Izax Veteran Progression Rankings

The guilds did their progression on the PTS - so, 5 weeks of wiping on the PTS. That's new content, isn't it?

Regarding PTS-concerns: That was already discussed a few days ago. Move on folks, this is not a "we are so great with our world firsts"-thread, but a tracking thread for kills. And, as we see, there are just two groups, who were able to kill Izax until now, so probably this boss is a bit harder then the other 4. My impressions until now are also good - the mechanics are not easy, but after one raid night we are about to understand most of them. Now, it's time to execute them well. Some groups come along with raid times from 4 PM to 2 AM, others are just doing raiding 3 hours per day. Don't be cruel, don't be jealous, do you stuff. As others said in other threads: The only kill, that matters, is yours, not the kill of people, living hundreds and thousands of miles away, playing on other servers, people, you don't know and never will know. Let them have their world firsts and move on.

This was really refreshing to read. Pretty much covers the state of raiding in this game spot on.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Previous bosses and other opses were always cleared first by pts players. What the different now?

Back then (DP/DF/Darvanis) everybody could get on the PTS, which changes everything. I remember having a ton of fun discovering Darvanis on the open PTS with nobody knowing **** about any boss.

The first week of release used to be a lot of fun, everybody trying the bosses on it's own etc. Sure you can still do it that way, but with the "5 weeks pressure" and PTS Guilds already writing guides and passing allong videos days before 5.8 went live, everybody is reading up on mechanics. Also doesn't really help that the new operation is less a skill challenge and more a knowledge of mechanics challenge. They are not really hard, but there is a lot of them. Actually there are so much of them that you never see any random groups forming on the fleet to go do the new operation in HC. Maybe it's because the game is half dead, but I think it has also a lot to do with the new boss designs (and also of the way the op was released, nobody likes to form a group for 1-2 bosses).

Well, given that I am openly offended here I kinda have to answer although "progression" in SW:ToR is as dead as it can be.

Several German guilds, including mine, tried since before the release of Tyth to get their whole team onto the PTS. We wrote several e-mails to Musco and Keith and to the official email address to apply for the PTS. Keep in mind that we continued to do that for every boss and still never got invited. To simply claim that we "didn't try hard enough" is just ridiculous.

Plus this whole withholding videos point is obsolete because some guilds already got intel about the boss from friends in PTS guilds.

Please stop claiming that "everyone who wants" gets on the PTS and then you can withhold any video for whatever time you like and feel superior because you killed it before everyone else.

Zwirni

Right?

I can't believe some people would be so innocent to believe that they are withholding information about the fight just because they want to provide an incentive to people to progress by themselves. Yeah, I'm sure they are not doing it to be one of the few to have the tittle and achiev after 5.8. That's probably the bs of the year.

It makes absolutely no sense at all. And to think that actually sharing intel (after being for a loong time figuring things out about the fight on PTS, that only a few groups were given the opportunity to) would actually help other guilds to progress in the fight, providing actual incentive, considering the game is almost dead in content and a lot of people are leaving, to win something new and exciting after years of nothing. THAT would be helping the community.

Besides, like someone said earlier, it's pointless to withhold information since people have friends that were on the PTS that will be sharing info anyways. (those that are not d.i.c.k.s that is).

But sure, let's play along.

Also, I blame BW for having a closed PTS with hand picked groups. It allowed this kind of bs.

PTS should be always open to avoid this kind of thing.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. Cheers.

Edited by azamba

Right?

I can't believe some people would be so innocent to believe that they are withholding information about the fight just because they want to provide an incentive to people to progress by themselves. Yeah, I'm sure they are not doing it to be one of the few to have the tittle and achiev after 5.8. That's probably the bs of the year.

It makes absolutely no sense at all. And to think that actually sharing intel (after being for a loong time figuring things out about the fight on PTS, that only a few groups were given the opportunity to) would actually help other guilds to progress in the fight, providing actual incentive, considering the game is almost dead in content and a lot of people are leaving, to win something new and exciting after years of nothing. THAT would be helping the community.

Besides, like someone said earlier, it's pointless to withhold information since people have friends that were on the PTS that will be sharing info anyways. (those that are not d.i.c.k.s that is).

But sure, let's play along.

Also, I blame BW for having a closed PTS with hand picked groups. It allowed this kind of bs.

PTS should be always open to avoid this kind of thing.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents. Cheers.

From what I understand, the leader of your group decided applying for PTS would be "a waste of time." Every group had the opportunity throughout the entire year to get on to PTS regardless of what people are saying. People don't seem to understand that PTS is more about testing, tuning, and providing feedback than progression. I find it more selfish to expect to be handed everything from the groups that worked through the fight themselves. If people want to share their strats, all power to them. If they don't, then so be it. The point of this thread is to track peoples kills, and no one seems to be reading anything the OP has posted.

Edited by RussellRichter

From what I understand, the leader of your group decided applying for PTS would be "a waste of time." Every group had the opportunity throughout the entire year to get on to PTS regardless of what people are saying. People don't seem to understand that PTS is more about testing, tuning, and providing feedback than progression. I find it more selfish to expect to be handed everything from the groups that worked through the fight themselves. If people want to share their strats, all power to them. If they don't, then so be it. The point of this thread is to track peoples kills, and no one seems to be reading anything the OP has posted.

You are incorrect. PTS is over and I am no longer under NDA. I can say for a fact that a streamer tipped off Musco about NAM and that is how we got into PTS. I can say that I personally e mailed Musco three times with new names due to turn over and nothing. So do not sit there and give the BS line of you should have tried harder. I am certain lots of people applied to PTS so don't say anything ROSCOE!

You are incorrect. PTS is over and I am no longer under NDA. I can say for a fact that a streamer tipped off Musco about NAM and that is how we got into PTS. I can say that I personally e mailed Musco three times with new names due to turn over and nothing. So do not sit there and give the BS line of you should have tried harder. I am certain lots of people applied to PTS so don't say anything ROSCOE!

You know NDA never gets lifted on PTS content right? Not to mention, my group had our fair share of issues getting onto the PTS, but we persisted and eventually got in for Nahut. Also why you yelling? stop yelling

Edited by RussellRichter

You know NDA never gets lifted on PTS content right?

There was a PTS and I was on it.

For real tho he's right, NDA is still in effect. Even for past closed PTSes. At the same time who honestly cares. Whether you had PTS, didn't have PTS, what does it matter. The whole "world first" stigma has no meaning here. (Unless you happen to have world first Izax SM, in which case you are indisputably the best player in the game). Why don't yall just focus on killing it so u can get your rewards.

Kind and cordial regards,

Laet, Sea Bear liaison to the SWTOR community.

Edited by Pizza_boy

So much community activity bumping this thread. It must mean so much to so many with so much posting.

We should get devs to reward the first handful of teams for their hard work and co-operation to beat the final boss.

Maybe wings but glowing really brightly so everyone can see who was the best.

Good job Braindead

So one could say this should be a headsup to the devs that there is a good raiding scene on Tulak Hord that deserves the same accesses as the "english" and US servers. ;)

It's also not very fair to say anything about the state of their life or whatever. From what I can tell they are quite young on average, and I can remember spending counless amount of time on useless stuff too back when I was 18-20. Thank god we had no attendance control at my university :D I think it's rather cool that they powerraided through the boss. Why not ?

(I would have left out the part about "no pts infos" though, that's ridiculous ^^).

Team Gold <Infinitas> - Republic - Tulak Hord - Link

World First Pubside, I guess.

Special thanks to Team Allstars (Nox), for raiding on Tuesday/Thursday, so that we were able to practice the strategies before having our own mainraid.

Edit: Also thanks to The-Force/Berserk for a constructive cooperation & discussions regarding mechanics and strategies.

Edited by Exocor

Congrats to the latest kills! Board updated.

@Zwirni did you want a Berserk posting?

Regarding videos; given that some have now been released I think it's appropriate if any of the teams who have cleared would like to do the same. It was great seeing a bunch of groups clear it in this period and I wish the best of luck to those still putting in work!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.