Any chance of ever seeing Theron again?

evasilievna

James Bonds character was based on several *Real English spies during WW2 and Ian Fleming worked in the English Naval Intelligence during that time. During WW2 several of the operatives would *Disappear sometimes for months at a time one even being found months later "Skiing" in Canada, drunken and with a Nazi High ranking Officers lover. After being Disavowed and brandished a Deserter his tryst provided some of the wars most influential intelligence saving untold lives and shortening the war greatly. *Spies do these things its just what they do and the least number of people that know the better (Bad guys have spies too). Theron is a Spy its what he does they are never *Bound and would be utterly useless if made to "Heel" like a pet. If after all this he's been doing it for a good reason give him a medal, if he's clearly a deserter he's out.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, my guild mates told me, but i'm not going to start Jedi Consular because , according to the same people, Zenith is the most hated companion and will never be re-introduced in game. Of course, they could be wrong, joking or trolling, but still i'm not willing to do Consular just to never see the companions again. Sorry.

Wrong, Skadge is the most hated companion ever, if you don't believe me you can search the forums.

I'm 95% certain Theron is just working undercover and will return to us at the end of the Nathem Conspiracy flashpoint coming out on May 1st. I'm curious to see what reason he'll give for not letting the Commander in on the plan (particularly if you're playing as an Imperial Agent toon). Don't get me wrong, I fully understand that spies generally keep their plans to themselves but I'm still curious to see if he'll give a reason.

I also have a feeling that Lana is in on it, the fact that she's being so vocal about wanting to kick his arse has a very "the lady doth protest too much" vibe to it, especially given that she's more of a silent but deadly type, rather than an angry venter.

I'm actually hoping that we won't have the option to kill him or kick him out of the Alliance (not yet anyway) mainly because, as another poster pointed out, once they're killable they don't play as big a role in the story going forward and given that Theron is practically one of our advisers (and partly responsible for our protagonist ending up on the Eternal Throne due to the Ziost incident) having him suddenly relegated to the background would feel kinda odd all the time the Alliance is still in operation with ongoing content for it.

I'm 95% certain Theron is just working undercover and will return to us at the end of the Nathem Conspiracy flashpoint coming out on May 1st. I'm curious to see what reason he'll give for not letting the Commander in on the plan (particularly if you're playing as an Imperial Agent toon). Don't get me wrong, I fully understand that spies generally keep their plans to themselves but I'm still curious to see if he'll give a reason.

I also have a feeling that Lana is in on it, the fact that she's being so vocal about wanting to kick his arse has a very "the lady doth protest too much" vibe to it, especially given that she's more of a silent but deadly type, rather than an angry venter.

I'm actually hoping that we won't have the option to kill him or kick him out of the Alliance (not yet anyway) mainly because, as another poster pointed out, once they're killable they don't play as big a role in the story going forward and given that Theron is practically one of our advisers (and partly responsible for our protagonist ending up on the Eternal Throne due to the Ziost incident) having him suddenly relegated to the background would feel kinda odd all the time the Alliance is still in operation with ongoing content for it.

I suspect one of the following reasons for his "betrayal" :

- SiS and the new Chancellor ordered him to shut up and do not include the Commander into the plan

- he is somehow mentally controlled by the Heralds/ new Exalted ( like in IA story)

- the Heralds kidnapped Satele and threatened to kill her if he doesn't do exactly as told

- the Republic wanted Syndic Zenta & Valss dead, therefore they contacted Theron and somehow convinced him to pose as a traitor, only to force the Commander to hunt him down and dispose of the Chiss brother & sister

I suspect one of the following reasons for his "betrayal" :

- SiS and the new Chancellor ordered him to shut up and do not include the Commander into the plan

- he is somehow mentally controlled by the Heralds/ new Exalted ( like in IA story)

- the Heralds kidnapped Satele and threatened to kill her if he doesn't do exactly as told

- the Republic wanted Syndic Zenta & Valss dead, therefore they contacted Theron and somehow convinced him to pose as a traitor, only to force the Commander to hunt him down and dispose of the Chiss brother & sister

The possible mind control and Satele being kidnapped are actually two thoughts that entered my head too, I'm making a video about it as we speak... I should probably get it done before Tuesday, just in case there's any trace of the Nathem 5.9 flashpoint details in the 5.8 update that'll undoubtedly get datamined.

The possible mind control and Satele being kidnapped are actually two thoughts that entered my head too, I'm making a video about it as we speak... I should probably get it done before Tuesday, just in case there's any trace of the Nathem 5.9 flashpoint details in the 5.8 update that'll undoubtedly get datamined.

I vote for Satele being kidnapped. Theron loves his mother even if she gave him away as a child and maybe, just maybe wants to have a normal family relationship with her.

Theron doesn't answer to the SIS anymore and hasn't since he cut ties and joined with the Alliance (hence his disillusionment with Malcom). Why would they, or the Chancellor, have any reason to shut him up? Especially when he's quite content to see Saresh put to death. I can only picture him pointing and laughing at any orders coming from that side of the camp. He's Alliance, through and through...there should be no doubt on that.

I'm 99.9999% sure it's as simple as he went behind the Commander's back (a la' Theron's style of using a window instead of a perfectly good door) to protect him/her. And, if romanced, it makes even more sense. Theron does Stupid Theron Stuff, especially when it comes to the person he loves (abandonment issues and such).

I think the Satele thing is grasping at straws. BioWare isn't that inventive when it comes to story (sadly, they've burned my bridge as far as defending them when story is concerned). And I think if Theron wanted a normal mother/son relationship, he would have had one by now. He's very resentful of Satele and has said so numerous times. If there is one he regrets, it's Malcom. (And if you haven't read his companion comic and novel, then I would highly suggest it, because it paints a more complete picture of his personality and the relationship, or lack thereof, with his parents).

That, in a nutshell, leads me back to my second point...that he will bend over backwards to protect those closest to him...which is the Commander...even if it's to his own detriment, and the potential loss of that relationship. The Commander, especially a romanced one, is his family.

Edited by Dracofish

That, in a nutshell, leads me back to my second point...that he will bend over backwards to protect those closest to him...which is the Commander...even if it's to his own detriment, and the potential loss of that relationship. The Commander, especially a romanced one, is his family.

I actually got done reading the novel a couple of days ago, it definitely gives you more insight into his personality and habit of going off half-cocked into the thick of it while figuring out a plan as he goes along. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that he's pulled a stunt like this. He certainly strikes me as the extreme loyal type, once he's committed to something (be it a person or mission) he'll see it through to the end and put himself in unnecessary danger to protect everyone else.

There's no way in hell his speech about sacrificing millions for the greater good was sincere, especially with how disgusted he was with his father for allowing thousands of people to die to avoid jeopardising the Ascendant Spear mission.

There's no way in hell his speech about sacrificing millions for the greater good was sincere.

Unless he is somehow mentally controlled by Revan, if you remember Revan wanted to sacrifice millions of people "for the greater good" too.

Unless he is somehow mentally controlled by Revan, if you remember Revan wanted to sacrifice millions of people "for the greater good" too.

I'm pretty sure BioWare has confirmed that Revan is gone for good. This is all the Order of Zildrog, and his giant play-act at going deep undercover to stop whatever it is they're up to.

I don't think it's far-fetched to see that everything he's said and done is an act. It's typical Theron Style of going off half-cocked and doing what he thinks he needs to do in order to protect the Alliance, and the Commander.

Castellan restraints (the mind-control used on the IA) don't allow for the person under control to work against their orders. The person might be able to work *around* them, but not against them in an open fashion. There are a number of things Theron has done that I would think disproves the theory of mind-control.

He wouldn't have set the train to crash before it hit its end-goal of the populated city. He wouldn't have used a stun round to knock out Lana (because you know she's in on it too). He wouldn't have blown out the window so the Commander could escape. He wouldn't have *told* the Commander exactly how much time she/he had so that she *could* escape. He wouldn't have left the crystals behind (something he was supposedly stealing). He wouldn't have recorded the conversation with the Masked Figure and allowed the Alliance to intercept it.

And if there is any remaining doubt, the name of his outfit is "Deep Cover Operative".

There's no way in hell his speech about sacrificing millions for the greater good was sincere, especially with how disgusted he was with his father for allowing thousands of people to die to avoid jeopardising the Ascendant Spear mission.

Yes, I believe everything he said in that scene was all for show. Someone was listening in and he had to make it convincing.

Edited by Dracofish

He wouldn't have set the train to crash before it hit its end-goal of the populated city. He wouldn't have used a stun round to knock out Lana (because you know she's in on it too). He wouldn't have blown out the window so the Commander could escape. He wouldn't have *told* the Commander exactly how much time she/he had so that she *could* escape. He wouldn't have left the crystals behind (something he was supposedly stealing). He wouldn't have recorded the conversation with the Masked Figure and allowed the Alliance to intercept it.

And if there is any remaining doubt, the name of his outfit is "Deep Cover Operative".

Yes, I believe everything he said in that scene was all for show. Someone was listening in and he had to make it convincing.

Gotta admit, you are right about everything you've said, never thought about the window,crystals & recorded message, now it looks like they were all part of a warning,something like "play along, i'll explain later"

Unless what he pulled ends up getting him killed - probably gonna see him again.

I got the sense that he liked Valss, and felt bad about getting him killed, with that comment about "you'll never win" when Valss jumped off the shuttle to delay us. Also, isn't Valss a Jedi? They dont usually participate in stuff that is evil. Its possible he knew what Theron was really up to, and sacrificed himself for "the plan".

Unrelated note- this "world eating" ritual for immortality was done several times by Vitiate/Valk. He was probably going to do the same to Zakul. Maybe Theron is trying to stop another similar event from happening.

Edited by Tarkashae

Unless what he pulled ends up getting him killed - probably gonna see him again.

I got the sense that he liked Valss, and felt bad about getting him killed, with that comment about "you'll never win" when Valss jumped off the shuttle to delay us.

Unrelated note- this "world eating" ritual for immortality was done several times by Vitiate/Valk. He was probably going to do the same to Zakul. Maybe Theron is trying to stop another similar event from happening.

You really think Valkorion would kill his wife, Senya? At some point, he must have had feelings for her, you don't have 3 children with someone you don't love, especially if you're the Emperor and can basically have any woman you want.

You really think Valkorion would kill his wife, Senya? At some point, he must have had feelings for her, you don't have 3 children with someone you don't love, especially if you're the Emperor and can basically have any woman you want.

Yes, without a doubt he'll kill her if it serves his purpose.

Absolutely, The Emperor *uses Valkorians body and I'm assuming any parts of Val/ the *Host's abilities he likes for whatever means. It was mentioned the people of Zakuul Loved their Emperor plus Senya is not a fool. We all noticed Valkorians Charisma. The Emperor controlling Valkorian's body uses Valkorians personality to build Zakuul up into a mega Thriving planet containing "More Life" then possible without such technology and happy (albeit blind) citizens thus Zakuul can when desired give him much more of the life force when sacrificed then possible otherwise.

Would Val/ The Emperor sacrifice his wife? Absolutely Senya fell in love with Valkorian but I've long suspected the Emperor thought of her as only a distraction and possibly a vassal for a Possible heir. Valkorian was liked but its the Emperor in charge, Valkorians Traits are only used when it serves the Emperor.

Absolutely he would've killed her. Hell, I bet he only had kids for the purpose of hollowing one of them out should the need/desire have taken him.

Of course he would. He's killed billions(?) of people. The side quest on Yavin 4 to aquire the dashade indicates that that world was once populated- and Nathama was populated, and Ziost. Zakul was just another battery for his ritual.

Similar to Iokath- with thrones and superweapons. I imagine Theron is just about done with that crap and he wants to try and destroy the weapon before it can be used?

Edited by Tarkashae

I *believe Valkorian saw Senya as likable yes but More importantly the ability to produce an heir *If he chose later on to carry on after Valkorian if need be. The problem however the three heirs as he saw were Inferior to what he wanted as a true successor. Thexan was somewhat more intelligent (LightSaber in the video) and a better fighter (The Video also) however I would think The Emperor forsaw Arcann's temper and frustration (Valkorian did smile slightly the moment Arcann jumped at him, Maybe fulfilling his 1st role).

Vaylin was unbelievably Powerful with the force however her mind was damaged (Senya alluded to emotional instability early on). With Thexan out of the way and both Arcann and Vaylin unsuitable to what the Emperor wanted he finds one with a higher potential and the abilities to *Knock Off the final two. The Emperor then *Guides us to defeating his last two obstacles. To The Emperor "Nobody" is more then a Tool, disposable, temporary and somewhat *Entertaining for a short time.

If I remember correctly, the only person who has stated that Vitiate intended to end all life was Scourge. I love Scourge (he's one of my favorites), but I think he might have gotten it wrong. Just like he was wrong in his vision that the Jedi Knight would end Vitiate...because in reality, the Knight only destroys the True Voice at the end of the class story.

I don't think consuming *all* life was ever Vitiate's plan. Granted, he's still ultimate baddy...but I truly believe he *does* love Zakuul. He had no intention on seeing that society destroyed. The rest of the galaxy could go down the crapper, but Zakuul at least he believed was the pinnacle of his achievement.

Edited by Dracofish

I got the sense that he liked Valss, and felt bad about getting him killed, with that comment about "you'll never win" when Valss jumped off the shuttle to delay us. Also, isn't Valss a Jedi? They dont usually participate in stuff that is evil. Its possible he knew what Theron was really up to, and sacrificed himself for "the plan".

Valss wasn't a Jedi. He and his sister were members of the Order of Zildrog...meaning they were cultists. You could tell that Valss was a little...off...in that he'd totally downed the kool-aid. He believed in the righteousness of Theron's mission, as any good little cultist would.

Theron may have felt bad about his dying, but I believe he was more interested in stopping Valss from jumping and potentially harming the Commander. He (and Lana) are really bending over backward to keep the Commander out of any sort of involvement. Because in the end, he only cares about the Alliance (and the Commander). You can also go one step further and imagine that there was likely something going on behind the scenes between the them...whether it was mutual affection or not. But I totally saw it. Theron is a Spy. He was doing what he needed to in order to get the job done. Sleeping with the enemy comes with the territory.

Edited by Dracofish

Theron may have felt bad about his dying, but I believe he was more interested in stopping Valss from jumping and potentially harming the Commander. He (and Lana) are really bending over backward to keep the Commander out of any sort of involvement. Because in the end, he only cares about the Alliance (and the Commander). You can also go one step further and imagine that there was likely something going on behind the scenes between the them...whether it was mutual affection or not. But I totally saw it. Theron is a Spy. He was doing what he needed to in order to get the job done. Sleeping with the enemy comes with the territory.

I got the impression that regardless of whether Valss was a member of the Zildrog cult he didn't want to see him get hurt, which is very much in Theron's nature as he'll avoid casualties where possible. I dare say he even liked the kid, crazy cultist or not he seemed kinda naive and easy to manipulate, so he probably would've tried to convince him to leave The Order eventually (if he was indeed part of it). Theron knows the Commander can handle themselves so I don't think he was worried about Valss causing too much damage, his concern was for Valss getting himself needlessly killed against an opponent who is notoriously tough to beat.

That's not to say he doesn't worry about the Commander's safety in general, he wouldn't be on this mission if he didn't care, but Theron knew for well that Valss didn't stand a chance.

Edited by AbilityDrain

Did you forget who we are talking about here. It's the Sith Emperor. The guy doesn't even have the capability to love anyone other than himself. He didn't genuinely love Senya. At best she was just a nice divertion of time. In fact he makes it perfectly clear during his last moments just what he really thinks of Senya and his entire family. To quote: "You were nothing but motes of filth until I graced you with my presence." and "A god has no family". In short he feels he is superior to his family and views them with nothing but contempt.