Sent/Mara Worse class in game

Fergz

I have leveled every class and I am back on my Sent after some time away and wow is this class weak. I feel like a baseball player in a batting cage just taking wild swings and crazy hacks but never really hitting a home run.

It really feels like they need to rework this class and make skills feel more purposeful and not just like you are hacking your way through a jungle

2 of the top 4 parsing specs in the game are Sentinels right now (Concentration and Watchman). Concentration sentinels are one of the best pvp specs right now.

Even Combat is in the middle of the pack for both.

You may just want to read up some guides and work on improving your play, as they are definitely not weak.

2 of the top 4 parsing specs in the game are Sentinels right now (Concentration and Watchman). Concentration sentinels are one of the best pvp specs right now.

Even Combat is in the middle of the pack for both.

You may just want to read up some guides and work on improving your play, as they are definitely not weak.

^^This. You may want to try a different spec that suits your play style better, but if you're seeing weak results, then it's more likely a rotational and familiarity issue. The class itself is fine.

Sentinels are probably the flashiest class in the game. They are hard to master but once you do, they are great to play. Their weakness is their defense so you can't face tank tougher opponents without a healer companion but they can dish out damage.

Sentinels are probably the flashiest class in the game. They are hard to master but once you do, they are great to play. Their weakness is their defense so you can't face tank tougher opponents without a healer companion but they can dish out damage.

True. I usually PvP with a merc or sin since coming back this last time. I've ran across mara/sent's that I've totally destroyed, some that have been challenging fights, and a few that have totally faceplanted me. Most of the time, though, I'll beat them down to 1/4 health and they'll camo and run away. ;) But as I said, there are some that are good at the class(es) and are flat out devastating. I had one beat my merc down in less than 10 seconds. Almost made me cry. :p

True. I usually PvP with a merc or sin since coming back this last time. I've ran across mara/sent's that I've totally destroyed, some that have been challenging fights, and a few that have totally faceplanted me. Most of the time, though, I'll beat them down to 1/4 health and they'll camo and run away. ;) But as I said, there are some that are good at the class(es) and are flat out devastating. I had one beat my merc down in less than 10 seconds. Almost made me cry. :p

See now Merc... that's a good class, well thought out lots of utility, can handle anything you put in front of them.

I have leveled every class and I am back on my Sent after some time away and wow is this class weak. I feel like a baseball player in a batting cage just taking wild swings and crazy hacks but never really hitting a home run.

It really feels like they need to rework this class and make skills feel more purposeful and not just like you are hacking your way through a jungle

There are guides on the internet to help you learn the class better. They are one of the best melee classes in the game and are anything but weak.

Dulfy and Volk websites have some guides and there are YouTube vids and twitch streamers. Mara’s arent the easiest class to master properly. Once you get better, you’ll see how silly your post is.

See now Merc... that's a good class, well thought out lots of utility, can handle anything you put in front of them.

Mercs are the 2nd easiest class to play at the moment. Plus they are ranged, which is no comparison to a melee class.

If you are comparing every class against a Merc, then you’re doing it wrong ;)

Any Mara that loses to a Merc 1-on-1 should immediately log out, delete their character, and then uninstall the game.

Any Mara that loses to a Merc 1-on-1 should immediately log out, delete their character, and then uninstall the game.

Depends on the player skill lvl. Not all players are equal. I beat Mercs on my Mara all the time, but I also beat Mara’s on my Merc. I beat both on my Lightning Sorc, Jugg, Sin, sniper.

Unless you are a top 3% player vs another top 3% player, then your comment is more about ego and not skill or the class.

Errr why? Mara's (especially fury) have as good dcds as mercs, and their lack of self-heals can be mitigated by stealth out and h2f if played correctly.

Don't get me wrong, all things equal a merc should probably beat a mara, but the gap is nowhere near as wide as your comment made it out to be.

Go play a sorcerer for a while, then get back to me.

Sorc is fun they kill stuff very quickly and don't die very often. My Sent dies all the time waiting for cooldowns

In story pve, all classes are OP because the content is so easy. I did a test and I lvld from 9 to 50 by just using force storm.

But that doesn’t work in pvp or in more difficult pve content. You need to know what your rotations and priorities are.

Sorcs are also the easiest class to learn. Mara’s are a much more difficult class to learn and require more skill.

If you are having issues with Mara’s, please go research it like I’ve suggested in my previous post. In the right hands, a Mara is a wrecking ball, especially in pvp.

Unless you are blowing all of you CDs at once, you shouldn’t be dying or need to wait for them to come off CD.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

What advise do you have for a player who loses with his Mara against a Merc 1-on-1, but wins with his Merc against a Mara 1-on-1? Still uninstall the game or can he proceed playing?

In story pve, all classes are OP because the content is so easy. I did a test and I lvld from 9 to 50 by just using force storm.

But that doesn’t work in pvp or in more difficult pve content. You need to know what your rotations and priorities are.

Sorcs are also the easiest class to learn. Mara’s are a much more difficult class to learn and require more skill.

If you are having issues with Mara’s, please go research it like I’ve suggested in my previous post. In the right hands, a Mara is a wrecking ball, especially in pvp.

Unless you are blowing all of you CDs at once, you shouldn’t be dying or need to wait for them to come off CD.

I dont ever play pvp and hate when games try to balance for pvp content which in most games is less than 5% of the population that play pvp.

The sent was the first class I played and was probably my main back at launch and somewhere along the line they were nerfed pretty good and I shelved it for the most part but I am in the process of getting all of my alts, which is one of every class to 70.

I would say I main a Merc with Slinger a close 2nd and they are both much more fun to play than a sent and I understand that there are more buttons on a Sent and my rotations probably need work, but it feels like I am always waiting on cooldowns and waiting for the med probe.

Edited by Fergz

2/10 troll

Bioware favours RNG and RaNGed classes at the moment

They favor them only by making ranged easy to button mash, with no rotations, with no worries. If you want a more advanced class, that can actually put up higher numbers if you know your rotation and how to use it, then melee is still the best.

They favor them only by making ranged easy to button mash, with no rotations, with no worries. If you want a more advanced class, that can actually put up higher numbers if you know your rotation and how to use it, then melee is still the best.

This.

Mercs and Snipers are easier to play but Marauders have more damage potential, it's just that players have to be very skilled to get the most out of the latter. In PVP the Mercs and Snipers might top leaderboards more often but when you see a DPS spec put up truly ridiculous numbers, it is more likely to be a Marauder.

If the OP was serious...this is a L2P issue.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco