Mind Haze, Tranquilizer, etc ... also operatives.

Lattervane

These "sap" abilities all need to immediately fill the opponents resolve bar OR have a cool down.

It is absolutely absurd the amount of times any stealth can stall multiple people with this tactic. Since all 8v8's are objective based and most require you to capture points, this ability alone grants a massive advantage.

Side Note: It's also quite ridiculous how much crap an operative or scoundrel can "dodge" and "resist" by rolling, healing, rolling again, stun one person, AOE mezz, rolling again, heal some more, then vanish and start sapping all over again. I mean W.T.F.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for "not being good" at pvp for posting this. It's just absurdly powerful. I've seen 1 operative healer delay a node against 5 people for a good minute. If they happen to have a guard, just forget about it.

These "sap" abilities all need to immediately fill the opponents resolve bar OR have a cool down.

It is absolutely absurd the amount of times any stealth can stall multiple people with this tactic. Since all 8v8's are objective based and most require you to capture points, this ability alone grants a massive advantage.

Side Note: It's also quite ridiculous how much crap an operative or scoundrel can "dodge" and "resist" by rolling, healing, rolling again, stun one person, AOE mezz, rolling again, heal some more, then vanish and start sapping all over again. I mean W.T.F.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for "not being good" at pvp for posting this. It's just absurdly powerful. I've seen 1 operative healer delay a node against 5 people for a good minute. If they happen to have a guard, just forget about it.

1: Get gud

2: Use CC breaker wisely

3: Don't duel an Operative with a class that has garbage survivability

4: Don't use stuns or any attack that deals high damage during/0.5 seconds after a roll and if you see one coming

5: If 5 people get delayed by 1 operative they all just suck (chain cc? electronet? attack at all? It's not hard to predict where an Operative is going to kite/roll to and just follow them even if you don't guess correctly... OPERATIVES CAN ONLY USE ROLL TWICE EVERY 10 SECONDS. It should not take that long to get them stunned, etc during that cooldown)

6: Only have one person cap so they only have one person to sap.

7: A Sniper can build 30 stacks of stealth detection while crouched and can see them easily that way

7: Cloaking Screen has a 2 minute cooldown and 30 seconds less if you take a certain utility... it shouldn't take that long to kill them or cap the node.

I was recently against 2 mercs who attempted to capture a node at the beginning of Yavin. As soon as the 1st mezz of each ended, they didn't try to cap again, instead, they started AoEing and scanning all the time, letting their resolve fade and restarting my cycle. They were 2 people, and they would have never capped it unless a 3rd guy with a speed boost and this 3rd guy tried to cap 2 times in a row, so in the 3rd I had to leave stealth for him.

Sap-cap isn't OP, if countered correctly. What you should do between the 1st stun and the 2nd is at most 1 AoE instant, hoping for a lucky shot and immediately go for the 2nd cap. it forced the stealther to later have to fight an opponent who has a headstart of stun immunity, and just imagine how annoying is that if that opponent is a sniper, he can have nearly 1min of stun immunity in a row if he chooses to use the CD, it's a tide turner unless you are a very underperforming DPS spec, DoT spec (because both stealthers have full DoT purge every one min, with sins also gaining immunity to 80% of your abilities including those who place the DoT, and operatives probavbly have it every 20s rather then 1m), or a tank/healer, and these shouldn't attempt to solo cap from stealthers anyway.

Pro tip: If you are an assassin and have 5s force shroud you can use it on pylon cap. 90% of the stealth guards won't risk missing the 1s window it leaves them to cc and will start offensives immediately. Same goes for Yavin if you picked a boost: shroud and cap, and you are immune for the whole duration of the cap, they will either notice and break the cap with damage or even better, not notice and give you the node. Of course all the above works for entrenched snipers, and any class who have stun immunity on not too necessary/long CDs.

Or you know, you could actually bait out the stealther.

It's not that hard to counteract this, as long as you know what you're doing.

Calling for nerfs upon something you don't even understand is rather dumb.

Protip, eat the first maze straight up. Don't break it, just sit there and take it like a man.

The second one will whitebar you. When this happens, break it and start capping your node.

At this stage the stealther has no choice but to open up on you. You can then do 2 things, face him head on.. or try to cap the node behind his back.

In any case you can use the fact that, as long as he is alone, he will not break your short stuns to your advantage.

He can't. Because if he does all you need is a long "stun" to ninja it straight from his face.

Learn, understand. Complain only after you actually know what you're asking.

I agree with the folks who say that the OP needs to understand how resolve works, and use it to his/her advantage. Having said that however, I can see the original poster's point of view.

I solo guard a LOT, because I'm a regstar who actually likes to win those objective games. And I play a sin/shadow mostly. And I think that resolve does not last long enough. I can delay someone a lot longer than the "1st mezz eat, 2nd mezz break" thing. After they do that, I let them cap for a few seconds, then I pop out of steatlh, force shroud, interrupt and fight them for a few seconds, combat stealth... and now their resolve will be gone before they can finish another cap. And I mezz. And I have 2 full ones this time because they used their breaker.

I know it will never happen, but I kinda wish that resolve would go away the same way it's gained. That is, once you have a full bar, it stays that way until it prevents the same amount of stuns that caused it. Or it only depletes while you are actually in combat. Or it lasts twice as long. Something. Because as it stands, I swear that resolve, 90% of the time, is just a bar you watch go away while you are in respawn. With the only exception to this being huttball carriers on the opposing team. :p

My opinion and experience anyway.

Why both Shroud and interrupt after leaving stealth? You've got time to move to LoS as long as you use interrupt.

Probably because I hadn't thought of that. :o

Also by "interrupt", I didn't actually mean the interrupt ability. In theory I know that I should use that, and then it prevents them from using cap for 4 seconds. But in practice I've never quite gotten it into my muscle memory, so my auto-response is to just attack them to stop the cap. But now that you've pointed out how stupid that is, I think I should really concentrate on getting used to actually using *interrupt* to stop them. Thanks!

I agree with the folks who say that the OP needs to understand how resolve works, and use it to his/her advantage. Having said that however, I can see the original poster's point of view.

I solo guard a LOT, because I'm a regstar who actually likes to win those objective games. And I play a sin/shadow mostly. And I think that resolve does not last long enough. I can delay someone a lot longer than the "1st mezz eat, 2nd mezz break" thing. After they do that, I let them cap for a few seconds, then I pop out of steatlh, force shroud, interrupt and fight them for a few seconds, combat stealth... and now their resolve will be gone before they can finish another cap. And I mezz. And I have 2 full ones this time because they used their breaker.

I know it will never happen, but I kinda wish that resolve would go away the same way it's gained. That is, once you have a full bar, it stays that way until it prevents the same amount of stuns that caused it. Or it only depletes while you are actually in combat. Or it lasts twice as long. Something. Because as it stands, I swear that resolve, 90% of the time, is just a bar you watch go away while you are in respawn. With the only exception to this being huttball carriers on the opposing team. :p

My opinion and experience anyway.

Resolve doesn't do a friggen thing, I don't even know why they still have it. It simply doesn't work half the time.

Probably because I hadn't thought of that. :o

Also by "interrupt", I didn't actually mean the interrupt ability. In theory I know that I should use that, and then it prevents them from using cap for 4 seconds. But in practice I've never quite gotten it into my muscle memory, so my auto-response is to just attack them to stop the cap. But now that you've pointed out how stupid that is, I think I should really concentrate on getting used to actually using *interrupt* to stop them. Thanks!

I see! But yes, it's actually a pretty handy tool there. You can usually then LoS for a while. Another possibility is to Low Slash and hide, but it might leave you open for an insta-WW or something. I tend to prefer using Interrupt first, then Low Slash and when the resolve is down, insta-WW.

Resolve works. Those who complain about it needs to go read a guide on the mechanic or pay attention to what stuns are going out (mez or hardstun). It’s actually a fair and balanced system. The resolve system in this game is one of the mechanics that I highly admire in pvp that the developers actually took time and made it well designed.

Nothing is broken about it, working as intended.

If you all have issues with it, it is purely a L2P. Go to the resolve section of the pinned pvp guide and start reading. https://swtor-tryhard.github.io/pvpguide/

Edited by kissingaiur

The resolve system in this game is one of the mechanics that I highly admire in pvp that the developers actually took time and made it well designed.

]

Other games dont give every class stun, or have so many cc's, pushes...

Its a real skill to stun opponent and do dmg... i play mostly sin, trust me, the skilled guy with cc's arsenal :cool:

]

Few nights ago, i was stunned even having full resolve. Also at the same night, I cc'ed someone with full resolve (wasnt trying actually, only to interrupt capping)

Resolve doesn't do a friggen thing, I don't even know why they still have it. It simply doesn't work half the time.

What?

In what way does it not work? With somewhere in the range of 8000 warzones played in my time I have yet to remember one where I felt like resolve wasn't functioning the way it's supposed to.

Resolve works. Those who complain about it needs to go read a guide on the mechanic or pay attention to what stuns are going out (mez or hardstun). It’s actually a fair and balanced system. The resolve system in this game is one of the mechanics that I highly admire in pvp that the developers actually took time and made it well designed.

If you all have issues with it, it is purely a L2P. Go to the resolve section of the pinned pvp guide and start reading. https://swtor-tryhard.github.io/pvpguide/

I know how it's suppose to work, and sometimes it does work correctly, what I said was it doesn't work correctly sometimes for me. I have no idea if other people experience wacky resolve issues where sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, I'm not behind their screens. For me, it's wacky. I know I'm not the only one that that happens to as I have heard a few people mention it a few times [i'd day maybe 3 or 4 people, which is a very small amount of PVPers considering the whole].

Why is beyond my scope of knowledge, nothing that BW has a hand in surprises me anymore.

It doesn't stop me from putting up good numbers, but it does annoy the crap outta me when it does happen.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

It's not going to not function for you and function for everyone else. I'm pretty sure you just don't know how it works.

But if you would explain what you are experiencing perhaps I can help you understand it.

Like I said, I played an insane amount of warzones in my time and I havn't had any problems with resolve ever.

Edited by Evolixe

Few nights ago, i was stunned even having full resolve. Also at the same night, I cc'ed someone with full resolve (wasnt trying actually, only to interrupt capping)

Are you sure you just didn't get stunned and that filled your bar and then you look at it and you're like hey I have full resolve I shouldn't be stunned, not realizing that stun is what gave you the full bar?

I have been pvping for a long time and never seen resolve not work as intended

Edited by masstershake

I know how it's suppose to work, and sometimes it does work correctly, what I said was it doesn't work correctly sometimes for me. I have no idea if other people experience wacky resolve issues where sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, I'm not behind their screens. For me, it's wacky. I know I'm not the only one that that happens to as I have heard a few people mention it a few times [i'd day maybe 3 or 4 people, which is a very small amount of PVPers considering the whole].

Why is beyond my scope of knowledge, nothing that BW has a hand in surprises me anymore.

It doesn't stop me from putting up good numbers, but it does annoy the crap outta me when it does happen.

Well unless there is proof I think that’s bogus. In over 2 years playing this game, the resolve system is extremely solid. But that being said it is also complicated that’s why players need to really read a guide how it works. What abilities build resolve, how much much resolve is built per different stun amounts, how much resolve will give you white bar and mechanics such how resolve works when clipping stun duration or stunning a target who is 99%.

It’s a really good system and it works, it’s just complicated that’s why played complain a lot that is broken when it’s really working as intended.

Edited by kissingaiur