New Conquest System: First Impressions

MorseGod

Man, I didn't expect people to react this negatively to a single patch. I honestly don't see any problems with it other than getting Conquest now takes more time. Big deal.

If Conquest farming is the only reason some of you still play, you might be playing for the wrong reasons.

Yeah one of my players in my guild hit 20k. It's doable.

I agree the point award system needs work, and the repeatability needs work.

Won't see me quitting over it.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like the second coming of galactic command when that launched and just like then.

GC and Conquest revamp are just terrible. If this was their working as intended version. They deserve the negativity thats coming.

Edited by Quraswren

With or without the current bug that makes it easier?

I dont want to quit, i do want to feel like im getting what i pay for.

It's like the second coming of galactic command when that launched and just like then.

GC and Conquest revamp are just terrible. If this was their working as intended version. They deserve the negativity thats coming.

They deserve a chance to fix it, too.

New Idea,

Thinking about going to Bioware itself.

I am sure that either I or one of my geeky computer nerdy friends can get a email address for one of the senior members of Bioware. Maybe to get escalation this issue needs a helping hand. Will follow up on this post when I have more info.

Tremor

Methinks the Bio brass won't give a damn cause it isn't about Anthem. Anthem was the death of the ME franchise, it'll be the death of SWTOR, and it'll be the death of Bioware.

Methinks the Bio brass won't give a damn cause it isn't about Anthem. Anthem was the death of the ME franchise, it'll be the death of SWTOR, and it'll be the death of Bioware.

The funny thing is with swtor, all they really HAVE to do to keep most of us that are left was maintain the status quo and let it live on the IP.

Apparently they cant even manage that

His first 10k was from killing 1 npc anywhere in the game. Hello? Nevermind. You win the troll label of the day. Your broken record agenda is too obvious.

Agreed, it's very unfair that these changes to conquest crafting were implemented with absolutely no warning.

You have to cut them some slack. They didn't know before. The intern they got from the Anthem team who came in last Tuesday for one week in order to code this update didn't tell them what he would do. That's why they didn't tell us anything upfront or even provided false information. They didn't know what would be and thought that this new conquest would be really good.

Unfortunately it is. I always feel a bit pity if someone gets strong negativity after having done something. I know the feeling myself. In this case though, it's really hard to defend any of it. No one at BW can be surprised about this feedback. If they are, they have learned zilch since 2011. And that's really hard to understand. How can they constantly repeat the same mistakes over and over again - and even top them?

I can't say I agree. These changes are like novice game makers in someone garage, not a multi-million dollar video game company.

SNIP...

Unfortunately it is. I always feel a bit pity if someone gets strong negativity after having done something. I know the feeling myself. In this case though, it's really hard to defend any of it. No one at BW can be surprised about this feedback. If they are, they have learned zilch since 2011. And that's really hard to understand. How can they constantly repeat the same mistakes over and over again - and even top them?

Exactly.

Edited by Quraswren

The funny thing is with swtor, all they really HAVE to do to keep most of us that are left was maintain the status quo and let it live on the IP.

Conspiracy theory: Maybe Bioware is TRYING to make people quit en masse so they can justify shutting the game down and making room for Anthem?

Well, that's your opinion and your welcome to it. But the back lash to this is overwhelming and Bioware better pay attention this time.

I agree. This is too much. There is way more negative feed back about this change than good.

Honestly, I can’t see anyone who is actually happy about it. They may say it’s fine and it won’t affect them playing, but I can’t see them being ecstatic about it either or parsing it. I’m mainly only seeing apathy at best from those not giving negative feedback.

Bioware need to wake up and understand players don’t like change for the sake of change. Especially change that removes participation from certain parts of the game. Or making it grindy (5.0 CXP mess).

They better understand how negative this change will be for people and why people are extremely unhappy enough to unsubscribe after everything that has gone on since 5.0.

It seems they take a tiny step forward and 10 steps backwards. How are we expected to hold the faith with them when they won’t learn from previous mistakes or even consult with the community before forcing major changes to systems that was fine as they were.

If we don’t hear something back today or tomorrow to acknowledge they made a mistake and promise to fix it fast and I mean in a week, not a month, not 6 months, not 9 months like they did with CXP grind, I mean this week, then I think they may have killed the game for good this time because people who were still here and reasonably happy will now leave too.

If you find an email, please let us know so we can flood their email with complaints. That should get their attention.

I did not find an email, however, EA is the Parent Company of Bioware and I reached out to Patrick Soderlund through a PM on Facebook with my issue and the fact that a response requires a timely answer. He is one of the Executive VPs of EA who has worked with the Bioware Platform and Star Wars!

Keith, Eric, I refuse to watch this game implode because of this idiotic mistake regardless of who I have to go to. Next, maybe Social Media would be a good source, if we get no response.

LadyTremor

Yes they do and I hope they do. It's not that we play only for conquest but conquest gives, or gave, a really nice structure to the end game.

This.

And to the poster who thinks if you are only playing for conquest you are playing for the wrong reason. Then I suppose you also think anyone only playing for story is playing for the wrong reason, or anyone only playing to pvp is playing for the wrong reason. And you pay all those people's subscriptions so you can decide what the 'right' reason is also. Correct?

The SWTOR dev team is not a part of some multi-million dollar company staff. Those people are all working on Anthem. What we have here is a tiny micro staff...that completely have no clue what their player base(ie. their customers) wants.

Massively overworked/understaffed AND clueless is not a good combination.

Create a Star Wars MMO void? Maybe EA wants out of the Disney contract.

It's more like Disney wants out of it's contract with EA and Ea is giving 'em plenty of reason to, especially with the bad press from the loot box/pay to win blow up over BF.

This.

And to the poster who thinks if you are only playing for conquest you are playing for the wrong reason. Then I suppose you also think anyone only playing for story is playing for the wrong reason, or anyone only playing to pvp is playing for the wrong reason. And you pay all those people's subscriptions so you can decide what the 'right' reason is also. Correct?

Story and PvP are two very compelling reasons to play this game. Grinding Conquest to make some guild ship look a little bit nicer is not. This is not EVE.

Sure Eric,

Let me do just that, from a long time Subscriber, this new system, simply put, sucks. You all need to do a patch, revert back to the pre 5.8 way it was and rethink the whole revamp getting feedback from your subs prior to any changes. This was a Colossal waste of time. I can not even believe that you would take a great part of the game and trash it the way you did. Let's talk about all of the changes that have negatively impacted this part of the game:

1. Crafting: Obliterated - now five levels of components are needs for a single war supply?? That is just plain Stupid! And You all changed the definition of the Stronghold Bonuses exciting some people that they had a better chance at higher bonuses just to destroy the values.

2. Warzones: All you have done to PVP is repeatedly trash it, first removing PVP Ranked gear,

basically destroying lower PVP and Solo Ranked and now there is no Participation points for Conquests. Thanks.

3. Operations: What is so bad about Lockouts?? Or if there is a problem with them so be it,

just make it a requirement that for credit a character must complete the whole Op for credit, but, no you ruined the opportunity to do Operations for Conquest on Multiple Characters. If you all have such a problem with duplicate characters than why on earth have you increased the number of characters that a person can have on an account by so much.

Let's Go On!!!

4. Flashpoints: A great idea, fun idea, allowing groups of four to experience different aspects of the game with various challenges at various levels. Prior to 5.8 there were Groupfinder and Hardmode selections which were available offering challenges with nice rewards if people were game enough to take them on. Now you all have basically said to us, pardon my French but, F/U, no more of these rewards for challenges for you.

You know what I am done, because, I doubt that you or anyone else in Bioware gives a damn or that any changes to this once great part of a game that it feels like you all are trying to destroy will be taken seriously enough that something will be done.

A truly disgusted Subscriber,

LadyTremor

Yep couldn't agree more with all of the above. Especially no points for daily flashpoints will hurt the ques. GSF points are ridiculously low and only for winning. Pvp, giving points only for winning too. Both will slow or kill ques.

What the lummox(es) who decided to implement these changes fails to realize, is that frequently for a given span of 1-2 hours sometimes more, a particular faction will be much stronger and win most of the Wzs or gsf matches. If your playing on the weaker side after a 1-2 matches this will become apparent and you'll stop queing if you're trying to do conquest and do something else, or just not play.

Really devs, what bizarro alternate reality are you living in that you think this is good idea? This makes me think of quote from a trade federation representative to Nute Gunray "What, are you brain dead?"

Edited by CyorReco

Do they?

How often can an update/patch desaster happen before saying: That was one time too often. Just look at the whole story for this update. The announcement, marketing, information, community management, actual patch. This was all handled very, very badly. It's one thing to not have enough devs. But did the people who we know are still there and get salary do their job in an acceptable way? I'm thinking of badly prepared livestreams where they even tell false information (because they apparently didn't know what will happen in 5.8). Can we not expect a job well done if it includes nothing more than giving out information? How difficult is that?

Curious, isn't it? I wouldn't be able to find an explanation for it. Makes no sense whatsoever to me.

Anthem was the death of the ME franchise, it'll be the death of SWTOR, and it'll be the death of Bioware.

At the moment, it very much looks like it. Something is going very wrong at BW.

Conspiracy theory: Maybe Bioware is TRYING to make people quit en masse so they can justify shutting the game down and making room for Anthem?

This question has been raised frequently during the last months. It would be a plausible explanation for many unexplainable things as of late.

I am amazed how they can take something so borderline broken, that many people actually did, and make it worse.

Gratz....

No seriously, it would be better if you actually put it back to pre 5.8. No one tested this properly and it is trash.