New Conquest System: First Impressions

MorseGod

I understand the desire to prevent people from hitting their conquest goals on all 500 of their toons in a week (Okay... I usually hit 6-7 not 500), but this is ridiculous. I would run my random every day on multiple toons, run through heroics, on mutliple toons, do my PvP daily on at least three toons, now.... I can be done with my daily process in about an hour and then do more productive things like.....taking a walk, going for a run, practicing my Tai chi.

I do understand the thought behind not letting guilds do multiple Lockout per day across lots of toons. However, the goal for many people was to get to their Personal achievement, and shoot for the leaderboard to get their encryptions for the week for their guild. My initial thought with there being a guild goal was "Hell yeah! Now we can concentrate on hitting a goal instead of worrying about falling out of the leader board. This is going to help us a lot" Then I login this morning and see all the stuff we used to do to try to hit our goals gone, and I was thinking "How the hell are we going to hit 460K this week with so many things being once per day per legacy. We are too small to do that now"

I have defended a lot of stuff, even tried to understand why things were done the way they were, this is bad. Real bad.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Feel free to use this thread as a source of general feedback on the Conquest revamp. We will be reading through the thread (and of course the rest of the forums) and gathering feedback.

-eric

We need a full rollback

to the old conquest modus!

I have the feeling the new conquest is Galactic Command 2.0! :mad:

The new crafting system is totaly damaged! We need to much materials and to much various materials for one Item!

The conquest PVP System is also totaly damaged! Do you think 1 PVP game and then Bye is normal? :rak_02:

How you give us this new garbage system without information in Patchnotes?

Why you dont talk with your community?

The new System is garbage!

Edited by Manjaca

Well this looks like it should cure my addiction to this game quite nicely.

I used to like doing conquest

I certainly wont be doing crafting the way it is now, gathering was tedious enough before. The rest of it seems pretty hard work too :/

conquest was one of the last things holding me here. and now... lol

Double Ditto. First we lost many GSFer and PVPers because of single story Kotfe. Then APAC players. Now Conquest players.

Drop it to one server: east coast, whatever. Go maintenance mode. Stop all new content and upgrades. Don't bother patching bugs, you'll just make more bugs. AND.. maybe just maybe you'll keep enough players around to keep the lights on. Yeah, I'm probably overblown here, but like others this is super upsetting.:mad:

I don't even want to go into the game that relaxes me!

First impression:

- The new layout for conquest is ugly as all hell, and pointlessly changed. The other one looked more appealing to the eye, and simply straight to point, and easier to guide newcomers to.

- The new changes to the points are actually a bigger hindrance to smaller guilds than they're to bigger guilds. I just hope heroics don't get nerfed in points, because that'd completely kill any competition the smaller guilds could give the bigger guilds.

- The nerf in points for operations + crafting harder is ridiculous. idk why they continue to make crafting to a point where people will eventually not want to craft at all. It's insanely bad. And group finder operations were one of the ways smaller guilds could compete with the larger ones.

- The yield system with no invasion bonus is pointless. The Yield system could've been done better with a tier system for conquest points overall achieved on no matter what the planet invaded. Getting rid of invasion bonuses.. idek what to say.

- Changes to the PVP to earn points... bruhh

Basically, the Devs continue to make conquest worst and worst.. all you needed to do was increase the damn rewards.. THAT IS IT.. there was no other change needed. Even the whole stronghold bonus change was pointless, and beneficial to the bigger guilds more than the smaller guilds.

Even if y'all had good intentions.. this is plain out horrible. The sole reason I continue to play this game is because of conquest, sole reason many of guildies continue to play this game is because of conquest.

Who in the blue hell is coming up with all these dumb changes????

Edited by KingGolDragon

Hey folks,

Feel free to use this thread as a source of general feedback on the Conquest revamp. We will be reading through the thread (and of course the rest of the forums) and gathering feedback.

-eric

Bring back repeatable flashpoint objectives for veteran/master mode... and don't make the point totals worth almost nothing, please.

I understand the need to scale back the huge points that large guilds like my own were racking up with crafting. But this, this is ridiculous.

Why? Small guilds like mine were never going to make number one anyway. My only protest was to weeks like iokath where we stood no chance at even making the board. Now? Im ****ed as the guild leader of a small guild. Ill get maybe one encryption this week where im used to 5-12.

I understand the desire to prevent people from hitting their conquest goals on all 500 of their toons in a week

Why? I run a small maybe 10-15 person guild. I capped 11 toons last week and am practically single handedly funding a guild ship expansion, with only the help of our crafter (RIP thanks to the changes). I play more i cap more. I get to have a point to my denzions of alts, wheres the problem?

Hey eric, or really, any of the incompetent dev team, how about getting on the forums and explaining your reasoning behind any of these absolutely laughable conquest changes? hmm?

+1 I've stuck with swtor for over 5 years. Even stuck through the initial 5.0 command system nightmare while they fixed it. This might be the straw that breaks the camels back, especially if they ruin pvp tanking too.

I'm enjoying it. I would say that the worst part is possibly the lower numbers. But I assume it's to be combined with the bigger numbers. I'm totally cool with that. It gives more incentive to do an Ops for Conquest, rather than grind out the solo stuff all day. I stopped because, it was too easy for people to do Solo content and get their massive Zerg guild to the top spot, while those of us smaller guilds that grind out everything can barely stay above rank 10.

In my opinion, this is a welcome change. Anyone complaining about how awful things are, are most likely in one of those aforementioned guilds, or one that's used to the top spot, but now don't like that they can't just AFK all week crafting to reach top tier. Crafting should pad the numbers, not dominate. Daily missions should pad the numbers more than crafting, but still not dominate. Defeating World Bosses, Flashpoints, Operations, etc., those are your dominating numbers.

If you're going for the Large yield, expect it to take longer, to take more effort to reach the goal. This isn't a one-and-done thing. Grinding is part of the MMO way. Why is this so hard to understand?

I am fine with where things are, and if changes need to be made, give it time to reveal itself.

I'm enjoying it. I would say that the worst part is possibly the lower numbers. But I assume it's to be combined with the bigger numbers. I'm totally cool with that. It gives more incentive to do an Ops for Conquest, rather than grind out the solo stuff all day. I stopped because, it was too easy for people to do Solo content and get their massive Zerg guild to the top spot, while those of us smaller guilds that grind out everything can barely stay above rank 10.

In my opinion, this is a welcome change. Anyone complaining about how awful things are, are most likely in one of those aforementioned guilds, or one that's used to the top spot, but now don't like that they can't just AFK all week crafting to reach top tier. Crafting should pad the numbers, not dominate. Daily missions should pad the numbers more than crafting, but still not dominate. Defeating World Bosses, Flashpoints, Operations, etc., those are your dominating numbers.

If you're going for the Large yield, expect it to take longer, to take more effort to reach the goal. This isn't a one-and-done thing. Grinding is part of the MMO way. Why is this so hard to understand?

I am fine with where things are, and if changes need to be made, give it time to reveal itself.

i love that you assume this.

i am guildless and i played alts all the time to get the solo reward. this is just sickening to me though. this has killed my incentive to play different alts.

Edited by ThomasStarWars

+1 I've stuck with swtor for over 5 years. Even stuck through the initial 5.0 command system nightmare while they fixed it. This might be the straw that breaks the camels back, especially if they ruin pvp tanking too.

The straw is being placed for many of us, like so many before this group.

i love that you assume this.

i am guildless and i played alts all the time to get the solo reward. this is just sickening to me though. this has killed my incentive to play different alts.

So join a guild. There are plenty out there. You're not dedicating your life to them. You aren't enslaved to them. I did say that if things need to change to give it time.

@Eric, one bonus question:

You have been here a long time and I always had the feeling you are a smart guy who knows what he is doing, but who simply has to do a lot of weird things due to his job description.

Can you give us a sign to indicate that you knew what this patch would bring upon you guys? I would really like to believe that you asked in the meetings "are you 100% sure you wanna do this? I tell you, this is a horrible idea. Please don't." and then they gave you the task to make some odd social media companion chaos questionnaire, so that you would shut up and leave the room.

I need to know that there is at least one sane person left at BW. If it is you, please post a reply to my comment with a meaningless phrasing like "We at BW value your feedback, dear JattaGin. Keep the comments coming."

If you write a thing like this, then we know that you understand, but you cannot say it out loud. Also, use three different Rakghoul emojis if you are being held hostage.

I don't care much about conquest, but I usually met my personal goal on 2-3 chars just doing PVP and Flashpoints.

Now I can earn a whoopin 825 conquest points once per day for winning a warzone? Lol.

- nobody is going to "accidentally" finish their personal conquest goal anymore.

- conquest is still hidden in the mission log.

- It's much harder for "casual" conquest guilds to reach their goal.

What an utter waste of resources...

Edited by Mubrak

Descriptions. That's the worst part. Things aren't clear. As the OP mentioned, they're not helpful in stating what to do. There's also no *clear* indication as to what is a daily mission, repeatable, or weekly. Though I think it's obvious which ones aren't repeatable (daily or otherwise), since those don't have a "repeatable mission" icon on them. But the daily and repeatable missions aren't exactly clear.

I'm enjoying it.

Well, if they don't make changes for the greater good, you might find yourself on a rather sparse server and can grind and grind and grind til your little heart is content. There's nothing out there that says MMOs should be a grind. This is not a good change for us or them. But to each their own.

Hey folks,

-eric

I just ran Battle of Ilum, got credit and CP for killing the 2 world bosses when killing Velasu Graege and Drindra-Zel. Go figure. Anyway, it didn't change to completed, so I'm assuming it can be farmed if desired. But I won't run the damn thing 60-odd times for 20k points. No thank you, ma'am. So...

I'm done with PvP.

I'm done with GSF.

I'm done crafting - that's even more of a total waste of time and resources than it was before.

I'm done with FP's.

I don't do Ops.

I don't do uprisings because I have no interest in them.

Conquest was one of the main things keeping me playing. Now there is nothing left to keep me interested in playing.

You guys (BW) make me sick to my stomach. You made it sound like these changes were going to be done so that smaller guilds would have a chance to earn some of the rewards, but you gutted the living hell out of everything and made it totally worthless. Now all those guilds that have been crafting invasion forces for years have something to spend them on, so they're going to be on top because they probably have tens of thousands of them.

PS: I hope you guys are happy. In my opinion you just killed the game. I will not be renewing my sub. Good job.

Rollback to the previous conquest set up please...

Yes, this is the only Truth.

We need immediately a rollback to the old system. And not like Galactic Command to wait Months.

No Bioware. Thill of the Hunt 2.0 is not Fun!

Well, if they don't make changes for the greater good, you might find yourself on a rather sparse server and can grind and grind and grind til your little heart is content. There's nothing out there that says MMOs should be a grind. This is not a good change for us or them. But to each their own.

All MMOs are a grind. It's how they've been setup. A grind is a grind. However, it doesn't need to be a steep grind. SWTOR is the least when it comes to grinding. I play STO, THAT has steep grind to it.

The question should be "How can they not screw this up?" They're very efficient at screwing things up.

In reference to my earlier post: Yes, I just ran Battle of Ilum, got credit and CP for killing the 2 world bosses when killing Velasu Graege and Drindra-Zel. Go figure. Anyway, it didn't change to completed, so I'm assuming it can be farmed if desired. But I won't run the damn thing 60-odd times for 20k points. No thank you, ma'am.

I'm done with PvP.

I'm done with GSF.

I'm done crafting - that's even more of a total waste of time and resources than it was before.

I'm done with FP's.

I don't do Ops.

I don't do uprisings because I have no interest in them.

There is nothing left to keep me interested in playing.

You guys (BW) make me sick to my stomach. You made it sound like these changes were going to be done so that smaller guilds would have a chance to earn some of the rewards, but you gutted the living hell out of everything and made it totally worthless. Now all those guilds that have been crafting invasion forces for years have something to spend them on, so they're going to be on top because they probably have tens of thousands of them.

I completely mirror this! Posting here from another thread. EDIT: You already did this! ha sorry

Edited by Zerileth