How long till we can run flashpoints sumoning 3-4 companions?

Hyoga_

Well from my experience its true that when wiping on a Master mode FPS its best to replace one or 2 ppl with companions and you will get the job done. Sadly thats how it is.

Sure, you can have your 1man 3npc FPS, just make sure there will always be that Master mode of that Flashpoint, which is only doable by tank, healer and 2 dps.

What if he wants to do e. g. Lost Island?

Lost Island isn't solo-able. The mechanics of the boss fights alone would just destroy companions. Micro-managing one companion with a partner + their companion is hard enough, but it's possible.

OP: Good luck. It's been asked for many times. I seriously doubt we'll ever see it.

Lost Island isn't solo-able. The mechanics of the boss fights alone would just destroy companions. Micro-managing one companion with a partner + their companion is hard enough, but it's possible.

Sure it is. It's probably the hardest vet FP to solo but it's not impossible. Or you were thinking of MM?

edit: I think they could make a "true" solo version by just making companions immune to the various AoEs and the Smash...it's strange they haven't, as there's quite a nice story wrapped around LI and Kaon.

Edited by nyrkverse

Sure it is. It's probably the hardest vet FP to solo but it's not impossible. Or you were thinking of MM?

edit: I think they could make a "true" solo version by just making companions immune to the various AoEs and the Smash...it's strange they haven't, as there's quite a nice story wrapped around LI and Kaon.

I don't know where you got your information, but Lost Island is not in the Veteran Flashpoint list.

Edit: And before you say "I was mistaken and it was in the solo list." Think again.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

it's not on group finder, no, but you can still enter from the fleet (ziost shadow, gav daragon) and it's been updated to level 70 in 5.0.

My mistake then. The last time I did LI was during the DvL event, and it only had Normal and Hard Modes.

It's also not that uncommon to see people looking for group for vet Lost Island or Kaon on fleet.

I don't hang out on fleet. I pass through there to pick up missions and very rarely pay attention to general chat since it's 95% sheer idiocy.

I think the reason they don't have a solo mode is because it would require actually making some changes to the FP, versus just running a scaling script on the mobs and calling it a day - which is all they have done to the other ones.

Also I'd love to be able to collect the bonus rewards while running vets with my companion(s), and with or without another player, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

I will admit though that if I get a group with a really bad player, I have no problems kicking them and using a companion instead.

Edited by DawnAskham

I think that folks should require four folks to start a mission.

After that, however, if a player has to drop out or is kicked for some reason a player should be able to summon his or her companion to finish the mission.

I can see that being abused. Que for flashpoint > kick the other three > thanks, suckers!

I can see that being abused. Que for flashpoint > kick the other three > thanks, suckers!

Well, to be frank isnt the current system abused? Que with 4 people, get to the end boss, kick the other three, invite your friends in to finish it off?

I think there is abuse no matter how it is done...but in this case a companion is a poor substitute for a player. It would only be a stop gap to allow players to complete the mission.

Besides, one player, under the current system could not summon enough companions to complete. There would need to be at least two players, and that would still be pretty tough.

Edited by LordArtemis

Well, to be frank isnt the current system abused? Que with 4 people, get to the end boss, kick the other three, invite your friends in to finish it off?

I think there is abuse no matter how it is done...but in this case a companion is a poor substitute for a player. It would only be a stop gap to allow players to complete the mission.

Besides, one player, under the current system could not summon enough companions to complete. There would need to be at least two players, and that would still be pretty tough.

Actually for a lot of the veteran FPs companions are better than players.

I think the reason they don't have a solo mode is because it would require actually making some changes to the FP, versus just running a scaling script on the mobs and calling it a day - which is all they have done to the other ones.

ah, good point, makes sense (sadly).

I think that folks should require four folks to start a mission.

why? or you mean for entering via group finder? than it's already like that.

After that, however, if a player has to drop out or is kicked for some reason a player should be able to summon his or her companion to finish the mission.

that's how it is already in flashpoints and uprisings. the only group instances where companions cannot be summoned are operations.

Edited by nyrkverse

Actually for a lot of the veteran FPs companions are better than players.

Only if the players are clueless.

Companions are not good in FPs, but there is a limit to how creatively bad they can be.

Which, admittedly, groupfinder players regularly exceed by spectacular margins.

Companions are not good in FPs, but there is a limit to how creatively bad they can be.

This, I always love it when you lose someone and the leader whips out his comp and won't get a replacement.

HA! This polite description made me LOL out loud lol, well done :D

It actually takes 2 to vote kick someone. And you can't directly invite others into an active group finder group (you can only queue up replacements). So your friends would have to queue up with the "Match with groups in progress" box, and that specific flashpoint only checked, and hope that yours pops for them.

I was in one off-the-chain-bad group recently and everyone else did leave, leaving me alone. So I pulled a companion and finished it. It took some effort, but I "Got 'er done!" :p

And I agree: Sometimes companions are actually smarter than some players. At least they won't attack a cc'd mob or twin saber throw into a group of mobs you're stealthing through to get to a clicky. :rolleyes:

You already can do that.

What I think he means is that he doesn't see a problem with summoning a companion to replace a player. If I'm group leader, I'd summon a companion and set it to tank if we have a healer, or healer if we have none. If we have both, then dps it is.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

Well obviously certain flashpoints to have crazy mechanics will not be able to be done, but the majority of flash points are able to be completed with companions, the only problem is the difficulty. I think being able to use companions will alleviate the stress and everything else. There’s instances when one or two people leave when is impossible to find replacements, and the other two people end up leaving.