Compassion, Healing or Love for the Broken Dark Princess: Vaylin Appreciation <3

JakRoanin

That's a pretty good replica, Kira and Jaesa would be the only ones who could pull it off?

Maybe you can use Senya or Lana too

But Ashara would clearly not do the trick, and Nadia, does not have the righ BT for Vaylin, so unless you just HC that she was put in another's body, and don't care that she does not look like Vaylin at all, there are only Kira, Jaesa, Lana and Senya as FU that have the right BT to play the Vaylin wannabe.

Lana may be the closer to a fake Vaylin you can have, as she already has the glowing eyes.

Edited by Goreshaga

Maybe you can use Senya or Lana too

But Ashara would clearly not do the trick, and Nadia, does not have the righ BT for Vaylin, so unless you just HC that she was put in another's body, and don't care that she does not look like Vaylin at all, there are only Kira, Jaesa, Lana and Senya as FU that have the right BT to play the Vaylin wannabe.

Lana may be the closer to a fake Vaylin you can have, as she already has the glowing eyes.

DS Jaesa also has the glowing eyes, however unless we can claim her on other classes, that'll be for warriors only.

I wish we could just claim her from the console, like how you can claim Quinn and Dorna after Iokath regardless of faction choice, then we wouldn't need to create a Vaylin wannabe.

DS Jaesa also has the glowing eyes, however unless we can claim her on other classes, that'll be for warriors only.

I wish we could just claim her from the console, like how you can claim Quinn and Dorna after Iokath regardless of faction choice, then we wouldn't need to create a Vaylin wannabe.

Yeah, but you have that awfull purple makeup, and Lana wields a single lighsaber and uses lightning which is closer to Vaylin.

But, it would indeed be better for those who want their Vaylin companion to be able to get her from the terminal.

Oh, i didn't know that you could have the companion of the opposite faction, that's good to know :o

Edited by Goreshaga

I don't want another companion. And I know there are others who feel like me. So please, leave Vaylin where she is. Dead and buried.

We already have so many companions that I wonder what the hell we are going to do with them. I thought that maybe Bioware had a plan that would explain why they were feeding us so many of them... like some major battle that would require a bunch of companions to join you and their influence level would determine its success or failure. But so far after Nathema, it seem this is not going to be the case. Pity really.

Still, to be asking to get her as a companion after the way the story was scripted seems stupid. Why do you want BW to waste time on resurrecting a dead character, when there are more pressing issues? Like lack of content and bugs?

And why her? Why not Lord Cytharat for example? Why not the many other NPCs that we met during our beginning chapters who would have been even more interesting than her?

Yeah, but you have that awfull purple makeup, and Lana wields a single lighsaber and uses lightning which is closer to Vaylin.

But, it would indeed be better for those who want their Vaylin companion to be able to get her from the terminal.

Oh, i didn't know that you could have the companion of the opposite faction, that's good to know :o

I wish they gave Vaylin two lightsabers like in the kotfe wallpaper art, I think they suited her.

Yeah, if they don't want to do any more story with her, just add her to the terminal and let the players make up their own.

Neither did I until one of my friends told m e about it last week.

Edited by DefenderTwo

I think giving her as a terminal / event reward / CM companion, would not take that much ressources, and it would please her fans. I'm not one of them and don't care if I have her or not as a companion, but why take that away from people who would love that when it would probably not take anything away from others ?

As for Cytharat, i'd love to be able to have him a a companion, and more precisely, my Nox would love to have him as an actual LI.

I'd be happy to have Marr, Jonas Balkar, Praven, Bengel Morr, Saganu, Valss or Vinn Attrius too, and having them via terminal only would be fine by me, i'd just come up with some HC, which is exactly what Vaylin fans ask for.

Well, i'd not take Vaylin, and Valss would be complicated too, as he's as dead as Vaylin, and for everyone, so i'd probably not take him either or just pretend that he barely survived the fight and ended up imprisonned on Odessen wit Vinn and Saresh.

Same with Marr, unless they give us ghosts Marr, Vaylin and Valss as companions.

I wish they gave Vaylin two lightsabers like in the kotfe wallpaper art, I think they suited her.

Yeah, if they don't want to do any more story with her, just add her to the terminal and let the players make up their own.

Neither did I until one of my friends told m e about it last week.

Dunno, as she sucks at lighsaber fighting, 2 would probably be too much for her to handle, and her strenght lies in her Force abilities (Just like Sages or Sorcerers)

Yep, i think that'd be enough.

Well, i'll try that out then ^^

Edited by Goreshaga

I don't want another companion. And I know there are others who feel like me. So please, leave Vaylin where she is. Dead and buried.

We already have so many companions that I wonder what the hell we are going to do with them. I thought that maybe Bioware had a plan that would explain why they were feeding us so many of them... like some major battle that would require a bunch of companions to join you and their influence level would determine its success or failure. But so far after Nathema, it seem this is not going to be the case. Pity really.

Still, to be asking to get her as a companion after the way the story was scripted seems stupid. Why do you want BW to waste time on resurrecting a dead character, when there are more pressing issues? Like lack of content and bugs?

And why her? Why not Lord Cytharat for example? Why not the many other NPCs that we met during our beginning chapters who would have been even more interesting than her?

I don't think they're going to do anything more with any of the companions we have, other than Lana and maybe Theron, the rest are as good as dead for one reason or another - Either they're dead or locked behind their classes.

That comes down to personnel preference, I think she was an interesting character, she had a lot of depth to her character that got brushed aside for the rushed version we got.

Content? The original plan was for three expansions with sixteen chapters each? (I think) Assuming it would have been released like the first expansion, that would have been a chapter a month, instead of a flashpoint every six months.

Lord Cytharat? Why not? He was a cool character too. Again it comes down to the individual players preference.

Edited by DefenderTwo

I'd just like her back before most of the others because she's the one that we were forced to use abuser tactics on ourselves, because her story was especially grotesque. I'm perfectly happy to have any number of others back, as well, because I like those ideas, too. I'd be happy to have her back in a manner that required the minimum of work, and even at that people come in and call it stupid for wanting something they don't. So it goes, I guess.

Well, i'd not take Vaylin, and Valss would be complicated too, as he's as dead as Vaylin, and for everyone, so i'd probably not take him either or just pretend that he barely survived the fight and ended up imprisonned on Odessen wit Vinn and Saresh.

Same with Marr, unless they give us ghosts Marr, Vaylin and Valss as companions.

Dunno, as she sucks at lighsaber fighting, 2 would probably be too much for her to handle, and her strenght lies in her Force abilities (Just like Sages or Sorcerers)

He dies on Nathema, you could HC that his body is being effected by the force in a similar way to the planet. Likewise the same for Vaylin, she was the last person to be subjected to Valkorion's powers, the force could be showing her some compassion too.

She wasn't that bad, the only one she lost to was Senya on Asylum, but I agree she was more skilled when it came to using her force abilities, especially after the Nathema chapter.

He dies on Nathema, you could HC that his body is being effected by the force in a similar way to the planet. Likewise the same for Vaylin, she was the last person to be subjected to Valkorion's powers, the force could be showing her some compassion too.

She wasn't that bad, the only one she lost to was Senya on Asylum, but I agree she was more skilled when it came to using her force abilities, especially after the Nathema chapter.

Valss dies on Copero, a bit harder to HC that he was affacted by Zildrog.

And Vinn, i did not kill him (though i really did consider doing it as my sweet JK, was not that happy that he tried to kill her lover), AFAIK, he's rotting in a cell on Odessen, probably talking with Saresh abiout how it was a bad idea to try to kill my JK, but that they'd gladly try again, if they ever get another chance. That being said, she might be all about giving people a second chance, there won't be a third, if they try again, they die.

About Vaylin, i like to think that she finally found some peace in death, and that she's now free to do what she wants, maybe her spirit is roaming the forest on Odessen, or she's with Thexan gossiping about Arcann, that'd be fun too.

She lost to Senya on Asylum, on Arcann's flagship and on Ord Mantell. And it's quite clear during the cutscenes that she'd rather use her Force abilities than her lightsaber when she has the choice, which she can't really do when confronted to a better fighter.

Valss dies on Copero, a bit harder to HC that he was affacted by Zildrog.

And Vinn, i did not kill him (though i really did consider doing it as my sweet JK, was not that happy that he tried to kill her lover), AFAIK, he's rotting in a cell on Odessen, probably talking with Saresh abiout how it was a bad idea to try to kill my JK, but that they'd gladly try again, if they ever get another chance. That being said, she might be all about giving people a second chance, there won't be a third, if they try again, they die.

About Vaylin, i like to think that she finally found some peace in death, and that she's now free to do what she wants, maybe her spirit is roaming the forest on Odessen, or she's with Thexan gossiping about Arcann, that'd be fun too.

She lost to Senya on Asylum, on Arcann's flagship and on Ord Mantell. And it's quite clear during the cutscenes that she'd rather use her Force abilities than her lightsaber when she has the choice, which she can't really do when confronted to a better fighter.

Sorry, I was thinking of Vinn. Valss? We should have taken him alive, he yells out to Theron to trust in his vision, whether he was working with the Zildrog Order or was secretly working with Theron, taking him alive would have been more beneficial than just slaughtering him on the spot.

She could be chilling with Darth Marr's ghost. Personally I like to think she returned to her own body and has become a hermit like character in the Odessen forest, not wanting to get involved with anyone, including her brother, Arcann.

Arcann's flagship, she was pushed back by Arcann while in the middle of leaping towards Senya while the ship was exploding. Ord Mantell? Wasn't that fight ended by some fuel or ship exploding?

Arcann's flagship, she was pushed back by Arcann while in the middle of leaping towards Senya while the ship was exploding. Ord Mantell? Wasn't that fight ended by some fuel or ship exploding?

Yeah, she didn't actually get the opportunity to fight on Arcann's flagship that we saw, she just got pushed back before she could. She appeared to be wanting to fight saber to saber in that scene, which she probably would have lost again, really. Ord Mantell we don't know how she killed all the Knights, but I imagine it was with Force powers, but she certainly appeared intent on lightsaber combat with her mother, and then according to the story the explosion separated them and she fled. Beaten or forced to flee every time she confronts anyone important.

Would really be happy to see her, spirit or physical, just chillin' out in the wilderness somewhere. I'd prefer the companion at this point, but that would be enough.

Edited by gamephil

Yeah, she didn't actually get the opportunity to fight on Arcann's flagship that we saw, she just got pushed back before she could. She appeared to be wanting to fight saber to saber in that scene, which she probably would have lost again, really. Ord Mantell we don't know how she killed all the Knights, but I imagine it was with Force powers, but she certainly appeared intent on lightsaber combat with her mother, and then according to the story the explosion separated them and she fled. Beaten or forced to flee every time she confronts anyone important.

Would really be happy to see her, spirit or physical, just chillin' out in the wilderness somewhere. I'd prefer the companion at this point, but that would be enough.

Their armors were crushed so I guess she did something similar to the same thing she did to a different group of knights earlier in the trailer.

Me too.

Their armors were crushed so I guess she did something similar to the same thing she did to a different group of knights earlier in the trailer.

True, and I always assumed this was supposed to be one of those "full circle" things where she does as an adult what she did as a child. I should have said they didn't show her doing it.

He helps you on Hoth, and after joining your crew, well, nothing, he could as well not be there that would not change anything. Pretty much like Ashara actually...

Ah, so just that disposable extra. :eek:

I just had to laugh at this thread. Hmm Vaylin as a companion, only if you can have companion convos with her .

My inquisitors would like her (though none of them are really dark) because mostly she doesn't like any of her companions. Well she does like Talos (why we can't romance him I will never know).

Are we that funny? :D

That would be nice but they pretty much said her return via story would be unlikely :(

My Darth Imperious, Occlus and Nox would gladly accept her on their crews. :)

Obviously not perfect, but it's the best we've got that I've seen outside of going to gmod.

No one dies without my permission!

Close up

With lightsaber drawn

That's pretty close, nicely done brother phil

50/50 on this ... there are characters I do want, but I want a way to manage the ones we have ... or an option to dispose of them on the sacrificial alter ;)

Never!

That would have been nice, even if they didn't have any speaking parts.

No more stupid than the other people who survive other near fatal blows, nor how a planet can seemingly come back to life.

If you want Cytharat, why not ask for him too? I wouldn't use him, but if it makes you happy having him as a companion, why not? :rak_02:

Works for me! :rak_03:

True, and I always assumed this was supposed to be one of those "full circle" things where she does as an adult what she did as a child. I should have said they didn't show her doing it.

Wasn't their a limb abut Senya finding decapitated limbs scattered around the camp? Unless she physically ripped their arms off with the force, maybe she was using both her lightsaber and force abilities simultaneously.

Wasn't their a limb abut Senya finding decapitated limbs scattered around the camp? Unless she physically ripped their arms off with the force, maybe she was using both her lightsaber and force abilities simultaneously.

A limb about decapitated limbs? :D Well ... I suppose Vaylin may have made some memos while killing everyone.

- - -

I think we had this conversation awhile back .. but meh ... round 2 ...

What colour crystal would you give Vaylin for her lightsaber? I'm thinking Black-Red at the moment :) (Art by Glorfinniell)

Edited by Paulsutherland

Green or Purple.

If they do let us get her from the terminal on Odessen, I'll head canon my Knight managed to talk her down, but in order to appease the rest of the galaxy, my Knight would accompany Vaylin from there on.

Purple. Definitely purple.

I like that one. "Why do you have HER with you?"

"Who do you think I should trust to keep people safe from her?"

"Then execute her!"

*show Jarak's holorecordings*

"Well, all right, I guess. Just be careful with her."

"I'm right here, you know."

Hmmm I might apply that head canon to Arcann too.

Back to Vaylin ...

If she were to accompany my Shadow ... I'll go ... with ... black-blue or black-green

If she's with my Zakuul themed character ... I'll leave her with yellow as I dare not anger the Empress :eek:

and if I pair her up with one of my many Sith (Inquisitors) characters .... uhmmm ....

Darth Nox: Black-Red

Darth Nox #2: Red

Darth Occlus: White / Grey

Darth Occlus #2: Orange

Darth Imperious: weird yello

Darth Imperious #2: Black-Yellow

Darth Imperious #3: Purple

Purple. Definitely purple.

I like that one. "Why do you have HER with you?"

"Who do you think I should trust to keep people safe from her?"

"Then execute her!"

*show Jarak's holorecordings*

"Well, all right, I guess. Just be careful with her."

"I'm right here, you know."

Purple meant the user had access to both the light side and dark side of the force?

Purple meant the user had access to both the light side and dark side of the force?

Well, it fits the whole "red & blue make purple" thing, but I hadn't heard that. I just like the idea of her using the crystal color because it's Samuel L. Jackson's. It works for the character I'd like to see brought back, though, so, happy accident.

Edited by gamephil

Well, it fits the whole "red & blue make purple" thing, but I hadn't heard that. I just like the idea of her using the crystal color because it's Samuel L. Jackson's. It works for the character I'd like to see brought back, though, so, happy accident.

I want blue but truth be told, I would likely go through several crystal colors until I found one I liked. So at the end of the day, it's the users choice. :)

Would you put her in Jedi robes or Sith armor? Assuming we would even be able to change her outfit, which I guess is more unlikely than getting her as a companion from the terminal.

Edited by DefenderTwo