dmetria

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reporting that this is not just AMD cards. I have

i5-750

8GB RAM

nVidia 9800GTX+ and I'm getting 15-20 FPS, this is a total joke as I was getting more than that in the beta before I upgraded to a quad core.

9800GTX is a little old don't you think? Even my GTX295 has problems running recent games on i3 2.8ghz, 8gb ram..

You guys should be posting this thread in the customer service forums I believe. Don't quote me on that it just seems like that's the place where you should be looking for help. Although some of the posts here did look quite helpful.

I hope you guys get it straightened out. Good luck.

Nope. We were posting this in the CS section and they closed the thread and directed us here instead.

first thing to do is hit ctrl-shift-F in game to bring up the fps/latency box in the lower left corner of your screen. This can help you identify if the issue is a graphical issue or a net issue.

If its a graphical issue I recommend turning shadows off in the graphics settings in the game and see if that improves your gameplay. I sure they find out whats causing that and fix it, as I like shadows.

If its a net issue...good luck, Im not a network guy ;)

Thanks for the comments. I will try a few things. I've updated the drivers, but that didn't help.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 12/13/2011, 21:08:50

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard

System Model: HPE-450t

BIOS: 07/12/10 14:03:04 Ver: 6.12

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.9GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8152MB RAM

Page File: 4255MB used, 12044MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: 5450

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x68F9)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68F9&SUBSYS_21301462&REV_00

Display Memory: 733 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1010 MB

Shared Memory: 3819 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor Name: Acer G235H

Monitor Model: P235H

Monitor Id: ACR00CB

Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (59.934Hz)

Output Type: HDMI

Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.1094 (English)

Driver Version: 8.892.1.1000

DDI Version: 11

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 10/24/2011 05:19:12, 862720 bytes

I used the same card in Beta and was playing between 15-30 fps on lowest settings. I upgraded to a AMD Radeon HD 6770 ($110) and now I'm playing on max settings at 30 fps+.

If you had ok FPS before and now is bad there are two things.

Client got some silent update that messed up with code OR servers are not being able to process information fast enough. Glitching is usually caused by second scenario especially when you have a lot of people in small instances.

That might be the reason new servers are being loaded. Old ones might be reaching their limits. Seems awfully small if you ask me.

Edited by LordSatoh

1. Open Cataclyst/Ati Control Center or Nvidia control panel

2. Set Anisotropic Filtering to 16

3. Optionally, force AA to x2,x4 or x8

4. Set In-Game Anisotropic Filtering to "low".

If the issue persists, we ask that you please try the following:

1 – Go to game Preferences / Graphics. Turn off the 'bloom' option from the 'Advanced' section. This should give you about 10-20 fps increase.

2- This one is for high end PCs. If your game has high fps but is still stuttering, please go to game Preferences / Graphics and turn on the 'vertical sync' option in 'General' section. This should improve your framerate issue (however, this may decrease fps in low end machines though).

Don't know if any of this is relevent any more, but it was a fix for some of the same issues in the beta. This was from a thread lol I copied it too note pad along with alot of other crap lol

Good stuff, thx.

Reporting that this is not just AMD cards. I have

i5-750

8GB RAM

nVidia 9800GTX+ and I'm getting 15-20 FPS, this is a total joke as I was getting more than that in the beta before I upgraded to a quad core.

Its time for a new video card.

AMD Phenom (X6) 1090 T CPU running at 3.1 Ghz

6GB of Ram running at 1,600 mhz

Nvidia 460 (1gb)

Windows 7 64

In the beta I had all graphic settings to max and I didn't have a problem. I will be most upset if when I get my early access tomorrow or friday I find out I cannot play.

I wouldn't say my PC is exactly top spec but I can run World of Warcraft and EvE online with ultra graphics. When I was in the beta, I noticed people were complaining about graphics. So I know for a fact it's down to either Graphic Drivers, Crap Graphics Card and too low memory could all cause low FPS and even screen tearing. Most think they will be fine to run SWTOR but in actual fact, their system might just be incapable of running it with high settings.

I have a GTS 450 and a AMD 955...

I can run the game smooth as hell but as soon as I go in PVP and more than 3 people start fighting my FPS drops to about 2 fps ***?

They directed me to this post and It doesnt seem to have my problem.... any help?

I can't get above 10 fps.. with everything turned to the lowest possible point. VS off. Windowed. No bloom. Shadows off.

Intel® Core i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz

4.00 GB

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

2746 MB Total available graphics memory

82GB Free (453GB Total)

Is this to be expected with my specs? I can play Starcraft 2 and Civ 5 fine :/

Tried everything mentioned, been playing games and developing on Windows for years now.

Exact same issue. Beta was alright even on a low spec machine for the home bought one year ago beta was fine.

Now I cannot play. I was about to chuck it in but was pointed here by forum mod, well done to the moderators hard work.

Now I suppose we give them until 20th before we start uninstalling and spreading the word that Tripple Phenom 2ghz 4GB and ATI Radeon just won't cut it. Do I play feeling like I'm on something to get something out of early access or what? lol

Anyone else on those exact same specs especially ATI Radeon???

I ask because since this issue, I suspect a problem with an ATI Radeon driver update, yet to confirm.

THIS IS NOT AN ISSUE WITH YOUR COMPUTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOLUTION: Okay guys, I know you are all very upset. So was I, trust me. My computer is dang decent and this was blowing my mind! Well guess what? You don't have to buy a new set-up IF YOU MEET this one simple condition......

Do you lag the hardest inside buildings? If you say yes, then delete your client completely and re-download it. Problem solved! Just like magic! Crazy huh? You're welcome.

This will fix your issues. IF you do not lag harder in buildings, then I regret to inform you that something is wrong on your end.

Enjoy! ;) & Happy Holidays... send credits to Dusk on The Crucible Pit server as a thank you. lols

SOLUTION: Okay guys, I know you are all very upset. So was I, trust me. My computer is dang decent and this was blowing my mind! Well guess what? You don't have to buy a new set-up IF YOU MEET this one simple condition......

Do you lag the hardest inside buildings? If you say yes, then delete your client completely and re-download it. Problem solved! Just like magic! Crazy huh? You're welcome.

This will fix your issues. IF you do not lag harder in buildings, then I regret to inform you that something is wrong on your end.

Enjoy! ;) & Happy Holidays... send credits to Dusk on The Crucible Pit server as a thank you. lols

You know what, if you are correct I will not be impressed. I will ask, why there was no a message telling us to do this 3-4 days ago.

But thank you for the information. I think no one wants to really try it because its not the smallest of downloads, I mean it is the first thing normally done with any software if problems are experienced lol

. IF you do not lag harder in buildings, then I regret to inform you that something is wrong on your end.

lols

Cobblers, i get 50 - 100 fps questing and whatnot, go into a warzone and it drops to 15 fps, how is it "my end"?

For most of us it is NOT a computer issue. Many of us have top computers and are still having trouble, while many of us should be able to run it at LEAST on low settings at 24fps.

At times I get 35fps+, but then in another area it drops to less than 15. In cutscenes it's always over 25. I've even seen it go up to 50fps for short bursts. If it was my computer then surely it'd just be low all the time, no? Also the areas where it's around 30fps are areas with a lot going on like the Sith Academy. But then it drops in places like the Imperial Fleet where nothing is moving.

It's got to be a Bioware issue. I just wish they'd put out some sort of statement acknowledging the problem.

You probably have a crappy computer there, OP. Honestly, not trying to be mean.

the build we were given had a LOT of texture resolution and other varius graphical aspects disabled - that's why it easy to jump in.

At SOME point in our lives it's time to dish out a couple hundred and get a good computer.

Or atleast a good Graphics card. But even then, if you're computer's old, you'd just be stressing the card and you'll burn the part out - making it all pointless.

why are people always confusing stuttering/"lagging" due to crap PC and connection latency with each other?

I don't get it either, LOW FPS != LAG.

LAG = Network Issues(Ping/Packet Loss)

LOW FPS = Your computer is not good enough. As in: Your computer is not powerful enough to get you to a frame rate, where the game won't "stutter".

LAG (network issues) does not have any influence on your FPS.

For most of us it is NOT a computer issue. Many of us have top computers and are still having trouble, while many of us should be able to run it at LEAST on low settings at 24fps.

At times I get 35fps+, but then in another area it drops to less than 15. In cutscenes it's always over 25. I've even seen it go up to 50fps for short bursts. If it was my computer then surely it'd just be low all the time, no? Also the areas where it's around 30fps are areas with a lot going on like the Sith Academy. But then it drops in places like the Imperial Fleet where nothing is moving.

It's got to be a Bioware issue. I just wish they'd put out some sort of statement acknowledging the problem.

I have answered the question. I have given the solution. It's your choice to do it or not, but Bioware will not deal with this issue for a long time, so I suggest you fix it yourself by the means I have given. They have way too many launch day issues going on to patch something of this size.

I don't get it either, LOW FPS != LAG.

LAG = Network Issues(Ping/Packet Loss)

LOW FPS = Your computer is not good enough. As in: Your computer is not powerful enough to get you to a frame rate, where the game won't "stutter".

LAG (network issues) does not have any influence on your FPS.

not trying to be rude but http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lag ... lag can mean a bunch of things

and no, low fps != bad computer high end machine owner have trouble as well

peace!

looks like someone figured it out here

I haven't actually tried it, but...

...and isn't it strange that someone actually had a solution (that was really easy to do) and they closed the thread and redirect you here where I couldn't find a solution nearly as simple.

edit: wrong page

Edited by DeSack