Why is so much of our healing gear based on Power?

isavetheday

When I see the tier gear we get from heroic tokens with power on it when its designed for a healer, it makes me feel like Bioware has no idea how to do its stats. There is really no reason at all to ever give us Power over more raw Cunning, as Cunning is better in nearly every way. While Cunning gives about 15% or so less extra healing per stat, it gives us the much more useful and needed crit bonus as an extra; plus it scales with the 5% buff. I really hope Bioware just drops Power forever on healing gear and just converts it to the same amount of extra Cunning. Edited by isavetheday

its as the guy said im gonna just add this:

Power is probably best stat for PvP healer as you want your heals to be predictable and there is no crit based proc for healers. Crit is for dps as you want to get that killers crit streaks.

Alactiry is for PvE healing i belive where mobility is not required but you want to be able to heal fast and heal different targets.

Bioware has no idea how to do its stats. There is really no reason at all to ever give us Power over more raw Cunning, as Cunning is better in nearly every way.

They know exactly what they are doing. Stats have Diminishing Returns. Over 400 Rating, the returns are so small as the be worthless. You can keep adding cunning all you like but it will give less and less benefit.

Power increases all damage and heals. When you crit, heal or damage, that higher number then gets increased as well.

To me, Cunning > Crit > Power > Surge.

30% crit, with talents and self buff should be easy to get. Not sure how much higher that can be pushed, realistically, with DR in place. Then I will swap to power and surge.

Alacrity is for PvE healing i believe where mobility is not required but you want to be able to heal fast and heal different targets.

You will not get any meaningful benefit from Alacrity. With DR on stats, 400 rating is 23.35% before DR really kicks in hard.

23.35% off of a 2 second cast isn't worth considering. 2s cast going to 1.64s.

As a healer, you really want big heals and to crit heal often or you will get behind on healing.

You will not get any meaningful benefit from Alacrity. With DR on stats, 400 rating is 23.35% before DR really kicks in hard.

23.35% off of a 2 second cast isn't worth considering. 2s cast going to 1.64s.

As a healer, you really want big heals and to crit heal often or you will get behind on healing.

"When faced with a choice between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."

— Mae West

Taking off 0.36s off cast time is pretty significant. Granted that's about the only thing it's good for since it does not affect surgical probe or kolto probe.

didn't say that Alacrity is worth it as never stacked it. However i beive thats is their intent to be pve stat. If it fails then we can expect buff here as surely they want healrs to use different gear then dps.

But does anyone knows the soft cap values? (aka when DR kicks in)

aprox DR equation would be even more awesome

Edited by Crawler

didn't say that Alacrity is worth it as never stacked it. However i beive thats is their intent to be pve stat. If it fails then we can expect buff here as surely they want healrs to use different gear then dps.

But does anyone knows the soft cap values? (aka when DR kicks in)

aprox DR equation would be even more awesome

Why wouldn't alacrity(faster casts) be better for pvp? I would think this stat would be more of a benefit for other healing classes in pvp due to all the mobility. PvE, while alacrity is nice for some classes, learning the encounters makes mobilty far far more controlable than in pvp.

too many isntants + running around = probably only 25% pvp healing comes from cast time ..that is considering its not a sitaution bunch of fools try to bash your tank while you just chilling with injections.

What instants? The only healer with any real instants is the imperial agent/smuggler, all other healers are looking at cast time heals. I see alacrity as being just as much a pvp healing stat for those who have mostly cast times.

I don't know, in this game I just fail to see how one stat such as alacrity is more of a pve stat, i just dont see it.

What instants? The only healer with any real instants is the imperial agent/smuggler, all other healers are looking at cast time heals. I see alacrity as being just as much a pvp healing stat for those who have mostly cast times.

I don't know, in this game I just fail to see how one stat such as alacrity is more of a pve stat, i just dont see it.

You're in the operative forum dude...

we are in IA forum so... kinda yea... i mean IA. other classes like sorc will love alacrity for pvp.

OK, so like I said on the first page, alacrity has no more benefit in pve OR pvp for imperial agents. Alacrity is NOT a PvE stat for IAs it benefits both pve and pvp equally, and IMO not much.

Edited by Menisong

You're in the operative forum dude...

Duh, we were talking about stats, he claimed alacrity is a pve stat, its not. Like you and the other said, we are in the IA forum, so it is not a better stat for pve OR pvp.

Edited by Menisong

its as the guy said im gonna just add this:

Power is probably best stat for PvP healer as you want your heals to be predictable and there is no crit based proc for healers. Crit is for dps as you want to get that killers crit streaks.

Alactiry is for PvE healing i belive where mobility is not required but you want to be able to heal fast and heal different targets.

Alacrity is not any better for pve healing than pvp healing. Your just wrong about this, I mean, we are in the IA forum, for other healers, yeah alacrity may be better, but not here for the IA.

If Alacrity affected our HoT it could play a decent roll but as an IA Med I see myself stacking up crit with power to compliment such talents as Accomplished Doctor, Surgical Precision and any other stat that would boost healing % based.

Alacrity does effect our HoTs. but I don't see it coming anywhere near as beneficial as power or crit.