by the will of someone who believes them to be equal to a god. Said individuals will defy all in defense of that freedom. BTW, while everyone is saying <insert toon class> 'killed nigh-immortal gods' themselves need to remember that they did not and could not do it alone and had help of 3 or 4 (if they brought his father along to aid them) other people during that moment. Otherwise, they'd found out that the 'immortal god' himself was the ultimate power in the universe. So...that statement really doesn't float a boat in my book. :D

Yeah they could. Pc could kill the wife, children, release the father and take valk solo. Meaning even if they did decide to opt in for help, they still had the capacity to go toe to toe with one of the, if not the, greatest power in the galaxy.

That slight is weird to me. We ourselves (the Inq) were slaves, and broke our chains to freedom. I guess no one else in the galaxy but us gets to do that anymore?

Just like Another said back some time ago. "Now We're the Companion in our own story". We nolonger make any decisions, you do the actions, get the results (They want you to have) and go on with what those (Former) companions have laid out. Nobody is actually in charge of their Character(s) anymore; not since KotFE started. As for Ashara this is actually Not how the Hieratical structure works. The S.I. is in the process of being Usurped and can do nothing to stop it. Usurped by the twit no less. Those that didn't like her, too bad she stays, those that didn't like Arcann, too bad he stays too and don't forget, nearly everybody else has dropped off , been killed (by you or other people). Just stuck .Once again Everybody in the game has to go on because only some wanted it. Great job Boyd. your writing and lack of forethought has created this.

Just like Another said back some time ago. "Now We're the Companion in our own story". We nolonger make any decisions, you do the actions, get the results (They want you to have) and go on with what those (Former) companions have laid out. Nobody is actually in charge of their Character(s) anymore; not since KotFE started. As for Ashara this is actually Not how the Hieratical structure works. The S.I. is in the process of being Usurped and can do nothing to stop it. Usurped by the twit no less. Those that didn't like her, too bad she stays, those that didn't like Arcann, too bad he stays too and don't forget, nearly everybody else has dropped off , been killed (by you or other people). Just stuck .Once again Everybody in the game has to go on because only some wanted it. Great job Boyd. your writing and lack of forethought has created this.

Is Ashara trying to take your place ("usurp") or is she just leaving from your shadow to go do her own thing (as she has been for 5-7 years)? I didn't take those convo choices but I could see how someone might be a little annoyed if she was presuming to REPLACE you in your place in the galaxy...

Yeah they could. Pc could kill the wife, children, release the father and take valk solo. Meaning even if they did decide to opt in for help, they still had the capacity to go toe to toe with one of the, if not the, greatest power in the galaxy.

I killed all three and let his father go. I was NOT alone in the final battle. Explain that to me then?

It was my Impression Ashara was nolonger going to feel a subject of but as an equal. That is Ambiguous yes. However in Sith Lore how often has this lead to equality? Ashara was brought in as an Observer. Hang out with, Watch its still the Inquisitors show. If not usurping its still Insubordinate. I really doubt the Sith and their hierarchy would see this as acceptable. Every member on the ship is allied to the Inquisitor (Khem is weird in his dedication, its "Only to the Inq. as a person I believe"). Sith members don't get positions because they are nice, or any other benign method, they take it and later someone takes that when the stronger member arrives.

She walked away while SI just stood there, though. Basically Inquisitor let her go, whether the player wanted them to or not. Imo the issue is not with how Ashara was written in this scene, it's how SI was.

I agree with this, exactly. The way SI was portrayed is non-sensical allowing them to just stand there while she gets to walk away unscathed. The cutscene was poorly executed and Darksiders should've gotten their chance to put her in her place once and for all. I'd never have allowed her on my ship or allowed her to live once her purpose had been served in the vanilla story. Plenty of other NPCs suffered and died under the SI for far less.

Not much point going on about it, I don't see them changing anything, but I wanted it known for the next time, that player characters need to be treated with more care and consideration. Choices are supposed to matter and yet Dark side SI's choice didn't matter in this instance. This was one of the poorest returns yet. There could've been any number of ways they could've given SI satisfaction and not make them stand there and do nothing like a yutz.

I never realized that my LI was hated so much by Inquisitor mains! I for one am glad she's back, I'm just pissed that we waited 2yrs and were given a short cutscene! ***! That aside, as others have already stated there's really nothing wrong with giving people the option to kill off their companions, it's not like most of old companions are even that relevant to the story anyways. Bioware seems hellbent on making sure that the majority of OG comps are just background characters with minimal dialogue.

I do admit however that I was slightly annoyed that she considers herself equal to my Darth Occlus, that statement is frankly ridiculous! I ate 4 *********** ghosts for christ sake! Short of absorbing ghosts herself or using some sort of ancient lightside ritual there's no way that she should be equal to any Inquisitor in terms of power. Although I don't consider the statement an offense worthy of death, hell I've never cared for playing as a full blown DSV....most of the DS choices our characters are able to make just feel very.....chaotic stupid I guess?

I'm Glad the L.S. Inq's got their "Love Interest" back I'm sure like all others they missed them (Virtually). Its the "Way It was Written" that *Again drove the story into the Corner/ Dead End. They possibly "Were Listening" about "Any "Kill/ No Kill Option" effectively deadens that comp to everybody (Except Arcann) so they try a different approach but again, They've really Mucked up the entire scene/Character. The "Sith. Inquisitor" is "By Default" a Sith DS character although "Many play the LS side". Its Good the Real SWTOR was able to provide for such Wide Range of styles however This,..Now,.. plays only well to the 1 LS Inq. looking for a friends return or 2 DS Inq. that cares nothing about the Sith culture. They catered to a smaller group again over the default and higher percentage (Pleased a few while P*****g off many). Who makes these decisions and who okay's them?

P.S. Is the New Ashara one of the "Pod people"?

I never realized that my LI was hated so much by Inquisitor mains! I for one am glad she's back, I'm just pissed that we waited 2yrs and were given a short cutscene! ***! That aside, as others have already stated there's really nothing wrong with giving people the option to kill off their companions, it's not like most of old companions are even that relevant to the story anyways. Bioware seems hellbent on making sure that the majority of OG comps are just background characters with minimal dialogue.

I do admit however that I was slightly annoyed that she considers herself equal to my Darth Occlus, that statement is frankly ridiculous! I ate 4 *********** ghosts for christ sake! Short of absorbing ghosts herself or using some sort of ancient lightside ritual there's no way that she should be equal to any Inquisitor in terms of power. Although I don't consider the statement an offense worthy of death, hell I've never cared for playing as a full blown DSV....most of the DS choices our characters are able to make just feel very.....chaotic stupid I guess?

Well, I'm happy for you that you got your comp back after two years. Did you even get a cut scene with a kiss between you? I've never liked her, so I never ventured to see how the other half live...not even on youtube. I do appreciate that you can see how darksiders would be annoyed. You're not wrong about the chaotic stupid...when I play my darksider, I tend to choose dark, unless it's ridiculous, or stupid, then I take the hit and work off my points with missions.

I wish they'd take the time to write some intelligent evil, it does exist, not every dark evil character is frothing at the mouth mad. :)

I'm Glad the L.S. Inq's got their "Love Interest" back I'm sure like all others they missed them (Virtually). Its the "Way It was Written" that *Again drove the story into the Corner/ Dead End. They possibly "Were Listening" about "Any "Kill/ No Kill Option" effectively deadens that comp to everybody (Except Arcann) so they try a different approach but again, They've really Mucked up the entire scene/Character. The "Sith. Inquisitor" is "By Default" a Sith DS character although "Many play the LS side". Its Good the Real SWTOR was able to provide for such Wide Range of styles however This,..Now,.. plays only well to the 1 LS Inq. looking for a friends return or 2 DS Inq. that cares nothing about the Sith culture. They catered to a smaller group again over the default and higher percentage (Pleased a few while P*****g off many). Who makes these decisions and who okay's them?

P.S. Is the New Ashara one of the "Pod people"?

I don't understand how they arrive at the decisions they do either sometimes. I am curious though, is she a pod person? Anyone?

Well, I'm happy for you that you got your comp back after two years. Did you even get a cut scene with a kiss between you? I've never liked her, so I never ventured to see how the other half live...not even on youtube. I do appreciate that you can see how darksiders would be annoyed. You're not wrong about the chaotic stupid...when I play my darksider, I tend to choose dark, unless it's ridiculous, or stupid, then I take the hit and work off my points with missions.

I wish they'd take the time to write some intelligent evil, it does exist, not every dark evil character is frothing at the mouth mad. :)

I don't understand how they arrive at the decisions they do either sometimes. I am curious though, is she a pod person? Anyone?

Haha of course, and I definitely agree with you that we need more intelligent darkside decisions! Darth Jadus was excellent example of a person who was extremely evil but also highly intelligent.

And yeah if you romanced Ashara and decide to take her back you do get a sweet kissing scene which is nice, but I was hoping for a bit more dialogue and an actual mission. I guess I shouldn't whine too much though since it seems like most romanced characters got the shaft. I doubt they'll treat Kira's or Jaesa's return any different, and Akaavi is definitely getting shafted. My expectations have been extremely tempered by this experience

Of course she's a pod person. It's an intended feature for all returns now. It was a gigantic mistake to not stick with her terminal version...she was still alive before the alert, then pod person after. Just what I wanted, Bioware! Thank you so much!!!:mad::mad::mad: