Impatient People and Bad Behavior

DarthEnrique

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, literally the kick function is there to decide who's is in the right. If I vote to kick, and say "not spacebarring" and you get kicked out, I'm in the right. If you kick me, and say in the reasoning "telling me to spacebar" and I get kicked you are in the right.

The kick function is setup to ensure the group is on the same page, and one person alone can't ruin the experience for the rest, in either direction.

So if this is true, we now we have to do some 'creative reasoning' to figure out how taking too long to scavenge is characteristic of Jews, since majority rules for FP and whatever the reason given is, must be so.

Congrats. Others came close, but nobody has actually come right out and said that the guy who called him a Jew before kicking him is in the right. Until now.

So if this is true, we now we have to do some 'creative reasoning' to figure out how taking too long to scavenge is characteristic of Jews, since majority rules for FP and whatever the reason given is, must be so.

Congrats. Others came close, but nobody has actually come right out and said that the guy who called him a Jew before kicking him is in the right. Until now.

Eh, shouldn't have emphasized the "say" part as important (thanks for pointing it out, I'll clarify that) I did it to draw attention to spacebar vs non-spacebar. But point stands, kick is there to be used for any reason that a majority of the remaining group wants to. Fortunately we all agreed to the ToS and a racist or bigoted reason will have action taken (and presumably if this actually happened, the OP reported it and the person who did it is taking a short vacation from the game).

Edited by LordTurin

I stated, twice, that I agreed with the vote kick, but not the reason. Meaning the initiator of the kick was in the right to do so. Only the insult was uncalled for. Which everyone appears to be in agreement.

If that person had put "Idiot", "Dumb*ss", "A**hat", "Mickey Mouse", etc., the end result would have been the same, and the OP would've come here complaining about that and still would've gotten the same results from those responding to his nonsense.

If I initiate a kick, I don't even bother putting in a reason. If there's an issue with one person in the group, then the others are already aware of it, so no need to put anything in the box. I'll tell them in chat, during the 20 seconds it takes for them to be removed.

I don't think anyone denied that the OP had a bad experience. But he brought it on himself by being inconsiderate to the rest of the group. Even if one of the other three didn't have a problem with his scavenging, two of them did. And two out of three is majority rule last time I looked.

A lot of the spacebar arguments could be put to rest if they simply made a Story mode for ALL flashpoints, not just some. You would honestly then have no excuse for holding up an entire group when you can just watch the cutscenes on your own. And don't say some people have difficulty on Story mode, because you can AFK during boss fights while your comp and the Jesusdroid kill it.

Simple solution:

Talk to the group. Most people have some sort of crew skills that they will use during a flashpoint. We always wait if someone is using one of their crew skills, for us it is not a big deal. The funny thing for our group there has never been a vote to kick someone for something like this, because we think kicking someone for scavenging, etc, is a bit childish.

It is no big deal to wait, even on a flashpoint that is fill with droids etc. It really doesn't take that much longer. If it is taking up time, instead of kicking someone for something like this, talk to them and explain unless you want to be a jerk about something that simple.

Come on it is not that big of a deal and if you are in that big of a hurry then don't que to do a flashpoint as they normally not always going to go the way you want them to especially in group pickups.

Edited by casirabit

If it's not pertinent to the furthering of the FP, you shouldn't expect others to wait on you. Ask if it's OK, if they say no, then don't do it. If they don't care, do w/e.

Your best choice, while gathering in a master mode in particular, is to go in with guild-mates who are also crafters. Everyone goes in with the expectation that you will be gathering mats. In directive 7 you'd have to share of course and alternate scavenging since most of the mats there are metals. Gathering together 3 other guildies isn't normally a problem even in a small guild(I don't assume the size of your guild, it could be large for all I know in which case even easier).

3) The OP is famous for posting "Woe is me" threads complaining about people that hurt his feelings in an attempt to garner sympathy from the community. It seems he thrives on causing drama.

4) The OP has admitted, in the past, that he has some sort of personality or mental disorder (I can't remember what it is, nor do I care). This alone makes his "testimony" of the situation questionable. And there are always 2 sides to every story.

As someone that's been on the forums for years, I can testify to seeing that as well.

But as the saying goes, "All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again..." (oh wait, wrong franchise!)

Disgusting :mad::mad::mad::mad:

What's disgusting?

Being kicked for being selfish?

Being called a Jew? (I wonder if Jewish people get offended by that).

Being insulted by the OP for calling things like they are?

Holding up the group?

Not respecting others?

Posting "Woe is me" threads?

Being called "bully" by the OP because you don't agree with him?

Being a hypocrite?

All of the above?

None of the above?

All of the above and then some?

A lot of the spacebar arguments could be put to rest if they simply made a Story mode for ALL flashpoints, not just some. You would honestly then have no excuse for holding up an entire group when you can just watch the cutscenes on your own. And don't say some people have difficulty on Story mode, because you can AFK during boss fights while your comp and the Jesusdroid kill it.

That same exact thing was said when they originally made story/solo FPs, you know how many people it stopped from forcing a group to watch a cutscene they could easily watch in solo mode? Maybe 10%. Because some people just feel their play is more important than anyone they group with.

Common courtesy is not so common online sadly.

Me, I play for the story and stress relief. That is my "thing" these days. Sure, years ago I did EVE and other games centered on PvP, but now, I am lazy and just want a good story. Which is why I pretty much just roll solo.

That being said. When it comes to games that involve multiple people interacting, all parties involved should try to act at least semi-decently towards one another.

Group events for example... Don't do things that mess with the group objectives. If the goal is to gain CXP, run the flash point, don't hold up the group unnecessarily. Then, if someone is holding up the group, ask them to pick up the pace or to stop whatever it is causing the hold up. Then, if that fails to resolve the problem, by all means go for the kick option. But do so in a reasonable manner, say by listing no reason at all (you already asked them to pick up the pace) or by listing the actual reason "slow - scavenging" for example. There is no need to be rude or insulting.

In an ideal world, people would hash out if the run was going to be a speed run, story run, materials run, clean sweep, etc. before going in or right when everyone loaded into the flash point. But that is in an ideal world and this world isn't/

Then there is the matter of how to respond to incidents. If something truly offends you, by all means feel free to make the report and hope something comes of it. If it is a minor transgression or otherwise doesn't really bother you, perhaps just ignore those players (or not, depending on your level of aggravation) and move on.

Same goes for getting kicked due to slow loading screens. My service is frankly, terrible. A 100 ping is a good day, I routinely play with closer to a 300 ping. I have done group flash points and been kicked before I even loaded in. Highly annoying in a way. But it doesn't really bother me, that is just "how things are". Though I will admit that I wouldn't mind seeing something like a 30 second freeze on the kick option at the start of a flash point. That should be enough time for anyone to get loaded in and for other players to see just how long it takes members of the group to load. After that, game on, someone wants to dilly dally during a speed run, by all means kick them. But the guy/gal takes 5 second longer to load into the area, is that really such a burden?

Being called a Jew? (I wonder if Jewish people get offended by that).

I'm Jewish and no, i do not get offended by kindergarten behavior and name calling. Yes,i know, there are a lot of jokes in which the Jews are presented as greedy,but those jokes do not affect me because they are just jokes,nothing more. OFC, i only speak in my name, if others are offended is their problem.

That same exact thing was said when they originally made story/solo FPs, you know how many people it stopped from forcing a group to watch a cutscene they could easily watch in solo mode? Maybe 10%. Because some people just feel their play is more important than anyone they group with.

My main point was--if Story was available for every FP then imo it would be justifiable for kicking someone who held up an entire group to watch them. I swear I've been stuck in BT before for like 45 mins because of that. Had someone last night watch every cutscene in False Emperor, THEN got a Hammer Station where someone watched them all. Some of us work jobs (or multiple jobs) and don't have the luxury of spending 45+ mins per FP. We need to make as much use of our time as we can.

I'm Jewish and no, i do not get offended by kindergarten behavior and name calling. Yes,i know, there are a lot of jokes in which the Jews are presented as greedy,but those jokes do not affect me because they are just jokes,nothing more. OFC, i only speak in my name, if others are offended is their problem.

I was being facetious with that question. I already knew the answer. ;)

Anyway, three sorcs and jugg walk into Boarding Party....

My main point was--if Story was available for every FP then imo it would be justifiable for kicking someone who held up an entire group to watch them. I swear I've been stuck in BT before for like 45 mins because of that. Had someone last night watch every cutscene in False Emperor, THEN got a Hammer Station where someone watched them all. Some of us work jobs (or multiple jobs) and don't have the luxury of spending 45+ mins per FP. We need to make as much use of our time as we can.

What is so hard about asking upfront if people want to do the cutscenes and then if you have a problem with it then you can just leave before the flashpoint starts. I know that is what my boyfriend and I do we ask upfront and we have never had a problem nor do we can upset if someone wants to watch the cutscenes.

All these problems would be solved if people communicated at the start of the flashpoint.

Although I ask nicely in the beginning if itis a super long cutscene, I will just hit esc. After a couple times they get the point, or atleast reveal who is watching them.

What is so hard about asking upfront if people want to do the cutscenes and then if you have a problem with it then you can just leave before the flashpoint starts. I know that is what my boyfriend and I do we ask upfront and we have never had a problem nor do we can upset if someone wants to watch the cutscenes.

All these problems would be solved if people communicated at the start of the flashpoint.

If there is 3 of us in a MM FP, why should we leave when the one person (usually dps so who cares) wants to do what the majority doesnt? I mean that doesnt even make sense.

Although I ask nicely in the beginning if itis a super long cutscene, I will just hit esc. After a couple times they get the point, or atleast reveal who is watching them.

I'd kick you for that because that takes more time than just letting them watch and it also makes you look like an ******e.

I'd kick you for that because that takes more time than just letting them watch and it also makes you look like an ******e.

LOL yeah I was thinking the same thing. A minute into a cutscene, hits escape. Watch that minute again, hits escape. Rinse repeat. Man, that would make it take so much longer.

If there is 3 of us in a MM FP, why should we leave when the one person (usually dps so who cares) wants to do what the majority doesnt? I mean that doesnt even make sense.

So no communication? That makes no sense. Discuss it first and if one person wants to do the cutscenes and two others don't have a problem, and one does, then who has the problem. As I said when my boyfriend and I do flashpoints we discuss (1) cutscenes (2) speed run or killing all the adds (3) anything else . Then we decide what the majority wants. If it winds up the majority decides to see the cutscenes or whatever else then the person that didn't get the majority to agree with them has a choice, either accept it or leave.

Communicate upfront and decide what everyone wants to do. Don't assume that everyone wants the same thing as you.

To be fair.. you normally tag team with your boyfriend... I imagine one of you is a tank or healer, which makes the queue go by infinitely faster. Back when I simply dpsed, it took 15-30 mins for a pop on a good day, and if I would have to leave every time someone watched a cut scene, I would of never been able to clock them out. Leaving because one or two people wants to watch a cut scene isn't a viable option. Although I will heavily agree that group communication is the key in a flashpoint, and 90% of the problems will be solved simply through that.

So no communication? That makes no sense. Discuss it first and if one person wants to do the cutscenes and two others don't have a problem, and one does, then who has the problem. As I said when my boyfriend and I do flashpoints we discuss (1) cutscenes (2) speed run or killing all the adds (3) anything else . Then we decide what the majority wants. If it winds up the majority decides to see the cutscenes or whatever else then the person that didn't get the majority to agree with them has a choice, either accept it or leave.

Communicate upfront and decide what everyone wants to do. Don't assume that everyone wants the same thing as you.

That scenario only works if people enter and say "Hey, folks, I'm going to be doing every cutscene. Mind?" That's never going to happen. One out of a hundred is going to come in and state their intent. It's easier for the vast majority of us players speeding through FPs to kick. Which takes me back to my original statement, if there was a Story mode for every FP there would be absolutely no need for you to do cutscenes in Vet/Master mode in the first place.

That scenario only works if people enter and say "Hey, folks, I'm going to be doing every cutscene. Mind?" That's never going to happen. One out of a hundred is going to come in and state their intent. It's easier for the vast majority of us players speeding through FPs to kick. Which takes me back to my original statement, if there was a Story mode for every FP there would be absolutely no need for you to do cutscenes in Vet/Master mode in the first place.

EVERY flashpoint with a handful of cut scenes has a solo mode variation of it, the only outlier here is kaon under siege. Their really is no point in watching cut scenes for the majority of Fps in veteran, and 95% of the time master.