"A new warzone"

Sheike

Beyond April – Discussion Topic!

As we look back to 2017 and now beyond the conclusion of the traitor storyline, we are planning to continue delivering content in the same manner throughout 2018. When you look at the total year, you received a wide variety of both multi-player and solo activities including a new story, Strongholds, Starfighter updates, a new Warzone, two new Flashpoints, and a new Operation, along with many Quality of Life improvements.

*places fingers on temples* Stop calling it a new warzone, it's a reskin of civil war.....You did not give us a new warzone, stop saying that you did/acting like it's the truth.

The same thoughts crossed my mind too. If Quesh WZ is a re-skin of Huttball, Yavin WZ is a re-skin of Civil war, with the exception of Odessan WZ (Hypergate could also be a re-skin of Civil WZ by eliminating the center node) which is unique...if I had to guess the next WZ re-skin will be from my favorite..."Voidstar"...

On a side note, if hypergate is a "resking with changes" so nothing is a new warzone.

For the main topic: Odessen was released very long ago and still a lot of people can't get its simple mechanics, and therefore it is the most hated map by most players. Not making brand new map but instead recreating an old one with enough changes so that the old tactics of ACW can't work in there but enough similarities that the majority of players can understand it's basics is a good move, and yavin (when groups are balanced) is a fun warzone. What is the problem with it?

Yeah Yavin's decent, the worst complaints I've seen about it are people can't handle it performance wise on their computers, but the setup is fine, the quick cap buff is interesting, the stairs leading to/from mid and the gaps in the walls allow for better covered approaches.

Still, overall I agree they could have done more with it. How hard is it to make something similar to Civil War without copying the map layout? Odessan is entirely too complicated for a pug warzone, and there's no 8v8 ranked so 90% of games there are played poorly.

Not complaining about re-skin WZ just trying to guess which one they'll copy. I wish they could make a war-zone like Rift's "Battle for Port Scion"...with the size of the map & several ways to win/thwart plus the side quests...I enjoyed going in there.

The same thoughts crossed my mind too. If Quesh WZ is a re-skin of Huttball, Yavin WZ is a re-skin of Civil war, with the exception of Odessan WZ (Hypergate could also be a re-skin of Civil WZ by eliminating the center node) which is unique...if I had to guess the next WZ re-skin will be from my favorite..."Voidstar"...

I would argue that Quesh and OG Hutball play in entirely different fashions, one is a horizontal playing field while the other is vertical. I'd give them that as a "new" warzone. But Civil War is in every sense just "Snow Yavin". Its the same exact map with different textures and two sets of stairs.

I would argue that Quesh and OG Hutball play in entirely different fashions, one is a horizontal playing field while the other is vertical. I'd give them that as a "new" warzone. But Civil War is in every sense just "Snow Yavin". Its the same exact map with different textures and two sets of stairs.

The speed-cap boost, which, combined with the stairs means the difficulty of guarding and capping is different and therefore the strategies are different. It is basically a new mode but unlike Odessen more similar to something old so the majoirty of players don't require 9 months to simply get the basic idea of the game this time. Just the same as huttball, same goals, and same basic mechanics, with entirely different possibilities and tactics.

Edited by Rafiknoll

The speed-cap boost, which, combined with the stairs means the difficulty of guarding and capping is different and therefore the strategies are different. It is basically a new mode but unlike Odessen more similar to something old so the majoirty of players don't require 9 months to simply get the basic idea of the game this time. Just the same as huttball, same goals, and same basic mechanics, with entirely different possibilities and tactics.

Ya, honestly given I still win every single OWZ match I'm in simply by playing objectives (it's not hard, I literally just go to a corner no one else on my team is at, and that immediately gives my team what seems to be an insurmountable advantage in capping nodes), it made a lot of sense to only make minor adjustments to a current map that still change up the strategy quite a bit.

Well they say they gave us crafting but instead we got REPLICATING OF SAME GENERIC ITEM that every other poor slob can replicate this isn't star trek we don't have replicators! Crafting means creating something unique and in demand either by altering appearance or color to appeal to the masses. Or by having better stats not something these dev's were wiling to to allow though the very least would be allow player to create some better looking items cause your dev's have horrible taste! Least then you could call it a pseudo crafting system instead of lame replicating of generic items that everyone else can make

They also gave us a space sim that <sigh> is just bad xwing vs tie fighters is hands down more fun to play then this garbage and that's 20+ years old

or when they implemented planet wide level caps which basically forces you to what ever level the planet is in an effort to do regurgitated content that I already did before as New and refreshed.

It's like they're trying to be like SWG but just failing miserably partly because it's done half (donkey) why because they are just marketing gimmicks to lure other MMO players in the potential is there they just failed to capitalize on it

It’s still new... “from a certain point of view

"In my point of view Arenas are evil". :p

And now more seriously, I think it is fine as things are:

These slight differences accumulate to something so significant that most old ACW tactics can't work. If it requires new tactics it is a new warzone. Same as Novare coast. You could say it is also merely "3 turrets" objective, but their location, capture mode and scoring systems work differently and force totally different tactics. Using a nearly similar map with small differences was a great way to make sure people don't require half a year to learn the map (ranging from the objective of the game and their locations, the locations of speed boosts, health boosts and adrenal boosts, and the way that points score).

Odessen proved that people are really really really bad at learning new things from jumping in and trying to understand, I doubt they will ever release absolutely new warzones that way again (unless they plan to additionally release a 5min detailed tutorial of all mechanics, but understaffed and all that...)

*places fingers on temples* Stop calling it a new warzone, it's a reskin of civil war.....You did not give us a new warzone, stop saying that you did/acting like it's the truth.

Look, when you buy a new out fit to put on your old body, the Body has been around awhile but yet the out fit is new, Right? So there for a reskin WZ of Civil War is a New out fit on a old body. It still Looks good and NEW & different, and yet it is the same.

Just Saying.......

Take Care & Be Well....

Edited by Sith-Viscera