Thanks, Bioware

Eanelinea

Just want to say my thanks for including the npcs and companions to 'see' what species my character is. I know it began on Yavin when my Sith operative asked what a Massassi was and Lana was surprised I didn't know since he was a Sith. And on Copero when my Chiss Jedi Knight mentioned to Saganu that she was part of the Ascendancy.

I feel it adds more life-like or realism to the game when the game has my companions and npcs acknowledge, even if subtly, that I am whatever species that I am. I used to hate, after 1.2, when my Chiss, Mirialans, and Sith Pureblood was just considered an 'alien' and not be a bit more specific.

Hopefully, you all will add on a little more about who I'm dating or married to. Usually, no one (meaning game characters) really say anything about who I'm with romantically unless I choose my original romance over Theron/Lana/Koth or banish/kill my spouse. Though...Theron saying Quinn and my Warrior having history on my MARRIED TO QUINN sith warrior was a little annoying, at least someone knows. So, thanks for that.

Just want to say my thanks for including the npcs and companions to 'see' what species my character is. I know it began on Yavin when my Sith operative asked what a Massassi was and Lana was surprised I didn't know since he was a Sith. And on Copero when my Chiss Jedi Knight mentioned to Saganu that she was part of the Ascendancy.

I feel it adds more life-like or realism to the game when the game has my companions and npcs acknowledge, even if subtly, that I am whatever species that I am. I used to hate, after 1.2, when my Chiss, Mirialans, and Sith Pureblood was just considered an 'alien' and not be a bit more specific.

Hopefully, you all will add on a little more about who I'm dating or married to. Usually, no one (meaning game characters) really say anything about who I'm with romantically unless I choose my original romance over Theron/Lana/Koth or banish/kill my spouse. Though...Theron saying Quinn and my Warrior having history on my MARRIED TO QUINN sith warrior was a little annoying, at least someone knows. So, thanks for that.

There was always a limited recognition of your species, in that characters who weren't human/PBS caught flak or at least reference for their being "aliens" all over the Empire.

There were one or two places where the recognition or lack thereof seemed ... weird ... like Moff Regus on Imp Ilum blithering to my Rattataki Darth Noxette with Dark V face and *all* the face metal about alien scum. Here is this alien, one of the top twelve most powerful Sith (she was already Darth Nox, on the Dark Council, the works), and he mouths off at her about aliens. Lucky for him that the writers didn't give her an option to turn him into crispy-fried charcoal briquettes then and there.

And the conversation during the Umbara FP from Lana toward my Shadow who did the horizontal folk dance with The Pacifist, then touched nobody until Shoulder Boy on SoR and KotFE, that was a nice touch. She seems genuinely concerned about how my character is taking it.

I'm also interested by how the romance with Lana herself has evolved - how the writers have shown Lana loosening up.

There was always a limited recognition of your species, in that characters who weren't human/PBS caught flak or at least reference for their being "aliens" all over the Empire.

I know and it was always just a generic 'alien scum', but they wanted me to help.

There were one or two places where the recognition or lack thereof seemed ... weird ... like Moff Regus on Imp Ilum blithering to my Rattataki Darth Noxette with Dark V face and *all* the face metal about alien scum. Here is this alien, one of the top twelve most powerful Sith (she was already Darth Nox, on the Dark Council, the works), and he mouths off at her about aliens. Lucky for him that the writers didn't give her an option to turn him into crispy-fried charcoal briquettes then and there.

This is mainly what I mean. Like they forgot they let us be whatever we wanted in 1.2.

And the conversation during the Umbara FP from Lana toward my Shadow who did the horizontal folk dance with The Pacifist, then touched nobody until Shoulder Boy on SoR and KotFE, that was a nice touch. She seems genuinely concerned about how my character is taking it.

I'm also interested by how the romance with Lana herself has evolved - how the writers have shown Lana loosening up.

I enjoyed this part because my male smuggler was telling Lana about how he was with Theron and that she knew. I just hate when my original LIs come back and the other npcs/companions act like they were only my friend. *sigh* The only time they suddenly KNOW I was with the original LI is if I were to break up with Theron/Koth/Lana to be back with the original.

I can't complain too much, at least the algorhythms are getting to the point where the npc/companion is beginning to know who you're with and what species you are (if you're not human).

*nods* This has been in there since launch. I guess the real question becomes how much does each story have to go out of it's way to acknowledge our species selection?

I'd like to see more of it to be sure, but I also wouldn't want it to be a dialogue issue every other sentence just to point out that... yes, indeed, my toon is a Sith, Twi'lek, Chiss... etc. Just where it might actually matter or have some bearing... as with the Yavin 4 scene you mentioned, OP. The little details in the right places make it a neat experience. :)

There's a quest somewhere, can't even remem where, where even on a Cathar toon the idiot NPC will explain to you what a Cathar is.

I want the option to kill this particular NPC.

Just for being that stupid.

I recently went through that (quest on Ord Mantell for either smugglers or troopers). It was pretty hilarious, since the female trooper asked "You said she was a cathar?" in an utterly deadpan, bland tone, and the frazzled guy she was talking to blathered on about what a cathar is...to my cathar trooper doing her best impression of Grumpy Cat. I just thought the guy was so stressed that he didn't really notice who he was talking to (which seems reasonable, since he's worried out of his mind by medicine being stolen and soldiers dying because of it).

On Makeb, however, my cathar bounty hunter was talking to Captain Hanthorr, who recognized her as a fellow cathar. That was awesome. :D

And I think my pureblood warrior made some sort of comment on Yavin IV about the massassi and how she's related to them, but I can't remember it.

I was mildly disappointed that Kaliyo didn't comment on my rattataki inquisitor being the same race as she, though. And Jorgan said nothing to a cathar PC when they met. Oh well... Glad to know that chiss are apparently recognized as chiss on Copero. (And Force-sensitive chiss are recognized as...well, Jedi or Sith? Because that's also awesome.)

I do like it when the NPCs can provide knowledge. I've just gone through SoR Prelude with a character who did not do the Revanite quest on DK or the Star Forge bit on Nar Shaddaa, and there were moments where those details were explained to me, in ways that seemed natural to the story.

Going through the SI story with a Twi'lek was really interesting in that there were numerous times she was called a 'dirty alien,' and was actually given conversation choices to defend herself. And on Ilum Darth Malgus did take a moment to criticize why she as an alien would support the Empire, given their attitudes. Nice touches, there.

I do wish that the romances would be acknowledged more by other characters, especially because in most cases it seems fairly serious.

As far as Lana is concerned, IMHO, it's been really sweet seeing that romance evolve. The only things I liked about Iokath were the romance moments with her, because they were really nice.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

There's a quest somewhere, can't even remem where, where even on a Cathar toon the idiot NPC will explain to you what a Cathar is.

I want the option to kill this particular NPC.

Just for being that stupid.

When I arrived on Korriban as a pure blooded Sith I received recognition as one by one Pure blood and then was talked down to by a human overseer Harkon holding up another pure blood as what the best is and how I was slave scum. I was like whaaat?

When I arrived on Korriban as a pure blooded Sith I received recognition as one by one Pure blood and then was talked down to by a human overseer Harkon holding up another pure blood as what the best is and how I was slave scum. I was like whaaat?

Initially SIth could not be Inquisitors because the story revolves around the raising of a Slave to Sith status.

There was an uproar about this from the players because of course there was.

To change this dialogue would require the changing of the entire story so I cannot be done really.

Incidentally, I much preferred the old race restrictions for certain classes, it made things more interesting in my opinion.

yeah , so far I know Sith warrior get a dialogue if Pure Blood .

Chiss is agent .

And I think (not sure) but Cathar trooper get something with Jorgan . And an npc on Ord Mantell act like you are not one furry standing before him .

Oh and smuggler get one dialogue with some perv if Twilek .

Other then that , haven't see any dialogue for miraluka , merilian , zabrak , ratattaki , cyborg (is NOT a race! ) , human , Togruta , ...hum did I forget any? . which suck . Wish your specie would have more dialogues .

Chiss is agent .

And I think (not sure) but Cathar trooper get something with Jorgan . And an npc on Ord Mantell act like you are not one furry standing before him .

Other then that , haven't see any dialogue for miraluka , merilian , zabrak , ratattaki , cyborg (is NOT a race! ) , human , Togruta , ...hum did I forget any? . which suck . Wish your specie would have more dialogues .

I think Jorgan speaks of actually having a little of fur balls or something rather then adopting if Cathar and romanced / married. Thats about the only difference I recall.

Initially SIth could not be Inquisitors because the story revolves around the raising of a Slave to Sith status.

There was an uproar about this from the players because of course there was.

To change this dialogue would require the changing of the entire story so I cannot be done really.

Incidentally, I much preferred the old race restrictions for certain classes, it made things more interesting in my opinion.

I can't remember where it was discussed but it was also reasoned out that a pureblood *could* be a slave if their family had been captured or some such thing. On Makeb Cythrat makes a comment about Sith and a royal family being taken as slaves so apparently it could and did happen.

Chiss is agent .

I think Jorgan recognizes the Zabrak Trooper (I've seen it being mentioned on these forums), can't speak for anythign else.